From the sticky:

From the sticky:

>Cutting Diet:
>Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
>Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

So I'm 200 pounds, and my TDEE - 500 is about 2500 cals a day
How the fuck am I supposed to get down 300g protein a day, I'd have to eat/drink nothing but chicken and protein shakes all day, is constipation a serious issue for you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
slatestarcodex.com/2017/04/25/book-review-the-hungry-brain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I seriously doubt you should be eating 2500 calories a day

gomad

that amount of protein is a meme

use 0.8/body weight

Pic related
2500 is actually quite lower than my TDEE - 500 cals
I'm getting ready for bed and I've ate 2144 calories and 247 grams of protein and am full as fuck
I do a 3 days on 1 day off repeat at the gym (PPLx) with an hour long walk outside on the off day.
So I don't think 2500 is too high. Am I miscalculating anything? I don't want my cut to be shit because I can't math.

It's per lb lean body mass.

If you are 25% bodyfat at 200 lb, your lean mass is 150 lb thus you would take in 150 grams protien.

1 gram protien per lb lean body mass is fine.

that amount of protein is more appropriate to lighter guys. keep it over 200g and at any weight you'll be fine unless you're extremely active or covered in slabs of muscle.

also, don't take TDEE too literally. there's many factors at play that aren't taken into account and you'll probably have to do a little trial and error to find your true TDEE, although calculators give you the best possible starting point.

>it's another faggot that thinks he counts as "moderately active"
can't really blame you, the name's are extremely misleading

moderately active means you burn 470-580 calories from exercise a day in addition to spending the majority of your day doing physical activity (e.g. being a mailman). an hour walk at your weight probably burns like 250 calories. assuming you're not doing physical stuff the rest of the day, just put yourself as sedentary and add like 200 to the number they give you.

>moderatly active

I know a bodybuilder who only counted himself as lightly active, do you think you work harder than a bodybuilder?

Always put sedentary in those things. They can't accurately gauge what you burn.

Don't listen to these other guys, 2500 cal is a good cutting number for someone 200lbs. I've cut on 2200 cals at a bodyweight of 160 before and lost plenty of weight

Just throw in some cardio after lifting and you'll be fine, and lower calories as you get lighter

>300g of protein a day

Nigga your fucking body can't even absorb more than 30g of protein in one meal. You gonna eat 10 meals of 30g protein every day?

Who was the guido broscientist that conned you into believing you need that much protein? Studies have shown no advantages to eating more than about .75-.8g per lb of bodyweight. You need to start thinking for yourself and not believe everything some idiot at the gym, Veeky Forums poster or some fitness blog tells you.

Jogging/Running for 30 mins + weight lifting probably burns about 500 cals right? And if you do that 5-6 days a week, doesnt that fit? And i work outside 40 hours a week with a 50 pound sprayer on my back.

Hey so if i buen 1000 calorĂ­es a day what option should i choose ? I train soccer and play full 90 minutes matches not op btw

Woah there buddy do you have a license to chum these waters?

>Always put sedentary in those things.
I can double confirm this. You want a base tdee then you can add more accurate exercise figures.

> 30g of protein in one meal
this is one of the most classic examples of broscience that there is.
and op i invite you to read this
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Here's a question, not anyone here.

I work 12 hours a day of manual labor (climbing, hitting things, lifting things, shoveling). And on my days off I lift for 1-2 hours a day.

Never lift when I work.

What would this count as?

im 192b and am bulking at 3500 calories a day. this bulk has been about 2 months and ive gained like 6 pounds and according to my caliper im the same bf% so that means im gaining fat at a ratio equal to muscle gained. i lift 4 days a week, 1.5-2hours a time and do HIIT cardio or about an hour of slower paced cardio a few time a week. otherwise i spend most of my life sitting in a chair

im surprised myself at how slowly i appear to be gaining weight but im extremely autisic about counting, i measure everything. ive been lifting for a couple years so im not a new guy who doesnt know what he is doing. im hungry at the end of the day if have only eaten 3000 calories up to that point

but op needs to evaluate himself and what he does.

I was working out 3 hours a day, six days a week and I had to use, "moderate exercise" to lose weight.

If you're doing 3 days strength training a week use "light exercise". If it's only cardio then use sedentary unless you're running like 10K per day.

192 lb*

wait im tired and bulking is different from cutting. this post probabkly wasnt relevant

The more complicated shit is the less likely you are to do it.

Fuck the sticky, use a calorie counting website and follow whatever it recommends for a normal human. That + cooking the majority of your meals at home will be PLENTY HEALTH.

Just start lifting dude. Once you start lifting and really getting into it a heavy protein diet will follow because it fuels your gains (which is your new hobby that you are interested in)

That is also not optimal. No less than 0.8g and no more than 1.2g protein per lean body mass.

>Nigga your fucking body can't even absorb more than 30g of protein in one meal.

I have no problem making gains eating 100+g of protein in a single sitting (OMAD).

You'd use heavy or daily exercise. The intensity of your manual labor affects the total energy use a lot so the absolute difference between the calculator's estimate and your real TDEE is going to be bigger than others. I'd guess your real TDEE is 4000-6000kcal on work days and something like 3000 on your days off when you lift.

12 hours is along time and, when your energy expenditure is 2-3 times higher compared to sitting for that entire duration, you end up spending a shitload more. Lifting for just 1-2 hours burns quite little compared to that. So there'd be a pretty big difference between your calorie needs on work days and lifting days. If you just observe your weight and deduce your average daily TDEE is X then you'd end eating a slight deficit on your work days and very big surplus on your lifting days.

That'd be fine actually; that might work well as to recomp. For maximal gains in your lifts you'd want to be in a surplus for 2-3 days after your lifting days also. Having vastly different energy use on different days is annoying because observation of your weight over a period of time can only tell you what your average daily energy use was for that period of time. Compared to estimating energy intake from food, estimating the energy use of activities is very inaccurate. So needing to estimate energy expenditure of different activities will cause you to not be able eat optimally even when calorie counting.

In such a case, it may actually be best to eat freely and rely on your body's instincts to get very close to the optimal amount of calories each day. But you'd need to limit yourself to "clean" eating where you don't eat any hyperpalatable foods so that your lipostat works properly in matching your calorie intake to your expenditure.

A book review that explains what the lipostat and hyperpalatable foods are:
slatestarcodex.com/2017/04/25/book-review-the-hungry-brain/

thank you dr.broscience

>You gotta eat big if your want to get swole jelly rolls
Retard. But I guess I shouldn't have said "no more than." that limit is just a suggestion.