Is the 1g protein per 1 lbs body weight a meme

is the 1g protein per 1 lbs body weight a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, try 0.75 g/lb

how much is that for me? i'm 75kg

Bodyfat estimate?

It's more like 1g protein for 1lb bodyweight not including fat. So if you are 200lbs at 10% bodyfat you should eat 180g of protein.

25-28%

bump

Anywhere around 120 grams and you should be solid

thanks senpai thats a lot tho

if you have to take more than one scoop of protein supplement a day, you just aren't eating enough.

also, the whole gram per pound of body weight, whatever ratio, is fucking pseudoscience at best. There is a fixed amount of protein you can take every day and still grow.

he fucked up the calculation, you only need 90-110

thats better

try per lean body mass instead

yes

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Just eat half a kilo of chicken breast and that should be enough.

1g/kg of bodyweight is enough.

what about bones and other tissue?

nice meme

so 70? really?

1g protein per 1 lb of LEAN body weight.

Most of you should be between 100-160g protein a day, at most.

>combats broscience by posting more broscience

It is 0.8 gram per KILOGRAM bodyweight.

Explain this fags.

I ate at a 1000 calorie deficit and lost 50lbs.
Afterwards I was weak as hell and had like no muscle mass.

I ate 1g protein/lb.
It doesn't work.

Your body will just use muscle for energy when the deficit is too high.
There's a limit on the rate in which your body can burn fat for energy. That rate is determined mostly by your overall fat mass. Once your body needs more energy than what you provide with food, and what it can burn from fat, it will also turn to muscle for fuel.

Tl;dr needs more calories

Also most of that protein you ate was not used to build any muscle, it was used as energy, like it was carbs

A slower diet could have saved you

>didn't eat enough fat and carbs so your body had to use calories from protein to sustain itself
>lol why didn't all my protein go straight to my massles guise

noggin stats: joggin

Too high or defecit and when cutting you should be aiming for a much higher 1g/lb ratio. AT LEAST 1.2 but 1.5 would be on the safe side.

The academy of Nutrition and Dietetics reports that bodybuilders require 1.4 to 1.7 grams of protein per kilogram, or about 0.63 to 0.77 grams of protein per pound of body weight each day and that 1.4 to 1.8 grams of protein per kilogram is required to build muscle mass.

Now everyone fuck off.

>1000 calorie deficit

Fucking stupid.

>bodybuilders

it's suppsed to be 1g per kg

Protein synthesis requires glucose/insulin to work. If you didn't eat enough carbs your protein consumption won't do shit.

Pick up any biochemistry textbook, this ain't even broscience, bro

>bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
i second this

>mfw 60g is slightly more than what I need to eat

using per kg, not lb, by the way.

>bodybuilders

A metastudy of dozens of trials shows that muscle gains even in top athletes top out at about 1.6gkg of LEAN mass. Some very, very rare outliers top out at 1.8.

Those same athletes are able to make some very small gains or at least maintain muscle on much less.

This. Eating some carbs with your protein is goat. If you're saying not either carbs or fats you're setting yourself up for failure no matter how much protein you shove into your mouth (or peehole.)

protein provides enough of an insulin response

yes, but I get that much anyway

you were weak as hell and had no muscle mass at the beginning of your cut

1000 cal

hit post too early

1000 cal deficit is not that much, it should be easy to retain muscle on that deficit

the losing muscle while cutting thing is vastly overstated, it does not happen that easily

Do you think proteins only build muscle? Your organs and most tissues need proteins (among other things) for sustenance