Be honest guys, do you buffed up guys laugh at skeles like me in the gym who can't even bench a plate

be honest guys, do you buffed up guys laugh at skeles like me in the gym who can't even bench a plate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JmOEgK5o2yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

We don't even notice you exist

Nope.unless you act like a faggot or still bench 1 pl8 after 2 years

/thread

m-my friend told me to build a gym at home so people won't laugh at my little weights.. i-is that true..

i laugh at this one skelly at my gym, hes been going about as long as me and his lifts are still super shit while mine have been going up. thing is he's super friendly while im a shy sperg lord. i look way better than him but all the gym cuties and bros talk to him. no one even acknowledges my presences. so theres that.

is it also true you only workout in your high school gym during gym class?

i have never been to a gym before these past 2 months ..

well, no one wants to be friends with a child. Imagine adults trying to be friends with a child, pretty creepy

No, but we do laugh at you when you take advice from (or give to) your equally dyel friend
If you need advice on form, find the biggest guy in your gym, ask if he's ever been injured while lifting.
If yes, repeat with second biggest guy
Repeat until you find the biggest injury free individual
Suck all the information he gives you like a sponge
Proceed to locker room. If you're lucky, he'll even give you a free protein shake fortified with a T booster, to capitalise on anabolic window gains. Suck that too. Go on, suck it all up you little slut. That's right, wipe every last delicious drop
Repeat 3-4 days a week for maximum gains.
Be a good Samaritan and pass down the knowledge if asked by another Skellig down the line.

Definitely not.

We laugh at bad form and ego lifting

no. if you're in my space i'll notice you, but i don't care what you lift as long as you're lifting properly. might even give you preps down the road for sticking it out.

We can only see things wider than 30cm

We dont give a fuck about you

Never laughed at anyone trying to better themselves, whether you're a skeleton or a hamplanet.

Now if you're acting like an asshat, that's different (and not size-dependent)...

I think about the first time I maxed bench @185lbs

This thread just inspired me a little, lets me know that the big guys are just human beans too... if we try, are we all gonna make it?

LMAO at all the skelly's in this thread pretending they are big and that they don't laugh at dyels. Of course we laugh at you when you lift the same amount as a fucking woman. My favorite is when I do the same exercise next to a skinny little beta with 2-3x the weight they are using and just look over and smirk at them.

No.

lol, when i was started lifting a bunch of old guys who were bigger than me were trying to give me tips on squats.
But everytime, the last thing they always said was, "I can't do squats anymore though because I kept injuring myself doing it and had to get surgery. But you can do it because you are young."
Always confused the shit out of me. Didn't know whether to listen or to throw all the bullshit that was just said out the window

I once had to get a guy to save me from a 77 lb incline press because I failed on a rep. After a month I started benching 104 lb, but to this day I still fear the bench press because if I fail, it's going to look really really bad.

only if you act like you have muscle

no. I don't give a fuck about other people.

Not at all. I, at least, commend the effort of guys doing the right thing trying to make progress. We were all there once. I do laugh at the skinny guy that does meme exercises and flexes in the mirror after every exercise though

I don't laugh but I do ask myself how it is possible for a grown ass man to be unable to bench 135 lbs. It baffles me

i'll just be honest OP, I internally sort of look down on people that weak. I know I shouldn't and it comes from an irrational and negative place in my mind. When I started at like 15 years old I was repping 1plate for 5 reps so see grown ass men who can't even get it up for 1 rep I can't help but wonder how that genetic stock even survived.

I can bench 104lb right now, I'm giving myself 3 months to reach 135lb , the plan is to add 5lb every week, hopefully more.. I hope I can make it.

Because I'm a weak ass piece of shit desu.

Only if you keep lifting babyweights for 4x12 on every exercise, never exert yourself and take 3 minute breaks to sit on your phone between sets.

When i started i was struggling to bench 65 lbs, 2 month later and i could do 5 reps with 135

I was only taking complex b and doing push ups every morning

That's nice to hear user. I really hope I can make it..

I take 3 minutes rest on my 4x4.. If I don't rest I have a chance to fail reps.. Is it okay to rest that long?

I dont laugh at you guys, i just cringe inside when you guys try to go heavy with the shittiest form. Just dont fucking ego lift, it doesnt do anyone any good.

Its always funny seeing the musclebound morons cry when they threaten normal men who pull on them out of fear for their life

Oh p p please user. I'm sorry user. Y-y-youre a big guy. God Bless America and God Bless the NRA

Laugh more at the guy bouncing two plates off his chest with his ass a solid foot off the bench.

If you're lifting heavy take the time you need. I was more talking about guys like the dyel I saw at the gym earlier who took 3 mins on his phone between sets of 8kg dumbbell tricep extensions and 20kg leg curls.

Is it okay to take more than 3 minutes?

Wtf are you trying to say

yes.

i'm on the texas method and its not uncommon for 5x5 squats to take over an hour. anyone who says otherwise just hasn't lifted for very long.

youtube.com/watch?v=JmOEgK5o2yg

strictly for strength purposes.

Yes, take as long as you need.

>acting tough online
>makes me feel good in my tummy
>irl im just an antisocial nerd who cant look at people in their eyes

That's good to know user, I realized in the past when I would do like 1 minute rests because I thought that felt long enough, but after using 2-3 minute rests I don't fail anymore.

Also this greasing the groove thing is working, I increased my pullups from 3 to 6. I might try them for my push ups too.

I'm too busy concentrating on my form and watching yoga pants asses.

Yes, and that's okay. Do it anyway.

>someone benches their first plate
>see human materialize out of thin air

No. I used to be like you. Not any more.

No. Most of those jacked dudes were skellies,skinny fats, or fat asses before they found the iron. They've been there. If anything they're rooting for you.

No, we all been there

Youre allowed to be unironically gay on Veeky Forums but please stop being such a massive faggot

>still on 1pl8 bench after like 2 months
fucking kill me

We're much more likely to laugh at some curlbro with 16 inch arms struggling to squat 2plate on "leg day" than a skelly trying to bench babbyweight, 99% of Veeky Forums started out as either a skelly or a fatass

What did he mean by this?

Quit being a fuckin pussy dude

They won't be laughing if you show improvements and look like you know what the fuck you're doing

If you come in and just do curls and push ups they will

dont hope user, you WILL make it.

i GTG'd my pull ups from 10 to 16 as well, never even approached failure.

pavel's legit. he's up there with dan john, rippetoe, nuckols etc

Literally nobody laughs at anyone in the gym

There's a dude who comes in a fedora, boots and cargo shorts every day and I helped him with his curl form because he asked

i really wish i knew how user. maybe you could give me some advice since youre such a big strong guy.

Not at all. And I'm not even that buff

Eat more
Actually fucking work hard in the gym instead of whatever the fuck you think youre doing

>Actually fucking work hard in the gym instead of whatever the fuck you think youre doing
but i think i am working hard, how do i go from thinking im working hard to actually working hard? eating more i do know i have to do, and am working on fixing my diet

>working on fixing my diet
where's the 'work' there? eat large amounts of clean food

>eat large amounts of clean food
yea thats p much what i meant

oh good. apologies

hey no worries

>eat large amounts of clean food
>tfw you can easily eat over your caloric needs on the "cleanest" foods
I wish I had started skelly instead of fat, nothing feels better than cramming down 1k calories of eggs, chicken and broccoli

not at all. all my laughter goes towards stupid fucks loading up way more weight than they are able to handle.

Everyone starts somewhere. Nobody laughs at anyone in the gym because even the biggest guy knows he started somewhere.
Anyone who laughs at another for trying to better themselves is a beta male.

I'm a skele and I hate eating actually. After starting lifting I realized I have to force myself to eat a lot, so what I did was just make lot's of oats/milk shake and drink more milk in general and take tablespoons of peanut butter, in addition to food.

I used to just eat 2 square meals a day and that's all.

I can't even go near peanut butter or I'll down 500 calories of the stuff.

Starting fat is such a curse.

this

i can put away 5k every day no problem. even during my bulks i'm hungry. cutting is a bona fide nightmare and i literally dream of food most nights during them. had a dream about a pizza last night. i don't care though because it keeps me tough and able to apply myself.

Not at all man. I get happy for those guys. We all gotta start somewhere and it's just cool they decided to get fit. If anything I want to just help them out but I never talk to them because that shit made me super uncomfortable when I first started lifting

Serious lifters have an agenda. They have limited time and goals to accomplish. If you have started lifting you should soon find that part of the enjoyment is your chance to focus, push yourself to new limits (safely) in critical moments. I never judge someone by how much they are lifting. I've seen thin framed lifters lift heavy max weight or have unbelievable endurance at slightly less weight. You shouldn't make assumptions either. you never know when someone is in the middle of an elaborate routine or has already done their max and is burning out deliberately.

this.

gotta lol when people try to show off around me as i do my high rep warm ups then get humble fast when i squat the combined weight of their family

There are douchebags but that's such a low % of all gym goers. Just remember- everyone was either a Skelly or a skinny-fat cunt before beefing up.

My only downfall is sugary drinks, I love my soda and sweetened drinks too much. Thankfully Coke Zero exists..

>drinking flavoured drinks
outside of coffee, milk and alcohol, which serve a purpose, i don't understand why anyone would drink anything than water

2 sips of coke and that's enough for me for like 6 months

Because it tastes good to me..

but at least food fills you up, it provides energy, you have to eat. water is free and sugary drinks...i know i'm the weird one here but idk man i just never clicked with them

coffee, milk, and alcohol taste fucking terrible m8. i get all the fat, calories, calcium etc from my diet so milk serves no purpose. i've never been drunk, and don't ever intend to.
i drink soda because it's a tasty way to get in some easy calories and caffeine. i drink them in the morning to wake up, or with dinner as a replacement for beer/wine

black coffee and scottish whisky are god tier m8.

>not benching 3pl8s within 4 months
kek you fucking dyel beta kys

Seriously though, fuck off with that garbage. 1pl8 is great for 2 months.

I've never been drunk, and don't ever intend to
why

>you have to eat

How else do you think I became a skelly. I just didn't eat like I'm supposed to. But I liked drinking soda for some reason, maybe I just have child like sweet tooth.

If you're following a good roitine (ss,sl,ppl,phat), doing compounds with good form I don't mind at all, we all gotta start somewhere.

If you're doing quarter squats in the smith machine, half repping bench or doing only bicep curls then no, you're a fucking vermin. You're not going to progress and you're wasting valuable space and weights.

no, they're both shit. i've tried countless variants of booze and wine, and they're all terrible. everything from dollar store wine to thousand dollar brandy.
i tried a few times in high school, but the farthest i ever got was 8 shots of vodka. i nearly puked because of how horrible it tasted, and i didn't even catch a buzz, and since then i've never drank other than in small sips when people were being assholes and strongarmed me into trying whatever bullshit they think will be the drink to convert me

Nope. Unless you walk around like your shit dont stink

we actually notice no less because we dont perceive you as a threat

This happened to me yesterday. I just started lifting. Didn't know how to respond to him. I don't usually feel like an autist, but I did then.

no, we only care about people who lift more than us(we hate them)
lift less and you will be ignored

Only when I'm feeling insecure I will go "oh look! That guys benches blah blah I can feel good about myself!" And that's kinda how it goes internally

>likes kiddy sugary trash
>doesn't like fine acquired tastes
back to middle school.

I've been lifting a few months and had the same dude bail my out twice in a day. First on flat bench, then on decline bench which is worse because it's really hard to escape from if you fail. He seemed like a cool guy who didn't think lesser of me for it, and the shame was minimal

bull fucking shit. i couldnt count how many times i've tasted booze, and it is never anything other than shit. the only options i see as being possible are
>1: people have different tastes
>2: the "acquired taste" line is just a lie drunkards tell each other and themselves to justify drinking shitwater to get a buzz

The only time I laugh at a skelly is if he's doing a retarded exercise.

Yes, but not because of the weight per se.

>tfw ultra chad gave me lifting advice, only because I was a tall skele