ITT: Stupid Normie Beliefs

ITT: Stupid Normie Beliefs

>I'm fat because I cannot afford to eat healthy.

>Honey is healthy

>Not everyone will lose weight on a calorie deficit

>Muffins are healthy

>Everyone with even the slightest bit of muscle is a roided out freak

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26374764
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm a manlet so there's no point lifting

>i just need to save up money to fix my teeth
Sure thing little guy, that'll do it

>I'm fat because I cannot afford to eat healthy.

semi-related story:
>grocery shopping
>getting the usual basic stuff
>eggs, greek yogurt, nuts, spinach, turkey, chicken, avacado, etc
>get in line to check out
>other people in line have tons of chips, crackers, juice, soda, and sweets
>guy working at register looks kinda
>as he's ringing up my stuff he says "it sucks that it costs so much to eat healthy"

My total for my weekly groceries was like $110, I didn't think it was that expensive. But maybe $110 could have gotten me twice the amount of junk food. Idk. It was still nice that cash register bro noticed I wasn't a junkfood normie

>if I worked out I'd look as good as you in 6 months
>I'm mostly muscle under this fat
>i signed up to x, it'll surely help me lose weight

I budget for $20 a day for groceries and holy fuck I eat like a king. And yet here are people I know spending $20 1-3 times a day on takeout.

Honey is literally the best kind of refined sugar.

I've compared the cost of raw chicken breast to the pre-cooked forzen strips, and the raw is at least 1/3 cheaper. Same goes for raw hamburger VS frozen burger patties.

Fat people just use the expensive part as another excuse, what they don't realize is that they can be skinny and still eat the same garbage.....just not as much of it.

Doesn't make it a healthy choice, there is literally no reason to consume something that is basically pure sugar.

>Caffeine pills are bad but a super sugary coffee is fine.

>Fasting will slow your metabolism and make you fat.

>I want to lose weight, but instead of eating right and doing cardio.....I am going to continue to over eat while weight lifting. Then I will quit when I don't see any results after 2 weeks.

>I read on Facebook that drinking X & Y will ignite your metabolism and burn fat (X & Y being anything except for Caffeine, Ephedrine, or Clen)

>creatine is bad for you, it's like steroids
>protein powder is unhealthy
>i need to start running cause I want to lose weight
>i'm not fat, just big boned
>lifting makes girls look like a man
>youre big so you must be strong
>caffeine is bad
>i have no time to workout/cook healthy
>diet sodas are healthy
>fruit juices can be drank without moderation
>you have to spend 2 hours in the gym
>I lost 20 pounds in 3 days this new diet is amazing
>my new "cabbage only" diet is great
>I need to follow this diet for 2 weeks and then Ill go back to old habits and won't gain anything back
>only dogs like bones

Creatine gives you acne and accelerate the hair loss process
Protein powder is unhealthy if you have a shit diet
High intensity cardio is the fastest way to burn fat
Frame size and bone density are a thing
Girls with large shoulders are ugly
Lifting weight makes you better at lifting more weight
I always need to take a shit after a cup of coffee
I don't want to cook when I come back home so I just ask my gf to do it

> If i count macros then ill lose weight

Protein powder is unhealthy user. Tastes like shit and does nothing. Yea a mix of a sugar tasting, clay-like substance is going to help me get big because protein.

Wrong.

HABBA NO BARRO YOU DUCK WHY DO YOU SELL CLAY TO THOSE DONGOS

How is it unhealthy exactly?

>Yea a mix of a sugar tasting, clay-like substance is going to help me get big because protein.
That's exactly how it is works though.

Wish I had a dog like that

>useless that ur arms are so big , im stronger cus im better at arm wrestling
i literally hear this every week at least once

>people don't realize arm wrestling requires technique

>$20 a day
Jesus I am jelly. I would eat so well...

Can I get a quick rundown on your daily $20 meal budget?

>tfw 5'9 with bad teeth and going to get braces

STOP BULLYING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>Muffins are healthy
Noone who isnt your mom or your grandma ever said that

My gf keeps annoying me about the fasting, can someone redpill me on fasting and metabolism? I keep telling her it works. How can i finally convince her?

Even worse, I work at a hotel whose main clientele is construction workers (or people of that nature). We have a shitty fitness facility in the basement and sometimes I show people some shit or give people advice. You would not believe some of the shit I've fucking heard over the past year and a half from these mouth-breathers. God I hate these people so much.

We don't have a barbell, just a really shitty gym. But people think putting the bowflex on maximum resistance makes you fucking superman (it's like 50lbs of resistance). And don't even get me started on the techniques these retards tell each other when using the dumbbells. Ever seen a grown man proclaim how strong he is because he works all day and then fail a 25lb dumbbell bench press? I have. Fat fucks come in and eat a 2000 calories breakfast then do 50 bicep curls at 10lbs and think they are buff.

seconded

>youre big so you must be strong
>caffeine is bad
Both kind of true tho.

Tfw also work at a hotel who's main clients are rich chads that probably browse Veeky Forums

>Doing 100 squats, 100 pushups, 100 situps and running 10 km everyday will make you a superhero in three years

yup , worst possible kind of humans
full of these people who work at a village and literally think they're more jacked than any bodybuilder on earth
and when they finally admit someone's better looking than them , the obvious answer is steroids

Have you tried it?

It's worse because these mouth-breathers think bodybuilder or even power lifters muscles aren't real because they were created in the gym. Y-know, rather than hauling rebar and 2x4's. I hate these blue collar workers so much.

Literally nothing wrong with 5'9

Synephrine and yohimbe

Only if it's real honey. Most of the shit in America is fake. It's literally corn syrup.

I have never understood "I'm fat because I cannot afford to eat healthy."

nigger water is cheap but you still buy coke, so no, the only reason why you don't eat healthy it's because you are a lazy fuck

Oh god, When will they learn?

>not drinking unflavored whey + honey

>walking around like a human hulk even though you have a skeltal body

Get the invisible kind (the ones that go on the inside not the plastic shit). Two years of looking like a retard isn't worth the $1-2000 difference.

Im a broke nigga, beggars cant be choosers f a m. and I look like a retard as is, it can only get better from here

>Frame size and bone density are a thing
Right, but every fat person says this. That flab aint big bones, it's fat.
>Girls with large shoulders are ugly
Girls that lift weights look fine, girls that lift weights and take steroids look ugly. And even then I'd bone most of them, but that's a preference kind of thing.
>Lifting weight makes you better at lifting more weight
Which means you're stronger...

You were warned.
Men over 12 can't pull braces. Not even 10/10s.

>$110 a week
wtf

i spent like $50-60

I could eat like shit for $12-$15 and it would all be fast food, even cheaper if its ramen plus some protein. $20 a day is $140 a week. $140 a week for 52 weeks is $7,280. Around 50% of people make less than 55k a year. If you make 55k a year, this is not hard. but if you are a near minimum wage grunt like I have been it becomes pretty difficult.

In the end, eating healthy is not that expensive, just pointing out that $20/day for one person is not feasible for a lot of people.

again, eating healthy is not expensive.

>mention something about not having sugar while talking with friends
>dude just add honey
>what
>it's not sugar it just has sugar in it it's fine
>what

Is there something behind this because I've never heard this before. To me it's like saying chocolate is fine for the same reason

they also cant pull off mongo teeth

>>Honey is healthy
Wait, it isn't?

>barbell lifts, in general, are dangerous and bad for you

Arm wrestling is not a good measure of strength. It's a measure of proportions and technical skill (of course strength is required in the high levels but it still boils down to skill).

they think its ok cause it is le natural sugars

wow. that's a lot of volume.

>Working out two days in a row is very bad for your body, you need at least 1 rest day between each workout
>As long as the food is "healthy", you can eat as much as you can possibly manage without gaining weight
>If you work out regularly, you also have to starve yourself
>The only point of working out is to lose weight

>I want to lose weight, but instead of eating right and doing cardio.....I am going to continue to over eat while weight lifting. Then I will quit when I don't see any results after 2 weeks.
Do dudebros actually think that?

>start doing keto
>tell mom about it
>she's really into the idea, probably because of the rapid weight loss I experienced
>share the information I had read about it with her
>mom didn't read any of it and keeps doing stupid shit like eating a bunch of rice and having no clue which foods are good or bad

Not him, but I just got braces today too.
I wanted ceramic but they cost 2000€ more and the dentist said they were more fragile than the steel ones, not really a good idea for fighting sports.

>does nothing
>tastes like shit
>wont help

>Don't squat to parallel because it is bad for your knees

>Don't squat

>3x10-15 everything

>creatine = steroids

>eating healthy is expensive

>blueberries or whatever are a superfood my facebook feed said so, so I am going to eat 5 lbs of them a day and get healthy

>women shouldn't lift

>elderly shouldn't lift

>fad diets (that includes you ketofags)

>you don't need that much protein

>alcohol doesn't have calories (literally got told this at the bar by some bitch who was being completely serious and could have lost about 30 lbs)

>carbs are bad

>fat is bad

I really believe 90% of the world doesn't have half a clue about lifting/nutrition, nor the inclination to google it or read a book

Lets spice the thread with Dumb shit Veeky Forums ACTUALLY believes despite scientific evidence:

>strength = size
>core isolation is not necessary
>isolation in general is not necessary
>a calorie is a calorie
>vitamins are not important
>micronutrients are not important
>girls like oversized fat legs
>legs are hard to build
>strength is impressive or useful
>girls like 'bearmode'

>true is full body
>true with straight lettuce or some shit

>girls like 'bearmode'
no, but guys do ;)

is his frame garbage?
he looks bad like strong fat skinny man bad

That's why you buy the real shit from a local source.

Pro tip: local honey helps fight allergies.

>Pro tip: local honey helps fight allergies.
dat pollen gainz for superior oxygen absorbtion

Yeah he's got shit genetics and looks like a manlet

nice traps though

>nice traps though
true facts

But doesn't that also depend on where you buy it? I get the big bags of frozen uncooked chicken at Sam's and I honestly feel like I'm getting a better deal than if I bought raw.

I'm a metal sculptor and those kinds of people are a joke. I've had to deal with them when my shop gets shipments in and they can't lift anything and move at a snails pace. We usually move 60% of the materials by the time they get one plate off the delivery truck.

>honey isn't healthy

Honey is very healthy you dumb son'bitch. Natural sugars are good for you in reasonable amounts. It provides energy and a mood boost, there's a reason that as a human your tastebuds are programmed to enjoy it.

What is unhealthy is fatasses that consume it in every meal and drink it down by the can full.

It is pretty much pure sugar with very very very minimal nutritional value.

There was a media buzz awhile ago about the supposed "health benefits" of honey, also it has been used for years with tea as a cure for a sore throat. The "cure" being that the consistency of it coats the throat, which is soothing.

>>alcohol doesn't have calories (literally got told this at the bar by some bitch who was being completely serious and could have lost about 30 lbs)

This is why these bar-stars always end up fat as fuck after 2-3 years of partying.

>Energy & Mood Boost

Yeah, eating FOOD does do that. Got any other "health benefits" of honey?

Kek no. I had ceramic braces from 18-20 and I rocked those shits. Ironically, I also lost my virginity during this period of time as most girls didn't give a fuck that I had braces and it made a good conversation starter.

Where the fuck do you live that all that costs 110 dollars? The moon?

>because protein
yes, because protein. this has to be bait
do you know how the body creates new cells man?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26374764
here's a study on fasting, lad. there are other related studies linked on the page I believe

I make around 50k a year, and really I'd prefer to eat good food over say getting a vidya game or the such. I mean I could knock it back to $5-8/day if I really wanted to but I like my food.
Well I'm cutting right now so it's even cheaper but
>breakfast
100g shortcut bacon: $1.30 (recently got for $8/kg so even cheaper)
2 large eggs: $1 (dozen=$5-6 free range. Cheaper for caged)
Spray oil: $0.05 (almost negligible)
25g cheese: $0.20 ($8/kg for a block)

>Lunch
Small coffee from 7/11: $1
250ml almond milk: $1 ($4/L)
30g protein powder: $1.50 ($50/kg)

>dinner
250g lean beef/pork mince: $3-4 ($6.50-8/500g)
100g mushroom: $1 ($10/kg)
100g baby spinach: $2.50 ($25/kg)
40g hot sauce: $0.80 ($4/bottle)

Total is around $15ish dollars and I spend the rest on instant coffee or the such. That's around 1600cals

>Caffeine pills are bad but a super sugary coffee is fine.

This one annoys me to no end. I know a guy drinks about 12-15 cups of tea a day, but someone my one caffeine pill a day is unhealthy.

>carbs are bad

>fats are bad

>cholesterol is bad

>eating only salads is a healthy sustainable diet

>spot training is real

>you won't lose fat if you don't do cardio

>losing weight is all that matters

>You're lucky you have such a high metabolism.

>Why don't you have some cake? You're so skinny it won't hurt anything.

Bitch one the reason I'm not fat is because cake is on the list of things I don't eat.

Honey is an anti inflammatory
Honey is full of antioxidants
Honey helps break down protein
Honey Helps Break Down Protein
HONEY HELPS BREAK DOWN PROTEIN

>Doing situps burns belly fat

>Literally anything posted on Facebook feed that is in the form of an infographic

>>I'm fat because I cannot afford to eat healthy.
desu I found this to be true when I was abroad in america. fucking veggies and bread was sweetened

>meat is worse for you than carbs

>Bread
Never gonna make it

>strength ISN'T useful

Nani sore

>feel like I'm getting a better deal
>feel
Run the numbers. You might be right, but it never hurts to check.

>$110 a week
>$15.50 a day
You really suck at budgeting man. You could buy enough chicken for two weeks with $15.

Yeah, but it also makes you lose all your hair.

Cold showers BTFO.

>skin cancer is literally the best form of cancer

two weeks worth of chicken for $15? where the heck are you shopping?

> I'm mostly muscle

Oh my god, this girl I know says this to me all the time when the conversation turns to athletics, and she's so goddamn fat, sjw-type, and brags about doing the elliptical.

She always brags about how strong she is but she lives the most inactive lifestyle and every time she drags her ass to the gym I hear about it, it's maybe once a month tops and she brags for weeks about how fit she is.

>bruh that's gym muscle, that's useless in the real world
>I would know, I've got functional strength

Fuck you Kyle.

>a calorie is a calorie
If a calorie isn't a calorie, then what is it?

>traps are gay

>chicken thighs $1.99/lb
>1/2 a day
Rice, oatmeal, barley, beans are all extremely cheap. I can easily subsist on less than $20 a week.