Test of Strength

If you have to pick 3 lifts to evaluate someones overall strength and athleticism, which ones would you pick? Mine would be:

Press: Test of upper body power, standing lift so also tests core strength and bracing.

Power clean: Test of explosiveness and athleticism, also pulling strength

Front Squat: Harder than back squat, requires more flexibility and core strength, tests leg strength without allowing lifters to cheat by doing a good morning like in back squat

>inb4 squat bench deadlift meme

clean and press: Test of explosiveness and athleticism, also pulling strength, requires flexibility and core strength, tests leg strength without allowing lifters to cheat by doing a good morning like in back squat also a Test of upper body power, standing lift so also tests core strength and bracing.

Press only tells you lats and shoulders
Power clean only tells you that, plus whether they know how to clean
Front squat tells you how often they front squat, nothing more

Squat, Bench and Row will give you an almost complete marker

>Press only tells you lats
wtf
>Front squat tells you how often they front squat, nothing more
could be said about any other exercise
>Squat, Bench and Row will give you an almost complete marker
because?

it's okay, is just a butthurt powerlifter

>What are good tests of strength
>lol ur standard markers for strength answer is retarded

OP is a butthurt OWL apparently

Does it have to be a lift? If we want to test athleticism I think a sprint would be a good test to have

no but seriously
your reasoning is shit, and you don't even have any arguments to back up your claims

Strength and Athleticism are two different things

Back squat, Row, and Bench press. Just look at someone's form when they squat. Front squat is not as good an indicator because it is limited by quads, and clean is too technique oriented. Also, explosiveness does not equal athletecism, and cleans arent even that good at building explosiveness.

Front squat is limited by upper back you fucking tard

>limited by quads
>not a test of strength

what's wrong with testing how strong quads are?

Tricep dumbbell kickback
Medicine ball goblet squat on a Swiss ball
Single leg dumbbell RDL on a bosu ball

Barbell lifts or just any lift?

Atlas stone to shoulder
Weighted carry (yoke, farmers, frame, whatever)
Squat

rich pls go

Then disregard it instead of getting butthurt

I'm not butthurt though
I pointed out where you went wrong and asked for elaboration

I didn't go wrong, they're pretty much universally accepted markers for strength.
But otherwise fair enough, carry on.

yes you went wrong eg.
>Press only tells you lats

also, they test strength because they're universally accepted markers according to who? you question other exercises but not the three you posted?

squat
bench
deadlift

>Squat
>Bench Press
>Deadlift

Shouldn't it be these three? I mean every strength training program is centered around them, so they would also make sense for a true test of strength, right?

I only need one. The deadlift

Also, why are people saying Olympic lifts? Olympic lifts are good for power. And they're really only useful if the person trained the technique

>deadlift
for overall strength, it simply tests how much power you can output

>farmer's carries
this "lift" very much depends on the athlete's grip as well as, traps core and legs as well as pretty much the entire body. One's grip strength very much depends on the power output your CNS is capable of, therefore making this one a great display of strength.

>box jumps
i think jumping is a very good display of athleticism since you have to be very athletic as well as explosive to you high

>I'm right everybody else is wrong

>I'm not butthurt guys

>I'm right but I don't have anything to back up my arguments (which I don't even have)

Clean and press
Deadlift
Max rep chin ups

>bent over row
The pulling motion that uses the most muscles.

>Overhead press
Absolute best measure of pushing strength

>Trap bar deadlift
Best measure of floor pull, sprint speed, and vertical jump ability

You said that already. He's closer than OPs post either way

You're 100% butthurt

>The pulling motion that uses the most muscles.
wouldnt that be the deadlift?

you don't make any sense

I mean an actual pull that incorporates the arms. We rarely differentiate the types of pulls out there, but to be more specific this is what I had in mind.

The deadlift is in fact a floor pull that incorporate a lot of the back and uses the legs as well (that is more muscle mass, for sure), but I mean an arm pull (chin up or row variant).

The deadlift can overload the back and legs in ways that a bent over row can't, but it's a different type of strength.

If I had a Wrestler as an athlete I'd prefer him to have an Elite level bent over row in place of an elite level deadlift. He's actually able to pull objects toward him, objects that are much heavier than himself- at an angle that is super common (naturally occurring, pragmatic, etc) in athletic endeavors.

Shut the fuck brainlet. If that were true, then back squat and front squat would be the same. But quads are weaker than glutes and back so thats why back squat is greater.

Curls: requires insane arm strength and strong back

Dumbbell flies: tests flexibility and strength

Goblin squats: Explosiveness, strength, balance all in one. Less prone to injury like a normal squat

>Goblin squats
LMAO

Lol this thread.

Fuccbois trying so hard to claim front squats are better than back squats.

Literally nobody who looks good or lifts a lot would claim front squats as better.

Push press

Back squat

Clean