caloriesproper.com/lchf-negates-performance-benefit-of-training-o_o
caloriesproper.com/ketoadaptation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try it and tell us you fat fucker

fucking school me plz user
>finally time to cut
>love gains too much
>plz dont leave me gains

Eat less than 20g carbs a day, hit your protein goal, and get the rest of your calories from fat. After about a week of this, your body will go into ketosis and fat adapt and you'll use fat stores as energy. If you do IF with this you'll burn fat for 16 hours at a time

When I first heard about keto I shat all over it because complex carbs are a fantastic source of nutrition and because compared against standard caloric deficit it has no benefit for weight loss whatsoever.

A few weeks into keto and I'm 100% converted. People talk about the mental fog and lethargy for the first few days but for me it's the opposite- less carbs and sugars mean I'm mentally there all the time and I have far less bloat. I'm also just plain not feeling hungry much any more, even on gym days other than perhaps for a few hours in the evening.

It DOES negatively affect my lifts but compared to going on a standard calorie deficit that's probably the same thing I'd see, so I'll take it while I'm cutting.

tl;dr I'm converted, give it a try if you normally shit all over it

That's the other thing is the lack of hunger, I can go hours without thinking of food. When I do eat, I get full fast.

Can you elaborate on the mental fog/ lethargy stuff?

I'm thinking of doing keto because I feel tired as fuck and like I can't think all the time. I used to have moderate to bad depression but it feels like it's just always in the background.

For the first few days you basically go into carb withdrawal. It's like breaking a drug addiction. After 5-7 days you'll see a huge mood improvement and a general sense of well being.

When you eat carbs, your body dumps insulin to deal with them. This creates the crash and makes you tired and eventually hungry for more. In keto, the stored fat is a constant energy source, so no insulin dump and reduced hunger. Also, your brain loves fat.

Thanks

I can hit ketosis in 24-36 hours with a fast. Going a day and a half with out food is not tough and it pretty much bypasses all of the mental fog and sluggishness you can feel if you take it slow.

I did but then I cut too much
>Down to 155 lb
Now I eat everything in sight and lift heavy and I'm still no more than 165. Feels good.

I think I do this accidentally, but I'm not sure.

I'm a fatass, and on a very significant caloric deficit while also doing 18:6 IF. I eat around 1k-1.2k calories per day, making sure to get around 140g of brotein and I usually stay under 20 carbs. The problem is, I don't get much dietary fat either with this deficit. I don't feel crappy after about 82 days of this, and the weight is melting (44lbs down after 82 days). I'm seeing improvement in my lifts, but thats only because I was a fat dyel who just started lifting a month ago.

Do you have to eat a lot of dietary fat to get into ketosis? Or is it more about being under 20g of carbs?

FWIW, my carbs come from veggies, sometimes fruit, though I have been staying away from fruit mostly. I haven't had anything refined since I started cutting except protein powder.

>and you'll use fat stores as energy
nice meme
>calorie deficit
lose weight
>calorie surplus
you gain weight

the end

t. PhD in BroScience Meatheadology

First guy here, I'm Type 1 diabetic and wanted to highlight that a little- insulin does not cause lethargy or sleepiness, nor does lack of insulin- instead fluctuating bloodsugars are what's responsible, it also causes inflammation in turn which is why carbs bloat you far more than either fat or protein (secondary to their water retention).

So if you're depressed as a result of diet and lack of exercise then absolutely try keto out, but understand it takes a good dose of commitment which is hard when your hormones are out of whack.

>Do you have to eat a lot of dietary fat to get into ketosis? Or is it more about being under 20g of carbs?
It's more the lack of carbs but fat is definitely a factor. It's very possible to eat no carbs but not find ketosis.

This is wrong too- whether you burn fat stores is down to calorific deficit or surplus almost exclusively. Ketosis merely helps you burn fat in your blood in a similar/more direct way to sugars

Except he's right. Ketosis helps you stay in caloric deficit and feel fuller but it doesn't help you burn any more or less fat than standard caloric deficit and suggesting otherwise is simply nonsense or marketing.

How much dietary fat do I need to aim for, minimum?

*citation needed*
>nice meme
except that is literally what ketosis is

>CALORIES IN, CALORIES OUT BRO, IT'S THAT EASY
>also, I'm addicted to carbs

60%ish. Studies and google are more specific than I can be

>I don't believe in science and clinical study, I'll just believe fat stores magically disappear because of ketosis

You're wrong and it's embarrassing. Keto is great and I'm all for it, but stating it's somehow magic and makes fat reserves disappear through means other than calorific deficit takes a special kind of ignorance and retardation

Keto is a meme

Do you even substrate utilization, bro?

Your brain hates using fat for energy

No

I just eat clean whole foods.

I don't want to sound like a hippie yoga spiritual ayahuasca faggot here, but heres a point I heard on the Aubrey Marcus podcast and it stuck with me.

Your body is powered by nutrients, as is your brain. You can "survive" on peanut butter and orange juice, but you're not getting everything your body needs and you'll eventually start to feel really shit because of it.

That's what most of us are doing everyday, including keto... We're surviving and getting our calories and SOME nutrients, but not all the nutrients we need to feel great and run at 100%.

So instead I try to eat lots of vegetables, I eat animal protein and fish and I stay away from sugar and ready meals. I eat carbohydrates but I try to restrict my carb intake, I get my carbs mainly from vegetables like peas and carrots, or I eat porridge made using hot water. I feel mentally better eating this way.

Lol, nice meme, the brain prioritizes Glucose to burn it for energy, but it runs way more efficiently on fat, you dumb fuck

Keep eating sugar so you stay a lesser manlet, you are not even worthy to achieve the next level

It runs so well on fat it goes out of its way to create more glucose to burn instead of it if you don't eat much.

is it that hard to eat less? to eat like a grown up and eat decent food? eat 250g of chicken a day, with two tbsp of brown rice two tbsp of beans. do this three times a day and as many veggies as you want, if you're hungry take some bcaa and one scoop of whey on milk, thats it, you're on a cut mantaining muscle mass and losing fat woooow so hard

stop eating potatoes

Same here OP. Throw in HIIT and a power routine if things stall.

Except even on ketosis your brain still needs glucose, and your blood cells can't use keton bodies

>the brain prioritizes Glucose to burn it for energy, but it runs way more efficiently on fat, you dumb fuck
Not him but what magic substance does fat get turned into that isn't glucose in your magic world?
Dumb fucking idiots pretending they understand what they're talking about, every time.

Actually it's the liver which creates glucose for the brain, though the brain does always require a small amount outside of that supply, but those are negligible.

youll perform better after full ketoadaptation

Been doing CICO for the last year or two and results are slow on very disciplined periods and stagnant otherwise. Can't really get rid of the love handles and pooch.

I'm about 5 weeks into keto. I can already see abs coming in.

It's fucking stupid how effective it is. The only fine print is just eating around the restrictions, but it's honestly not that bad. If you're resourceful you can make some really good shit. And it's hard getting tired of bacon/eggs.

Outright false due to biology. Several studies have shown this as well as my own results. Keto is great but lying and bullshit about it helps nobody

For me the pros outweigh the cons

Unless you meant better than yourself at the start of keto, which is obviously true

caloriesproper.com/lchf-negates-performance-benefit-of-training-o_o
caloriesproper.com/ketoadaptation

Ah yes, thanks for rebuking my multitude of clinical study results with two blog posts from the same shitty marketing blog with no citation, I'm convinced

keto + dnp checking in

There are plenty of citations but I guess your image from a blog post on a website shilling supplements and supplement guides on crappy cherry picked studies is so much better right?

Today was the last day of my 2 month long keto cut. I spent the last two months eating nothing but eggs for breakfast and mean + salads throughout the rest of the day. I've lost about 8 kilos (17.6 lbs for amerifats), and I feel good. I've maintained most if not all of my strength and muscle mass, while dropping about 3, maybe 4 inches of my waist.

That said I'm looking forward to carbloading tomorrow for dat glycogen and water in my muscles. And while I don't have a problem keeping a deficit eating the same shit every day is quite boring.

according to the calories in, calories out faggots, I could eat 1000 calories worth of donuts every day and a multi-vitamin and lose weight just as fast as keto.

whey protein will pull you out of ketosis
source: dietician best mate

Ketoshills BTFO

You can and you will. You'd just look like shit. Nice get by the way.

>dietician

lol

>trusts nutritionists

I don't trust either. They're meme professions.

What are some GOAT daily meals and snacks? gonna stock up next time I go to the store

What if the person in that position is a bodybuilder as well and looks good?

Any of you niggas care to share your keto meal plan?

>We're surviving and getting our calories and SOME nutrients, but not all the nutrients we need to feel great and run at 100%.
What nutrients am I not getting that I need to feel great and run at 100% while in keto?

Breakfast:
>Steak
>Eggs
>Bacon

Lunch:
>Medium Ground Beef

Dinner:
>2-3 Steaks
>Side of Bacon

I don't have money to buy that many steaks tho

Substitute for ground beef.

Won't be as tasty though.

Too much protein, not enough fat, not keto.

Keto is a meme diet.

Zero carb is superior in every way.

>user asks abuot keto meal plan
>posts something that's not keto
>le meem

>no vegetables
do you shit bricks?

Just drink a glass of olive oil with the food

Ostarine

I thought too much protein and not enough fat will knock you out of Ketosis?

except on a ketogenic diet the thermogenesis of the body is much higher

warmer hands, feet, ears, knees

you burn a lot more energy than before and can lose weight even while eating more than you did before the diet

i bet you don't even know what
grehlin
leptin
insulin
glucagon
hormone sensitive lipase
lipoprotein lipase

all are, yet you try to give advice

NO YOU DONT USE FAT STORES AS FUCKING ENERGY AND YOU JUST CARRY LESS WATER. EVERY 150 CARBS THAT ARE IN UR MUSCLE YOU RETAIN 1L of WATER AND WHEN THEY SAY YOU BURN FAT YOU BURN FAT THE MACRO NUTRITIENT NOT BODYFAT. THE ONLY WAY YOU BURN FAT IS INCREASING UR HEART RATE OR BEING IN A CALORIE DEFICIT AND YOU CONVERT FAT INTO CARBON DIOXIDE AND EXHALE IT YOU STUPID FUCK STOP SPREADING MIS INFO ABOUT KETO BEING THIS MAGIC DIET. ITS NOT ITS JUST A LOW CARB DIET BODYBUILDERS IN THE GOLDEN AGE USED TO LOOK LEANER AND MORE AESTHETIC

but then why does the brain use 60% ketones and only 40% glucose when supplied with both?

>Not him but what magic substance does fat get turned into that isn't glucose in your magic world?

ketones, you massive faggot. which provide over 3 times the amount of ATP yield per same mass

>grehlin
>grehlin

get out.

lmao that study did not allow adequate time to adapt to keto, just as you adapt to resistance training with an increase in satellite cells there is an increase in shuttling and receptors for keto

enjoy your brainlet gains

Can a normal person get ill from keto like a diabetic goes into DKA?

Ketones are an absolute no no in diabetics, causing acidosis and possible shock.

>aha! i have found a typo on this thai basket weaving forum
>nothing in this post means anything anymore and i win!

t. autist

I think user was suggesting that eating a. variety of veg and fruit is good for you
man cannot live on meat and almond milk alone

Myth. Ketosis is 99% about restricting carbs, not consuming fat/protein.

Gluconeogenesis from protein is driven by need, not supply.

There are vegetables and fruits you can eat while on keto, so that shouldn't be an issue.

>hit your protein goal
High protein can throw you out of keto.

what

Yeah you'd think since there aren't that many sugar readily available in the wild we would have adapted by having an organ that can produce glucose, but that's just silly now isnt it.

Started when I was chubby. Fat melted away easily even with a light carb meal once a week. Now if visible abs I have to count calories and chicken + tuna is enough to hit my fats for the day. Upside is its stupidly easy to make tasty, feeling meals.

Then that user is being dumb. The major neturiant lacking on keto is fiber which is easy enough to sub in by powders. Leafy greens and even berries can be eaten on keto as well.

You're more likely to get fucked over by lack of VD or Magnesium than by keto.

Got any studies showing IF burns fat faster than normal? All the reading I've seen on it just shows it as an alternative to manage a healthy diet into a busy day.

This x 1000
On a ketogenic diet much more of the energy consumed goes into body use than storage, even while on a cut.
On a normal diet high on carbs the body copes to reduced intake of calories by restricting normal body activity(heat to extremities, general energy, alertness) and still try to store some of it as fat.
It all has to do with insulin as it regulates which way the energy goes

it's true.

wouldn't recommend mantaining a keto diet for more than 3 months. the pH changes will potentially fuck you up.

You can alternatively just work out hard as fuck to dump all your reserve from your liver and just jump straight into keto in a day.

6'4 192
>Breakfast : Eggs, Bacon
>Whey Proton shake
>Chicken if off day

I'm making gains on will power as well as my lifts

>trusting a guy that takes grams of roids every week

Did someone else lost his facegainz after Starting keto+IF?, My face feels kinda bloated and undefined from time to time

>CALORIES IN, CALORIES OUT BRO, IT'S THAT EASY
yeah, 2nd law of thermodynamics brah, it really is that easy

Has anyone done Keto without the standard fatty diet?

I'm fat as heck, and I've tried "standard" keto food like Bacon and Eggs, coconut oil and I hate what it did to me. It gave me awful shits, and reeked. I also hate cooking it since theres grease everywhere.

My new diet plan is a Green Smoothie (just spinach/kale and maybe some other green vegetables), and then a half roast chicken with vegetables.

The idea is I'd still get most of my calories from fat, just from the fat on my body while I'm consuming only protein, a little bit of fat, and vegetables.

yes. I eat about 1200 calories a day at 6'3 on keto
1 or 2 meals per day
dropping a pound every 1-3 days, maintaining strength

starvation is a meme.
Eat a lot of protein as your cals, your bodies fat IS the fat you "consume"

are you doing any cardio?

i want to do this cut, sounds fucking grand... cant do it right now though, finals are coming up and i literally need carbs to think

If you've been eating a lot of carbs, I wouldn't move to keto during exam time.

To me, people overblow the whole "keto flu" but if you switch to a keto diet you have some issues adapting to digestion. Mainly a shitload of diarrhea, especially if you incorporate coconut or mct oil. You will have savage diarrhea.

The mental fog is overblown, but fatigue is most definitely a factor, as is lifting recovery.

yeah thats the idea

thanks for info though

i need to do cardio though.. can i cardio on keto? or is it for just a lifting+diet based cut

Is that potato? You ain't gonna make it.

You can do whatever you want.

Keto isn't some magic thing, it's a natural state of the body.

You can do cardio on keto, just like anything. In general you'll have better performing with lifts and cardio with carbs, but it's not like you can't move while on keto.

that picture isnt keto, it has potatoes

and im on vegan keto. thats keto while being vegan. only exception is sardines, i eat sardines for the health benefits

its good or something i think? i feel better on it than on sugar. i get depressed on sugar all the time, keto is good for my mental health

I had the exact opposite experience on keto, I didn't shit for a week and when I did it wasn't bad at all. Then again I actually ate vegetables with most meals.

...whats the difference between keto and the atkins diet? nothing, right?

i thought atkins was confirmed bullshit

Atkins is very similar to keto, you can easily get into a state of ketosis with atkins.

The primary aspect of both is no/low carb.

Atkins was never confirmed bullshit. No diet is confirmed bullshit.

sardines in a vegan diet
wot