ITT: stupidest things that you have done/happened to you in a public gym

Bailed a 350 lbs squat, letting the barbell (iron plates) drop on hardwood floor, miraculously no visible damage

Unloaded too much weight from one side of bar, barbell tipped over and hit the power cage, leaving indentations on both the bar and the cage. One rubber plate was also damaged. Luckily nobody was hurt.

Did kneeling cable crunches, cable snaps, i faceplant the fucking floor

Broke a gym-owned belt once.

was doing standing calf press using a yoga bench and the smith machine, had 100kg loaded and the yoga bench tipped over mid set. nearly died

I've seen that happen to a girl in my gym.
She got a nasty shoulder injury

>last set of decline DB
>last rep
>pushing hard af
>starting to stall
>gym buddy spotting
>"CMON user, PUT IT UP"
>trying my hardest
>let out the most wimpy girly screech
>gym buddy starts laughing his ass off
>i fail and drop one of the dumbells on my neck
>get up and look around
>group of 3 hot chicks are laughing at me
>mfw

>Trying to setup hip thrusts
>Guy walks by me after a minute and says, "Hey, uh, do you need help?"

>doing high pulls
>autistically drag the bar over my cock and balls and basically almost crush them
>passes out and puke in gym
>wakes up
>drinks water and finishes work out like nothing happened
Is this what an hero means?

Nothing like hitting the dick while oly lifting

>doing barbell shrugs in tight shorts
>basically massaging my sweaty genitals with the bar
>done
>dude does OHP with the same bar
>my ball sweat basically touching his face
>top kek

Years back in uni I had the gym to myself and I was doing my 1rm on flat bench. Put more weight on than usual and was more concerned about me not being able to get it up that after getting it up I slammed my elbow into the lower catch bar on the bench and the weight hit my chest hard. Luckily nothing was broken, but in my light headedness and momentary panic I thought I'd end up like pic related until I rolled the bar off of me..

Also, that same year a cute black girl saw me at the gym on my leg day and asked me if I could "help her" learn to do weighted squat to help tone her ass, which was perfect. I was pure Veeky Forums mode at the moment so I was like "sure". She got under the bar with no weight and squatted with it...Insta chubby...at the bottom of the squat she looked back at me smiled this big grin and said "hows my form look from back there?" then she giggled. I was still in Veeky Forums mode and said "You legs are way to far apart, move them in a bit". After she did that I helped her put weight on both sides and watched her squat again..damn dat ass...She got it back up said "how was my form that time" and smiled. I said "Still a little wide, let me show you...She smiled and said "Ok"...I stood there for a moment waiting for her to leave the bar and she said.."Well come behind me and show me or spot me or whatever" and she looked at me with almost bedroom eyes..I could misfired in my pants..I tried my best to do it without having my mast get hotdogged...Yes I was a stupid kid..After it was all said and done she thanked me and said "I think I got it now, thanks cutie! I could use a workout buddy.."..I spent the next 20 minutes at the gym with a pitched tent while I worked out side by side with her...Despite the stupidity the story has a happy ending..I ended up hooking up with her a lot that semester and haven't had a better booty or a motivation to help another person train at the gym every again. lol

>autistic social skills
>still gets pussy

You are what we call an outlier.

>unloading bar
>pull a 20kg plate off
>missed that there is a smaller 2,5 kg plate on as well
>drops from eyelevel onto foot
>spend the evening at the ER
>gf can't stop laughing over my stupidity

I feel like im overly expressive when im in the gym. I headbang a lot and make stupid faces when trying to crank out some heavy reps.

Went for some bicep curls, there is a rack in my gym with lots of small barbells, 10lbs to 100lbs.

Placed my towel on the rack, right next to a sweaty old fat guy's towel.
Did some OHPs instead, got pretty tired though so I took a towel to wipe out the sweat from my face

Took the old guy's towel. Only understood it before I was about to do the next set. Thankfully he didn't see.

>be me
>be in planet fitness
>skeleton
> go over to cable
>too weak to pull pin
> give up
> another guy goes to use it
> after putting it in the right place he just stared at me
> left gym because of embarrassment

When I first started going to the gym I put an adjustable bench under the smith machine to bench press. And I thought the seat part of the bench was where you laid your head on.

I still cringe thinking about that.

>back in the gym after 2 whole years off of not working out
>try to re-establish maxes for some dumbass reason
>squat 3 pl8 and deadlift like 3 1/2
>terrible form, surprised i didnt snap my shit up right then and there
>doms for an entire week, felt like someone ran my quads through a wood chipper

>just started lifting
>doing a high rep low weight
>like 5x10 with 25lb plates on each side with a 40lb bar
>on 50th rep
>can't get the bar off my chest
>friend notices from across the gym
>"Yo user you need some help?"
>"Na man I'm good"
>stall for an entire minute, football coaches' eyes burning a hole in my head
>friend walks to my bench
>"you sure you don't need help?"
>"aight I could use a lift off"
>died inside

>bench with no spotter
>stuck with 90kg on my chest
>painfully roll it on my stomach
>almost break ribs and puke
>cardiobunnies just staring

I was working in with this chick, and since I used to be a lanklet, I was squatting 1 pl8, same as her. It was fucking embarassing. I took a plate off without paying attention and ending up dropping it on her water bottle. JUST.

>too weak to pull pin

what

>Bailed a 350 lbs squat, letting the barbell (iron plates) drop on hardwood floor, miraculously no visible damage

If you think this is stupid you should kys

Didn't sleep for 2 nights. Decided to go to gym anyway. At bottom of the squat, I lose balance and start to fall backwards but for some reason I decided to hold onto the bar making me fall with it.

That was prime time to go talk to the qts. You already looked like a jackass so things can't get much worse

Its fine. I literally see people using a lot of machines backwards. I laugh and forget about it in a couple of days

>went to do squat warm-up set with the empty bar
>did my autistic squat set-up (basically i compress myself like a spring, grab the bar and bounce back up under it).
>bar flies right off the j-hooks, knocking me on my ass

lol

I was doing >rack pulls above the knee off of pins and when I was done I took all the plates off of one side instead of alternating and the bar flipped over the pin furthest from me and almost uppercutted me lol.

I also was literally just squatting 1pl8 one time and noticed my feet were uneven and when I went to correct it I lost my balance and had to bail and put it on the pins lmao good thing not one was there.

i dance on the oly platform user

>going to the ER for a broken toe
did they put a cast on it?

>on to foot
Chances are it hit his metatarsals, and those fuckers break really easily. Shit sucks too because you can't do anything.

There are pin that lock the pulley in place

but they don't weigh anything. 100 lbs girls change the pins on their leg press machines user

Yoga bench?

i know
>now i can do it but god that was embarrassing

>doing deadlifts at uni gym
>in the US, so everything is labeled in lbs
>decided to add 50lbs to the bar to do my last set
>can't find any free 25lb plates.
>see sum red bumper plates that I never use near the wall
>they just say 25 on the side.
>roll them over and slap them on the bar
>proceed to lift
>feels oddly heavy. I must be tired
>fail after 1 or 2
>fucked up the old back
>didn't realize that the bumper plates were the only thing in the gym measured in kg...

l'm sad to say l've done it multiple times
>try to go heavy on bench
>oh shit too much
>get stuck under the bar for a few seconds before bailing off the side

Had something similar happen to me, I'm DYEL but I could bench at least lmao1pl8 first time at the gym

Anyway, I was lifting with a friend and he forgot to take some weights off so I was trying to do a set of 5, but it was really hard and I was struggling like what the fuck is going on, and I only got 1 rep

Turns out I was benching 170, my bodyweight