Sugarholics Anonymous

My name is user and I've been a sugarholic for 15 years.

How do I escape the sugar goblin? I get withdrawals if I go a single day without a heavy dose.

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/02/10/new-study-of-splenda-reveals-shocking-information-about-potential-harmful-effects.aspx
examine.com/nutrition/artificial-sweeteners-is-the-evidence-as-sweet-as-these-substitutes/
ruled.me/keto-diet-plan-best-and-worst-sweeteners/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

try no-fap

literary oats

I'll try it. I'm desperate at this stage.

Swap the addiction for something else such as

>coffee
>smoking
>cocaine
>sugar-free drinks with loads of 'will-probably-kill-you-but-wont-make-you-fat' chemicals
>coffee

exprain

Been there, here's how I got out of sugar addiction:
Fast completely for a few days. Only water, don't workout if no energy or eat sth like eggs before working out if you choose to.
Then, switch to 20/4 intermittent fasting. I start by making a huge salad/vegetable/chicken bowl. If you haven't eaten the entire day, you'll crave that shit. Throw some seeds and nuts in there. After that, allow yourself to eat anything that has no refined sugars in it.
Some great snacks to finish off:
1. Mash banana and peanut butter, throw in some chia seeds and put that shit on some rice crackers.
2. Apple slices with powdered almonds.
3. Get creative.

Avoid all types of premade sauces, spices and diced tomatoes are your best friend when it comes to flavor

cinnamon
also this

Im beginning a sugar cleanse Monday. I really hope if I can push through the first week the cravings will start to disappear.

Yeah sugar is a bitch. The way I think of it, our body naturally crave sweet foods because in nature sweet foods = fruit. When i crave sweet crap now I just eat some delicious fruit and it goes away. Plus, fruit is full of water and fiber so its pretty filling unlike processed garbage.

Good advice. I feel so pathetic for not having the will power to just stop but it really is an addiction.

Try to taper off and then just stop, man. It's hard but it's possible.

this sounds as pathetic as those alcoholics that call it a disease. just man up and stop

Just drop it.

I dropped sugar like two weeks ago.

Coffee tastes fine with just milk.

Just use splenda or stevia

It's completely hormonal, actually. Look up the relation between insulin and weight gain, there are a few good videos on youtube. I know how it feels not being able to stop. Only thing that works for me is only eating in the evening. I recommend you read about fasting, intermittent fasting and insulin. Start by watching Dr. Fung on youtube, he explains it very well.

>Coffee with milk
What that's not how you drink it

fuck off

Explain
I've been carb cycling and when I want something sweet that's what I do

>not having fatty coffee with butter or other oils

lchf its easy to forget sweets when you're not eating bread

K E T O
E
T
O

Keto is what worked for me.

Oddly, I didn't even intend to do keto. I was a fatty and just ordered some frozen meal plan I found on the interweb. After eating it for a few weeks, and I started losing weight, I looked at what the food was and suddenly realized, hey, wait a minute, I'm actually doing low carb.

I haven't had a single soda since, and that was over a year ago.

is it alright if i get like 4g of sugar a day from bbq sauce. am i still considered like "on sugar"

>"dropped sugar"
>still drink milks with LACTOSE

lol

If archer's taught me anything, it's that cocaine is great for crash diets.

what's wrong with stevia?

yeah , I had 2 square a of chocolate last night while watching my 600 pound fattie life

stevia is fine, but splenda and other artifical sweetners though are mostly garbo
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/02/10/new-study-of-splenda-reveals-shocking-information-about-potential-harmful-effects.aspx

There's nothing wrong with stevia

Splenda, on the other hand, you should avoid. Powdered sucralose is not good, but apparently liquid sucralose is fine. you'd have to check that, i usually just stick only to stevia.

Make sure you get a brand that is not mixed with Maltodextrin. Look mainly for Erythritol and Rebiana A (which is what the stevia extract is sometimes called in ingredient labels)

The only thing listed here of any concern is "can impair appetite regulation"
Sucralose is fine
examine.com/nutrition/artificial-sweeteners-is-the-evidence-as-sweet-as-these-substitutes/

Literally nothing wrong with artificial sweeteners. They dont spike insulin like eating

I've got a specific kind of brain damage that makes it almost impossible for me to get addicted to anything, so it's easier for me in general but you should do keto.

>specific kind of brain damage that makes it almost impossible for me to get addicted to anything

tell me more user

ruled.me/keto-diet-plan-best-and-worst-sweeteners/

here's a good article about different non-sugar sweeteners and their GI effects

Aphantasia, depersonalization, severely deficient autobiographical memory, a combination of the above, whatever. I don't miss stuff. Thirst is pretty much the only thing that feels like an actual need, and I can forget about that too if I get depressed enough.

>repeatedly doing something that is good for you
>addiction
Pick one.