BWG

I don't got the links edition, but you guys should check these out.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1hFamafag8

youtube.com/watch?v=0C6nELzuCAI

youtube.com/watch?v=3wae4h9GyKU

youtube.com/watch?v=mj58IdCQoGw

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BSpwjVhBL9I/?taken-by=workoutslava
youtube.com/watch?v=QuHz5mGEH1w
youtube.com/watch?v=g9Qfta0T_ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw finally moved on to freestanding handstand without a wall
feels good bros. I developed lots of bad habits thanks to the wall.

is this Andrea

He's not using any muscles in his fingers, just stressing the tendons and ligaments
All the strength is in his arms and core
By doing this on his fingers, rather than just his hands, he's putting his fingers at serious risk for no reason other than vanity.
Not gonna make it.

why?

because street workout

Cool
instagram.com/p/BSpwjVhBL9I/?taken-by=workoutslava

Been lifting for about 10 months and have made zero progression aside from noob gains; should I hop on the BWG wave?

>zero progress
>aside from noob gains
So you made progress?

bump

how much protein do you eat a day?

I am slacking in the Manna IM department. What cam I do to compensate/ substitute it? It's mostly stretches that look like pic related. I don't have this kind of ladder and the closest substitutes are uncomfortable to grip or unstable.

just lay down and try to touch your toes, then go head to knees then chest to knees. But be careful not to round your back too much, I've pulled a muscle in my back while doing this.

Sounds close enough. I'll give it a try next time.

When are you really ready to start planche training?
I was doing it as a beginner a lot but thought that i should learn the handstand first. Now that ive learned the handstand and have a good back lever should I go for full planche? It just seems so unappealing because I know its gonna take such a long time especially since my calves are kinda big.

I am curious about back lever progressions. It isn't included in Foundation?? Anyone knows why? Can somebody recommend a progression?

You can probably just start with a straddle. My first time trying back lever I was able to hold a full back lever by going down into it and just focusing on my chest and shoulders.

I just wanted to post a video of me.

Santa Monica and Venice Beach are so fucking awesome I wish I could afford to live out there.

Nice, friend :)
Me and my friends were gonna go over spring break but we ended up cancelling last minute. Do you live in California?

Nah I live in the UK.
Was only in LA for two weeks. The lifestyle around the beach is amazing but I couldn't believe how filthy and seedy the city is in general.

Probably will go back though.

Should I just buy wristbands if I'm tearing my wrist skin up on gymnastic rings?
I haven't been training on rings for a few weeks and when I returned to it, my grip started being retarded, although I can still do the movements I used to do.

What do you weight?
How long did it take to be able to handstand

How much do you weigh?

is the proper question

Where are you tearing and from what movements?

What are some good BW excercises to really hit your obliques hard?

Pull ups with bands feel like a completely different movement to without. I can do 2 full un assisted pull ups, what's the best way to increase that number?

>Veeky Forums told me that forearm exercises were what gave you jacked forearms
>exercise forearms for years and no gains
>decide to begin doing pushups on a dip bar because nochest
>forearms exploding in one week
>veins i've never seen before popping

YEARS
YEARS DOING REVERSE CURLS WITH NO RESULTS
GOD DAMMIT

Negatives.

Yeah you should, you can also just wrap your wrists.
Muscle ups usually cause your wrist to tear

Im 170lbs right now
Honestly if i would fully dedicate myself it would take only a couple months at best.

Try doing towel pull ups as well.

1g of protien per kg of bw

You should stop kipping

side oblique pumps

I get cuts on my wrist and i always muscle up strict.

then quit using false grip, or deal with it.

>1g per kg

That's kind of okay, but it needs to be more if you want gains. If you want, write the stuff you eat to get your protein and maybe there is something on which you're missing out. I am pretty sure if you increase your protein to at least 1.5 per kg you'll see progress in a month or less.

Then how will I muscle up without false grip? I'll be forced to kip.
The best solution is wristband or tape.

If you can strict out false grip reps then you can do atleast singles without a falsegrip, or yeah just wrap up.

i can do 3x5 false grip on rings but i cant strict out singles
but i can do no false grip 3x5 on bars

that interesting, what do you think is your limiting factor?

For rings? It's generally very hard to do a no false grip muscle up on them. Just search it up on youtube and all you will see is crossfiters kipping into it.

Ughh i see enough of that shit at my gym, i was curious what your thought your limmiting factors was.

well with the rings the problem is that its hard to pull as explosively and go around the bar. You see during the bar muscle up your body isn't going in a vertical path because the bar is in the way so you have sort of a ? looking path to get above the bar. With the rings you can go inbetween them so your path is vertical. Now to get above the rings without a false grip you would need to turn your wrists as you go up, which is incredibly difficult. Or you can do a ? path like with the bar, but the problem is that the rings are not stationary like the bar so that would be difficult as well.

Right under the palm. Mostly from muscle ups, although on some other motions involving false grip it does as well.

Thanks for the opinion. I'm gonna improvise with the stuff I have home before I'm buying them, though. Might discover something interesting.

I don't kip, bro.

Good luck man. Im always tearing up my wrists during ring training as well, not gonna do anything about it though.

If you've been lifting for 10 months and haven't made progress it's because you either aren't doing it consistently, have poor nutrition or poor workouts/work ethic. Switching to purely bodyweight exercises isn't going to magically change that. I'd definitely recommend introducing more BW exercises into your workouts but it's harder to make gains with BW since the key to gains is good nutrition/recovery and progressive overload which is made easier with quantifiable weights and effective compound/isolation movements.
You should be looking at what you're currently doing wrong, learn and fix that before making the change to BW, getting upset at still no gains then potentially quitting exercise all together.

you seem upset. just quit being a pussy, don't use false grip, or wrap up.

Do you understand how rings work? You have to use a false grip.

I'm not upset, brah.

>don't use false grip
Maybe I don't have the knowledge or experience, but from what I know, strict muscle ups on rings require false grip.

> you have to use a false grip

youtube.com/watch?v=QuHz5mGEH1w

Can you recommend body weight exercises to get more flexible and cum directly in my own mouth

does anything hit upper traps? like shrugs on a bar or some shit??

bend backwards until you snap your spine, then you should be able to reach your cock with your mouth

You can do inverted shrugs on dip bars or rings. I also like to do inverted upright rows.

>inverted upright rows

i dont understand

my bro if you're doing propertly shrugged/protracted handstands your traps will grow

So you go into an inverted hang and from there just pull with your arms

Impressive, but it would be a bitch to do for sets.
Also, you gotta build up to that somehow, you know.

So you want us doing an advanced move and probably hurting our elbows in the process? No thx Jeff, id rather keep tearing my wrists.

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get to one armed inverted rows to fix an imbalance in my lats. Any tips on progression?

inverted row
archer inverted row
one arm inverted row

yeahh i knowi just wrap up or get calluses friendo.

what imbalance? how did you get it?

Does anyone have a bodyweight routine like the lifting threads have, you know like reps and set on alternating days or whatever.

Or does it not work in the same way since you can't progress the weights with each workout.

Well there's foundation which is always being shilled by a wanna be gymnast so you can try that.
But personally I just do my own thing. The only routine im using is pic related for planche

I'm gonna need some background information with this I think.

What's pe? Se? Sac?

I honestly have no clue lol but I can already do full bent arm planche so im not too worried.
Where do you see pe and se?

Second column.

Again no clue lol im just gonna go do the progressions
This is the thread with all the info, you can look in there.

>archer inverted row
>rings

Bar equivalent?

You can do archer pulling movements on bars

one of my lats bulges out more than the other.

happened after a bad case of bursitis.

got worse after a pinched nerve.

ahh. i see now. my bad.

>youtube.com/watch?v=g9Qfta0T_ag

oh fuck are you me

you can do it on a bar

Thanks, I forgot about the archives.

preparatory element. specific element. It's just empty words.

Then what is SAC?

super atomic carbon

It's an exercise. hard to explain. There is a video in the pdf. This is what it looks like

>You are standing up
>You bent one knee at 90 degrees, feet pointing backwards,
>You abduct your knee.away from the body.

here is a front view and a side view. It imitates a straddle. SACs 1-6 are different variations of this. You are supposed to do the between the sets of hard exercises to increase your mobility. It's easier to just download the pdf.

Oh so its a mobility exercise? I dont think I need it, i can already do splits so i think ill just focus on strength training.

Yeah when you look at [] at the top. There is Scapular Shrug and Swivel hips. Everything below Scapular Shrug is for strength and skill. Everything below Swivel hips is done between the sets and is supposed to be mobility work.

Master the frogstand first, then Planche will be easy peasy since you could just start in frogstand and practice sticking your legs back out until you can hold it. It's how I did it.

I find that easy. I can bent arm pike press into handstand so my bent arm strength is pretty good.