What are the limits of art? Can we call this art? From what point something is art?

What are the limits of art? Can we call this art? From what point something is art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it is sold as art, then it is art.

Someone once said here: This post is art, then screencaped it and placed it on ebay. It was sold for $100000.

Art isn't real. It's all in your head.

post quality is expected user. pls explain or don't post at all

Those were fake bids you literal redditor

>fake bids

>art is only pretty pictures executed in a specific set of mediums

Art is subjective

youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ

Analyze this. It's art.

*farts*

I think the bare minimum for art to exist is the presence of a sentient observer. A sunset isn't art, but if you take a photo of it and show it to someone, there is now an author and an audience. The quality of the photograph is not relevant, because art is not a qualitative term. 'Art' doesn't mean 'good', art can be bad. Only calling well made works art is an unintelligent copout only done by pretentious dunces.

I like this answer

Frank Zappa once said "art is making something out of nothing and selling it"

Depends how much money you can launder with it

I feel like I've seen this before, is it in Berlin?

Frankly, I believe that anything can be deemed as "art: as it is a highly subjective concept, however, onece something can be deemed as such it is up to the viewers and thinkers to deem it as pertinent or impertinent.

if it makes you think and it's sold its art

Just leave /pol/. Your mindset is the bottom of the barrel.

like a poker set

art is a concept not an object. Therefore seeing an object and asking "is this art" is kind of stupid. or some kind of logical fallacy

everything is art

Art is what happens in your heart, objectification of art is misconception pushed for its commercialization. Highest inspiration moments of life can't be sold. That how it lived for thousands of years in traditional culture. It was an experience first and piece of work second.

everything is a concept

/thread

Depends on how you define art.

Now this is fluxus.

Post yfw you realize that Veeky Forums is just one big happening.