Veeky Forums A buddy of mine is being brainwashed by this guy who claims to be a "nutritionist" and is feeding him all...

Veeky Forums A buddy of mine is being brainwashed by this guy who claims to be a "nutritionist" and is feeding him all kinds of bullshit, telling him to stop eating meat and essentially become a vegan. How do I save him? I don't want him to end up with anemia and b12 deficiences because of bad advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2803089/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8842068
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell him to take a gander at the average vegan.

I tried to explain to him about canine teeth and how our digestive enzymes evolved due to meat consumption and he won't listen to me. Is he a lost cause at this point?

Yeah. Just let him join the emaciated hordes you see on the streets these days.

Just show him vegan gainz on YouTube. 10 years of lifting and he just hit a 240 lb bench PR

>I don't want him to end up with anemia and b12 deficiences because of bad advice.
user, I'm a vegetarian, but I'll be the first to say that there are plenty of retards out there.

Teach him about macros, micros, etc. proper nutrition and exercise, and he'll be able to make the choice for himself.

>canine teeth

Why are his teeth so flat and uniform. Mine don't look like that. Probably has veneers

Dr. San?

>eats vegetables full of iron and other vitamins and minerals
vs
>milk and chicken breast for 90% of calories
>The second one will probably be healthier because they dont take a b12 vitamin.

Really makes me Hmmmmmmmmmm

My canines are flat too.

Not to be supporting vegan diets but atherosclerosis is created from low density lipidproteins which are from what I know is mainly from animal sources.

If you are a vegan diet you are more likely to have a healthy heart but then there are loads of people who eat meat and don't have heart issues.

>tigers are canines

Vegans, everyone.

I don't understand how this is an argument. My teeth can cut and chew through meat just fine, and they look like slightly like the set on the right.

tell your friend to take b12 supplements. that's all

The worst part is I dont even know if this is a shitpost

Haha those obviously fake American shitty (((teeth)))

let him eat what he wants, it's better than eating the average American diet. tell him to take a b12 pill. meat isnt essential to live and have a healthy diet.

Or show him patrik baboumian

Rofl are you still fucking assblasted at the B vitamin comment from earlier? That was an hour ago.

This is like the fifth post about veganism I've seen in the past 2 hours.

If you're vegan then please eat a bullet. No animal cruelty went into making it, and I think you'll find the quality of your life will increase dramatically after doing so.

this might shock you but there are thousands of people browsing this website

very edgy. you know some people dont care about the ethics behind veganism and eat vegan because it. surprisingly, makes them feel better healthwise.

This might shock you, but a diet that needs vitamin supplements isn't natural.

Meat intake and mortality: a prospective study of over half a million people

>There were 47,976 male deaths and 23,276 female deaths during 10 years of follow-up. Men and women in the highest versus lowest quintile of red (HR 1.31, 95% CI 1.27-1.35; HR 1.36, 95% CI 1.30-1.43, respectively) and processed meat intake (HR 1.16, 95% CI 1.12-1.20; HR 1.25, 95% 1.20-1.31, respectively) had elevated risks for overall mortality. Regarding cause-specific mortality, men and women had elevated risks for cancer mortality for red (HR 1.22, 95% CI 1.16-1.29; HR 1.20, 95% CI 1.12-1.30, respectively) and processed meats (HR 1.12, 95% CI 1.06-1.19; HR 1.11, 95% CI 1.04-1.19, respectively). Furthermore, CVD risk was elevated for men and women in the highest quintile of red (HR 1.27, 95% CI 1.20-1.35; HR 1.50, 95% CI 1.37-1.65, respectively) and processed meat

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2803089/

>surprisingly, makes them feel better healthwise.

Then why are they always the most miserable people to be around?

Now where's the study that proves vegans are healthier?

the only vegans i know are 50 year old retirees who eat this way because they came close to heart disease eating a "normal" diet.
theyre not that bad to be around.

Wow, it's almost as if fresh meat is healthier than processed meat.

>Not eating meat makes them feel better health-wise

Great, have fun with your shitty no gains diet. I'll be over here eating meat and getting stronger.

>b-but Scooby/ other person idk about is vegan and HE'S strong!

Scooby is also roided as fuck, and so is probably anyone else you mention. Nice try though.

Why do you hang out with 50 year olds?

Isn't it common sense that consuming animal products lead to higher risk of heart disease?

Vegan diet removes bad fats from the diet, lowers risk of heart disease.

However a healthy balanced diet might not have the same problems as an average US/UK diet.

Every diet needs supplements though unless youre extremely health conscious. For example many meat eaters and vegans alike hardly get any vitamin e. What you are saying is kinda stupid. Many people take supplements regardless of their diet because they are beneficial

>not eating a 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds a day
>not downing a class of almond milk a day

I eat almonds every day. My point is its kinda silly to dismiss vitamins. They arent any different from protein powder, its just concentrated rather than in food you eat

>every diet needs supplements

So why not just make the entire diet supplements then? If vegans need more supplements than us with a normal healthy diet, then why not just eliminate the food altogether and just take a million pills every day?

there's really no need to put science into it. Let him eat this shit for a couple of months while working out.
then break him one time, seduce him to eat a burger just once. Not only will that be the most delicious thing he will ever eat, but he will feel so healthy and strong after getting a week's worth of protein in one sitting he will never want to go back to being vegan.
be patient my friend.

>Isn't it common sense

"Common sense" and "scientific study" don't go together.

I love when vegans claim their diet is natural and healthy and then shift gears the second someone calls them out on it. You can't have it both ways.

There are fat soluble vitamins so you need fat and you also need protein for your muscles. if you want to live off protein powder, walnuts, and vitamins youll be healthier than people on a normal diet as you put it

I dont think veganism is natural. We ate meat all this time for a reason. Being vegan is better for me, like doing steroids isnt natural either but its better. Its about optimizing

>Meat intake was estimated from a food frequency questionnaire

How the fuck do you 'come close' to heart disease? He sprained his heart? What the fuck

Here's a study that contradicts your study's conclusion. Studies like yours of course will find a correlation between meat and eating and disease, because vegetarians in general are more diet and health conscious, while your average American meat eater eats processed crap and is fat as shit.

If you're an active person who eats actual meat, not processed garbage, the risk is negligible.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8842068

VG hadn't benched for 8 years prior to recently you fucking rube

by leading a lifestyle that puts you at increased risk of developing heart disease

Probably until about 1900 most people throughout the world ate an estimated 1500 calories comprising primarily of grains. Meat was a comodity for the rich.

Now let me tell you what's not natural: putting living things in tiny spaces, pumping them with hormones, then taking them and cutting their heads off, hanging them up and processing their bodies based on "good parts," stuffing those in packages, and putting a sales tag on them.

If you want to act like you know shit and justify your actions, hunt for your meat. If not, then think twice before posting your shitty opinions on a Himilayan surfing board.

I was vegan for several months last year until I ended up in the ER. The medication I was on, plus not having milk, meat, eggs, etc. was giving me extreme vitamin deficiency and made life hell with lots of headaches, moodswings, fainting, all of which I excused because those were the side effects of said medication.

Don't do what I did and think it can't seriously fuck you up if you're not careful. It's been almost seven months since I stopped (both veganism and medication) and my body still hasn't fully recovered.

Stay safe, user.

>There are loads of people who smoke and don't have lung cancer
>There are loads of people who drink but don't have liver problems
The "There are loads of people who ____ and don't ____" argument has been around since the dawn of time, dude, that doesn't mean it means anything

Here's the tldr:

I don't know anything about nutrition and ended up in the hospital because I don't know how to eat a good diet.

Your story is probably fake, anyway.

>canine teeth
lol you're so damn stupid

>I'm a retard so the diet is bad