pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtu.be/lMxWwHQ7Lrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How's everybody's training going? I PR'd my clean at 107kgs last week and tied my paused front squat PR at 127kgs yesterday, hoping to solidify my snatch tech with some hangs tomorrow.

Cheers for posting OP, beat me to it.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Bump

>tfw horrible at jerk
pls someone help

do more jerks

don't copy this tech tho

I don't get why everybody thinks split jerking is the most technical part of weightlifting, I can get a pretty decent split jerk instinctually, but I still can't snatch worth a damn.

Any of you lads from Chicago? Looking for a gym on the north side I can lift independent at, know any? Not really looking for a club.

bump

finally snatching and jerking again

did very ez 90kg snatch but didnt go further since shoulder started aching

1. Is it possible to learn oly on your own?
2. Where to begin?

>fuck STICKIES

Everett has that shitty book, watch videos on YouTube, read the S T I C K Y

What's wrong with that? He catches it very low, back leg is well bent, front leg has knee behind the heel, arms are locked well, back is strong etc.

But yeah, he's just the best USA lifter atm..

should power cleans murder my shoulders?

No. They feel very comfortable if you do them right.

i wonder what im doing wrong. its when i catch i feel a strain in my joints. could it just be because im weak?

I've met Pyrros once
I sang a christmas carol to him with all my best friends
I was like 11
Best day ever

lol most OWL look DYEL as fuck. hahahaha.

and unproportional as fuck

If you've just begun you're probably doing everything wrong.

Technique problems = pain
Flexibility problems = pain

Keep in mind that there are under 15 years old asian girls power cleaning twice their body weight weight. And no pain at all.

Shoo shoo mirror lifters! How bad is your self-esteem? "Muh body" matters nothing in sports

The tech works for him definitely, but most people don't have his proportions, mobility, or strength. You won't see many world class lifters with that inclined of a torso, CJ being the exception.

probably not the most advantageous angle for most beginners

>not developing calves
>not devloping strong arms
>not develping shooulders.
>only developing thighs and back.

what good is this? you look like a turkey and would be able to defend yourself in a real fight. let alone look god. your muscels are only good for one motion

>wouldn't be able to defend yourself in a fight
What a niggerly reason for lifting.

thats pretty much the main reason for lifting your beta. to be big intimidating and effective if you ever have to rely on your body for some kind of labor, emegency situation, or fight.
the intimidation is a good defensive aspect too.
literaly we devloped muscles for these reasons you dumb fuck. enjoy being a turkey.

Wtf are you talking about
Post me one olympic lifter (who has won medals) that looks like a turkey

I think your view of a powerful, athletic body is fucked. I also think that you suck at sports, but its good that you have your guns right.. hehe

>not developing calves
Google triple extension.
>not devloping strong arms
You can't hold a big jerk with jelly arms.
>not develping shooulders.
Oly lifters have pretty strong shoulders due to all jerks, push presses, presses and eccentric work (lowering the bar down)
>only developing thighs and back
You forgot one thing. We train for a sport. Only developing thighs and back doesn't make you better at this. If your core is weak and you break under a heavy snatch, you need core work. If your upper body strength holds your lifts down, you work upper body.

>let alone look god
Look good or look like a god? Sucks that you have bad genetics and fucked up face. Mirror muscles won't cure that or your low self-esteem

Being fast and having some actual skills is more effective. We don't see many body builders in martial arts / sports

why is snatching so hard?

sn>jerk>clean for sure

>effective if you ever have to rely on your body for some kind of labor, emegency situation or fight
2/3 of those don't include a fight.

Tell me mr nigger, how many fights did you get into after you started lifting?

he's obviously baiting
lifting doesn't help you fight

Is it better to stay midfoot for front squatting or midfoot but slightly towards balls of feet?

I have the weight near the balls of my feet kinda, pushing my toe into the ground, I think Max Aita mentioned it in a video.

if it were easy everyone would do it

>I don't get why everybody thinks split jerking is the most technical part of weightlifting

That's because no one actually believes this you dumb nigger. Snatch is UNIVERSALLY agreed on by actual coaches, lifters and fans as the most techincally demanding lift.

It's a complex movement pattern that needs focus and concentration along with mobility that most people don't have out of the gate.

I know he is. I just wanted to see him backpedal into say "n-no fights, but t-that's because I'm b-big".

i believe my technique is correct, im doing everything as per rippletit's instructions, however i know for a fact i have terrible flexibility so it could be that, ill keep working on my stretches and see how it goes

>Rippetoe powerclean
>Correct technique

No. Fuck off.

oh lord am i wrong? is pic related correct?

>asked my coach to do more jerk technique
>it's going great so far

If Power Clean is a deadlift with jump and catch, sure.

But the Power Clean is just a partial squat clean and when you clean the bar you DO use your arms to pull the bar higher. The degenerate piece of shit DYEL cunt who made that picture, and Mark Rippetoe, are not good sources to learn the olympic lifts. Pulling your torso back along with pulling the bar after it makes contact with the hips is vital to generating enough power at the heavier weights, and my coach (who is from bulgaria, was on the national team for ten years, did drugs and was basically ELITE) teaches it this way too. I used to power clean just like Rippetoe says, and I've compared myself from then and now and I can lift bigger weights (gained 20 kilos on my PC in four months) and I'm no longer jumping and pulling straight up. I'm learning to use more "power" when power cleaning.

youtu.be/lMxWwHQ7Lrs

thank you both, i appreciate it