Careers

What do you guys do for a living?
Does your job fuck up your gains?

I've been offered a new job at a hospital. I'll be either working 7 am-7 pm or 7 am - 3 pm.

If I pick the first option I'll be getting more money, but I'm afraid I'll be too tired to even work out afterwards.

why do we always use this image for career threads? like how dnp threads always use the exact same picture of dnp capsules. whatev

I am going to get my GED this month. Living with parents. Dropped out of high school this past year. Going into the trades.

> If I pick the first option I'll be getting more money, but I'm afraid I'll be too tired to even work out afterwards.
This is what will happen.

Don't work at a hospital, all they bring are misery.

Because the psychology of memes

I'm working as a retail supervisor, stay in school kids.

mfw my new job has a free gym in the office

Retail is the worst shit on earth

Night manager at a hotel. Yes it fucks up gains, all shift work does.

I'm gonna work for a company that does micro-processors, it's a fucking huge site and it has a gym.

I work the night shift in IT. I often stay up 24+ hours straight if I have something I need to do during the day and often get shit for sleep. However, when I lift (9am), the gym is empty. Also, since my work is empty at night, I can usually bust out some body weight or kettle bell sets without feeling retarded. So it's a bit of a trade off.

Im considering doing the same OP, currently in nursing school and want to get a PRN job as a PCT. my friend does it for 12 hour shifts and says the time goes by quickly and isn't too bad, but she does nights so your experience may vary

This is right, I used to work at Wally World for 2 years, I got fucking PTSD or something because I hate humans now
I'd rather work in a fucking coal mine

Currently receiving NEET bucks. I get all the fucking time of the day to prepare food, go lifting and enjoy life otherwise. Getting 8-9h of sleep on a consistent basis is also pretty cool.

I'm an electrical engineer for a motor company I also do freelance board design for money.

My gym is right by my work but I've been doing 60 hour weeks or so. I probably get to go 4 times a week.

Med student here. Considering getting into surgery just not to spend all day sitting rofl.

Software Developer. Hit the gym 4 - 5 for days a week for an hour or so at around 6pm after I get home. Previous job had onsite shitty apartment style gym (Rowing, Cables, Treadmill, etc...) used to do that until I quit. I don't get as long / have as much energy to work out now, but have much better options on the exercises I can do.

I'm working in retail at the moment. I'm also in college, but I think I'm gonna get kicked out because I failed all my classes. I ended up going through a major depression this semester.

I feel like I will be at this job forever now.

Fucking kill me

What was your major?

and fuck that, if you feel hopeless, join the air force and train to become an aircraft mechanic.

Audio engineer/admin

I work right by my gym, train around eight hours a week.

Law

No free time

Everyone hates you, even other lawyers.

I was an accounting major.
I've been told to join the force by people on here, but I can't. It doesn't interest me and I also can't leave because I have to help my mom with the bills.

desu I only picked accounting because it pays well and its a safe job. I'm trying to get a better paying job, but no one wants to hire a college drop out whos only worked in retail for the past few yrs.

>busboy
>good shoulder workout when carrying trays
>good cardio from running laps around outdoor restraunt looking for tables to clear
>no lunch break so go 8 hours without eating

Warehouse. Nightly lifting moderate shit for a few hours. Makes me too worn to do shit when I get back which sucks because my dumb bells (only 40lbs each) are collecting dust.

I'm starting medical school in August, I hear it's bad for gains unless you get into a tight disciplined routine.

So I'm gonna start hopping out of bed at 5:30 and heading to the campus gym, working out and showering there, and hitting the books by 7 or 7:30. I've gotta do something for me and I feel like my retention is better post-workout so it's fine but the transition might suck for a few weeks.

wtf are you talking about, loads of people join the military to help take care of family members.

If you refuse to better yourself because "it doesn't interest me" then you deserve the life of solitude and despair that's coming to you.

>tfw same
>tfw say im a transit worker when people ask what i do
We are basically public transit for plates

Mid-level government bureaucrat for social programs in Canada like EI and pension and veteran's benefits. I listen to people explain their entitlement and issue payments (or not) based on a branching decision tree.
It's not bad work, though it can get a bit dull. I meet lots of people, most of them decent and nice. The job is 8:30-4:30, it's secure, and it pays a livable salary ($52k/yr).
It's also fine for gains because my time is tightly scheduled, so I eat and workout at the same times every day.

Well I was trying to say that I can't leave my mom as of now. My family is going through money problems and since my mom is getting older and can't really speak English, I have to help her out at a lot of things.

Fellow med student here. Even you're disciplined there won't be enough for keeping track at the gym, most likely. Make a way for lifting without going to the gym, ie chin ups and push ups on study breaks, so your gains won't suffer on tighter weeks.

>What do you guys do for a living?
Labor cuck here

I work in a fireworks warehouse. Lifting heavy firework racks and loading trucks every day.
It sucks sometimes because my coworkers are dumbfucks and I'm the only one going to college.

>Does your job fuck up your gains?
A mix of bullshit here

It's a heavy lifting job, so it helps keep my arms and core strong. But it's exhausting and I have to work early early mornings.
Can't workout until late afternoon, so it's hard to push myself that far. I do it though because I hate living.

I work minimum wage for this bullshit

I'll keep this in mind but I really want to have a shot at a routine. My school does block exams so the intense weeks will be every four weeks or so.
I dont expect huge progress either way. That'll have to come when I blow my doctor money on a home gym and every workout becomes a nude two-a-day

>work
Daddy is a millionaire, I haven't worked in years

Economist here

8-4:30 errday, plenty of time to lift.

Plus wife is pic related

lol

It' won't be much better for your body. If you sit all day you may be more up for a good workout

>worked software development for 5 years
>left because i was hating life and they wouldn't give me a raise
>haven't been able to find similar work
>trying to get union job in trades
>haven't heard from them months after application process
>considering military
yea, if there's teenagers reading this, get a BA in something useful and do not fucking quit on it. you're worth dick in the USA without a BA.

Good thing I'm 18 so it's a respectable entry job, hoping to become a waiter bredy soon

3 week rotating shift pattern

week 1:
6am-2pm
week 2:
2pm-10pm
week 3:
10pm-6am

have on site gym so its pretty easy to get a workout in, no excuses

EA to a VP in Healthcare. Just got raise this past Tuesday. Pays pretty well but I'm saving my pennies because Trump.

Using the gym here and it's pathetic. There's a 24 next door I plan on signing up with but I'm too DYEL to make that jump.

Nurse?

I spent about 5 years at Wally World. Safe to say I don't mind dying right now

>join the air force and train to become an aircraft mechanic

Don't do this, ever. They're all miserable with their lives and get the shit end of the stick

Post proof that's you.

You can literally transfer her the pay you get from the army

No fucking wonder you failed you classes your iq must be like 90

otr reefer driver. home for 3 days of the month. hoping to drive non baffle gas in the future.

doesn't fuck my gains up. have a set of 150lb im DBs and a collapsing bench. i get a lot of downtime while being loaded so i do my workouts in the receiving lot or in fields at truck stops. i meal prep nearly all of my food so i never stop to eat and don't really get cravings

RIP your sleep quality

i work as a bricklayer in footings
im 22 and started learning late so the pay is not great at £105 a day, will get it put up to £120 then i will go for higher paid stuff,i work 7,30 to 4pm and im exhausted but its ok, work mates are all down to earth working class people so they are fun to be around

Recently got hired as a correctional officer in a county jail. Now I need to lift to deal with nigger criminals.

I work 3 12s a week which gives me 4 days off to lift.

Bouncer

Its okay

I just got accepted too and I've been thinking about this. My school has a pretty decent gym but I get the feeling it's mostly empty and everyone I've talked to has said that there isn't gonna be much time for lifting :/
It's KCU-COM btw

LMAO do you really think the US government gives a shit about their troops.

Also he said that his mom doesn't know English, so he has to help her out in a lot of things. So how the fuck is he gonna do that when he gets shipped to some shithole country/state?

He's just looking for excuses to not do anything with his life.

>What do you guys do for a living?

why so you can pretend like you're interested?

HA GOT 'EM

After I graduate this Summer I start a job training to be an accountant. Good money (esp considering I did an Eng Lit degree and nobody else I know who did arts managed to get grad schemes) and great money once I'm qualified.

Pilot, USAF

Positives:
It's GOAT for gains. Air Force gyms are nice and very well stocked, lifting culture is huge in the aviation community so gym bros are everywhere, and you're required to work out.

Negatives:
The downside is that your schedule can get really fucky when the ops tempo picks up, or you have long sorties.
Drinking culture is pretty big too, lots of barbecues, parties, nights out, etc., so it's difficult to get really cut.

Did you pass your CPA exam?

If his mom gave a shit about the future of her son, she would fucking learn english. She sounds selfish as fuck

Going cocoon mode this summer
>3 jobs (food for 2, crowdsourcing science platform for 1)
> Biomed major, graduate next semester
>lift around 4 days a week (5 yrs)
>free time Im reading hella and playing old school rs
>no gains lost when u get mad carbs for free at a pizza shop b4 lifting
>if you manage your time correctly your schedule should not be affected
>no gf but I get laid?? Idk I want a gf but there are so many hoes these days im boutta start hitting on church woman

Warehouse associate with hopes of becoming a high school history teacher. Bipolar disorder was a rough patch I didn't see coming.

I'm studying for usmle as a non-US IMG. Tbqh, there will be some time for lifting, but usually is not scheduled (for instance, today I had 3 free hours non-scheduled), so it might be hard to get to be consistent, especially on exams block. Chin-ups and push-ups help a lot in keeping the weights on busy weeks.

right now i'm training to become a professional triathlete. i'm 20 and i already have good swim split times, good power/weight ratio on the bike, just need to improve my run. I'm hoping to be one of the best memers one day, but I have to live back at home in the basement in a shitty state with awful roads so I dont have to work and pay for food / rent. Does anyknow know a decent way to make 1k a month with flexible hours to the point where I can continue to do 14-18 hours of active training each week, along with 8-11 hours of active recovery (sauna / yoga / normatec boots / stretching / ice bath) thank m8s

lpn nurse. Make 32K a year working 30 hours a week. It's a pretty sweet gig.

I get up way early but I get off work at noon so I work out then. All the running around and constant walking can be rough after a leg day but it doesn't really interfere with workouts. What really fucks me up is moving fatass patients around. It can be murder on your back. I've strained my ankle, lower back, elbows scapulae(when a fatass starts pulling on your arms, it can really fuck your upper back), etc. countless times.

RN Student. Between clinical rotations and classes have lost muscle and gained a fuckload of fat all over my stomach. Trying hard to cut and workout like I did before school. Luckily next semesters wont be as busy.

That ain't shit loser

Get this, I'm white, 7'2", 300lbs 4%bf, 12" dick.
I'm currently living in Korea and working as a male prostitute. So many girls want to pay to have sex with me, that I only have to for the 9/10's and up. It's tough, but the gorgeous Korean chicks need love too.

Everyone at the USMD I'll be going to tells me that the best way to stay sane is to keep up with one hobby.
Man Veeky Forums has a lot of student doctors. We oughta make a thread sometime.

Good luck as an IMG. The coming ACGME merger does not bode well for you guys.

I work for rail in Australia
70k plus at the moment if I get this promotion I am going for that will double.
My hours are a mess somedays i work 12 hours other days i work 5 hours. But its worth it i only spend 60% of my pay
(new to lifting)
no gym bros yet had to move for the job but i live across the road from the gym now
Going to start hitting the gym harder cause why not I my spend my free time shitposting and no real life friends may as well get swoll.
I have hired a pt to teach me to gym with out hurting myself.

Audio editing for an outsourcing company.
Fuck my life, I enjoy the editing but the shit they send us and want fixed is pure garbage.

>Send application to different company
>They call me up and I go to interview
>Haven't called back since
Honestly really hope I don't wake up one of these days.

make 32k processing dental claims

i'd be happy with 50k but it gets me along

I'm going to school 4 days a week, im in the gym 4 days a week(2 hours each time) and I work the other 3 days. I'm seriously considering only workin omen day a week because bulking, gym, school, and work Is starting to over whelm me.

What do bros? I don't wanna give up lifting.

I feel your pain

>pls clean up this dialogue
>btw we recorded it on a Zoom standing ten metres away in a crowded Arab market, but you can totally fix that
>also it's four hours long and we only have $100

check'd
Thanks. Despite comparatively low approval rates for IMGs (40-60%), this value is actually way higher (2-4x higher) than approval rates for a good residency program at my home country (Brazil)...

I work at a pharmaceutical company. 9-5 daily and I can work from home once a week. Doesn't impact my gains.

Why tf would you drop out of high school that is so retarded just go for the one year you have left (assuming your 18).

Convenience store clerk. Its pretty comfy. Ill be quitting in a few months to go to college though.

I work 3-11 so it works pretty well with my gym schedule. I go to the gym at 11, work out for a couple of hours then shower amd go to work a mile down the road.

Ahh I see. We'll kill step bro.

I contract to a government agency, making over 6 figures atm. quitting soon to go traveling and possibly emigrate to another country. tons of time for gains, because I work a basic 9-5

whats her stack breh ?

I got lucky and got a job in San Diego that pays way above my education (didn't graduate college) but it's only gonna last for 3 years and I'm already 25 now so I have to go back to school for something

just gonna try to enjoy it while I can, idk what I'm gonna do after

couples that roid together stay together

I'm a mailman it fucks up my gains.

> doing great cardio for hours long everyday
> likely can eat anything and still be lean
> no need to train calves

explain to me how does being a mailman fucks up your gains

bump

work from home
gym in my building
go outside once a week to aldi to load up on brown rice, chicken and broccoli

bretty good setup i reckon

I got my dream engineering desk job.
I've gained ten lbs. Kill me Veeky Forums.

London?

Any other consultants out here?

It fucks up my gains in that if I wasn't working 60+ hours per week, and traveling all over the world, I would lift and play sports every day.

I don't get to lift on Monday or Thursday because I commute from Chicago to San Francisco, and it's hard to play sports in organized leagues away from home.

I've had to take up running, since you can do that anywhere.

All in all, I run 6 miles before work except Monday and lift afterwards.

You must be a genius

host at a restaurant + getting my masters in accounting. not really.

starting big 4 audit next summer. that WILL fuck my gains up for at least the duration of busy season.

Carpenter framing houses for $18/hr. The work is GOAT for shoulders, traps, and forearms but absolute shit for the joints. But it's honest work 7-330 mon-fri so I have no problem lifting 4x a week and it pushes my TDEE through the roof so I can eat and drink a ton while staying lean.

Fulltime leeching off my parents. Comfy as fuck

Just got a job as a front desk clerk at my gym, it's pretty sweet, free membership included.

Studying pharmacy, am i gonna make it or will i be stuck in a cycle full of getting cucked

systems engineer
cozy desk job
landed a job elsewhere making 75k/yr

Data Analyst

Would be great but I moved from a role where I was writing code and solving problems daily, to a role where I'm building up to a big problem that is solved at a particular time. It's a pretty huge shift and it hasn't been easy.

I want to get into game development, currently working my way into university to get into one of the best courses in the country.

I do marketing/ads for a motorcycle company. I like it, and it is a field I'm pretty comfortable with, but I have no real plans for staying with it.

I went to school for writing. Outside of lifting, its all I do, but I have no interest in academic work. I am a hopeless comic spaz and it is kind of my dream job, so I have crazy amounts of outlines and scripts just piling up.

Unfortunately I lack any illustration skills, and finding someone else who can has been damn near impossible. I will probably just keep looking for an illustrator or give up and try to not care.

Current premed here. Not completely sure if I want to go the medical school route yet though. Already took MCAT (513) but also really considering pharmacy school for that 6 figure salary. Is the work hard in pharmacy school?

Welder and part-time grocery clerk.

I work 50 hour weeks welding at a shop, pretty comfy and not that physically demanding unless I need to lift something long, but even then we've got other people who work with me. Only 3 of us work there, so we're bros and it's pretty cool.

I work in a grocery store part time because it's an extra $12,000 per year for working on some evenings and weekends.

I'm also in the local militia (Canadian AMA) and that pays alright like an extra thousand or so per year.

All in all, having time for lifting is no problem either. I workout 3 days a week full body for the last 3 years and still have made decent gains.

The only thing is that after a shift at the grocery store my knees get tired, and my shop doesn't have ventilation so I'm constantly breathing smoke and steel and shit, black boogers suck kek

fulltime nursing assistant. was going nursing but all the nurses i know seem to hate their lives so now i'm planning on being a dietitian.

figuring out how to get all that school done while balancing work, gym, cooking, and everything else is tough.

we'll all make it though, right? :)

I work on the railroad doing track maintenance. When I first got hired I thought it would be a lot more physically demanding but everyone I work with is fat as shit with the exception of one guy who is in amazing shape after losing over 100 lbs. There are days when I work late into the night and just don't have the energy to hit the gym, but it doesn't really interfere with my workouts too much. Solid job, would recommend.

>Copywriter
I either sit in a car or a at a desk for about 11 hours a day, then I come home and sit in front a different desk. The money is ok and my gym is only about 5 minutes away so I don't have an excuse not to visit for at least an hour a day.

Making progress out of DYEL though.