S H O E S ?

What would be considered good Veeky Forums gym shoes? Do I blow all my shekels on some lifting shoes? Do I get some faggy crossfit shoes?

Please help

Chuck taylors.

Nike Metcon 2's are great for just about everything in the gym outside of heavy deadlifts, which I use an old pair of converse for.

Shilling out for the high level oly or plg shoes is a waste unless you're actually hitting competition level numbers.

Is this a meme? Also, would they work for cardio as well (bicycle, elliptical)?

Thanks for the suggestion. i'm basically trying to decide how much money I want to spend on workout shoes.

Any reason not to wear converse for every exercise?

To me, converse don't feel remotely athletic on my feet. They are very very stable which is great for heavy lifts, but even for walking around the gym they feel clunky. Like you have a board strapped to your foot.

I prefer the metcons because they are pretty stable and still provide some flexion of your foot. Wouldn't spend more than $130 or less than $70. Either overpriced or cheap value imho.

I went to walmart and got a cheap pair of running shoes that breath pretty good.

I use some old chucks for diddlys and upper body days, and I have some oly shoes for squats and cleans because I have some knee problems that limit my mobility.

I have running shoes now, and they don't feel right for lifts. all that sole. no good for lifts.

Would you recommend using just plain running/athletic shoes for regular exercise and cardio, and busting out the chucks for the heavy lifting?

nah, get some high top chuckie t's. great for lifting

That might work. I already had a pair of running shoes when I got the metcons so I was less concerned with running in them. I really like using them over running shoes because any standing lifts feel better to me.

My autistic two cents.

the autism in me recognizes and celebrates the autism in you

Running shoes if you plan on running.

Flat shoes are good for deadlifts, but you can also do those barefoot.

Heeled squat shoes are great if you want to squat and have shitty ankle mobility.

Really depends on what sort of a program you want to run and what your individual needs are.

chuck taylors are awesome, i use them for the gym.

When im in public going out with friends, i wear my chucks with a pair of dark blue or black slim jeans and a solid color tee (usually white or grey).

running shoes are worst option for DL and squat

V I B R A M S
I
R
G
I
N

wear shitty sneakers from vietnamese vendor for 50crowns (down from 100 czech crowsn, approx 4bucks) and do squats and diddlies in my socks as the gym allows it

Ive said it once and I'll say it again: Asics wrestling shoes. I'm no Asics shill by whatever brand, that just happens to be what I have. They've lasted over a decade, they have a flat and thin sole, plus they're soft and supportive. Seriously, wrestling shoes.

Its a good thing I dont do deadlifts or squats then

Got some cheap ass hummel on.

Feel nice, nothing else.

pp2. pretty cheap and decent lifting shoe

chucks

buy olyshoes if you lack ankle mobility and/or do a lot of squats

I use my running shoes for everything but deadlifts, I do those barefooted.

Stylish and good for running

cringe

ultra boosts

they're great for deadlifts too

>stylish
heh

B O A T S H O E S

not even kidding btw

it doesnt fucking matter what shoes you have then

I wear these boots to work and I find they feel great when I squat down to lift something heavy. They feel really stable and i was wondering if anyone would wear steel caped or general working boots for squats?

I just cant muster the confidence to wear them at the gym

edgelord shoes

Not a meme, no. Good for squats and deads.

Powerlifts 2 if you can find them

i wear pro wrestling boots

New Balance Minimus

ice cleats

>mfw I saw some Indian guy working out in knock off brand timbs

kek, lest one finds the need to squat or dl on a glacier.

I know I know but im honestly curious. perhaps I could lift like JC

just ordered these for 90 bucks. are they any good?

>Nike Metcon 2's are great for just about everything in the gym outside of heavy deadlifts, which I use an old pair of converse for.
Dude, throw your Converse in the trash and just take the insoles out of your Metcons when deadlifting.

Squatting 4 plates here, still in a cheap shitty pair of running shoes I got a few years ago

Stop listening to shoe marketing and just lift

>not doing DL and squats
what the hell you are doing in gym? cardio?

Yep.

CARDIO
KILLS
GAINS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE