QTDDTOT

Old one over 300.

Is fasted cardio worth doing or is it pointless?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0
youtube.com/watch?v=wol7Hko8RhY
aworkoutroutine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/triceps-heads.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

e read a lot online that it isn't good to do cardio around the time you lift when trying to build muscle, but my father who helped me with a routine said its important to do ten minutes of like rowing machine before lifting, to warm up. Not sure which is more beneficial then doing it or not..

lmfao, your father is wrong friend

I need to get stronger at pullups (can currently do about 6-8 reps)
I do around 8 excercises every lifting session
>How dumb am i for doing a set of pullups between every excercise?

He's right that you need to warm up, but he's wrong in suggesting that you need to warm up with cardio.

Warm up by lifting lighter weight but doing the same exercises, then do your actual sets.

Will doing heavy rows help my pull up game?

You should be doing cardio in general to exercise the heart
Don't do it fasted
It provides no extra benefits and require more energy which will be equally burning muscle and fat because no carbs (glycogen) to burn
Muscle is easier to burn as well

I've been doing ICF for a few weeks now. I'm wondering about changing it a little so that I hit my arms more often as I think they're falling behind & I want bigger arms.

Current

>Day A

>Squats 5x5
>Bench 5x5
>Bent over rows 5x5
>Shrugs 3x10
>Curls 3x8
>Cable pushdowns 3x8

>Day B
>Squat 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>Bent over rows 5x5
>Close grip bench 3x8
>Curls 3x8
>Hyperextensions 2x10

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

I want to move the curls, close grip bench and pushdowns to a different day, let's call it C, and go

ACBCACx
BCACBCx

Or have the rest day somewhere else, basically hitting arms 3 days a week.

Thoughts?

Why should I not drink diet sodas or things like sugarfree redbull and such (obviously not like a gallon a day, I mean moderately)?

your bench and ohp will probably suffer because you never give your triceps a rest

Is 24 hours not long enough for such a (relatively) small muscle group? I nearly always go between about 10pm and midnight so it would be a solid day between each workout.

Because your body doesn't know how to process artificial sugars as well as it knows how to process natural sugars.
That said, the best option is drink nothing but water but it's boring and not for everyone.
If you have to drink sodas imo drink I'll sugar and clean your teeth 3 times a day

kek

Artifical sugar is still a form of sugar. In fact depending on your body it may actually be worse for you.

About half the population get the exact same or worse effect from consuming artifical sugar to real sugar.

So if you really care, go get your blood sugar tested after not having any soda, then again two weeks later while drinking it daily. If your BS spikes the you know you're one of the people who cant handle it.

I'm at the point where a full body work out is too much of a workload. What's a decent split that uses only dumbells because that's all I have? Is a 2 or 3 day split better?

1. Let's say I do a 3 days a week routine and want to add some volume. Should I add the extra accessories at the end of my usual workouts, or can I do them on my off days, or can I even finish my main workout, go home, and do my accessories in the evening?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm often tired enough at the end of my main workouts(45 min-1hr usually) , but not so much that I couldn't do anything more if I tried.

youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0

My policy is to eat more or less anything I'm offered but never buy anything non paleo. Works out that once a week or so a buddy will offer me a pop or something.

When deadlifting. whenever I finish a rep and get to the ground, the right side of the bar ends up forward and I have to reset position.
I imagine I'm probably imbalanced in some way, but not sure how to fix it.
I'm at around 2pl8. no bully

you can literally do it however you want you could do more work per session or more sessions per week
just hang on to the bar?
try it out i guess

Thanks bro

Trying to do pushups on my fingers but they're currently unable to support my weight. Any way to strengthen them?

Calisthenics + Swimming with no lifting, is it good enough?

what's the best exercise for strengthening grip/fingers?

there's absolutely no reason not to do so provided it's done in moderation

fuckin' bro bullshit in most of the responses

Deadlift, farmers walk. Stuff like this

Hand jobs

for general health and fitness? certainly good enough

most of appearance is diet anyways, looking lean enough to show off whatever you got

Do you count bar weight? For example, I do bench press with 25lbs on each side. How much do I bench?

How to set reps and rest? Say you start with an 8-12 program. do you start at 8 reps then work your way up to 12, then shorten rest? how much rest do you start with?

you bench 25+25+bar weight

you mean rest as in rest between sets?
I would just up the weight once you hit 12 reps and work up from 8 reps again, then repeat

I'm still new to lifting and I'm trying to develop good form habits. I did OHP today and filmed myself so I could check back.

Is my my back bending too much? If it is, how can I keep it straighter? Pic related.

Anyone know any solid gyms to do Oly at in Chicago? I'm moving to the north side soon and need a place to lift by myself (not a club)

I'm not sure if this is okay or not but my muscles aren't hurting the next day after working out like they used to.

Is it because they are used to working out or am i doing something wrong? I'm not lowering weights or reps or anything.

Im not knowledgeable enough to judge your form, but I make sure to squeeze my glutes, have no bend in legs and have tight core while I OHP so that my back does not bend.

your body gets used to the volume, so I guess its not a problem when you are still progressing.

Can I do SS & Intermittent Fasting @ the same time.

I used to lift all the time but then got semi-fat and weak, I'm 5"11 and 100kg's right now.

I know I'm gonna recover my strength quickly but I'd like to lose fat at the same time, and quicker than just eating at a deficit. I'm currently 30% bodyfat. What do?

Can I use exclusively switch grip on deadlift as long as I alternate hands?

Check Alan Thralls videos on OHP. Start with this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=wol7Hko8RhY

thanks mang, i see someone answering a lot of questions each day, is it you?

The triceps is not a small muscle:

aworkoutroutine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/triceps-heads.jpg

Let your muscles rest, thats when they get bigger.

So.... no?

I went to the gym for the first time today, I could barely bench press the empty bar and doing curls with 5kg dumbbells felt really hard

Is this normal?

if you're a skeletor and/or barely had any physical work at home then yes.

I was pretty much the same and i can tell you that if you continue working out, you'll notice the first changes pretty soon, give it one month or two and you'll notice you're way stronger than you're used to be.

>one hand OHP a 2 wheel dolly

jeez that was tough.

trying to find household misc stuff that I can lift

I need something good for curls

Haha no propably not, im lifting for like 6 weeks and I dont visit Veeky Forums that often.

You mean pull up game as in pull up the exercise?
If so, why shouldnt they? Both work your back and depending on the grip your bicep to some extent.

fill a bag/backpack with stuff and curl it

Cut or bulk?

Yes but best is to use both hands pronated until weight gets too heavy

Yes

do i have wide hips or am i just a fatty? also since im obviously pretty dyel what would be better for aesthetic gains bro split or something like ppl?

Should I fuck this super hot russian hooker tonight for £150 an hour? I'm sitting on a 35 day NoFap nut.

Id say that you are just a fatty. I prefer ppl over a bro split.
You hit your bodyparts more often and I think that you, as an unexperienced lifter, dont need to rest that long yet (6, days for one bodypart).
But in the end do whatever you prefer

i have been doing bro split for a few months now and my lifts have gone up quite a bit but im not really gaining any real weight so im not sure if im actually putting on any muscle

Use protection

Does body weight have a tendency to increase during very hot weather? Possibly from the increased water retention to avoid dehydration or something like that?

My weight recently spiked like 8lbs. It keeps going up and down according to the scale. It was 4.5lbs lower yesterday than today and the only difference in lifestyle is that it was hot as fuck out here yesterday. I also looked much dryer in the mirror yesterday too.

Are you eating in a surplus, deficit or maintenance?
Also I wouldnt worry too much about your weight, do you see progress in the mirror?

Yes but not 8 lbs
Salt + Carbs + water maybe

yes there is definetly muscles appearing that i didnt have before when i flex, eat at about maintenance i would guess, maybe only a small amount above that

Well I wouldnt worry about it as long as you are seeing changes in the mirror. Do you plan on cutting anytime soon?

havent planned on it, i dont think i have built up enough muscle yet really, and im not interested in being insanely lean anyway. eventually i would just like to be lean enough to show some abs but thats as far as i would cut.

Hey guys. I'm on mobile. And I've been trying to get the downloads for overcoming gravity and foundation. But I think tmobile doesn't allow p2p. If I use Wi-Fi. How can I use the links(?) provided in the op? Those aren't your usual (www. whatever .co m) Do I just Google search or something? I try to use Utorrent. But I honestly don't know.

Also. I thought I was in the bwg. My bad. None the less. Question still stands.

>don't lift for a couple weeks
>go full bore 2 days ago
>tweak something between shoulder blades
>rested yesterday
>hurts spine to drink or eat

Gonna stick to pushups today ya or nah?

How much do macros really matter?
Mine are 50 fat, 25 carb, 25 protein (180+ grams per day of protein), and I get complements all the time now about how big I look. Could I be doing better?

not that i am an expert but that sounds like a decent split of macros to me

I'm always recommended more from carbs than fat

Lets say I basically trained only a single muscle group and nothing else, would it grow faster than if I did a full body workout with the same focus on that muscle group?
Like if I did a few sets of ohp instead of a few sets of squats and ohp, would I see the same gains on my delts?

oh right yeah i miss read that, i would swap around carb and fat percentages, but hey do what works for you bro

I've been on my first cut for a week already and it fucking sucks, I just came from the gym and it's the first time I've failed doing chest in months and I'm feeling tired, what to do?

Someone told me to time my meals before the gym but this contradicts the 6 small meals with protein through the day routine, any other tips?

what's the difference?

How high is the deficit and how do you split your macros?
Why do you insist on eating 6 small meals with protein through the day?

like i said not an expert, but from my understanding carbs are the bodies best source of energy, so the logic would be more carbs makes for more and heavier lifts? fat i think is also used as an energy source but isnt as good or takes longer to break down to a usable substance or some bs

What if I only deadlift as my only leg work out?

will I fuck up proportions or something like that or am I fine on deadlifting once or twice per week(depending on the week) at 1x5?

you dont really need 6 small meals a day that is just supposed to stop you from feeling hungry all the time, it might be better to eat more before the gym so that you can have energy to do your lifts

why do you only diddly for legs tho o.o

If im not mistaken they mainly work your hamstrings, so your hamstrings would eventually overpower your quads.
Just dedicate a day or two to legs or incorporate some leg exercises in your routine.

I like symmetry and my legs easily out grow my upper body so right now theyre kinda balanced and I dont want to fuck it up

>o.o

get the fuck out

how2maintain balance without really growing legs?

>How high is the deficit and how do you split your macros?
200p/150c/50f, Scooby's calculator put me at +2400 tdee so I guess I'm on a ~600 cal deficit

>Why do you insist on eating 6 small meals with protein through the day?
Someone here meme'd me into it and since I was comfortable with the routine and other people told me it's good to distribute my protein intake through the day I kept it.

redpill me on counting calories on fruit.

I know that when it says, for example, 100g is 100 calories and the whole fish weights 500g then i'm consuming 500calories even if I dont eat the spine and parts of the head.

but on fruit, is it the same? or is it just the "flesh" ?

I wish I could explain myself better but for some reason its hard in english

>Been powerlifting for 1 year, made some solid muscle and strength gains
>Get selected for spring rowing (7 week rowing introduction for motivated students) at the university rowing fraternity

I started rowing this week and I really want to row, because I just love the brotherhood and being on the water with your buds. I already trained 5 times this week (3times on the water, 2 times on the erg). However, will I lose my gains if I stop working out in the gym and instead train 5 times a week on the water and on the ergometer?

A calorie from fructose isn't much different from one from sucrose apart from the fact that the former comes with lots of fiber and thus the its lower glycemic index, although you should take everything with a grain of salt to avoid cheating yourself and get some sugary juice using the excuse it's fructose.
Also dem vitamins

workout legs only once a week, or once every second week???? its not that hard dude. cutting a bunch of exercises from your leg routine is probably the worst way to keep your body balanced

will legs grow if im on a bulk but squatting the same sets, reps and weight?

If I eat an orange, I only track the weight without the shell.

I would stop eating 6 times a day at only 1800kcal.
Maybe fast in morning and consume your kcals in the second half of the day.
Something like intermittent fasting or renegade diet

I meant like for example papaya, it has like 46kcals per 100g

does it mean it's 100g of only the flesh or the whole thing(skin included and seeds)

Squats really kill me, I'm only doing 60kg + bar weight for 5x5, I'm tracking my calories and macros so my diets on point, but in saying this I've only just started lifting again and I'm on my 2nd workout day this week. Any suggestions? I don't have a squat tower just a squat rack so if I drop the bar it's gonna be a shit show so I can't really push myself as much as I'd be able to if I had one with safety rails

Is it alright to substitute the bench press for dips + cable flies? I'm currently doing it 2x a week, while doing ohp 2x a week as well.

5'11 197lbs 22% BF

what weight should I shoot for if I want to cut to 12%

You can dump a squat bar pretty safely. Sure it will make a racket but you won't get hurt from it. I dumped a 90kg bar off my back three times last workout, got stuck in the hole doing pause squats.

I'm /homegym/, my dad doesn't want the flooring all fucked up

can i squat everyday for mass gain using prepilins table ?

I do SS and also curl/french press
Every lift is fine, except for biceps curl, since I got top notch Auschwitz arms and whenever I curl I get massive pump in my forearms, which is sometimes painful
And this keeps happening for some time
Shall I continue curling or switch to some other exercise for biceps?

Squeeze your ass down and forward

how can I make my V taper stand out more?
oblique work? if so what exercise to isolate the obliques

Anyone has the Chocolate Smooth Impact Whey Isolate from myprotein?

want to look at the nutritional values to see how different it is from non-flavoured.

looking for some whey I can add to stuff or just drink on its own that doesnt taste like pure trash or just sweet

Some of the dumbbells at my gym have ridiculously thin handles, to the point that I'm having trouble gripping them properly. wat do? Should I get those fat grip things?

Is Greyskull LP good for a recovering fatty? My legs are fairly big, and the attention to upper body sounds appealing. Has anyone had any success with it?

I guess I somehow hurt my adductors (light pain when stretching, feeling uncomfortable), however I can still rotate my leg inwards/outwards without sharp pain, I only feel slightly uncomfortable.
I dont want to test the limits, because I dont want to fuck them up more.
So is there anything I can do except waiting?
I guess I cant do any lower body excercises anymore, correct?

Is there any evidence that wide grip dips can increase the gap between your pecs ? Or is it all bullshit

Sounds like bullshit to me. Pecs attach at the sternum on each side. Cant really manipulate the attachment or sternum itself