Advice from Experience

ITT we post how long we have been lifting and our best fitness advice/opinions. I'll start

>Diet is the most important aspect of strength training and aesthetics
>Flat bench is an ego lift and is no where near as good other exercises for building chest strength
>you should take up rock climbing for grip strength and back gains

>Flat Bench is bad

well im still going to do it until i reach 2pl8s for reps so i can get bro-status. Bit what, you'd recommend inclined bench or something?

>Has no chest
>Flat Bench is bad

dumbbells are better imo

>t. lifting for two months

>the particulars of your program aren't half as important as consistent progress and the effort you put into it
>when in doubt - 80/20 rule

Oh, also

>6 years

Dumbbells are better. With flat bench you miss the top part of the contraction because you can't bring your hands closer together.
Cable flies are also GoAT

Forgot time
>5 years

keep doing bb bench but just add dumbells to your routine.

5 years for that? lmao post your dyel routine

Been lifting for two years, here's what I've learned:
>upper/lower, push/pull/legs, full body training is far more superior to the brosplit.
>Intermittent fasting isn't just for cutting; it increases GH levels, making it optimal for bulkin as well; eating big meals less frequently is better than eating small ones.
>having some sort of periodization in your program is mandatory for intermediate-advanced lifters.
>cutting carbs and going keto is the best way to cut and feel like an absolute piece of shit

>learn to breathe and brace properly
>grip the bar as hard as you can, muscles work synergistically
>start front squatting
>IF helped me get leaner than ever; whether it was the actual effects of the fasting or the decreased calorie intake I dont know. What I know is that it worked for me

>Reverse Pyramid training is the way to go.
>PPL and Intermittent fasting are not memes. Leaner, stronger, and more aesthetic than I've ever been.
>Count your fucking calories
>Straight Bar diddly is superior to trap bar diddly in every way.

I've done SS, brosplits, SSL, and made my own routines. Tbh it didn't really matter what routine I was running as much as what good I was eating. Protein consumption is #1 importance.

would doing db bench instead of incline decent. im not just yet ready to give up my flat bb bench

I undereat and it's fucked my metabolism and made me gain weight over the past few years.

Any clue how I can make myself feel hungry enough to want to eat more than once a day?

>squeeze your ass cheeks
>use hook grip, the sooner the better
>dumbbell versions of compounds are worth trying

with that body you are in no position to give any advice mate
guess I fell for the b8

You look like shit.

Try switching to flat bd bench for 6 weeks and then switch back to flat bench and see if you haven't improved.

>>you should take up rock climbing for grip strength and back gains
B-b-but i don't wanna die user

well bouldering uses pretty small walls and there are varying levels of difficulty. people who do it have sick core and forearms

Then why are you on Veeky Forums?

>nochest

How bout u bench more than 225 before you claim flat bench is bad lmao