ITT: Meals passed down through your family that are Veeky Forums or you made Veeky Forums

ITT: Meals passed down through your family that are Veeky Forums or you made Veeky Forums

I'll start with halupki (stuffed cabbage), basically ground beef, onion, egg, garlic, parsley, and rice wrapped with cabbage and cooked in a dutch oven with tomato sauce.

Which slav country?

who /spaghettiontoast/ here?

Pennsylvania

but grandparents came from the Ukraine

Caldo Verde a la Portuguese
My dad makes his with homemade beef stock from leftover sopas. I top mine with eggs.

Op that looks super tasty. seems like it would be good on keto too, maybe minus the tomato sauce..

Love these things

My family came from Mexico so there's really nothing Veeky Forums that we have.

I got some tamales today that were pretty Veeky Forums, a lot of meat and not a lot of corn flour or whatever

Lol it's masa a mixture of lard and corn.

practically any of them. started in the Ukraine or Poland or whatever but it has been widespread in Eastern Europe for a long time

Pic related. It's dal dosa, I like to call it proton dosa. It's tasty with chutney, and it's comfy as fuck with chai.

I'm malayalee, so my family makes a lot of dosa. Generally, the dosa batter is a mixture with a ratio of 4:1 rice to dal. My mom changed the ratio to 1:8 rice to dal. So it's a relatively good change to low carb and high protein.

I grew up in Texas eating a lot of chili and bbq.

Shit's great for gains.

I just made real chili for the first time today (used dried chiles and cubed and seared meat instead of seasonings and ground meat). Came out amazing. The only thing I'm going to change in the future is using diced canned tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes.

Found the aussie

Share recipe?

hey we have these things in Romania too

MACROOOOOS

MUSAKA man, this shit is the best thing in the world.

Just beef and potatoes topped with a milk/egg mixture.

It started in the Ottoman empire and there are versions throughout northern and eastern Africa and the Middle East as a result. Fucking idiot Poles thinking they can cook.

I've eaten so much musaka in greece.

Together with the feta soaked in olive oil and some nice tsipouro.

Great times.

Well to be fair ottomans never cooked anything except claim they started certain dishes or greek coffee

we call that λαχαντολμάς in greece, great dish also done without the meat just the rice and vegies.

>great dish also done without the meat just the rice and vegies
leave it to the greeks to turn something gay

shit that's an awesome idea (the eggs thing), never thought about that, thanks mate!