Clay tablets from the cradle of civilisation provide new insight to the history of medicine

sciencenordic.com/clay-tablets-cradle-civilisation-provide-new-insight-history-medicine

>Before the Greeks excelled in science and philosophy, culture was blooming in Mesopotamia, located between the Euphrates River and the Tigris River in present day Iraq.

>This region, known as the cradle of civilisation, was the seat of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, which lasted from around 900 to 612 BCE.

>Some historians consider the kingdom to be the first true empire in history and many Assyrian kings and cities are described in The Old Testament.

>A Danish Ph.D. student has now analysed clay tablets from the Kingdom’s heyday, in which a man called Kisir-Ashur documents his education to become a doctor, and how he combined magical rituals with medical treatments.

>Some of the concepts of illness described by Kisir-Ashur and in other, similar texts, were perhaps handed down to the Greeks.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2013/aug/08/richard-dawkins-twitter-row-muslims-cambridge
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Mespotamia invents medicine as a study

lol how will Eurocucks recover?

My ancestor :)

>a civilization that started much earlier than the later ones somehow started various schools of thoughts earlier than the later ones
>This is somehow amazing

Normies, everyone.

that tablet isn;t right then. Egypt was the birthplace of medicine

>Eurocuck gets triggered

t. Herodotus

pretty sure that Egypt didn't have much or any control over the mesopotamian river valleys
the furthest north/east territorial extensions of their empire were the coastal regions of the northern levant and the hill country of palestine

It is a widespread myth that Greeks were further ahead of others than they actually were because of their political dominance and Italians/Romans only inheriting from them. Pic related: the immediate side-effect of that dominance.

Greeks stole everything, as usual.

>is a Nigger/Shitskin

Hey Achmed/Kunta Kinte.

theguardian.com/science/2013/aug/08/richard-dawkins-twitter-row-muslims-cambridge

Meme book.

Isn't the term usually used for the older civs there

>Greeks weren't shitskins

WE

Jesus Christ, can you faggots discuss anything without shoving it through whatever ideology you pathetically follow? Nobody wants to discuss history on a history board

>This region, known as the cradle of civilisation, was the seat of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, which lasted from around 900 to 612 BCE.

Is this accurate? I tough the Assyrians were wiped off the face of the earth during the bronze age.

why are you asking these retarded fucking questions instead of checking Wikipedia

I figured it might actually get people talking about the topic instead of shitposting.

Assyrians were on track to establish their empire right before the bronze age collapse but nobody outside coastal areas in Mediterranean or Black Sea got rekt by it.

Mesopotamians are white. Who cares anyways?

Nope Assyrians still exist

"There was a crowd, such as has never been seen at the Pnyx, [385] and the folk looked pale and wan, like so many shoemakers, so white were they in hue; both I and many another had to go without the triobolus." -talking about the women in the assembly
Aristophanes, Ecclesiazusae

nonsense. Greek and Greek civilization was very popular among the Middle Easteners. They didnt like the dynasties, but that is completely different.

this

not even the Greeks themselves said that they invented everything

Amerindians had a higher development rate compared to europeans though.

Egyptian medicine papyruses are older

They were ahead though

>Mesopotamian (obviously) had some form of primitive medicine
>therefore Greeks stole everything from them

That is like saying that we stole medicine from Neolithic Europeans because they drilled their skulls

First of all that wasn't an immediate side effect of their dominance. Alexander immediately regretted burning down the palace at Persepolis. The Persians burned Athens before so this is only fair.

My ancestors :)
I'm so happy that I can finally call Iranians faggots.

>Some historians consider the kingdom to be the first true empire in history

This is the only part that triggers me.

Have these people never heard of the Bronze Age Collapse or the Akkadians? There were a ton of empires before the neo-Assyrians.

The clue is in the fucking name, they're called NEO Assyrians because there were original Assyrians before them.