That girls who asks you to spot her doing 50lbs bench press

>that girls who asks you to spot her doing 50lbs bench press

>not taking the opportunity to shove your ballsack in her face while she breathes deep

>not spotting your girlfriend with a 40 pound straight bar because shes too weak for the bar
>not getting motivation kisses from gf between sets

What's the problem? You know girls are weaker than men right?

>first month in the gym
>failed my last set @ 55 lbs bench press
>couldn't tip the bar over to escape
>had to scream for help
>5 guys ran over to save me
>they start lecturing me about benching too heavy and that I should use dumbbells instead
jesus christ this will forever be the most embarrassing experience I've ever had. My max bench is 90lbs now so I didn't give up, but the memory makes me want to kill myself.

Jesus Christ you sad individual

I will never understand how adults manage to live their life in such a way that they're unable to at least bench lmao0.5plate for reps the first time they come to the gym. Have you lived your whole life not picking up anything heavier than your toilet seat?

>that guy who puts his finger on your bench press but says it was all you.

[spoiler]i'm a girl and you have testosterone privilege shitlord[/spoiler]

i forget what board im on every fucking time

Who here /ricardoohara/?

Me... OP here

Rest in piece, sweet prince

A lot of people have embarrassing memories, I know I do, keep thinking about it so you can push harder next time.

>that girl who uses a belt to squat the bar

tits or gtfo

this is a blue board

Well you're giving me blue BALLS.

ok realistically I think I could probably bench at least 100lbs but I am also skinny weak manlet

what is proportion of skinny guys in gym? i feel awkward

she wanted your balls on her forehead you fukin idot

lol

He said adults not adult men you wimpy fuck.

>55 lb

OMG that is the bar with a 2.5kg weight on each side.

Cringiest thing Ive ever read lmao.

BTW my most embarassing memory:

I had chronic stress and was only eating 500 calories a day and sleeping 3 hours a night when I was going to the gym. Was on the verge of suicide every day.

I went unconcious a few times. I remember passing out after squatting just the bar, waking up with my face in vomit on th floor, with several people circled around me asking if I was OK and how they could help.

I still go to that same gym and now I squat about 80kg (should be more but I dislocated my knee and damaged adducter recently)

>that fat girl that wears wrist wraps to bench less that you are overhead pressing, but claims its ok since she is a powerlifter

>counting the bar

We all start somewhere man.

People in the gym don't really give a shit how much you lift.

Also if you aren't able to do the last rep, that just means you gave it your all.

Look up the roll of shame, it's pretty easy to do

>tfw failed at 115, unexpected and didn't have my spotter because it was only second set
>probably could have rolled it off
>guy walking by right then helps me rerack it and the guy benching next to me notices too
>tfw 2 scared to even do my second sets without a spotter now

If I have to do this again I imagine suicide is the only option right

i believe in you brah :^)

who the fuck doesnt? ur just gonna pretend that those 45 pounds isnt there?

The bar has weight so why wouldn't you count it?

>that Eastern Euro guy who wears an adidas bumbag and lines all his supplements up next to the power rack, moves all the benches out of the way and shadow boxes in front of the mirror
>that chinese woman with a delusional black bf who thinks he's going to be a pro bodybuilder, she only uses bands and wears gloves
>the couple of guys in jeans who frantically pace around the gym using every bit of equipment with terrible form
>that girl who wears neon tape around her shoulders and chest who does half rom shrugs whilst shouting and throwing her head back and forth like an excited chicken
>that guy who attaches bands on the power rack and does quarter rom pistol squats on one of the ball things
>the middle aged woman who is getting ''physiotherapy'' from one of the PT's who keeps touching her ass and legs doing basic stretches for £30 an hour

This is just from my session today.

Jesus wept, Phoenix Gym Norwich.

Makes more sense why 5 guys came rushing to save you

Use the safeties nigga. If your bench doesn't have them use a power rack or something. Bench in the squat rack if you have to. Tell the gym owner there needs to be a bench with safeties. With them you don't have to pussy out of your last rep even if you think you can't make it.

Serious question, what are your lifts?

lol, by that logic you should also count the weight of your arms

go away scrub

It's a college gym and there's no safeties on any of the benches surprisingly. Also the benches are on the other side of the gym from the racks presumably so no one uses them. No retard is going to drag a bench all the way over there and I haven't ever seen anyone do it.

They really ought to have those safeties I can't imagine why they wouldn't but oh well.

No because you're also lifting with your arms dumbfuck, bench press works your tris too

>implying I don't
checkmate

>1pl8
>strong
lol

I only go to do the spinning classes, just started zumba.

Don't really do any compounds.

Is this achievable natty?

Ah, ok. Good. I dropped my weightlifting program for high intensity zumba a while back and I wasn't disappointed, you won't be either.

bait
but you're not applying force on your arms.

It's probably because bench is a retarded unrealistic move
It's a very fun exercise and important part of lifting though

>mfw I'm a skinny weak manlet who started at 60lbs
>after 2 months I'm reaching 145lbs

It feels so good!

nice gyno

>Counting the bar
>Not just counting weights so you lift more but believe it's less and motivate yourself into improving
You're never gonna make it. Don't you know you're never gonna make it?

Hey guys I didn't lift for a couple weeks, went back into it full blown and tweaked something between my shoulder blades during OHP to where it now hurts my spine to even take a drink. I rested yesterday so I'm good right?

Mate I already made it

HAHAHAH you guys fell for his post! You see, this has been a common meme on the fitness chan for years now, but you are new to this forum and did not know that! Enjoy your humiliation now that you are outed as inexperienced!!!

I implore you to reconsider.

theres a pretty clear difference between 45 pounds and two arms.

Each of my arms weighs roughly 20lbs.

Start counting arms guys.

> armlet detected

this guy gets it.

Bamboozled again

underrated

>tfw can only bench 160 x 5 after 9 months

Do the proper roll of shame next time, push the bar to your hips, then sit up.

>Asian woman with black boyfriend

thanks doc

is that fucking tiina jylhä

voi vittu

>couldn't tip
poor girl at the desk

lol i remember failing my bench and doing roll of shame next to hot girl who was working out beside me. never benched again

Learn to bail. Practice controlling the bar when it comes down and guide it on the safeties.

Also start lighter and work your way up. When you get to weight that you think you'll struggle to do more than 5 reps, ask for a spot.

5x5 is a great program btw. Fastest gains in my compound lifts when I could barely bench the bar. Its been like 4 months since I got off 5x5 and switched but I benched my body weight for reps today and it felt good. Don't be discouraged man

aww buuddy :I

mate those plates have holes in them, if you account for the lost surface that's gotta be around 0.5pl8

stick with it. It will get better if you just stick with it.

Bullshit. I've never had anyone lecture me about to much weight when I fail a rep and they have to save me

SHE'S FLIRTING

You are the worst kind of person. If this is a fantasy for you, it's just sad. If you actually do this, it is also sad.

>first day on SS
>start with the bar
>feels easy, go for 10lb plates
>FAILED THE MOTHERFUCKING REP
>did the rollshame thing

>time keeps passing by
>continue doing muh plg
>now I can bench 195lb
>can't wait to muh 2plate bench
>can't wait to reach eventually 3 plate

yes I'm a woman, just keep lifting brahs we're all gonna make it

You have to post tits now anonette

there are skinny guys in every gym, don't let it stop you from going. even if you don't see anyone around your size, no one really cares about what you're doing

mad respect

It's different when you're a girl. You get offered a lot of advice and help. It's nice, but I'm very self conscious about my form because people give me opposing advice every so often.

trust only good benchers, also check mark ripeptoe vids about bench form

Why'd you scream? 55lbs is the weight of a small dog, wasn't going to crush you.

These are the worst types of people

I know that girl.

Imagine practically spending your life in the gym and getting this as the result.

I was jean guy (gal) at one point. Now I understand what I'm doing.