Current heart rate thread

>reminder that if your resting heart rate is above 60bpm you're athletically inferior and you should either do cardio or kys

Other urls found in this thread:

drjohnday.com/get-rid-atrial-fibrillation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been drinking, but I'm at about 57

Resting heart rate of 65 as of this week.When I enlisted 5 years ago I had a lot of trouble because it was over 100, I'd call that progress

49 reporting in

was ~54 last thread

This is literally world-class athlete level. Your stroke volume must be insanely high. How is that even possible? What do you do exercise-wise?

broken/10

>52 atm

No clue if that is good but guess I meet OPs criteria

heart rate at 47
>cursed with heart condition and take beta blockers which lower it even more

LAMO

I got anxious and excited seeing the thing on my phone work. I'll try to remember to do it later at home when I'm actually relaxed

I had a rest of 47 when I was big into running

what condition? I had SVT and the beta blockers fucked my memory up so I had to go off them.

84 bpm, but I'm also pretty drunk so I don't know how that affects things.

Fitbitfags report in

Currently at 69.

It never really dips below 55 unless I'm sleeping.

What app?

It does. Your body uses more energy to process that alcohol. Additionally, alcohol is hard on the heart and makes it work harder.

dangerous arrhythmia. went into vtach a couple times within 5 hours, having 40,000 PVC's a day. the atenolol (beta blocker) has decreased them to to 2,000 a day for now, but i'm coming off of it and doing more tests in a couple weeks which will slaughter any progress i've made.

Samsung health

>at new doctor
>nervous because unfamiliar place
>getting vitals taken
>doc asks me a whole bunch of heart history questions because my resting rate is 72

Around 74

60-75 is normal for basically any age, and your "resting" heart rate can vary at any time like 15 bpm depending on a billion different factors.

Sounds like a retarded doctor.

58bpm reporting in

Used to be 90+ when I was a fatfuck, when I was only doing cardio I was in the low 50's, and after weight training and cardio I'm 55-60

shit that sounds terrible. is there a fix for it?

Already better
Now I'm not so excited to see my pulse

OP here, I've been exercising my whole life. I swim, run, lift weights, eat well, and get plenty of sleep. I attribute my strong heart mainly to swimming and cycling though, both are god-tier exercises.
will add that during the day my resting rate is around 42 - OP pic was just after waking up
app is Samsung Health

>64bpm
Holy shit that's really good considering I'm a fat fuck. 225lbs at 5'10.
I just woke up 30min ago though. Probably more like 75+ on average.

Currently mine is 90 but i snorted two pills of addy earlier

Mines 80. Do taller guys have higher heart rates? I sense cardiac arrest in my future.

Taller people have more heart issues typically.

For the longest time my heart rate was in the 50's and 60's and I'm 6'3.
Right now my heart rate is about 78 and that's after an hour and a half of lifting heavily and eating.

Somepeople just have higher heart rates. That along with stress, being out of shape and stimulants can give you a very high heart rate.

Checking your heart rate in the mornings for a week then averaging the score is the best way to do it.

~60. No way to measure nearby, so I counted the beats in 6 seconds.

>Checking your heart rate in the mornings for a week then averaging the score is the best way to do it.

Copy. Will do that. I'm running on my 3rd coffee as we speak so that probably doesn't help.

>resting heart rate is around 80-90, can get down to 70
>moving at all while I'm resting brings it up to the 100s
>standing up brings it up to 137
>30 seconds later it drops to around 116 if im standing still and an controlling breathing
>Pic related
>sitting back down lowers it into the 90's
>don't remember what it feels like to have a normal heart rate
I hate having POTS. What's a good cardio program to lower my heart rate? I've gotten blood tests down on my heart values and they were normal, and I got an ultrasound done and it was normal. Doctor said I would outgrow it when I'm 20 but I don't wanna wait cause I wanna start juicing.

My resting is about 58. Found that if I drink alcohol it goes up for about a week. Drinking fucks everything up, going to have to knock it on the head to make it I'm sorry to say.

currently testing for a genetic condition to see if i can be considered for surgery. there is a chance that it could go on its own and i'll be fine but it's not bad really. just have to know my limits.

im the fucked-up-heart fag. POTS is ass, it comes with my genetic condition. the only thing that helps me is timing my breaths when going to stand up and just being more cognizant of when i do activities that could cause it to spike up.

I average 53 usually, I hit 49 a few weeks ago when I was running more. My hr dropped from 67 when I was a fat fuck and after I nixed added sugar. If I eat a lot of sugar for the week and have a poor diet for just a day it can mess with my resting hr for like a week

WHAT THE FUCK!? my fitbit says resting heart rate is like 55 but im always way above every time i look

it thinks im always working out. im just sitting on fit. am i gonna die?>

>doctor asks about heart health history
YEAH RETARDED LMAO

*I know it doesn't seem like 53 over the past 30 days, but it's averaged 53 over the past 4 months

H E A R T P R O B L E M S
E
A
R
T
P
R
O
B
L
E
M
S

Just checked, it said 86 bpm imma kms

But I still get tired going up the stairs, I don't get it.

am I gonna make it

51 here
>tfw I don't even do cardio

What does this mean?

it means you just scrape in breh
desu hard to know what it means without your height, weight and/or body comp

If I tried I could get it lower

So many low metabolism cucks ITT

faster metabolism == shorter lifespan

LIVE Veeky Forums DIE YOUNG

halp

Actually it's the opposite.

Time to start running again.

Also
>trips

72 but I'm watching a horror film

Dang I'm a fitbit fag too and mine is 62. I don't do any cardio but still...

At my peak of doing an hour bicycling daily for years it was down to resting at 51. It honestly made me feel kinda weird sitting there feeling my pulse and it being so slow

>58

i guess doing cardio 3x a week has been paying off

how good is 47? cause last time I went to the doctor she came in worried about it and asked if i played sports and i told her i play soccer

no child, some shrews can die within hours after their last meal because of their fast metabolism. Then you have elephants which can live for decades

pls help cardiofags

So I have a very fast heart rate because my thyroid is borderline overactive and I'm a recovering fatty. my resting rate is probably around 80-90 and I'm 100+ moving around.

What heart rate range should I be doing my cardio in so that I can lower it without killing myself? I have to use a bike or elliptical because I'm so large and unhealthy that my heart can't keep up with my body when I run.

>80
I hate cardio so goddamn much. It's so boring compared to lifting.

the way I do it I just have a set distance to cover and then I try to get my times a low as I can.

>overactive thyroid
>fat
I've never heard that one before

Did you get a thyroid panel? It sounds like you have high stress hormones, doesn't sound like hyperthyroidism.

>70
I do cardio but I also drink a lot of coffee and smoke weed. That probably doesn't help.

Fiddy fibe I guess

My resting heartrate is between 90 and 100 and I'm 21, is that bad?

78 here. never done cardio in my life and i eat about 2.5lb of ground beef a week. im kinda worried im gonna die when im 30 but i dont know what else to eat

How exactly do we measure resting heart rate?

If I'm lying down It's always around 35 but if I'm standing up it shoots up to 60 or a little more.

I mean 35 seems a little low. I'm not exactly a cardio master, I can run a mile in under 7 minutes but that's not a huge accomplishment.

69 over 420 which works out to 0.16428571423

Nah, I think heart rate is one of those things that's really easy to get into the top 90% of humans, but getting above that is super hard.

My resting heart rate ranges from 36 - 50 and I just lift and do cardio twice a week.

The world record is 28, and I'd imagine it's nigh impossible to get below 30.

>50-60 without coffee
>~65 with coffee
>am still overweight but been doing cardio at least once a week for 4 years, also i work physical job
>HRV is bretty good also

I want to do cardio but I can't use my legs for much right now and my arms keep hurting.
90+BPM resting
cortisol levels super high
Is it possible to lower to 40BPM if I train like an athlete supposing I could use my legs and arms? Is there anything I can do right now?

If you're not using a chest strap then results are misleading. Wrist based heart rate monitoring is shit-tier

>manlets dont have to pump blood as far

TSH is like .4 or something close to the lower range (low means fast metabolism), it's been consistently like this for years whenever it's tested. I don't think I've never gotten a more specific test done.

Step it up op

chest straps are accurate?

>mfw no resting heart rate of 26

But I don't get it. Why is it wrong if you literally count the pulse in your wrist over a minute?

Are you telling me that's not how you measure a heart rate accurately?

That app is pretty much spot on when compared to rates I've measured myself and I've never got it to go below 35, and I can only get that lying down. When I'm sitting it's actually around 43.

26 is insane. I imagine the difference between 26 and 36 must be astronomical.

gonna tey and see how low I can get it tonight - I've been as low as 36 before iirc
will report back

>tfw 84bpm
Before I started working out it was over 100. A-am I going to die?

Do more cardio and it will drop.

My heart rate tends to be all over the place.

My heart used to be constantly at 100 to 120 like all the time, but i've started exercising a lot

Now it will usually rest at about 70 or 80

So... how old will I be when I have my first heartattack, do you think?

Pic related was my exercise earlier today

what the fuck is POTS

if youre heart rate is that erratic you may already have afib

Bradycardia is bad too

Mirin if real, I thought I was great with my RHR of 45

So what, I'm going to die tomorrow?

What's the prognosis, doc?

>11000 feet

Fuck man, good job
Fellow rider here. Keep structured workouts, you'll notice a lot more improvement. I'm thinking, one interval hill climb during the week, etc.

I'm currently arond 65-70, after 3 large cups of coffee though. I lie around 55 resting, max HR is 206

my resting heartrate is 85. how long do i have left to live?

Keep going. Look out for abnormal rhythm, as that is a bigger risk factor. Also work on your blood pressure as that will fuck your health up silently. Leafy greens are your friend. Eat the with food to help your blood vessels from getting hardened and to help thicken your intestinal lining to better block very bad things from entering your bloodstream. Also, you can lose your eyesight if you don't get your vitamins and minerals and/or have high blood pressure. Also reduce stress and anxiety. Work on calmness and meditation. Don't sit for long periods of time (regular exercise does not do anything for sitting disease - get a treadmill desk, bike desk, under desk pedal machine - standing is not much better than sitting) and do not focus your eyes on one thing for long periods of time (20-20-20 rule with monitors and tvs). Going outside is great for your health, user. Even I drive for a long time to secluded areas to go outside. Also, wear PPE and get a fitting (keep a pair of earplugs on your keychain). Don't listen to old timers and cool kids. Do it for her, user.

Plain
Old
Telephone
System

POTS

------------

Public
Switched
Telephone
Network

PSTN

The more you know.

drjohnday.com/get-rid-atrial-fibrillation/
Get a checkup and tell your doc, show him that, then probably go see a cardiologist.

I shall.

im 225 with a resting heartrate of 48.
Get on my level.