Is tofu the ultimate muscle building food...

Is tofu the ultimate muscle building food? I hate the culture around it but it's protein/carbs and protein/kcal ratios are just too good.
Plus its fats are healthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOYTfpHl0JA
americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/whole-soy-story
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html?zx=1b20bd84a59d2c77
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html?zx=e6bd802ad4f23418
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/chaosandpain/page/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=-6aAFKlr7hs
youtube.com/watch?v=_Bi5wbzpOHQ&t=53s
youtube.com/watch?v=DCLA-WmxPgI
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
youtube.com/watch?v=miewQbf6PJA
journals.law.stanford.edu/stanford-environmental-law-journal-elj/blog/leading-cause-everything-one-industry-destroying-our-planet-and-our-ability-thrive-it
worldwatch.org/node/6294
vegsource.com/news/2010/07/china-study-author-colin-campbell-slaps-down-critic-denise-minger.html
well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/advice-from-a-vegan-cardiologist/)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
youtube.com/watch?v=T1iodwaS0XQ&t=53s
youtube.com/watch?v=VubRDVdPKyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>hate the culture around it
Why are you on this website? Elevens have shit taste and all, but you might want to consider a different site.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOYTfpHl0JA

E
S
T
R
O
G
E
N

I'm talking about vegan culture you prick

I don't know what that is.

What about it?

Tempeh, soy granules
the last ones are 50% protein dry, 2 fat, 6 carbs or so.

>bulk up on tofu
>grow breasts that make women jealous
>get hips so womanly you trigger the nurture-seeking instinct of children

Increased estrogen = decreased testosterone.

it's not true though if you look at the scientific studies.

>I read on a blog that everything -estrogens make you grow boobs and shit on testosterone levels
Idiots.

t. big soy

I kek`d

+ shrunken dick + zero libido.

Complete bollocks. I fell for the soy meme and can confirm without a doubt that consuming the edible jew will begin your transition to female (male).

Stay away from soy.

I know about that dummy. I meant, according to whom does soy contain estrogen?

Isoflavones are sometimes called phytoestrogens, mainly because they produce weak estrogen-like activity in the body. Isoflavones bind to estrogen receptor proteins, which, in turn, interact with the genetic material in your cells. Therefore, isoflavones can mimic some of the biological activity of the natural estrogens -- estradiol and estrone.

literally 1min of googling

It not only contains estrogen but a load of other bad stuff as well.

Read this.
americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/whole-soy-story

tl;dr Soy is fucking terrible for you. Cultures that depended on it for protein fermented it a lot before eating. Only fermented soy is actually good for you because it kills off all of the bad stuff.

> his test is so through the roof that it negates the fractional estrogen increase

taking a hormone (or a venom) orally does not elevate your blood levels, because they will be broken down to their building blocks in your digestive system before being absorbed. however, soy has building blocks that affect estrogen generation in your body.

What I always find hilarious is how this board is so militantly against soy but then drinks a fuck ton of milk. Like nigga if soy, which is full of phytoestrogens, is bad then wouldnt milk, which is full of actual mammal estrogens, be bad too? How the fuck could one be bad and not the other?

Not everyone is actually serious about GOMAD you autist.

you have to remember that half this board should be legally retarded and do stupid shit like drinking large amounts of milk every day

but they don't. soy is digested too quickly for them to bind properly, you would have to be eating soy all day everyday in vast quantities for you to get any real effect from it

Did you not even read anything, it does produce and effect.

>you would have to be eating soy all day everyday in vast quantities for you to get any real effect from it

East Asians don't eat too much of it, and they are the most beta collage of Asians on the planet. I mean shit, Japan alone is so beta they practically stopped reproducing and will die out in like 3 generations.

False, a study in the 70s showed estrogen from soya bean consumption which was later shown to be a result of a glue used in the canning process

Also false, increased testosterone = increased estrogen, not the bullshit you stated, though it may increase the likelihood of cortisol which could affect lifts

tl;dr stop reading blogs

>t. big soy

Milk is godly for you. There are cultures where literally that is their entire diet. What's really funny is for giving soy shit, then they go chug shitty protein powder

Test and estrogen aside milk really is bad for your CV, if you got the majority of your calories from whole milk you probably wouldnt live passed 60

>increased testosterone = increased estrogen
>increasing one sex hormone increases the production of the opposite sex hormone
hmmm really makes you think

?

> opposite
> thinking of hormones only by gender as if guys cant produce both or females the same

Lol I get a majority of my cal from milk and never felt better. Unless you have inferior genetics that cannot properly process Milk, you're an idiot to not drink it regularly

I recently bought a kilo of mixed protein powder (soy and whey). Its much cheaper than regular whey. Will I become a tranny if I use this from now on instead of whey?

If that's how humans worked, there would be no such thing as a hormone imbalance

This might shock you but sometimes consequences dont happen immediately. Smokers dont wake up with lung cancer after smoking for a week

cheqd

Kek

Wat
This is only true for peptide hormones, not steroid hormones, such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone.
How do you explain the effect of corticosteroid tablets used in medicine or testosterone pills for body building, birth control? Im aware that the bioavailability of steroids are less when ingested orally compared to parenterally, but far from 0%.

got a box of biological tofu or some shit like that, got it from Aldi and decided to try it since when I was a kid I loved tofu soup(I think it was that, it had tofu anyways).

how do I eat this? do I throw it into the pan with some salt and pepper?

I like to scramble it like scrambled eggs with some spices and shit, that's probably the easiest way

I heard tofu taste is "bland" so I guess it can't go wrong with eggs

It's also dirt cheap, I eat it like three or four times a week

>Is tofu the ultimate muscle building food?
No
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
Nope
>Stay away from soy.
This
Except they do
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html?zx=1b20bd84a59d2c77
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html?zx=e6bd802ad4f23418

I marinade my tofu in BBQ sauce, fry it slightly on either side, then bake it for 10-15 minutes on either side. It's so good. I'm so glad I gave up meat - I've never felt healthier and I have so much energy.

This.

Enjoy your puffy nipple gains.

>t. big soy

for you

>jump on the soy train after Veeky Forums memes about it
>get puffy, swollen mantits after a few months
>drink my own breastmilk for triple the gains

COME AT ME

Hello I-cite-blogs-instead-of-peer-reviewed-studies guy
How were the hot pockets mom microwaved today? Good?

those blogs link to studies

Enjoy your gyno

False equivalency

Not peer reviewed studies. You know, the ones that count.
Also come on, it's painfully obvious what this guy does. He literally just googled what he wanted to hear, he just got some results from the front page, dumped them in a .txt file and now reposts them every time there is a thread even remotely related to veganism.
Dumping sensationalist (already a red flag for science) and as such biased blogspot pages and expecting us to read the references of the references is at least poor form.
And it's not like he has an argument, he just cp's the same pages again and again
And even when someone takes the time to explain why the "studies" cited are bs and provides an actual counterargument with a credible source to back it up, he always literally pretends to not see it
But anyway
From the first citation of his last link
>Forty-two healthy adult males ... lasted for 4 weeks,
Come on.

Can't say I know anything about posting the links in

other threads

But I don;t understand why 42
test subjects over a 4 week
period is insufficient

come off

And stop ending every sentence with a new line.

I've got AI and SERMs, I'll eat as much tofu as I want. Gotta get on that /fraud/ life m8y

I made it more readable, you didn't
Fuck off
Also
>42 males over 4 weeks isn't insufficient
Please tell me you are BSc or less
Second to last cites two books. Not an accessible source
Third link
>We function best eating both animals and plants (3).
>3: ... we incorporate the most recent ethnographic compilation of plant-to-animal economic subsistence patterns of hunter-gatherers to estimate likely dietary macronutrient intakes ... for hunter-gatherer populations. ...differences in the percentage of body fat in prey animals would alter protein intakes in hunter-gatherers ... a maximal protein ceiling influences the selection of other macronutrients. ... whenever and wherever it was ecologically possible, hunter-gatherers consumed high amounts (45-65% of energy) of animal food. Most ... hunter-gatherer societies derived >50% ... of their subsistence from animal foods, whereas only 14% of these societies derived >50% ... of their subsistence from gathered plant foods. This high reliance on animal-based foods coupled with the relatively low carbohydrate content of wild plant foods produces universally characteristic macronutrient consumption ratios in which protein is elevated (19-35% of energy) at the expense of carbohydrates (22-40% of energy).

Tldr: the researchers found out that hunter gatherers ate whatever they could find, including lots of animals, blogger takes it to mean that we function best in an omnivore diet, shitposter uses blog to make a point about tofu being a bad muscle building food

Is there a single credible source that actually debates the topic of the thread? I don't have the energy to look through every single one, and the shitposter clearly didn't either.
And no, dumping a ton of Google results where 9/10 are irrelevant or poorly constructed, then proceeding to say "well I did answer, you just didn't want to read ALL the links to find out" isn't how you win arguments.

Flawless logic right there.

I prefer tempeh over tofu. Half a block at 20g of protein versus 15g with tofu. Not too mention half a block of tofu is a substantial amount more then a half of tempeh.

>And no, dumping a ton of Google results where 9/10 are irrelevant or poorly constructed
Except they aren't
>then proceeding to say "well I did answer, you just didn't want to read ALL the links to find out"
You didn't. You barely even have to comb through all of them either. Just not be a dumbass. But every time anyone has a debate and knows what thy're talking about, you want to keep arguing and shitposting like you still have an argument; when the proper thing to do when you know jack shit is conceede.
>isn't how you win arguments.
And you're sure not winning this one

>is bad then wouldnt milk, which is full of actual mammal estrogens
>Test and estrogen aside milk really is bad for your CV
Both of these are retarded memes as well.
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html

I also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.

Excellent avoidance maneuver of literally every point I made
10/10 made me reply and angry enough to smesh my binch PR
You are such a shitposter that I actually believe that you are actually a vegan who purposefully presents no, irrelevant or shit arguments pro meat in order to make meat eaters look bad
D E V I L I S H

>I actually believe that you are actually a vegan
And I actually know for a fact that you are fucking retarded and don't read

Blogs are not reliable resources for scientific analysis

soy and soybean oil is used as a filler in fucking every cheap food. i avoid it out of annoyance for how prevalent it is. if it were good for you, it wouldn't be so cheap.

>Blogs are not reliable resources for scientific analysis
So is not reading, especially when all the information is not only in what I posted; there's a study I typed directly in my post

Fuck off with your vile shit. The only good Tofu dish is Mapo Tofu

You mentioned a study by the lead author's name but all you typed was the blog's take on it, not the words of the scientists who conducted the study

>yourbrainonsaturatedfatsandcholesterol.png

>taking the time to make that
lmao

Saved

best 5 minutes of my life senpai

Solid gold kek

How convenient for you, to meme. Instead of actually reading. Also conveniently ignoring everything else I posted as well
>taking the time to make that
Like an idiot who doesn't read would
Considering you don't actually have arguments that aren't shit I bet it was

Dude come on, stop
Not even meat eaters agree with you
I had a pound of chicken for lunch and I think you are stupid

Smokers are more likely to develop lung cancer
People who consume a large amount of dairy products are more likely to develop heart disease among other things

how is it a false equivalency?

analogues can have higher bioavailability and be more resistance to metabolism thus have longer half life, sometimes even higher affinity to the respective receptors

you think people would waste time obtaining psilocybin, lsd, mdma etc if they could just take serotonin?

>Dude come on, stop
No and stay mad
>Not even meat eaters agree with you
Still didn't read I see. And you don't equal or speak for all meat eaters ITT. Your just want to shitpost can't stand when you get called out, so you have to resort to arguments like this one
>I had a pound of chicken for lunch and I think you are stupid
Good thing I don't give a fuck what retards think

Where's the screencap of the guy with amazing tits?

Don't bother trying to reason with him. The guy is deeply troubled.

desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/chaosandpain/page/1/

I was actually looking for it when I posted that, I don't think it went around yet.

>Don't bother trying to reason with him. The guy is deeply troubled.
>This level of projection
And there sure are alot of those huh? You and the rest of your ilk here have literally spammed those threads with the same bullshit as this one since forever ago, consecutively nearly all the time on this board. If you don't want to assblasted that people are calling out your shit go back to one of your containment sites and quite spamming it here. And on that note, I pretty much 100% sure you and all the rst of the pseudoscience spammers are from both the no fap and veganism subreddits. It's the exact same type of cancer

>all these appeal to nature fallacies and wrong information

>youtube.com/watch?v=-6aAFKlr7hs
>youtube.com/watch?v=_Bi5wbzpOHQ&t=53s
>youtube.com/watch?v=DCLA-WmxPgI

Where do I even fucking begin with this. Meat has been shown to cause cancer, heart disease and diabetes. Furthermore, meat is just as, if not more insulinogenic that pure sugar. Soy contains PHYTO (PLANT) estrogens, which you shit out. The foods that actually cause gyno contain animal products, such as milk which has mammalian estrogens because it's from a female fucking cow.

Tofu is not bad, SOY is not bad. Meat and dairy will shorten your life span. It's bad for the environment, it's unethical and unnecessary, and you can still meet protein needs following a vegan diet.

You remind me of Envy from FMA in how alone, sad, pathetic and desperate you are. Maybe you should follow in his footsteps and kys

>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>Meat has been shown to cause cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
Except there's a been shown to be an inverse correlation between meat. and saturated/animal fats and all of that or can be attributed to other factors. Meat doesn't do that or anything else you want to meme. Your belief and this demonization of meat and animal fats are based in nothing but bad science and wanting to believe your memes so bad without any eveidence
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>Furthermore, meat is just as, if not more insulinogenic that pure sugar.
You. have to be baiting at this point
> The foods that actually cause gyno contain animal products, such as milk which has mammalian estrogens because it's from a female fucking cow.
Just went over this
>Tofu is not bad, SOY is not bad.
Reread again
>Meat and dairy will shorten your life span.
Both do neither
>It's bad for the environment,it's unethical and unnecessary
Because you desperately want to believe it is and will listen to any kind of bullshit and pseudoscience to justify you're belief
>and you can still meet protein needs following a vegan diet.
Can, sure maybe. But it's less optimal, less effective, and cost more in money, time and resources spent to than to just eat meat

Maybe you should quit shitposting like you have a valid point or argument

Tastes like play-doh.

>maximum denial

>cost more in money
Nope. youtube.com/watch?v=miewQbf6PJA

>desperately want to believe it is

No, it is bad for the environment. That's not debatable.
>journals.law.stanford.edu/stanford-environmental-law-journal-elj/blog/leading-cause-everything-one-industry-destroying-our-planet-and-our-ability-thrive-it
>worldwatch.org/node/6294

>All these links to fucking BLOGS
Blogs don't count as reputable resources, bud. Denise Minger is a nobody. Also Dr. Campbell responded to her bullshit articles!
>vegsource.com/news/2010/07/china-study-author-colin-campbell-slaps-down-critic-denise-minger.html

Stop being a denialist. The president of the American College of Cardiology (Dr Kim A. Williams) is vegan and recommends that diet to prevent and treat heart disease (well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/advice-from-a-vegan-cardiologist/)

Furthermore, the President of the American Journal of Cardiology is vegan, Dr. William C. Roberts and has conducted extensive research on atherosclerosis caused by animal products.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

Also stop linking Authority Nutrition, they are also bullshit

>youtube.com/watch?v=T1iodwaS0XQ&t=53s

youtube.com/watch?v=VubRDVdPKyU

AND YES, SATURATED FAT IS BAD FOR YOU

>maximm retardadtion
>No, it is bad for the environment. That's not debatable.
See what I said about you and your ilk desperately looking anything top justify your pseudoscience and bullshit
>Blogs don't count as reputable resources,
Just because you refuse to read or reasearch read doesn't mean what I posted aren't reputable
>Denise Minger is a nobody.
Who still posted a excellent and valid take down
> Also Dr. Campbell responded to her bullshit articles!
I don't give one fuck about articles form a place called vegsource or anything from you or anyone else this up your ass about pseudoscience, memes and shit scince and nutrition
> Also Dr. Campbell responded to her bullshit articles!
No ones being a denialist. And you're relatively the only one here who fits that bill.
>The president of the American College of Cardiology (Dr Kim A. Williams) is vegan and recommends that diet to prevent and treat heart disease (well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/advice-from-a-vegan-cardiologist/)
You've brought him up before to, but just because the Journals' President vegan and wants to down memes by the fistfull just like you doesn't make make him right (which he isn't), nor means everyone else has to buy this repackaged witchhunt bullshit and shit science/nutrition. I actually feel bad if there was anyone who knew better than him that he ended up replacing.
>Furthermore, the President of the American Journal of Cardiology is vegan, Dr. William C. Roberts and has conducted extensive research on atherosclerosis caused by animal products.
See just above to for the same regarding this guy. I don't much you he or anyone else wants to down these memes
>Also stop linking Authority Nutrition, they are also bullshit
Because you want to buy into your memes so badly?
>AND YES, SATURATED FAT IS BAD FOR YOU
Posting that in all caps along with a video won't make it any less bullshit

> see some tofu in the fridge that your dad's stupid wife bought
> only recently started getting interested in nutritional values so check out label out of curiosity
> holy shit that's a lot of protein
> make thread to see if there's a consesus on it
> trigger gang warfare on Veeky Forums

Huh

This denialism is amazing. I just linked you scientific research to Stanford fucking University and the World Watch organization showing the environmental impacts on animal agriculture. This is just sad. It's not pseudoscience when world renowned experts agree on the subject.

Haha you're not even making an argument anymore! You're just making contradictions and assuming you're right! Yes, that article from Veg Source did include Dr. Campbell (Did I mention, he's a fucking doctor) responding to the real pseudoscience you're linking here.

And yes, when you aren't linking scientific research from reputable sources, yeah, that doesn't count as a real resource buddy.

Have fun getting chronic disease.

And also
> be from Veeky Forums originally
> make thread on Veeky Forums since I also lurk here
> thread degenerates in your usual Veeky Forums memas thread

Fug