This is it Veeky Forums. This is what 2 years of strict and structured nutrition and training get you as a natural...

This is it Veeky Forums. This is what 2 years of strict and structured nutrition and training get you as a natural. When are you going to realize everyone getting anywhere is just juicing and claiming natty and just start pinning? Nobody gives a shit about your gyno or hairline other than other homosexual, balding, men with gyno anyway. Just take the plunge(r to your ass).

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/2016/07/19/the-herschel-walker-workout/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if this isn't bait

post your routine and diet, exactly as you've been doing for the past two years, and we can critique and show you where you went wrong.

if this is bait, you won't be able to do it.

OP where are your abs? Come on. Don't lie to me. Those are made in the kitchen I know but the can be seeing after two fucking years.

2 years is nothing when it comes to lifting, come back in 5 more years.

I looked better than this guy before I even did any exercise whatsoever

Did you take weight gainers?

I used weight gainers to get out of skelly and am paying the price for it now. I don't look awful but putting on that weight slower would have been better

You look okayish for 2 years. Remember it takes a long time till you actually look like people who are fucking aesthetic.
Most of them lift longer than 7 years.

Have you ever trained your abs or obliques? Shoulders on point for 2 years though

Training:

Everything from SS, to smolov, to texas method, to bodybuilding style training. Training frequency was 2-3x per week for each muscle group. Also did a concurrent periodization style training where I had a heavy day, volume day, and light/speed day. Louis Simmons and Dave Tate believe speed work is an integral part of developing strength.

Cardio was kept at a minimum but cardio has been scientifically proven to inhibit muscle growth, even in a caloric surplus. I have done periods where I frequently did HIIT and standard cardio during cutting phases.

Diet:

You don't actually expect my diet to be consistent for 2 straight years in a row do you? Not even the most shredded motherfuckers on planet earth can maintain that kind of consistency for longer than a month or two. Diets change frequently to accommodate boredom, but I always made sure to get a substantial amount of protein (0.8-1.0g/lb bodyweight) and fat(0.3-0.5g/lb bodyweight). Calories obviously haven't been the same for two straight years. I've eaten as much as 4000 a day and sat at 265lbs to eating 2600 per day and hovering at 230-240. Currently eating under 2000 calories and have dropped bodyweight considerably in the past month(30lbs). Irrelevant though. Muscle loss has been unaffected by speed of cutting. I lost a mind boggling amount of relative strength slow cutting from 265lbs to 245lbs over the course of 3 months, to an even higher percentage of relative strength(20%+) cutting from 245lbs to 230lbs. Currently sitting at 200-210lbs. Haven't weighed myself in over a week though.

Never trained abs really. It's irrelevant though because my ab strength is pretty on par with my friends who do train abs and I have plenty of friends with perfect abs who never train abs. It's a matter of genetics.

Never.

Vast majority of gains are gained within the first to second years of lifting (20-35lbs out of a max potential of 30-50lbs)

>Vast majority of gains are gained within the first to second years of lifting (20-35lbs out of a max potential of 30-50lbs)
In the most optimal case, most people need longer.
And yeah you get the most of it the first year, that doesnt mean you look somewhat aesthetic after the first year of lifting.
Every 3-5 pounds you put on after that each year will really make you stand out the general lifting "norm".
Just keep on pushing and report back in when you lifted at least 4 years.
Like I said, most of the aesthetic dudes you see lift longer than 7 years.

>Never trained abs really. It's irrelevant though because my ab strength
>It's a matter of genetics.
No one cares about your ab strength. I suggest you actually train them and stop blaming your daddy for your shitty stomach.

> Never trained abs really. It's irrelevant though because my ab strength is pretty on par with my friends who do train abs and I have plenty of friends with perfect abs who never train abs. It's a matter of genetics.
It's actually a matter of bodyfat, you seem to have pretty high bodyfat.
I mean you even have a little belly.
Cut more, train more. That's it.

Your shoulders and lats look not bad at all. I guess you have been doing many pull ups or pull downs.

However:

> there is some postural problem on the side view pic. Your ass looks weak and flat. You need to do more squats.

> You seriously lack thickness, in both chest and back. Eat more and do more rows.

roid you stupid fuck!

Do you know nothing about muscle dynamics or what? Plenty of research shows there is a substantial correlation between muscular cross sections and muscular force output. Strength directly correlates to size. Abs don't show because of midsection fat. Get a clue.
How fat I look hasn't changed much after dropping over 60lbs. I'm thinking it may be the result of low T.
I don't do many pullups or pulldowns. I train my back with the same frequency and intensity as my anterior upper body, but my back is significantly weaker. I have always had a wide back though.

Back is pretty decent.

>How fat I look hasn't changed much after dropping over 60lbs. I'm thinking it may be the result of low T.
People underestimate how much fat they can actually lose most of the time. Fact is you still have ab-fat, that's fat you can lose.

Poor anthropometry for squatting also means my squat will always be fucking shit and my lower body will always look like shit too. I don't undertrain anything, I can assure I know how to properly train and do my fair share of sports and muscle building research. The problem is not what I'm doing.

The problem is you expect too much in only 2 years of lifting and you seem you are not patient enough tbqh.

Everybody I know has gained substantially more than me in less time. I don't even look like I lift. If two years of time investment isn't enough to produce some results it's just a fucking waste of time.

Bottom line is my physique is severely under average for 2 years of properly structured training and eating. I trained my biceps extensively for 3 months while maintaining weight and couldn't manage to gain even a quarter inch in that time frame. It's not my training, it's not my diet, so what is it?

>Cardio was kept at a minimum but cardio has been scientifically proven to inhibit muscle growth, even in a caloric surplus. I have done periods where I frequently did HIIT and standard cardio during cutting phases

You should be getting your heart rate up every day. Your excuse is complete shit. You seriously expect me to take that excuse seriously? You are not going to lose all your gains just because you run every day. It's just not a valid excuse. You aren't a competitive lifter, and here you are complaining about your aesthetics, but you won't do cardio.

Your paragraph about your diet is even more of a joke. 1.0 g protein per lb of bodyweight? seriously? overkill dude, I bet you spend like $100 a month on supplements you don't even need!

Then we get to the part where you say you don't train abs. Yeah I can tell buddy.

Look man, you seem like someone who fell for every single meme on Veeky Forums and got mad when it turned out to be just that....memes!

Idk how tall you are, but that would help me decipher your weight/frame but you look like you might be 6'1'' @ 200 lbs

your arms are huge compared to your chest and your waist is out past your obliques. You're slouching forward which tells me you never train back, and you didn't post your legs but I bet they're way too big bc you mentioned SS as part of your routine.

You cannot expect to look good @ 200lbs unless you have the frame and muscle to warrant that amount of weight. Just looking at your pic, even if you sucked all the fat off your body, you would still look like shit.

You desperately need to do cardio, ab routines, back and chest. You desperately need to fix your diet. Basically all the shit you obviously HAVEN"T done at all these past two years. Most importantly, you desperately need to stop falling for the memes you read on Veeky Forums.

Go watch Scooby vids and figure it out man.

You are a PRIME fucking example of someone who takes every single study on genetics and Veeky Forums memes to heart. A really stupid smart guy.

Do you know nothing besides buzzwords and meme phrases? If you think your hourglass figure is due to midsection fat instead of your lack of obliques you are no where near as educated as you make yourself out to be. And where the fuck are your upper traps?

> Everybody I know has gained substantially more than me in less time.
So you are either not training right, your nutrition is not on point, or you actually have a medical condition which you can get checked.
So what are you complaining about?

>I don't even look like I lift.
That's muscle dysmorphia right there. Of course you look like you lift, you look like you've lifted for 2 years.

>If two years of time investment isn't enough to produce some results it's just a fucking waste of time.
Well it's not a thing you do and then you stop and keep all the health benefits, etc.
You either lift or you don't.
If you see no benefits for yourself in lifting, go quit - no one is going to judge besides yourself.

>Bottom line is my physique is severely under average for 2 years of properly structured training and eating
Nope it isn't. Since you've obviously only lifted for 2 years, you are actually still a newbie. Come back when you lifted for another 2 years - or don't come back when you quit.

You're bigger than 80% of the non obese male population. If you cut another 5% bodyfat normies will think your huge. Some people have shitty genetics man. And the people who post their sick gainz online are a biased sample with good genetics and/or steroids. Think about it, wouldn't those with good bodies be more inclined to post their bodies online? You don't see the other 90% of people struggling to get a six pack after 5 years of lifting. That combined with body dysmorphia. Wew. You're fine man. Come back in 2 more years and if you haven't seen pretty good results by then, somethings wrong.

>strict

how many push ups can you do?
how many pull ups can you do?
how many sit ups can you do?
how many laps can you run?

please don't start pinning dude

That's what I () was saying.
But OP doesn't wanna listen to actual lifters who indeed have more than 5 years experience. Well... people these days have no will to actually be patient and do something with conviction.

Since when is hypertrophy about "how many".
It is all about progression of volume.
Just upping the reps of these things every week is not going to do shit after a few years of lifting.

t. not OP

This desu. Anyone who answers under 50+/20+/afuckington/40+ is not Veeky Forums. This is how you get a six-pack beach body.

desu u look like shit after lifting 2 years.

not eating enough was fail nr 1 obviously

this prolly missed out his noobgainz
RIP OP ;_;
you should have heard bruh

well that wasn't what I even asked but I agree with your statement.
I was trying to gauge what his benchmark is because he looks like all show and no go

I'd be surprised if he could do much of any of that, which is the point I'd like to make. If you weigh in at 200lbs and can't do 25 push ups or 25 sit ups, then you don't have much strength at all.

>Not even the most shredded motherfuckers on planet earth can maintain that kind of consistency for longer than a month or two.
>It's a matter of genetics.
>Abs don't show because of midsection fat. Get a clue.
Why do you still have midsection fat after "2 years of strict and structured nutrition and training"?
>Poor anthropometry for squatting also means my squat will always be fucking shit and my lower body will always look like shit too.
>If two years of time investment isn't enough to produce some results it's just a fucking waste of time.

Can someone just screencap this so everyone knows what someone who's never gonna make it looks like?

>I was trying to gauge what his benchmark is because he looks like all show and no go
>I'd be surprised if he could do much of any of that, which is the point I'd like to make.
Ah alright, I got you mate.

Picture unrelated - but kind of my optimal body.

>You should be getting your heart rate up every day. Your excuse is complete shit. You seriously expect me to take that excuse seriously? You are not going to lose all your gains just because you run every day. It's just not a valid excuse. You aren't a competitive lifter, and here you are complaining about your aesthetics, but you won't do cardio.
I find it odd that you completely disregard the fact that I have next to no muscle mass. I'm more than aware of what it takes to lose weight, I'm currently doing it. My point is why do I have no muscle mass after two years of training harder and being more dedicated than any body else in the gym?

>Your paragraph about your diet is even more of a joke. 1.0 g protein per lb of bodyweight? seriously? overkill dude, I bet you spend like $100 a month on supplements you don't even need!

Not sure what the purpose of this useless comment is. You're disagreeing with 80% of the fitness industry. I stated a range, not a static amount(very well aware of all the studies on optimal protein intake, but if you were actually informed you'd know this increases while cutting). And then to top that shitpile of a comment off you make a baseless assumption. Are you actually braindead?

I'm gonna assume the other replies are you samefagging because you bring up "meme" like a fucking redditor and clearly have next to no sports science or muscular development knowledge outside of your personal experience and broscience you live by so I'll just disregard the rest, you already made a fool of yourself enough and your butthurt is tremendous.

people unwilling to put in the cardio work always complain about their shitty looks. "muh genetics" bullshit "muh scientific studies prove" bullshit.

just do cardio and body-weight out in the sun for a while if you want to find out what looking good is like.

crazy how these dudes all do a lot of cardio/swimming. but the typical Veeky Forums poster would cry "steroids"

>I have next to no muscle mass
>My point is why do I have no muscle mass after two years of training harder and being more dedicated than any body else in the gym?
Mate you need to lose your muscle dysmorphia.
You obviously have decent sized muscle for only 2 years lifting. Just look at your lats, they are even somewhat decent.
Normies will think you are looking great and well trained. That's what you can expect after a short period of time (2 years).
And this is coming from an gym-lunk who actually looks a lot bigger - but that took 3 times as long as your two years.

I havent had a good foundation till my third/fourth year of lifting.

>implying 2 years is a long time in the scope of lifting

Newbies like OP may think that, well we all have been dumb when we started lifting.

>why do I have no muscle mass after two years of training harder and being more dedicated than any body else in the gym?

wow nice ego dude. at this point the truth seems to be whatever the opposite of what you post is.

>You're disagreeing with 80% of the fitness industry.

yeah, the same industry that makes money off of dipshits like you. You don't even need supplements for the first two years

and no, it's not me samefagging, you are just a really sad case of falling for every meme in the book.

50+
Maybe ten on a good day
Never pushed myself to the point where I felt like I couldn't do anymore. 30 is pretty easy.
Of what size track? 100m? 200m? 400m? Laps around the entire gym? I already said I don't do cardio. Just because I don't meet your crossfit standard means nothing.
t. didn't read the thread
My all time PRs at 245lbs were a 350lbs squat, 450lbs deadlift, 340lbs bench, and 225lbs OHP. You get good at pushups, pullups, and situps by doing them. I don't do them. My ability to do them is completely residual performance from weight training.

How the fuck is your back so huge but you have literally no traps???

The fuck have you been doing man?

>My all time PRs at 245lbs were a 350lbs squat, 450lbs deadlift, 340lbs bench, and 225lbs OHP.
Pretty good strength gains in only 2 years.
Took me at least 3 years for a even lmao3plaet bench press.
High test af.

>340lbs bench

that's not what your chest says, user.

are you really tall or something?

that's because he's lying

>Doing a fuck ton of push-ups won't make you any bigger because rippetoe told me I need a barbell for that
I guess Herschel walker and Mike Tyson are actually small.

artofmanliness.com/2016/07/19/the-herschel-walker-workout/

Could be e-statting yeah.

Keep it up, friend. I'm proud of you.

>didnt have a consistent diet

GG, you failed and wasted your own time.

>comparing roiders to natural lifters
Okay.

>Just because I don't meet your crossfit standard means nothing.
>anything cardio related is crossfit

kys. You've got plenty of muscle mass and the only thing stopping you from looking great at this point is cardio and a solid ab/oblique routine. stop blaming it on genetics and start working your ass off.

Let him be. Some people have given up since they started.
I mean he isnt't even responding to most of the well-meant responses ITT.

>I have shit genetics and zero willpower so everyone who looks better than me is roiding

What is the point you're making here? This is irrelevant to the vast majority of what I said. It's very clear you're trying to deflect actually engaging my arguments because you have no logical counter for them. There is nothing detrimental about consuming 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight in terms of muscle gain even if it's slightly excessive. Why do you refuse to actually bring up something substantial and choose to cherrypick and strawman?
Traps have high androgen receptors. Could be low t. I have the vast majority of the symptoms. I don't neglect my traps by any means. I also do moving as a job.
6'4
No way to prove it, is there?
t. can't read
Bet I train more intensely and push myself harder than anybody posting in this chat. Get back to me when your average workout has you passing out with an average heartrate of 200+.
If you want to post a non-constructive post cherrypicking and misrepresenting what I say don't be surprised if you get called a fucking idiot. Open your eyes and read. Vast majority of people commenting are being nasty bitter cunts.

you have to understand that most people who start lifting wont gain the full 20-25 pounds in their first year because they get too fat and need to cut somewhere like 4-8 months in, also if theyre trying to figure out how to gain a certain amount of weight (.5lbs a week) weeks and turn into months of making no progress simply trying to keep your weight under control.

I for example only gained about 15lbs my first year(spent 8 months bulking as a holocaust survivor up until about 15% bodyfat)

so i still have maybe another 5-10 pounds of muscle that i can gain from that first year until it slows down to about 1lb of muscle a month and 10-15lbs of muscle for my second year, which i will probably end up having to cut prematurely again.

so in theory if you do everything perfectly it could take you 4 years min to reach close to your genetic potential but most guys will take from 6 - 8 years.

Whats your 5 rep max for squat, bench, deadlift, and overhead press?

> If you want to post a non-constructive post cherrypicking and misrepresenting what I say don't be surprised if you get called a fucking idiot. Open your eyes and read. Vast majority of people commenting are being nasty bitter cunts.
I have given you well-meant responses () and you dont even answer.
You are cherry-picking all the bad trolls ITT, although it's common sense to not respond to them. It is Veeky Forums nonetheless.

>Traps have high androgen receptors. Could be low t. I have the vast majority of the symptoms. I don't neglect my traps by any means. I also do moving as a job.
You don't have low test with these kind of strength gains in such a period of time.

i dont have to read your post to see you have a bodyfat of 18% how can you lift for that long and not understand that you need to cut and sacrifice those strength gains lol.

No, read the thread. He trained purely for strength for 2 years because >Strength directly correlates to size.
He (used to) >My ALL TIME prs
lift heavy weight because he was fat as fuck >I lost a mind boggling amount of relative strength slow cutting from 265lbs (TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE POUNDS) to 245lbs.

And now he bitches and moans about his lack of mass and size.

Best post.

Okay now that makes sense.
Case closed for OP I guess.

>Get back to me when your average workout has you passing out with an average heartrate of 200+.

rip in peace OP

but srsly dude you might need a shrink more than you need fitness advice.

>You don't have low test with these kind of strength gains in such a period of time.
I was much heavier when I achieved those numbers and looked considerably more muscular. The loss of pure relative strength makes absolutely no sense. I shouldn't go from being able to bench my bodyweight for 3x10 to barely being able to 5 rep it.

Nice samefag

are you lifting for numbers?
are you lifting for aesthetics?
for health? for women?

what are you lifting for?

you look utterly shit for a guy who benches like 150 kg. but you are six four so i dunno

>I was much heavier when I achieved those numbers and looked considerably more muscular
So you just bulk up again? If you are not happy with the size you got after only 2 years of lifting you need to build more muscle. 2 years is nothing.
Also low test people dont OHP 225lbs in 2 years. Not gonna happen.
I have relatively high testosterone (checked it), I am training since 5 years and I barely go that heavy, even though I train pretty heavy.

>I shouldn't go from being able to bench my bodyweight for 3x10 to barely being able to 5 rep it.
Then you took a wrong diet approach, happens to the best of us tbqh.

>Nice samefag
Nope, but even if it's still right isn't it?
OP has no actual lifting approach, seems like he does whatever with no plan whatsoever.

Yet he got some good gains nonetheless.

Looking solid OP, do you have before pictures?

one word for you buddy: CRE-A-TINE

>Average workout has you passing out with a heart rate of 200+
That's what you get for not doing your cardio lad.

General strength, performance, health, size, looks, etc... There is no specific motivation.
Barely bench 100kg in OP pic now.
What else can you fuck up other than not getting enough protein for muscle protein synthesis and fats for hormone maintenance? I kept my ratios the same but reduced calories(carbs). I don't see how you could cut in a more optimal fashion other than literally taking anavar.
What do you mean? I followed strict training cycles and kept my protein and fat intake at optimal or near optimal levels. I didn't just fuck around like 90% of assholes in the gym. I don't think you realize but I literally coach people in the gym and teach them how to train and they end up making way better progress than they were before because I have gotten my training philosophy and methodology down so fucking pat. I have read so many articles and watched so many different videos from leading strength coaches and athletes because I was desperate for optimal results.
Yes. This is me at 14.
Already take it.
Happened even when I was doing cardio regularly.

Fucking post thing didn't link image.

> What else can you fuck up other than not getting enough protein for muscle protein synthesis and fats for hormone maintenance? I kept my ratios the same but reduced calories(carbs). I don't see how you could cut in a more optimal fashion other than literally taking anavar.
You cut too hard, if you hadn't you wouldn't lose that much strength.

> What do you mean? I followed strict training cycles and kept my protein and fat intake at optimal or near optimal levels. I didn't just fuck around like 90% of assholes in the gym. I don't think you realize but I literally coach people in the gym and teach them how to train and they end up making way better progress than they were before because I have gotten my training philosophy and methodology down so fucking pat. I have read so many articles and watched so many different videos from leading strength coaches and athletes because I was desperate for optimal results.
So? You are on a good way then. Keep it up. 2 years is nothing in the general scheme of lifting. Most people I see look worse then you after 2 years (and you've been fat?). So you had it twice as hard.

Taking 3 months to lose 20lbs is too fast? Recently I just gave up and said fuck it because cutting slowly was destroying my strength either way and lost 30lbs in less than a month.

Thread tldr version; fucktards has no clue what hes doing, falls for the SS meme, does strength training instead of full body hypertrophy and never maintained a proper diet

So you were skinny

Why didnt you take a weight gainer?

If you lose strength it was obviously too fast. It depends on the person though. If I was getting too weak I'd up my calories again and lose weight more slowly - then you don't get weak as fuck.
But since you'd wanted a kind of radical cut of course you will lose strength. But strength is not the thing you care about, or is it?
If you want to be strong again just slowly bulk up again.

t. can't read
t. can't read
So taking 3 months to lose 20lbs is too fast?

If you'd cut down a lot you would be a little bit more muscular than ottermode

This is a troll post 100%

Nice try m9

>So taking 3 months to lose 20lbs is too fast?
If I'd lose THAT much of strength in a cut it is definetly too fast.
I personally have a different approach, I only have a slight cut for a long period of time so I don't lose any strength at all. (so basically no muscle-loss whatsoever)
Of course if you just want to go down with the weight faster you will lose strength, muscle and fat.

Basically the epitome of whats aesthetic in a women view.
OP just cut down a little more and you will be aesthetic as fuark.

Omg 30lbs in a month for someone who isn't morbidly obese is insane. No wonder why you look dyel.

No.

>and lost 30lbs in less than a month.
Like I said OP, you need to be more patient with fitness.
2 years is a short peroid of time, and losing 30lbs in a month does you no good.
You have enough time to be patient, you need to learn that.
It's not only about nutrition, gym-plan and stuff, it is also about patience.

>I didn't just fuck around like 90% of assholes in the gym. I don't think you realize but I literally coach people in the gym and teach them how to train and they end up making way better progress than they were before because I have gotten my training philosophy and methodology down so fucking pat. I have read so many articles and watched so many different videos from leading strength coaches and athletes because I was desperate for optimal results.

where do you buy your bait from OP? this is a cut above the regular shit I see here.

>guys no really, I am so very very smart about fitness I even TRAIN other ppl and they make gainz faster than me. It can't be me, it just HAS to be genetics. It can't possibly be any mistake I am making.

How you can't read, idiot?

Why dont you take weight gainers

didnt OP said he doesnt want to bulk up?

I mean to OPs defense, he looks like he lifted exactly for 2 years.
People are just not patient enough, and OP is no exception.

Yeah obviously but his bullshit excuses and inflated ego is hilarious. How does he expect anyone to believe his story or feel sympathetic enough to care about his situation if he's just going to be an insufferable cunt when ppl offer him legit advice.

So what does he want then?
Get ripped?

It doesn't matter what is your goal, you always need to help your body to get that goal

Fat burners, weight gainer, creatine, whey protein, etc

You need suplements to do it

>You need suplements to do it

that is absolutely false sir. supplements are sometimes a decent shortcut but often times a placebo.

True. Well nobody is going to judge him besides himself.
If he wants to quit because of his body dysmorphia and not being patient enough its his decision after all. I know how my body developed over the years, and let me tell you this OP I have been looking way worse after only 2 years.
If I had quit back then I would never be where I am now.

I am training to do triathlons professionally and I almost look bigger and am definitely leaner than you, and I do 11 hours of cardio a week and only 4 hours of weights a week, at max. You're just not training good enough or not dieting good enough dude.

delet this we can't let Veeky Forums know about cardio gains

ahahaaha

enjoy your genetics of piss OP