Any poorfags with home made equipment like cemented weights...

any poorfags with home made equipment like cemented weights? i plan on making some but i have no idea how much water/cement i should use to make 5/10/15/20/25 plates. plan on using cement plates for ohp/squat and gonna fill some old car tires with sand for deadlifts

anyone that has done something similar care to share tips for homemade equipment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EForx7x6OKQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dunno but more power to u man

seems like something for /diy/

This would be a fun project.
>find out density of cement you're using
>calculate how much space 5/10/15etc plates takes up
>create mold based on that calculation
>pour cement
>weigh with reliable scale and adjust as needed

i put some thick pvc pipe on my barbell to emulate an axel bar. it worked out pretty well.

I use a heavy bag filled with rubber mulch. It's my favorite tool, other than my cement farmer walk buckets

get a big bag of cement, and make a small amount, following the ratio on the bag. do some simple math from there to figure out how much you'll need to hit the desired weight.

The grouting at your floor is subpar

The amount of time you would have to spend on research, investigation, experimentation and crafting would be far, FAR better spent making money to save up to buy iron plates.

Can't you eyeball the weight? I mean, the weight of the end project might be lower or higher than the actual weight of the cement but after the first plate, won't you pretty much know much water to add so the rest come out as you intended?

don't recommend it. the material is too brittle and therefore prone to shattering if it hits the floor.

You should use concrete instead.
1 mesure gravel
1/2 cement
1/2 sand
1/4 water

Cement is way too light.

lol

entirely depends on where you live

if you live in a remote area with low purchasing power then this isn't true at all

The density will be all over the place.

kek, it's not my house. Also it's like from the '70's so it's pretty old. Defiitely needs new tile though.

Not if you mix it well.

cement isn't as heavy as it looks, i used to have some homemade 22lbs cement plates and they were as big as 45 bumper plates, i'd rather make some from cogs and iron pipes, i bought some cogs on a recycling facility near my work and they weighted 75lbs each, i also got a metal bar that weights 30lbs and couple smaller cogs and bars to curl and that was my first setup

plates are super expensive here. like 500 eur for 100kg set. not worth it since i need more than that. the cheapest gym that i have in like 80 km radius is over 60 eur per month so fuck that shit. sadly the gym that i was going to previous closed permanently and was only 15 eur/mo

that's why i would only use them for squats/press where that doesn't happen

i found out that old car tire with rim (or truck for even more weight) and filled with sand is awesome and very cheap to get so i'll just use those or make something like this youtube.com/watch?v=EForx7x6OKQ

oh cmon, he just has to buy a bag of cement and use google , it wont take more than a day and cost less than 10 euros.

posted in another thread but these are my home made farmer walk buckets. The most expensive thing was all the piping

how much weight is that

Approx 70 lbs for each bucket. I was making them but the guy helping me was messing with my formulas while we were making them so I think they came out slightly off. I used a 60 lb bag of quikrete so I know they weight that much for sure.

If you are that fucking poor that you can't afford a $ 10 gym membership or fucking plates you should work on your fucking life instead of doing some stupid DIY shit that won't even work properly

I bought plastic weights filled with cement
theyre pretty good just takes more space.
Got 20kgs plates for like 20 euros each

Can I fuck your dog?

Sorry my man. He's happily single

Save up for a full set it's like $200 for a bar and weights up to 300lbs

kys

Been thinking about this myself but cement plates don't seem very optimal.
Using some sort of iron car parts and transforming them seems to be to most viable thing but if you don't have the tools to do that, it becomes expensive again.

That being said, do you think 2€ for / 1kg (or 1 lbs to 1 dollar for the murifats) is an acceptable rate for 20kg plates?

you can quite literally find old plates at the local dump. Rust remover and good to go.

Maybe if you're retarded. Get a scale, weight out your ingredients (In proper ratios) and make a mould to accommodate said materials. Easy stuff. Might want to post on diy though, they're better at this than your average fit poster

Oops turns out I'm retarded
Meant to reply to