Why aren't you eating shrimp?

>200 Calories
>48 grams of protein
>2 grams of fat
>0 Carbs
>~$10 a bag
Why aren't you eating more shrimp, Veeky Forums?

mercury

>shrimp
>mercury

Clearly you have no idea where mercury comes from in fish.

Because depending on where you live, you either pay a shitload of money for them or you get the disgusting ones from shrimp farms in Vietnam that live in ponds filled with antibiotics and their own feces

>takes 20 min to take all the ends off

no thanks

this

>Not just cooking them as is and ripping their bodies from the tail with your teeth

You can buy bagged shrimp that's already deshelled and detailed for the same priced as whole.

This

The sodium content is meh

Quite honestly, I love shrimp, but it's not as versatile as chicken and Im trying hard to cut pasta out.

Is that per 100g? If so, that's an insane amount of protein

Shrimp is amazing, and yet I live in Aus where the fuckers are $25-30/kg

I have a natural aversion to buying pre-cooked shit. But I do live in a coastal town. What's the difference between prawns and shrimp?

No, this particular bag has 4 servings at 12g if protein per serving. Eat the whole bag and you have a filling meal that is low calorie and high protein

Because of your import taxes. I'm sure your proximity to the Asian fish market would give you very cheap shrimp.

Too expensive where I live.

>tastes like shit
>literally a bug from the ocean
>God himself told us not to eat this shit in the old testament

I eat whole pound bags pretty frequently. It's my favorite seafood besides scallops. I really wanna try eat about five lbs and just eat shrimp till I throw up

it's $6.99/lb when it's on sale. i can get boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.99/lb.

> that live in ponds filled with antibiotics and their own feces

That's just how shrimp live in general. Is the concept of bottom feeder too foreign for you?

Nah I live on the coast so everything is "local fishermen" which they hike to the fucking hills! I was in Paris for a few days and stumble on a fish market; shrimp was like £4/kg

>1 medium chicken breast
>160 calories

lol you enjoy your chicken fatty

>tfw living by the gulf, get 1.3 LBS bag for $4.80

>Have daily boxed lunch of shrimp sauteed in lemonpepper/herbs/garlic and a touch of butter, a little jasmine rice, and a multitude of mixed vegetables

Small meal but packs a 40g protein for when I need it while staying lean.