Why would anyone want to have kids?

>Why would anyone want to have kids?
>I'm rich as fuck, due to my career choices
>I am alone right now though and no relationships
>Currently thinking why anyone would want to have kids? Do you understand what you are doing by having kids?
>WTF

>Am I being selfish by never having kids and supporting a family or are people who have kids the selfish ones?
>How could you ever bring a child into this world and let them have their own life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LiKeMWSIkvo?list=FL6f8X3xVGgZgZ7TY4qUN9cA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some people see it as a continuation of themselves. Creating something better than they ever could have been.

Who are you quoting

It's your biological imperative. You reach a point in your life when you're too old and tired for hedonistic pleasure seeking and you want something that gives you purpose.

Also, you will wish you had kids to take care of you when they do away with that Social Security ponzi scheme and you are too frail to whipe your own ass.

Gotta leave something behind when you die.
Also:
>Why'd you memearrow the your whole post

Can you read German?

>I guess that is what my parents see
>They have done so much for us as kids and they probably just want grandchildren and for me to be normal for once
>I have a career and make a lot of money
>I have no plans for having kids any time soon if ever
>All the hard work they put into me, and the reason I am successful might be because of them

>I'm really high right now and thinking about my families lives
>I wonder what they went through to move to the US and moving me here when I was 10, only reason I am successful and educated is because of their choices in life in their early 20s

>The only reason why I am successful today might be my family raising me
>I'm the only successful sibling and I am the oldest
>I should probably be nicer to my family and treat them better
>I hope they know I love and respect them but don't ever say it

this isnt how you use greentext you retard

as for your question: you're a clueless retard and will die alone
enjoy your hedonism while it lasts
good luck not killing yourself once you grow older and wiser, and realize just how bad you fucked up your life by falling for the childfree meme

>friend got jailbait pregnant
>has to support her and child now
>went ITT tech instead of literally any other college
>80k in the hole
>closed before got "degree"
>works at best buy
>talks about going air force and solving everything
>gets fat
>watch his life crumble while lifting and STEM degree

Stupid fuck haha

Lrn to use greentxt faget

Wow. Having kids probably gives you a reason to live and advance. Holy shit

Emergency protein

>be me>workaholic
>buying property soon
>live alone
>career only gets better
>live alone

Fyi when you use greentext you remove the article, And you don't ask questions.

So instead of
I'm rich as fuck
You would say
>rich as fuck

>I think I will have to pay my parents bills/debt off at this point. I am successful enough to take care of them

ur hopeless

good. please don't reproduce. you're obviously a fucktard.

i knocked up a random sloot to be honest great as my son is the whole experience ruined my life. wasted my mid to late 20's working shit jobs and i had such a great social life before. now im just insecure talking to young sloots because they know my best years are behind me.

I really am autistic, but that's OK I'm really good with tech, and make a great living. I should learn how to live life and probably leave this place. Why do we stay so long? I have a family to take care of and share my life with a normal woman. What have I done with my life except work and spend as much money as I can waste.

Took a degree I thought was somewhat interesting despite its lack of job prospects just to maintain the appearance of normal life.

I want to write novels despite knowing the chances of being successful are 0.01% but its the only thing besides lifting I care about

What should I do Veeky Forums? Work in a job I hate for an arbitrary amount of money or struggle to live day to day doing something I enjoy?

Become self sufficient, then do whatever.

Oh the idea of being self-sufficient is ideal. However realistically it costs actual money to become that.
Also worried about being so withdrawn from society worries me

Damn. I should stop playing and work on my life instead. I have money but no excitement in life anymore

as long as I can still pull a trigger, I'll be fine

>drop out of school at 16 with 9th grade education
>pizza delivery driver until 19
>route ltl driver until 23
>otr reefer atm at 25
>will have enough money to retire on by 27 with house and car paid off
>3 year relationship and both don't want kids
wakarimasen

It's literally the point of being a living thing my man

this

If I'm so old I can't wipe my own ass it's time for me to die

>Buy gun
>Don't shoot self with it
>Don't abuse my gf/wife and shoot her with it
>Don't shoot children with it

Checkmate, gungrabberfags

Yeah living a debt free life traveling the world, getting plenty of sleep, virtually no stress, and fucking copious amounts of women sounds fucking awful. So glad I had a kid instead.

>closed before got "degree"
The college closed? As in all at once and without warning? Damn. Your friend was destined for failure desu.

all ITT techs got shut down cause was a shitty scam of a business

good goy

Find a monogamous long term relationship.
Have children.

What is your career? How much do you make? I need ideas. My current job isn't going to let me achieve my goals.

>He doesn't want to have a daughter
>He doesn't want a blue-eyed Aryan princess to look up at him from a crib
>He doesn't want to dress her up in little sundresses and take her to outdoor festivals
>He doesn't want to watch her grow up playing sports like dad did
>He doesn't want to get mired hard in public when all the quties notice how much fun he's having with his daughter in public
>He doesn't want to hear "I love you, daddy" every day
To be fair, I don't look forward to the soul-crushing day that my daughter gets porked on her 15th birthday by Tyrone

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

Wow, one person won't do all of those things so it means that everyone won't do any of those things!

To each their own but I love my son to death and I love my wife desu. Did you have shitty parents? My dad was great and I always wanted a son to teach and mold/pass down interests and knowledge to. I get home pissed from client related shit late and my kid greets me with a smile and it's all gone. Shit is magical senpai. But, to each their own.

pol is a different board dude

Dude, have kids. You'll regret it if you don't. Otherwise you'll end up 45 years old, wondering what you're going to do with the next forty years of your life if not support the children who you raised with your values and feel an undying bond of parental love toward. What are you going to do? Just keep hoarding money? Yeah, that might be fulfilling to the one in a thousand people who have what it takes to be some CEO, but generally our minds are biologically designed for raising children; your brain will start sending out distress signals to you if you're not on that path eventually (unless you're that 1 in 1000, in which case good on you).

Don't take this as a dire warning though. You've got time, especially if you're a man. Live your life, experience everything you can, and be on the lookout always for someone you're compatible enough with to have children with, and DON'T HAVE THEM until you find that person. When you do have your child you want to be a well rounded and experienced person, with a good partner, so you can raise that child in a stable environment instead of pathologizing them like is the unfortunate reality for so many children.

Let me reiterate, have children, not for your parents, for you. You think you don't want them now but that will change. And it's really only 18 years of your life, is it worth it to just ignore that?
There's no way to describe the feeling of creating and raising a human being, to take part in that circle of life that your parents carried on before you. and when you're on you're deathbed you'll be loved, instead of alone atop a pile of money, Wirth nothing to you in your last hour.

Thousands of years of ancestry has gotten to this point in time so that your genes may live on. Countless stillborn children and mothers dying in labor. After a particularly harsh winter your ancestors probably exterminated a nearby clan so that their children could have enough to eat. One probably worked from sunup to sundown to barely get enough to eat. Somehow they managed to procreate before dying in countless battles and wars. But you have a good job and a nice car and can't be bothered.

My dad often would tell me stories about people he's met on airplanes while traveling for work. 45-50 year old childless professionals, who only have their work. There's a deep sadness to those people, they always wanted to hear about our family and see pictures of the kids, because what do they have to show for their lives? A decent house, and some pricey clothes.
My dad talks about when were really young, how those are his favorite time of life. He gave up being a high level executive to spend more time with us and take a lower laying job, and hes never regretted it for a second. Now I get to watch what it was like for him when were kids as my brothers are starting to have the first grandkids. The absolute joy on his face when he's hanging out with my nephew is amazing.
I've got some really amazing parents. I'm gonna call them in the morning.

>muh genes
shut the fuck up

Who cares? Babies will continue to be born, with or without anti-natalists. Hell, our kids' lives will be better off with less people to compete with when they're adults.

*hugs*

There isn't a lot in this life that is really intrinsically rewarding, long term. You can pick up a sport, get into reading, painting, travel, buy a new car, but ultimately after the novelty fades you're going to realize it is brief and fairly meaningless.

These kinds of realizations are only going to accrue as you grow older and try more "new" things you know you will tire of. But there is one thing that humans have generally found to actually become more rewarding with age: their children. The continuation of themselves in not only genetic but even spiritual form.

It may seem like a "waste of money" and a "headache" now but one day when you're 65 years old and trying to piece together what it all meant you are going to realize your folly.

i think it would be cool to have kids but divorce/ending a civil partnership laws are fucked beyond belief and i'd only ever have a kid with someone who I 100% knew i would get along with forever, not some floozy i met in college and decided was my dream girl to marry at 25 years old (kek)

>am i being selfish...

Yes. But who says you can't be selfish?

>who I 100% knew i would get along with forever,
Problem is everyone thinks this about the one they marry.

i don't think they do, i think many of them are mugs who get married cause its the done thing. i'm sure many of them see marriage as the natural progression of a relationship through time.

If you are wealthy and/or intelligent, it is you duty to have at least 3 kids to keep up with Juan and Pajeet

For me it's that I like kids.

I like the ability to shape and mold something that will be a better version of me.

I like the idea that I can teach something new things every day. I like the nerdy stuff so going to the science center, museum, film festivals will be a great experience with someone who will literally ask me so many questions.

I can bestow my knowledge and hopefully in the future they will be able to teach me and they can show me new things. They can take care of me as i took care of them.

I am literally afraid of death. No fears other than death. I am afraid of the nothingness of not existing. Me creating life will let me live on in some manner. And hopefully it will give me some comfort on my deathbed.

What if my kids turned out ugly, beta or a loser? Some alpha, cool dads with attractive and feminine wives end up having to raise neckbeard losers.

I want to have at least 4 kids, having a large family is the gretest thing ever, the only people that don't think so are faggy ass only children

Big question for whether or not you want kids is if you see the world getting better or not. Fuck if it's going to sort itself out, and I'd rather melt in a nuclear explosion by myself or not have to watch my children die of some fucking disease or biological weapon.

>tl;dr future pessimists shouldn't have kids

>committing genetic suicide
Stop being so gay

You can read about volcanoes whittling down the global human population down to < 10,000 and plagues sweeping through continents and taking 1/3rd of the people with them and you think "our future" looks dire

lmfao

>I am literally afraid of death.
this might help - nothing is the natural way of things, you dare to exist on borrowed time and you have to return the universe back to normal by dying again, but at the end of the day, you've got one over on the universe because you lived and haven't unlived to cancel it out so you sort of win

this

i'd want even more, maybe 6 or 7, boys and girls. it would be cool as fuck

fuck having one kid, i'd feel sorry for them having to spend so much time by themselves

>implying that couldn't happen again

to reiterate his question

>is the world getting better or not

the world has gotten markedly better

I feel a little bad for agreeing with this. It less, "keeping up with pajeets" than it is, I want my ideals to be carried out into the future, not someone elses.

Don't fuck up.

>i'd feel sorry for them having to spend so much time by themselves
Being an only child is fucking GOAT.
Second best is being male with a sister. Gives you confidence to talk to women if you're on good terms.

Why bother learning anything if it's for nothing? We will all be dust soon.

the world is only getting worse. but that shouldn't matter when deciding to have children

All those stats are massive, deliberate misinterpretation of the data at best and outright lies at worst.

Example: the "22 times more likely to be used in suicide etc." stat comes from numbers that are calculated based on the number of home invaders killed, leaving out those scared off by the sight of the gun, those shot at and missed, and those shot and only wounded. Those account for 99% of reported home defense cases; never mind the unreasonable number of breakins prevented by the worry that a gun might be present, which obviously would not be in the data. Further, the majority of that number comes from suicide, and data supporting the theory that lack of easy access to guns decreases suicide is spotty; too many studies found no correlation. Homicide and accident deaths are far less than suicide, but can be negated with the simple gun safety rule "don't be a nigger."

The other numbers are as bad or worse.

Not joking about the "don't be a nigger " advice either. Blacks account for most of those stats, and among blacks the vast majority come from drug dealing teens with bad grades. Literally just by restricting guns so only based blacks and whites have them would make the US gun violence rates better than most of Europe.

Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing.

The biggest folly of man is consciousness

Four or five would be perfect.

Unfortunately I'm 30, so even though I'm making enough money for that many, it's tough to find a woman interested in marriage who doesn't already have two or three of her own. Feels bad man.

Idk, sure would suck to see your kids die with you

everyone dies I hope I'm not spoiling anything by saying that

>Being so selfish that your dream is to become a burden on your loved ones.

Nah bro, I'm sweet.

Yeah cuz it's a burden to help your parents die with dignity *rolls eyes*

do redditors come here thinking they have to write everything in greentext?

"user, don't you get lonely living in that big house all by yourself?"

>"Hell no, if I couldn't come home at the end of the day and unwind by myself, I would go crazy"

"That sounds like a cry for help"

>"Whatever makes you feel better about your shitty life"

"Fuck you, you're an asshole. I was only being nice"

this is up to u to decide my man

maybe u get lucky and ur hard work pays off for your books.

maybe ur a wagecuck for the rest of your life

life is unfair and most of the times people cant get shit

from a guy who had big writing dreams but am a wage cuck now who just enjoys vacations and experiences

just live your life :)

Goddamn, relevant clip

youtu.be/LiKeMWSIkvo?list=FL6f8X3xVGgZgZ7TY4qUN9cA

yeah these things are nice, but you're right. You are just long term cucking yourself. You raise a woman just for another man to pork. Better to just have sons

i like to think of it the other way, we only have a limited amount of time living, even with the advancements i think we should maximize out time here and have the best time possible

i would give up everything to spend more time with my friends and family. i never stress about having this or that as long as the most important people are next to me

how much is enough for 4-5 kids in your mind?

If you go out shitting and pissing in a diaper or bed pan, there is no dignity.

And yes, you will be a burden on your loved ones.

You watch too many movies and are a fucking retard

Sounds like you have some perfect idea of a death scene where you pass away peacefully in a sunlit room while loved ones circle around you and think of found memories.

In reality your very close loved ones will visit you in the hospital for maybe an hour a day, 3 days out of the week, and you will die alone in the middle of the night or during the day when they are at work or school.

Fuck everyone in this thread with their advice. Look user, the world is going to shit, why throw your shit genetics on the pile? You can't even post properly. Just let the niggers and shitskins go fuck up the world while you stack money and fuck bitches. You'll be 45, in good shape physically and financially, and all the cuck Dad's will be jealous. You won't die alone, you'll die happy.

My parents have done a lot for me. I promised I would pay it forward.

Also I think they can be pretty hilarious and cute, and I want to experience everything the human life has to offer.

Nice projection. Dying isn't some tragedy, idiot. People have done it since the dawn of time. I love how dramatic you made your little death scene scenario. You really have no idea what life outside of your TV shows is like

>secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.
>Literally billions of shitskins and chinks
White people got 15 years left

Death isn't the issue, it's the transition. But you romanticize the idea of death too much to realize that.

You are a faggot and I'm glad people like you don't make the laws.

I take it you've never had any crusty old relatives that died at home and not plugged into a billion machines in a retirement prison? We all die alone, but it's not necessary to live alone.

Where did I romanticize anything, you fucking retard? In your strawman of what you think I think based on the TV shows you watched? Is this your normal mode of communication, to make shit up about the person you're talking to and act like a child? Grow up, you fucking retard

lol u mad

I want to adopt one when I'm a bit more older. There are bunch of lonely babies and kids waiting to be adopted at the orphanage, and I really like the idea that I don't have to shit them out of my self. Maybe when I'm 30 or 40 I'll get serious about adopting.

Good luck being the perennial clown that nobody takes seriously

Buddy even CEOs have kids. It not fucking hard for them, They LITERALLY get the pick of the litter.

From your posts:

>Death isn't some tragedy
>Being a burden = dying with dignity

Romanticizing, Defintion: Making something seem better than it is.

Checkmate faggot.

What TV shows has someone shitting and pissing themselves while dying alone in a hospital bed?

It isn't a tragedy. it happens to everybody and it's not a big deal to someone that doesn't watch a ton of movies. And "being a burden" is a phrase that only ever appeared in your posts. I would never use the term, since I'm not a moron

>checkmate
you're a child and you can't even read

One really isn't enough desu