Broken Scales

I just broke my fucking kitchen scales and I don't have any money to get them fixed or buy new ones. I'm fucking terrified to eat anything, I don't know how many calories are around, what do i do? The only thing I have is a cup that measures cups, but cup is arbitrary, the thing in might change.

Just eat less its not fucking hard jesus christ

Get a job

Listen manlet, they may seem to be the perfect size but you can't weigh yourself on kitchen scales.

Fuck man, you gotta be careful that calories don't jump out and get you... who knows how many are around?

But for real, save up and get new ones, but in the mean time, guesstimate the amount, then take a bit away so you don't go overboard.

How the fuck am I supposed to eat less if don't know what portions I'm eating? We don't do cups in Britain, its grams, and without a kitchen scale I don't know how many grams I'm eating.

No. I'm studying science, I don't time.

I can't save up I don't have income. I suppose I'll just have to do that.

>How the fuck am I supposed to eat less if don't know what portions I'm eating? We don't do cups in Britain, its grams, and without a kitchen scale I don't know how many grams I'm eating.
Are you retarded? I'm also British, everything has the amount of calories on the back, just estimate, it's really not difficult to stay under 2000, use your body as a guide, if you feel hungry, you're doing it right.

Lmao at people who weigh food.
A package of chicken will have how much it weighs on the outside. Divide it in to even portions and you have your serving sizes retard.
Everything else can be measured in cups.

Just get a shitty one from the dollar store jesus christ

I'm trying to stay under 1000, and my body is not a good guide because I don't get hungry, though on the flipside I don't get full either, I can just keep eating if I want. But I never sit there and think "I need food". Anyway, I am estimating now based on cups.

Yeah but mushrooms, the thing I was trying to look at, don't because for some reason raw vegetables are exempt. Now for some fatties that might be ok, but for someone who is bioforming I need to fucking know. And its not an insignificant amount anyway, that 1 cup of mushrooms I just ate had 47 fucking calories in them.

I don't have one dollar, I don't work and my Mum won't buy me one.

"Mommy can I have five dollars for *insert stupid normke shit like a drink or phone cover or ice cream*?"

Sometimes you gotta jew parents out of their money to get what you want.

47 calories is nothing you stupid fuck.
The fuck is bioforming

Nigga if you were really under 1000 you'd be feeling very hungry, so you're probably well over your TDEE in fact

I can't anymore because I'm 19. She just tells me to get to a job to which I tell her I'm trying to become a scientist, not a fucking retail clerk and that this is a bit harder and more important than the part time job she had when she was studying fucking business and finance when she was younger.

It is. If your goal is 1000, then that's 1/20. Bioforming is sculpting your body. Its different from "cutting" because at this point you're already healthy you're making adjustments to try to look different.

Well, its not under 1000, it is 1000, and I won't feel hungry because I'll be distracted. I'm one of those people who forgets to eat.

Post picture, i highly doubt youre at the level where you need to calorie count this seriously, and why cant you remember whats the average amount you eat of something and estimate the weight.
The fucking autism levels with you are off the charts, how do you not have any money at all? If your a student im sure you have plenty of time to get a part time job (10-15 hours a week), im sure you spend twice that posting on an Iranian silk farming forum

As someone in their final year of a science course, get a job you lazy bum. At 19 you can be that far into your course yet and the first few years arent that fucking hard that you cant work a day or two on the weekends or something.

I'm not posting a picture because thisn't facebook and I can't be bothered fucking around with looking for the charger and hooking my phone up to my desktop.

>how do you not have any money at all? If your a student im sure you have plenty of time to get a part time job

I'm going into uni in september. I'm studying Astrophysics. The most college taught us up to is complex numbers, if I'm going to comfortably ace everything I need to know way more than that. I want to do my PHD on the ridge around Iapetus' equator, a mystery that is still unsolved. If all those other people failed, its going to take some serious brainpower and 5 years or more study to work it out. I am not standing in Morrisons taking to fucking violent barbarians all day dealing with their asinine problems like not being able to find the fucking frangepans for 16 hours a week, I can imagine no worse torture. I'd rather just eat the extra calories and get fat.

>get a job you lazy bum. At 19 you can be that far into your course yet and the first few years arent that fucking hard that you cant work a day or two on the weekends or something.

No, and by the time I go Uni I'll have a student loan anyway and I'm not going out with the rest of the stupid normies and their "clubbing" and drug use. I prefer to get drunk alone and at home. So really, not having a job is no problem for me.

The problem is, if I ask my Mum she will make it a birthday present. And my birthday is not until July. Oh well, guess I'll have to live like a fucking caveman until then.

>No, and by the time I go Uni I'll have a student loan anyway
If you arent even in university yet whats the problem? More money is always good and having eve some shitty job on your CV will be a bit of a help for getting work in the future.

Also
>astrophysics
Sorry I thought you were doing a science that would actually be useful. Carry on mate.

Because I need to get good enough to excel in uni. Like I said, my maths knowledge only goes up to differentiation, integration and complex numbers, I'm going to need to understand shit like finite field arithmetic and topology if I'm going to be a top scientist, and that's not easy stuff. And I already have worked before, I quite when I went back to college. I have a good CV because I worked for a government company called Capita. I can't say what I did other than that it was to do with people on probation because of data protection, but I earned £18,000 and it wasn't a bad job.

Astophysics and nuclear physics are stating to become more and more relevant to each other. Many of the mysteries of astrophysics will be solved by nuclear (such as what's inside pulsars, what's in the intergalactic medium, dark matter, dark energy and such) and visa versa, so I'll be able to switch between the two.

Dude, if you don't weigh your food, it doesn't have calories. Same thing works for utility bills; if you don't open the envelope, you don't have to pay.

They are probably just going to start you off with the basic shit anyway on the first year. You can surely afford to spend one day a week working if you are so poor you cant afford a god damn weighing scales. Fuck sake you could probably get one for less than ten quid.

hey dude a kitchen scale is like $12 i was about to buy one myself. want me to pick up two? i can ship you one

>I'm not posting a picture because thisn't facebook and I can't be bothered fucking around with looking for the charger and hooking my phone up to my desktop.
This line sums up you and your entire attitude to life and is the precise reason you'll be a failure in everything you do.

1. It's the most pathetic excuse ever (Blaming everything but yourself)
2. Why isn't your phone at least on low battery (Poor management)
3. It only requires getting out of your chair (extreme laziness)

We all know you'll drop out of uni.

It's one of these threads
>OP asks for advice
>People give OP good advice
>OP makes excuses for why he cant do said advice
And its one of those people

Well no the fact that I won't drop everything to provide you with a picture in a thread where its completely irrelevant on an anonymous imageboard speaks more to your entitlement than anything. It wouldn't matter if I was I was fat or not, think I am if you want I don't care. The fact is, I was asking how to count calories without a weighing scale to measure food in grams. You don't need to know what I look like to have a discussion.

Quote where I didn't follow advice. I didn't follow financial advice because I don't want to get a job to buy some fucking kitchen scales, and I did follow the advice that said estimate with cups. I just did that, I took a cup of closed cap mushrooms and worked out cooked they are 47 calories.

How you can be so poor that you cant afford a kitchen scales, but apparently live away from home and can afford the food, rent and utilities that implies is beyond me.

I don't I live with my Mum. I'm moving to Uni in September, right now I'm just in college. If you're American, college is the thing you have to do before you go to Uni. Because British people leave school at 16, you have to go to college to do what would be the senior year in America and then pass that to "graduate" and be allowed into Uni. I actually left school at 15 because I was born in July, so I've gone back to college because you need to pass that to get into Uni.

>completely irrelevant
It's completely relevant, we will be able to tell everything about your diet and claims by a single picture.

> I was asking how to count calories without a weighing scale to measure food in grams.
You weigh out 100 grams and then look on the packet to see how many calories 100 grams is.

How fucking dense are you?

>Because British people leave school at 16, you have to go to college to do what would be the senior year in America and then pass that to "graduate" and be allowed into Uni.
What is this backwards ass shit? I'm irish and we just do another year or two of secondary school.

>It's completely relevant, we will be able to tell everything about your diet and claims by a single picture.

No its not. You know I need to have a deficit of 1500 calories. That's my goal. Even if it was 1000 or even 0, to reach a calories goal you need to know how many calories you're are consuming. My claims are completely irrelevant side-tracking to what my original question is.

>You weigh out 100 grams and then look on the packet to see how many calories 100 grams is.

That is my fucking problem, did you even read my OP? I can't weigh out 100g because I don't have my weighing scales broke. Now I'm using cups and estimation because someone else in the thread actually read the OP and told me to do that.

They've changed it recently, I think I was the last year to do that. The Year 11's now will have to go to college until they're 18 unless they find a full time job or get an apprenticeship.

I dont know man, I think this whole problem could be solved pretty easy by cutting back on something for a week and then buying a ten pound weighing scales.

for a second I was hope you were going to RP as a snake or a lizard who broke some scales attempting a new PR. Goddamn am I disappointed.

I am doing that, I'm overestimating to the point its definitely higher than what I'm actually eating.

I lost 13kg in a month without counting calories. Just eat less than you usually eat and don't snack so much.

>13kg in a month
Did you cut off a limb?

youre a lazy fucking nigger. i graduated with a bachelors in applied math with a 3.8 gpa and still had time to work 16 hours a week.

185cm, 106kg on the 4th of April, 92.9kg this morning.

It does seem quick, but I lift heavy and haven't lost any strength or energy yet so fuck it.

You sound autistic as fuck OP. As expected of someone who doesn't even have $10 to his name.

lmao do people actually weigh their food?

Yes, I am fucking lazy, I don't care. If I can get away with it, I will. No-one chooses to stand at a production line putting tomatoes in a box, so if I'm lazy for avoiding that, then so fucking be it.