/fat/ - Fatty General (5XL +$3.00 Edition)

>
previous thread over 300lbs

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TsTWFsEi0aE
theverge.com/2017/5/1/15499356/alternate-day-fasting-dieting-weight-loss-calorie-restriction-health
youtube.com/watch?v=C-iu8o5EObg&t=267s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wanted to have a day eating near maintenance after a long streak so I had a pizza that's been sitting in the freezer since before I started counting. Literally just tastes like salt and grease, I can't believe I used to pretty much live on it.

This happened to me two months in a row. After a month straight of clean eating, I picked up a pizza after having been craving one for what felt like an eternity. It was disappointing as hell and completely unsatisfying so the next month, I went to a place that I knew for sure had good pizza. Same story, it was awful.

Post MyFitnessPal IDs
Cutehotdog

So with obamacare repealed how fucked are you?

I have a high paying job that provides quality insurance so w/e

KTraider97
MFP ID

hey fat help plz

For the past few months I've been cooking oatmeal for breakfast with almond milk and peanut butter. Not bad, but I realized by cutting out the PB I could lose a little more. Without it it was kinda bleh, so I decided last week I was getting sick of cooking it anyway and started blending my oatmeal and milk together and just drank it. It was OK, kind of like drinking cereal. Today I had a day off of work and usually I take a banana in so I said fuck it for today and threw the banana in with the oatmeal and almond milk. It was actually pretty fucking good and I want to keep doing this for my breakfast now.

I guess my question is that I'd still like to take a banana in for lunch with me. Is two bananas a day bad? Aren't these things higher in sugar? I'm not a scientist so I do not know. My day usually goes like:

Breakfast
1 serving cut oatmeal
1 serving almond milk

Snack
1 protein bar

Lunch
1 banana
1 apple
1 serving of salted peanuts

Dinner
3 chicken tendies cooked on George Foreman
1 cup mixed veggies
1 cup broccoli

With my (shit) math this is around 1,185 calories. I'm sure I could add the calories but I just hear you shouldn't eat too many bananas in the first place...

im a student who lost insurance because of obamacare so i dont care.

>tfw 1285 calories a day

>literally have to pay a monthly subscription for myfitnesspal in order to add your own protein, fats, and carbs

Does anybody know the accuracy of the Navy BF% calculator? I feel like it is incredibly inaccurate.

Banana is like 100 calories, if it stops you from feeling like shit have it.

I would say swap the salted peanuts for walnuts, less calories and much less sodium, but also less protein.

>create food "protein"
>1g protein 4 kcal
>same for fat and carbs
>outjew the jews

I mean it would be pain in the ass to use it like that but whatever.

Not fucked at all, I wouldn't recieve insurance anyway, now I don't have to worry about fighting with the IRS over a few hundred bucks that they try to squeeze from me every year.

>t. tax preparer without insurance who has helped about 50 people this season who were in the same boat and were subject to the penalty

are you boogie2988?

Lose It! doesn't require you to subscribe for those elements. Just saying...

I also experience this with eating anything fast food and greasy. It really is amazing how much your cravings change once you stick out for a diet. Will still always love sweets tho...

I must have a problem then. I'll go a month or so clean then on cheat day my junk food boner goes crazy.

Within reason of course but still.

>outjew the jew
sometime about that line makes me chuckle every time i see it

I mean sometimes that shit tastes good but like i have a cheat day once a week (mind you nothing crazy) and ill get chicken tenders and fries from this place. I used to be able to crush them but a lot of the time i can barely even finish the fries.

It hasn't been repealed, only passed in the House. That said, I live in a blue state so I'm safe.

Use FitDay instead.

It ain't yet, but even if it is I live in a state that isn't a flyover shithole and is making serious efforts at single-payer so I'm good.

I never had it to begin with lol.

>implying boogie would try to fix himself

If you're worried about 2 bananas, look into PB Fit or PB2. They are powdered peanut butter. It will mix in great with the oatmeal and give it that peanut butter flavor, but with WAY less calories and carbs. I believe 2 tablespoons is like 50 calories, 4 carbs, 1.5 fat, and 6 protein. You can also sprinkle some of this on your apple if you slice it and it's great.

wtf are you talking about? I create foods all the time and it asks for these macros. I didn't pay for shit.

Is this some iPhone bullshit?

Ahh, so why not just add the individual items of the food you entered? e.g. 1 egg, 2 egg yolks, 4oz of bell peppers and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese for an omlette? This is what I do.

help I'm about to eat pizza

No you're not. You're about to ditch that idea and eat an apple.

Don't eat the pizza, thickness.

No youre not m8

If my fat ass can beat fast food cravings so you can you

Did you eat it?

I did. B-but I only ate two pieces and didn't eat the crust.

>Just drink water instead of eating, user.
>Pretty much constantly feel like I need to piss now.

Yeah, I piss more often than my wife did when she was pregnant. I only mind it when I'm on my drive home from work. Always end up running into the house and to the nearest bathroom before I even say hi to my kids.

If it fits within your calories for the day it's fine, if not make up for it by meeting your goals in the future.

Needing to piss constantly is better than being 80% lard

How was your dinner, /fat/? Mine was pretty damn tasty.
(Cals | Fats | Carbs | Protein)

>mfp doesn't use Oxford commas
Disgusting

It's a good feeling imo.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

desu I was already pissed (hue) at feeling like I had to go too whenever I walked my dog out, it's even more annoying now.

C'mon, no.

Dinner last night. Fucking amazing
But it is. Maybe I'm just a weirdo

well the only thing I ate before that was some beef jerky and that was only 300 calories.

Something horrible, Veeky Forumswise.
It's basically like bread, except cooked in water like pasta, with sauce made with local variant of sugar, melted butter and a little milk.
I don't think I'm eating that ever again now, rip fun.

I can't believe how little calories vegetables have. Gonna start keto next week after lowering carbs this week. Pretty excited.

>cheese
>olive oil
>keto

you guys will never learn

I'm fat and hate running. Will doing 4 sets of 5 minute jumproping help?

then dont run. wont burn much calories anyways. everybody hates running. fix your diet

How fat are you? If you're boogie-tier you might end up crushing your ankles doing either. At the end of the day, you're probably not going to make a significant difference in terms of calories, so I'd just choose what makes you feel better. For me, it's walking.

Jesus...that sounds unappetising. Maybe I'm just imagining it wrong
>2 TABLEspoons of oil
Holy shit, why? I mean if you're gonna start keto sure but that's a lot of cals for no reason now.
Find whatever cardio suits you, so long as you're getting your heart rate up. Just remember, start light and work your way up; don't dive in head first and give up. It's something all us fatties tend to do. So sure, jumprope to start sounds good. Swimming is a good one too.

Im doing intermittent fasting. Im not losing any weight but im also not gaining. Im doing 10am as first meal and then 4pm as my last time to eat. I often get a burst of energy at like midnight and my workouts at like 11 have been awesome.

but, im mostly doing this to lose weight. is there something im doing wrong?

Bike instead?

It's mostly the local sugar that makes it god tier, really. Its taste comes over everything else, and well, bread's filling.

I am from Veeky Forums and a disciple of Jaime Oliver. IIFYM faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=TsTWFsEi0aE

Did any of you fats see the new article in the Journal of the American Medical Association comparing alternate day fasting to daily calorie restriction for weight loss.

>theverge.com/2017/5/1/15499356/alternate-day-fasting-dieting-weight-loss-calorie-restriction-health

Tl;dr they found that daily calorie restriction and alternate day fasting are about equally effective, but people were more likely to cheat and drop out of alternate day fasting.

Are you counting calories?
I can understand that, but in my mind it just sounds like soggy bread. Now if it was like French toast I can get behind that!
I completely agree, iifym, but still, I'd rather eat a tub of yoghurt or some other tasty food than overload cals on oil. Different strokes different folks I guess

I am counting calories. I feel great, but not losing weight.

Height, weight, bf% and cals/day? Let's figure this out together.

5'11 195 lbs

Skipping is fine at that weight.

5'9. 185.4lbs. bf is prob roughly 20%. Calories today was 1500 calories.

So I live out in the boonies where rednecks would be more than happy to mow me down if I even so much as thought of walking/jogging/biking on the side of the road. Was thinking of getting a dual-action stationary bike, or should I blow the extra cash for an elliptical machine? I know treadmills're better than both for pure calorie burning if you can really keep the pace up but the impacts would probably destroy my knees at my weight. Any particular models to look at?

Makes sense, way easier to buckle if you spend long periods hungering vs adjusting for smaller portions and spacing them out and getting a taste for healthier snacks to take the edge off.

How long have you been doing ~1500 a day? If you're at 1500 calories a day for a couple weeks and not losing weight at 185 lbs go see a doctor and also a physicist because thermodynamics isn't working

I am a one meal a day type of person, so heres a good cut recipe:

>1/2 cup of quiona (this might be too much, it is a lot but 1/2 is like 360 calories)
>Spinach
>Bell Peppers
>Boil all that shit
>Add olive oil, hot sauce, and white wine vinegar

>BONUS: add 2 hardboiled eggs.

So goooooooood so so good.

are you still eating 3 meals ?
try eating 2

Okay. I can see 3 possibilities here's;
1. This ; something is screwy. Again, you need to give it 2weeks to see any real change
2. You're not counting your calories right. You're eating larger than you think portions or not tracking certain items (oils, condiments, etc)
3. You're cheating. Alcohol, soft drink, whatever. Something is giving you a boost in calories.

Seriously, your BMR is 1850, so even if you were eating 1500 and doing nothing but laying in a coma you'd still lose weight.

I don't have a low skill job where I could be replaced by a machine or someone who doesn't speak English. I will be fine.

Honestly, health insurance is not a right. Just because you can't afford a luxury doesn't mean you can shut down businesses and other people's livelyhoods, you selfish pricks.

two meals.
im gonna count my stuff more accurately, maybe im missing something. I did just start IF this sunday so maybe my bodies adjusting to the cycle.

6'6 280lb down to 257lb over 5 months.
My current goal is 215 lbs.
How worried should I be worried about excess skin?

good morning fellow fats, been to gym to do my hiit, now eating muh breakfast (chicken liver and avocado).

Might have 1 scoop of protein, not sure.

I don't come to Veeky Forums ever, but I've finally done it. Went to a local yuppie 24/7 gym, took a tour, and bought a membership.

1.9m 118kg, nearly 30. Never worked out a day in my life, going to do cardio/SS until I can move on to more lifting and couch to 5k. Hopefully I get fit or my heart will do the right thing and give out day one on the treadmill.

P-please lend me your energy so I can work up the will to head back tonight or tomorrow during the dead hours and not waste this $100 I just spent signing up.

Bike, go for comfy and try to find something that doesn't have a big stupid console blocking your vision. Ideally you want to be able to zone out watching TV and mostly forget that you're exercising. If it's a chore to do then every cardio session will be a test of your discipline and you'll eventually start failing even if you're very motivated now.

Just weighed myself

Was 278lb

I usually lose 3lb water weight overnight

Tomorrow morning I will have hit -90lbs since I started

We did it, Reddit!

>1 scoop

Im running into a bit of concern right now.

Im currently within 10g of carbs a day, only eating nothing but chicken salad or a 12oz chicken breast baked with some pepper and either steamed carrots/steamed broccoli

all together usually adds up 500-700 calories, from a 2000-2500 diet consisting of alot of white rice,pasta and bread.

I work in an office, and i usually drink half my weight in water with some black coffee. Yet I'm already losing my appetite 2 weeks into this diet. Im kinda forcing myself to eat dinner half of the times. I'm worried that if its possible to stay like this for a couple months and not have to worry about plateauing. Should I join a gym and do cardio for an hour every day just to afford eating 500 more calories?

5'8 220, was 237 on the 24th of April.

I have a $99 stationary bike that I ride almost every day while watching tv. Dont waste your money buying expensive machines that you may end up not using. If you stick to it for many months then consider upgrading.

Yeah, I'm 2 weeks in and I feel the same, especially in the morning, I've started going to the gym on a coffee/cream only because I can't stomach a full breakfast now, I get hungry in the afternoon/evening though. Gym is going for gains and cardio fitness so go for it, eat a little more if need be, fitness is just as important as your weight.

Do you ever watch fat cringe videos to discourage you from eating bad food? I watch this whenever I'm craving fried food

youtube.com/watch?v=C-iu8o5EObg&t=267s

Yeah, I read fph threads too. I cant believe joey has that many subs just for eating food, it's almost like people are so fat and obsessed with food that after they are done eating they want to watch other people eat.

i watch food reviews WHILE i eat, so i get less hungry faster

today I ate one banana when I woke up and half a glass of sour milk
then a bit of cucumber
then I did cardio for 45 mins
then I ate some cottage cheese, 5 small field mushrooms and my dnp pills

wont you need more carbs for the dnp to consume?

that's not how catabolism works

so, do you not light weights on dnp? asking because i ordered some

Today I ate:
sausage egg and cheese bagel
arnold palmer tea/lemonade
2 servings of pumpkin seeds
1 32oz slushie
2 large steak enchiladas made with 12in tortillas

I was pretty full too, and I will have lost weight. If i'd been hungry I would've cut the seeds or drinks for real food.

Why are you starving yourself?

>broke
>parents only source of food
>dad somehow procures a weeks worth of chickfila sammiches from work
>eaten 1 everyday since sunday
>still hitting macros though

Get me off this ride

I do but then again I'm on minimum dosage and will probably double it soon, then I don't know. Today I didn't however, because rest day (read cardio only day instead of lifts+cardio)
sounds like a lot of calories, but whatever works for you
>Why are you starving yourself?
to lose weight faster, it's basic thermodynamics

Do you currently do cardio most days?

that was pretty gross user , thanks

At least 4 times a week, 45 minutes. Whenever I'm at the gym I finish with cardio. Or rather I have the last months because I've been trying to cut and now I'm at the point where I'm not losing as much from regular diet+cardio and want to go all in, dnp and all. This is basically as low % as I've ever gotten but I still have that slight belly tire of fat that is now going away, for the first time in my life.

Oh, well good luck to you then. Starving yourself still sounds fucked tho. I'd just do more cardio tbqh familam.

Current weight? and when did you start dnp. whats your dosage?

Thanks. It's not too bad, I still any cravings with tobacco and crunchy cucumbers.
~85kg in non-'merifat metric. Started at ~86kg two days ago before I started starving myself and taking my 200mg dnp ed, and will probably increase it to 400 mg soon if sweats don't increase (now I'm just a bit sweaty like only ~4 hours after intake).

I find most low quality fast food repulsive now, but goddamn can instill crush all of the chicken tendies or nuggies. They've always been a weakness. Everything else makes me gag almost now tho

I tried to starve myself using nicotine. Dipping worked for about 3 months, but now I can't stand the taste of the shit.
Cig smoking hurts my lungs.
I love cigars, but they don't really do shit for cravings.

I don't know about fags but I use mouth tobacco and it works wonders