bbc.com/news/world-europe-39821036

Its happening

First they became fat
Then fat became the norm
Now fat will become law

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-39821036
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe being extremely skinny is extremely unhealthy? What a novel thought.

kys you retard.

Because being extremely fat is healthy for you.

Veeky Forums go back

methinks that you should be neither and just eat and act as a human fucking being should act when they aren't being gluttons or vapid

For an industry that has had some actual problems with anorexia in the past this is not such a bad idea. The responsibility of determining health is on actual doctors and not BMI in this bill, which is the way to go imho.

I just do not fucking understand it when these fags talk about ‘unrealistic body images’. It’s clearly realistic if there’s numerous examples of it. The West is dead.

>banning anorexia
>bad
You fags will cry about pretty much anything.

/thread

it's about models. being extremely fat obviously isn't healthy, but there aren't mainstream extremely fat models. they don't need to be banned because they virtually don't exist
>inb4 mentioning some obscure 'no one knows' exception you just found on google to prove a point

there's something called genetics, you know.

That girl has a perfectly healthy weight and would not do well on a catwalk.

What's being banned --from modeling-- are Auschwitz mode models. That's unhealthy af. The modeling industry does not have an issue with encouraging their models to become fatasses. That's why they're banning Auschwitz mode but not hamplanets.

An overweight woman came up to me at the gym (where I work) and wanted to know our policy on intervening if someone appears anorexic, pointing out some skinny woman on the treadmill. What are we supposed to do? Force-feed them? We didn't force the woman to get on a treadmill herself and do some fucking exercise (she was just there sitting in the reception area). If someone wants to starve themselves, or smoke or do drugs or eat themselves to bursting, it might not be healthy but it's none of our business, none of the fat woman's business and none of the law's business.

I hate the fats.

You can starve yourself all you want, you just can't work as a model (in France) while being a walking skeleton.

Also, the thing is that a lot of these people don't even want to be walking skeletons, they do this because it's a job requirement, and there is lots of external pressure to be a walking skeleton. This is an attempt to remove that and promote a thin but healthy ideal body, instead of an Auschwitz mode ideal body.

Also, what's wrong with you, Veeky Forums? You were never into hungry skeletons before, you always seemed to like women in the 20 to 25 BMI range (or even higher for the high test sort).

>bbc.com/news/world-europe-39821036
>Also, what's wrong with you, Veeky Forums? You were never into hungry skeletons before, you always seemed to like women in the 20 to 25 BMI range (or even higher for the high test sort).

I guess it's not about whether anons enjoy skinny women or not, it's about the societal hypocrisy of trying to ban a relatively rare form of extreme body weight (anorexia) while trying to normalize being a fat fuck.

This is about the modeling industry, where Auschwitz mode is extremely common and encouraged at best (enforced at worst), while landwhales are nonexistant.

You're defending a bodytype here that is usually shamed on Veeky Forums, almost as much as the landwhales.

>No fat models
Seriously? What world have you been living in the past 5 years? You probably don't live in burgerland.

I'm also not defending anything, but no country in the world has an anorexia epidemic with percents in the double digits.

Which is why this is not banned in the general population, just for fucking modeling industry. Which does in fact have an anorexia epidemic in the double digits.

Not denying that plus size models exist, but they're hardly mainstream. Even then they tend to be on the smaller side of fat, or even at normal weight. Pic related, she's considered plus sized and the biggest model calvin klein ever hired.

... and this is the shit you're defendig

Except no one in Europe says being fat is healthy, this is an exclusively american phenomena.

>implying that high fashion models are a direct cause of or even contribute to eating disorders
god it's like they don't even know what an eating disorder is

Her weight might be fine but her hyperlordosis makes my back hurt from just looking at the picture

>He posts a real example of a fat model
>You reply with an extreme example that no one would expect to see

they're LITERALLY enforcing weight based hiring discrimination by law

yet if anybody dared to turn down some fatty's application because "too fat" they'd put him out of business with a gorillion of discrimination lawsuits in a heartbeat

fuck this gay ass continent ffs

That's clearly unhealthy. But just because something is unhealthy doesn't mean it should be banned.

>that no one would expect to see

You are ignorant about the modeling industry.

Yeah, let's ban all the XXXL models! Oh wait there are none

They can still be unhealthy if they want to, they just can't be models

If we are going to ban models with a unhealthily low bmi, we should ban models with an unhealthily high bmi too. But for some reason it is alright to shame thin people but not fat people.

Plenty of people in high public esteem/high profile attention have obvious bad health habits. Why should modeling be any different?

And even if you decide that it does merit regulation, the fine is surely excessive. $82k plus six (6) months in jail? That's crazy.

This. I would prefer the agencies hire whoever they want but if they make the super skinny models illegal then pic related should be illegal too.

I don't really care about """"supermodels"""" being thin, but I do kinda dislike how these supposed 10/10s never have any breasts

maybe when le pen is elected she'll mandate that runway models have to have at least E-cups

like, their job is literally walking in a line, why is there no jiggle

There's a missing aspect which is the class/wealth angle.
Yes there are some fat 'plus sized' models in wealthy countries from backgrounds which allowed them to get fat. They don't need modelling work to survive and they would probs still get work if they lost the weight (they'd certainly look better)

However, lots of runway models aren't like that. They often come from poor places in Russia/ Eastern Europe and get exploited a lot on the road to success- which is needed for economic security for them and families. These women don't have a choice about prioritising their health, and end up infertile, sick, hair falling out, bone problems in order to work. A rule which safeguards against this is good.

tl;dr: thin models are exploited, fat models exploit themselves

Models exist to show off clothes, not themselves. That's what everyone seems to miss.

Post more fatties that i can exploit with my dick

anybody have the #ThinnerBeauty shop where they took her fat ass and turned it into two attractive women?

Why is there a pressure to be a skeleton? Nobody likes skeletons

This will backfire. What's going to happen is that models will continue to look sexy and then fatties will have no excuse since the gooberment made unrealistic body images illegal.

Also, glad to see the frogs are focusing on such important issues. There is literally nothing else as important happening in France or Europe proper. Glad to know that France is such a peaceful place that this is the most important issue they can tackle.

>self-love makes you run faster

As much as I fap I should be able to out run Usain Bolt amirite?

But those examples you see aren't "real women" user.

The fatties are the arbiters of which women are real and which ones are not.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with money lending. It should probably be discouraged in almost all situations though, since the average person is a retarded child.

Supposedly clothes look better on them. I wish we could get away from this fat/skinny mentality, where the only alternative to a skeleton is a """plus-size""" model. Why can't we have some Veeky Forums models? Put pic-related on a runway

> I do kinda dislike how these supposed 10/10s never have any ass.
Fixed that bro.

this is good, anti faggotry law