Do you drink your proton shake even on your rest days? Will my body still use it to create muscle?

Do you drink your proton shake even on your rest days? Will my body still use it to create muscle?

Are you /BOB/ing?

Shakes don't matter. All that matters is you get 0.8 g protein per lb of bodyweight. Everyday. Even on rest days. If you need shakes to get to 0.8 g, then do it.

you should be eating fresh fruit on rest days desu senpai

Per kilogram, not per pound.

>The Institute of Medicine'sprotein RDAs are calculated using 0.8 grams ofprotein per kilogramofbody weight. This means an adult who weighs 68 kilograms needs at least 54 grams ofproteineach day. The RDA for pregnant and nursing women is 71 grams ofprotein perday.

>tfw no banana hanger

We might not make it

0.82 g per lb is for people that are training with a focus on building muscle or retaining muscle.

If you want to do the RDA, which is less, then you might be losing out on potential muscle growth/retention.

Yeah depending on how hard you worked out you are repairing your muscles up to 2 days after training it so its better to have avaiable aminos

I won't allow it. I'm going to make it and so are you, dumb idiot frog.
I'll slash my wrists for you.

Anyone want to take a guess at how DYEL the people at the institute of medicine look?

Whole food is better, the sole purpose of a protein shake is a easy alternative to get a high amount of protein in immediately after workout without having to cook, prepare, or eat a lot of food to get the equilivant nutrient GAINSZ

>Do you drink your proton shake
Enjoy your kidney stones, They are all pointy in all directions, sharp and you have to pee that shit out.

In all reality the money you are wasting on this would be better spent on food.

>wasted money
>$1 per protein shake
>$3 for a serving of the cheapest beef that's lean enough to be comparable

The truth is that I fucking hate chicken so it's really the cheapest protein on the market. If you eat enough greens and don't go full ketotard it's not like you'll have any nutritional problems compared to the standard American.

Thank you
I won't let you down

>If you eat enough greens and don't go full ketotard it's not like you'll have any nutritional problems compared to the standard American.
>it's not like you'll have any nutritional problems compared to the standard American.
>standard American.
Do I even need to explain what is wrong with your post?

The average american is hardly healthy by international standards, being in any kind of health similar to that of an american means you have serious health problems in other countries.

You can't read, awesome

In simple terms what I'm saying is that protein shakes aren't massively unhealthy like you think they are, and you won't have any health problems if you balance them with the rest of your diet

>In simple terms what I'm saying is that protein shakes aren't massively unhealthy like you think they are, and you won't have any health problems if you balance them with the rest of your diet
It sure makes me feel pretty fucking sick when i drink that shit.

I drink a glass of egg whites on my rest days without any added protein powder to it. Egg whites are a great source of protein.

>Also, pretentious yuppy faggots love egg whites as they can simulate the feeling of some man sauce flowing down their throats

Unless you have existing or hereditary cholesterol problems, dont be a pussy and eat the whole egg. More protein,more nutrients and vitamins and fats that are essential.

Unless you drink your protein shake within 30 minutes of your last set you're wasting it. It's called the anabolic window, look it up.

Basically the muscles are beginning to repair themselves as fast as possible and need proteins to accomplish this. There is no point in eating any protein on your rest days because your muscles aren't growing then (this is why you feel sore the day after a workout - your muscles are tired from rebuilding after your workout)

Any other questions feel free to ask.

>anabolic window
Been debunked ages ago.

Broscience: The Post

Usually no because I only have 3 protein shakers and work out 5 days per week so I don't want them all to be dirty on a workout day when I need my protein + BCAA shake. But I still try to eat the same amount of protein anyways.

5/10 bait

The rest days are when your body makes muscle. So yes, but you should be maintaining your 0.8g protein/lb of body weight anyways.

>Any other questions feel free to ask.
what time does your mom serve your tendies?