"keto" coffee

Is adding a fat like coconut oil to coffee a halfway decent idea or is it just full meme. I've seen some people saying per cup 8oz of coffee adding between 1/2 & 1 TBL of butter + the same in coconut or other oil as a way of adding fat to your diet.

anyone try this?

Other urls found in this thread:

raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/fats-functions-malfunctions.shtml
nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10490&page=422
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why would it be a meme for people doing keto?

Google "bulletproof coffee".
You've been meme'd.

I add a bunch of coconut oil and butter to my coffee, it's the best meal of the day.

if you are doing keto,maybe it can be ok, otherwise this fuckin bulletproof coffe is a meme, don't be an idiot user

what makes it good for keto but not good for others? Coconut oil is still a pretty healthy fat to consume, if it helps to fit macros would it be any worse than consuming it at a different part of the day?

it only works if you are in ketosis

if you are eating more than 50g of carb a day and eat a bunch of coconut oil and eat carbs youll just get really fat

>adding oil to coffee
>not coffee to oil
How does it feel to be scrawny, gainlet?

>Why would adding hundreds of calories to your coffee be a bad thing?
>Keto means you can consume unbridled amounts of fat and still lose weight proving CICO wrong.

Keto is a fucking meme. Sure having some fat in your meals makes you feel a bit fuller but adding fat to your drinks is just retarded. Eat some cottage cheese or chicken and spinach.

it's god tier

How is coconut oil healthy?
It's saturated crap fat. There are way better oils to consume, e.g olive or whatever.

kek
I finally understand why people eat so unhealthy - with websites like this is actually no wonder.

raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/fats-functions-malfunctions.shtml

i understand the butter but why put oil in coffee...doesnt it taste horrible?

there's literally nothing wrong with what they posted.

Just don't eat shitloads of it like a retard.

dumb question but is keto a big meme? like how does it make sense that eating 75% fat is good for you

>chocolate has this vitamin
>chocolate has their vitamin
>chocolate helps you with x
>chocolate helps you with y

You can quote a bunch of irrelevant stats about ANY type of food - because being food meant for human consumption they ALL have SOME kind of benefit.

That doesn't mean that they are healthy foods that should belong into your diet.
You'd be better off not eating chocolate, even if you can find some abitrary healthy effects it has, just as much as you are better off not having butter in your diet.

Which is again not saying that your diet is automatically shit just because you eat some butter.

So many people don't understand this. You can't just cherrypick stuff out of keto that you like. You're either doing it or you're not. Refined fat is the last thing you need to be eating on a mixed diet

If you're gonna be eating butter or coconut oil for keto and you drink coffee anyway then its a good way to get it in your body. I used to eat butter straight and I would swallow it with some warm water. coffee would be easier if you had a hand blender but I don't do drugs.

This.

>refined fat
???
>buying refined coconut oil
You'd have to go out of your way to do that almost.

"bulletproof coffee" like, the BRAND is a meme yeah

but putting oil/fats in your coffee is not. makes it super creamy and very delicious

Ray Peat is a quack.

bake your breads

I have some coconut oil laying around.

How much should I add to my coffee per cup? 1/2 tbsp?

MCT oil is nearly tasteless. Coconut oil tastes like coconut.

>ray peat

Ah yes, the world-renowned Ray Peat who thinks ice cream is a superfood

What a load of misinformation.

>YOU NEED SATURATED FAT
>Saturated fat is extremely important nutrient in our diet. Our brains are largely made up of this substance.

Saturated fat is so important that our body synthesizes it wherever it's needed. Eating exogenous saturated fat not made by your body, however, is harmful.

nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10490&page=422

>DID YOU KNOW?
>Saturated fat has never bveen proven to cause heart disease
>Trans-fat and poly-unsaturated fats have been linked to heart disease

Notice how it doesn't say "trans-fat and poly-unsaturated fat have been proven to cause heart disease." Saturated fats have also obviously been "linked to heart disease." Due to the overwhelming evidence that exists, both trans and saturated fats are considered definite contributors to CHD, while polyunsaturated fats generally lower CHD risk, mostly because saturated and poly-unsaturated fats have opposite effects on blood cholesterol levels, a major risk factor for CHD.

put milk in your coffee , use your oil to fry something

see

How many carbs have you guys eaten to be on keto?

>tfw no space for bulletproof coffee

fuck my shit up

>not just putting in whole milk

shiggy

You don't know wtf you're talking about so just stfu.

It's not. Forget your conditioning.

The cause of fatness is carbohydrates, not fat.

Saturated fat is not the same as hydrogenated fat.
Cholesterol won't kill you, that is a meme.

>FUCKING 200G OF FAT

No. Idiot.

When your body is in ketosis, it consumes fat. What do you not understand? Eating fat will eliminate the hunger, it will be consumed by your body, and then your body will go back to burning more fat stores.

Those saying keto is a meme have not researched it or done it.

Surplus carbs get turned into fat very easily. On top of that, it caused a vicious cycle of an outpour of insulin, blood sugar crashes, and raving feeling of hunger (hangry) although you're already fat enough. Eating fat suppressed your appetite, it's very hard to eat enough fat to actually get fat.

If it fits your macros and you like the taste it's good

Really good for keto bc 0 carbs and 0 protein so you can eat more balanced meals throughout the day and not worry about getting too much carbs or protein bc you already drank about 25g fat

It's useful for appetit control for some people but it's not magic like some people claim I did it as basically a bad eating and sugar rehab for a two month a year ago and haven't relapsed back to my fattie habits since

It's awesome for keto because it supplies MCTs which are quickly converted to ketones and do not stimulate the release of insulin.

If you are not on a keto or very low carb diet, it's completely pointless. This is not a revolutionary concept, but people memed it to death to make money off retards. The BULLET PROOF brand was the driving force.

>Surplus carbs get turned into fat very easily

Not actually true, carbs are one of the hardest things to turn into body fat under most circumstances. Fat is the easiest.

There are literally people in this thread that are saying eating fat males you fat. How are so many of you that stupid?

It feels good knowing that none of you will ever make it.