What should i do once i reach my strength goals but not my aesthetic goals?

What should i do once i reach my strength goals but not my aesthetic goals?

>have hit 1/2/3/4 recently, after switching from a bro-split to an actual training program + accessories

Do i
(a) go back to a 5-a-week split
(b) start a new program
(c) continue with my current 3-a-week program while cutting?

>thanks for whichever user put me onto pic related and gave me advice on accessories.. it worked for me (my goal was to hit 1/2/3/4)

I've heard PHUL is a good mix for people who want to keep developing both strength and aesthetics

What accessories did you do?

How did you find doing 4x4/4x8 compared to the usual 3x5 type routines?

lateral raises
shrugs
curls
face-pulls
dips
tricep pulldown

to make 8 excercises per session in total

i did it on hardmode, meaning squats and chinups every day, and always 5 sets instead of 4

>how did you find it
I did 6x6, 5 days a week bro-split previously, so it seemed like low volume at first. But once the lifts got heavy I definitely felt it - and the progression hasnt stopped yet.

How long did it take you to do a workout with this program ?

about 2 hours, or just over. brought a banana with me.

What progress have you made from starting numbers and over what time period?

I don't see many people who do this so I've never tried it

OP pls respond before and after numbers with time frame

about 2-3 months following the above religiously

ohp (virgin) went from 0.5 pl8 to 1pl8
bench went from 1 to 2 pl8
squat went from 1.5 to >3 pl8
dead went from 2 pl8 to 4pl8

all other lifts went up too, and can now do 10 chinups (am >100kg)

still look like shit but this was a huge improvement for me, am actually pushing the numbers i was aiming for now

closer to 2 months than 3, in time frame
autistbro, relax

nice, are these 1rms or what?

do you think the 5 sets of squat helped much more than 4 sets or 3 sets like other routines?

no, these are for 4-5 reps

>squats
i havent done the other routines (SS, SL etc.) so i cant comment, but i definitely think squatting every single day helped (i.e. on deadlift day, you still do 2x8 squats)

i am currently pic related but carrying slightly more fat than before - i'm happy with the results

another thing i should mention since you seem interested: i quickly realised i was weak as fuck on DB bench while progressing on BB bench - so i switched. Now i only DB bench.

I dont know if its better, but it makes me worry less about imbalances developing (have had surgery on my left shoulder)

I also threw in DB flys as another accessory recently, because my chest is lagging.

I try to cycle through the accessories evenly, and throw in 5 x 1.5 minutes of prone bridging as supersets.

If i still feel strong after a workout (rare) i will do an extra accessory or two sometimes
>benefits of 24hr gym

thanks for the replies

still blows my mind that I'm somehow supposed to add 15lb/week to squats and 10lb to bench. Doesn't it hit you like a ton of bricks the next week?

it suprisingly doesnt. for me i was fucking amazed - i actually exceeded those prescribed progression rates in some cases.

i couldnt believe every week i was actually adding weight and adding weight and adding weight... and im still adding weight.

obviously if it doesnt feel right, you dont have to add weight... you just need to eat more and rest, and try again next week. dont break your back or something user.

I guess i will cut once i plateau.

what is this called again? i tried to google it but i forgot the name

symmetric strength

awesome, thanks brother

So for squat imagine starting week A, you do 200lbs for 8 reps on day 1 and then 225lbs for 4 reps on day 3.

Next week on day 2, you do 215lbsx8 ??

i ran this program for a bit before i switched to SS,having to do bench press and OHP on the same day with that intensity and volume was dreadful but perhaps i was not lowering the weight enough,glad you are making sick gains with it though OP.

thats right man, i think its the volume day that makes the next weeks progression seem easier
cheers man, and yeah i feel you on that note.

I push it pretty hard on the OHP, but if i guess if OHP was lagging you could always do it first.

I recently jumped to 1pl8 max after pushing 55kg... just to see if i could do it. failed after my first set, but i worked it up from there...

For me my chest is lagging, so i always do it first

I recently changed this up a bit myself, to doing a set up chinups to failure inbetween every excercise (so 8 excercises means 8 sets) because Im gonna try for the military in 6 months. Need thos chins son.