/symmetricstrength/

symmetricstrength thread

post em lads

Other urls found in this thread:

rich-piana.com/en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Had a tummy tuck and a broken toe, couldn't squat for too long. My OHP have always sucked. no idea why. Only been training for 1.5 years. I suck at bodyweighted exercises.

>suck at bench and rows
>literal embodiment of SS

i am starting to do bench and row day of program every mon and fri to fix this

>couldnt fit this in

7 weeks of stronglifts w/ accessories

You should do upper body three times a week so you can focus on bench twice a week as well as OHP, that's what I did.

tfw poverty bench.

>tfw your row is literally the same as mine when you are 7 weeks in

how do i into OHP

what is this website?

rich-piana.com/en
Something something piano

>tfw oly master race
>tfw im a chestlette
>tfw i only do this so become a fat immobile powerlifter

desu what helped me was getting some 1.25lb plates and taking them to the gym and using those in my linear progression. 5lb jumps were too much

at least i'm symmetric

My 1 rep max for OHP is 180 lbs, do you think that's close to a 2pl8 push press?

>tfw want to get into oly lifting
>tfw no money for coach atm
>tfw also immobile as fuck

probably, it also has to do with your glute and quad strength since you're driving from the legs, and a little bit of technique. The reason my push press is so much better than my strict press is because my dip and drive from the legs is so strong from my jerk.

>200lb squat
>untrained

????? How much do you weight?

>no money for coach
check local crossfit gyms and see if there is a USAW coach there, or if you dont live in the us whatever your country's equivalent is.
I emailed one near me and theyve been super accommodating since im not doing any of the crossfit programming and just work with the wl coach when theyre there anyway, they gave me a cheaper rate than the crossfit rate.
especially if youre just looking to get into it you dont really need a super knowledgeable coach to teach you the lifts when youre starting out so a level 1 usaw coach will definately know what theyre talking about and if you decide you really like it later on you can seek out better coaching

>5'11"
>210 lbs
Symmetric strength est maxes
>Squat 450lbs
>Deadlift 475lbs
>OHP 180
>Bench 310

mirin ginyu physique

more volume.
add db shoulder press 4x8-12 into your routine.

Tfw finally making it

So you just walked in and they helped you train? Do you live in a big city? That would probably make it easier to find a coach I bet.

bw? hows that proficient

This, mine looked exactly like your 3 weeks ago. went up 15 pounds so far doing 3x a week.

10 Months P/P/L from complete noob

Thinking about switching to Full Body 3x/week. Thoughts?

191 @ 6'4"

this is kilos folks, this man weighs 421 lbs

no reason to be ashamed of being fat (except for those you already know)

but for all you gainlets out there, don't get too worried, this isn't primo alpha male, it's just fatty gains, if you weighed 421 lbs. you'd lift this much this quick too

Nope, it's lbs.

you're older than

Poast physique

>tfw curlbro physique, despite being on strength routine

>tfw almost full yellow man

Does this site over-estimate BP, or is Veeky Forums just t-rex?

27 yrs

> that filename

People swear by volume
Personally, it helped me to do increasing 1 rep maxes ie 60kg,62.5,65,67.5(fail)
I then took 85% of 65kg and repped it for 5(or tried to) and just kept lowering by 85% up to the point you reach failure/weight is too easy. I did this without rest except for changing the weight.

Atm im at 75kg 1 rep and i hit my 62.5 x5
5 goal

Gl, maybe it helps