I've been trying to do handstands starting from the ground, but can't seem to push my body up all the way

I've been trying to do handstands starting from the ground, but can't seem to push my body up all the way.
From the video attached, what should I be working on to be able to go up all the way? I would think triceps and/or shoulders.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_7_pXvwN7k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do handstand push-ups against a wall and slow negatives freestanding

An alternative POV

lookup handstand pushup progression and start there. you must be pretty weak if you couldn't even push an inch

I can do handstand pushups against the wall, but when I do this, the area where my shoulder connects to my arm(Medial Deltoid I think) hurts.

OP, you look like the guy who fucks BlancNoir.

Also, your legs need to be straight not bent. Will help with balance. Try to engage back muscles to help stabilize.

gotta work on your core strength, too. you're gonna be flexing basically the whole time

in this video you can pinpoint the moment (~0:05) that your hips go over your center of mass - that's why you fell forward. your torso wasn't over your shoulders, so as soon as your hips tipped it was game over. work on getting solid form up against a wall, and learn what it feels like when your torso is upright, your hips are in the right position, your legs are extended and your core is fully flexed

fucking degenerate

[spoiler]good taste, only issue with the vid is no cameraman means it's mostly pov

Will try to focus on getting the right leg movement.
And I wish I was fucking her. Love that scene in the kitchen that's posted all the time.

In that one, it is definitely my back messed me up, since my legs just go over my back and i lfet myself fall. But if you look at my arms, I try to push up and only move up by a few millimeters.

Anyways, I'll have to do some standing pushups on the wall and see what I can do.

>it is definitely my back messed me up
i suppose you could look at it that way. either way, your whole torso wasn't straight over your shoulders, so you didn't really have a shot in hell at getting all the way up. your legs also need to be extended

I mean, you can see my back 'double over', and with that, my legs go over. So perhaps my lower back isn't strong enough.

At the point on the left of pic related, should I have extended my legs without moving my back at all?

>you can see my back 'double over'
that's your hips spilling over though, not your lower back

in the left picture you still aren't in a position to extend your legs as your torso isn't upright. you need to be straight up and down with your back or everytime you extend your legs you'll fall

compare to this - you see how your torso is at an angle?

Right, I see.
So I need to move forward more basically,to a full 90-degree angle(or just before)THEN put my legs up?

wall hspu is very different, especially if you have your elbows flared out. in free hspu your elbows are tucked like this youtube.com/watch?v=1_7_pXvwN7k

you just don't have the strength for it yet. like i said look up some proper progression and start working on it. your back has nothing to do with it, it's only there to keep the spine straight so you don't topple over. it's all about your pressing strength. most people with terrible form (banana arch) can still push themselves up.

do you lift weights? try how much you can press. if you can't press close to your bodyweight you probably won't be able to do a free hspu

I OHP 50kg x5, and weigh ~84. So yes, a fairly large difference.
I guess I'll just continue what I'm doing and add in wall handstand pushups at the end of my workout and continued practise with what I'm trying to do

you already have the balance down, now its just the muscle thats left. Do over head presses for a month and you should be able to do it.

ideally it happens in a fluid motion - your torso moves to the right position as your legs and hips get set

but for starters, yes work on getting your torso to a 90 degree angle. this is easiest up against a wall

start tucking your elbows in when you do them. or keep doing those isometrics from crow stand, they also build strength even if you can't push yourself up. as long as you are giving it your all you will slowly improve

>or keep doing those isometrics from crow stand
Do you mean when doing the crow stand, do them as if I'm doing an OHP? i.e. wider arm

nvm, I understand. Yeah I'll definitely keep trying them for practise of the movement and to boost strength

no what i mean is keep trying to push yourself up from the crow stand like in the first video. even if you can't push an inch off the ground you are still getting stronger as long as you are giving it your all although slowly.

your best bet is to do wall hspu and keep tucking your elbows in until they are how they are supposed to be. elevating your hands to get a greater depth is another option.

GET THE WEIGHT OFF THE BACK OF YOUR HAND
IF IT'S NOT ON YOUR FINGERS YOU HAVE NO BALANCE REEEEEE
Also practice tuck planche holds into ->
tuck planche kickouts. You're close maybe 2 weeks tops if you grease the groove.

Right. Great.

Thanks for all the help/advice.

I'm like 84kg, I highly doubt I'll be able to do tuck planche kickouts any time soon

1. Do a tuck planche for 5 seconds
2. Kick your legs wildly backwards, and hope you end up in a plank
3. Repeat till you end up in plank, then repeat till it's easy
4. Do this from a frog stand
5. Drink some chocolate milk you earned a gold star
Takes a month tops to learn, I OHP like 135 lbs at 190, but can do 10 free HSPU's. It's not about your weight. You have a shitty anchor (PALMS) and can't kick fully because you have no balance.

And the planches will help with balance?

Learning to put weight on your fingers helps with balance. Can you hold a straight handstand without moving your hands for 45 seconds?
If no then imagine the floor is made of sand and your trying to grasp the fucking sand. That's how your fingers should feel doing this.
People do wall HS and become used to putting the weight on their palms, then can't do a handstand without moving around like a drunk person. They don't anchor with finger, just let their body pull them around and make constant readjustment looking ridiculous.
Easiest way to learn is balance is HS or do frogstands -> headstands -> frogstands. If your balance is off on either you won't do them right.