I deadlift on a Smith machine

I deadlift on a Smith machine.
If you come straight up (i.e. don't lean back and work the weight up the rails) it is no different.
Explain to me how:
>hurr machine does all work
Oh and I stand on double stacked 45s...so it's actual about a 1/4 deficit dls
Answer me you supreme form autists!

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofhealth.net/2017/05/05/how-to-do-a-proper-deadlift/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Moar of that butt hole plz

you probably have to stand on 45s to reach the bar

Can only post edited. Board rules and all

Do you include those plates you stand on in your total faggot?

>muh ad hominem
Answer the question you angry basement dwellers

>i deadlift on a smith machine
"i go to planet fitness and am going to injure myself on a smith machine, but here's why it's good!"

Ya Fucking got that faggot! Good explanation

The bar on the smith machine probably isn't 45lbs, and since the bar travels in a perfectly straight path, you are not hitting the same stabilizer muscles you would be. Plus all the people in the gym probably think you're a fag. Other than that, no real problem.

This board has rules against that?

Hmm, didn't know that.
Now post it, faggot!!!

Because the leverages of your body will alter the path of the bar, and while it is supposed to be straight up and down, the guided path will fuck up your balance like no other.
Basically, watch a proper deadlift form video and you'll see why it's bad.

Thats like saying the people who squat in the smith machine are doing it correctly because they're body travels straight up and down.

Yeah it does, but that shit isn't natural and if they/you tried that same exact form outside of the SM, you would fuck it up.

Because its not an actual deadlift. Get really good at it and then try the same weight with an actual barbell. I guarantee you wont be able to do it and most likely you will injure yourself from doing it wrong this whole time

Thank you user. Best explanation so far.
Yes the bar is only 25 lbs.
Remedy: 10 lb plate × 2
I will conceded the stabilizer point
I can actually do more free weight bc it is easier to drive hips for lock outSquat is different. You cannot possibly keep the bar directly over mid ankle, knees behind toes on a Smith

Are people who squat in the smith machine too afraid of the weights or are they judge pseudo-ego lifters?

>When I'm at the gay orgy people people call me a fag b/c I enjoy a nice vanilla latte
I'm already at Planet Fitness. I cannot possibly be a bigger fag

source? Is this you?

They are afraid...and they want to hurt themselves.
Unless you have a perfect anatomical geometry, the only way is to 'hack squat' or maybe Bulgarian split.

No. Not me.
>calm down

>Yes the bar is only 25 lbs.
>Remedy: 10 lb plate × 2

man i've never seen somebody so smugly post that they lift fucking babyweights

I snatch in the smith machine

>Baby weights
455 on Smith
525 free

post proof

A huge part of deadlifting is engaging your lats, setting your hip and back position. You aren't going to get the same tension and stabilization work in a machine that locks two planes of direction.

I unfortunately can't find a bar path pic for the deadlift, however it isn't a perfectly straight line. It's close though.

>that shit isn't natural
smith machines aren't great, but it has nothing to do with how "natural" the movement is
your regular (non-smith) squats are anything but "natural," they are a trained movement. go to any 3rd-world country and ask someone to pick something up off the ground, or to squat down, and you will invariably see a lower back that is rounded

>squats are anything but natural
We used to literally squat to shit, you fucking retard.

>squats are anything but "natural,"

>calls out ad hominem
>uses ad hominem

wew Veeky Forums sure has become retarded
first of all, i didn't say "squats are anything but natural" i said
>your regular (non-smith) squats are anything but natural
to refer to the proper-form barbell squats you see in the gym, the ones where you have to keep a tight lower back among other things

but who the fuck cares if it's natural anyways? there are all sorts of natural things we surpress because of how bad they are; being natural has nothing to do with something being superior

>a single example proves something is natural
>saying that kid has a "strong lumbar" and isn't rounding his lower back anyways
nice

>defending use of a smith machine
>doing deadlift of all things

These are the anons of Veeky Forums giving you lifting advice.

Excellent answer. And that is why I can't do as much on a Smith. The bar path requires me to bring my body to the bar during lock out instead of meeting it half way

No one's defending it fucker. We are discussing a reality outside your autistic fables of superior ubermensch lifting situation s

Youre trying to justify a dumb statement.
Are you ever gonna find yourself stuck under a fridge to bench it off? Well benching isnt really natural either, but the application of strength is still there. Moreso than any other movement, squatting is the most "natural" and squatting with proper form leads to the best overall growth for your lower body. What are you seriously arguing against?

The intricacies of posterior chain extension will not be the same as lifting a free moving bar.

These differences might be tiny, but over time and as the weight gets heavier, they may cause stresses in parts of your body that deadlifting shouldn't be causing stress.

Of course this is all up for debate and depends on a lot of factors such as limb length and foot position. You might never have a problem with it.

Do what you want.
I don't see why you wouldn't want to use a barbell if possible though.
I started out DLing on a smith machine at a tiny shit gym and when I made the switch to a barbell it felt so much better and more natural.

Read this maybe will help you
boxofhealth.net/2017/05/05/how-to-do-a-proper-deadlift/

I rarely get a chance on a barbell, and your right it does feel so much better. But given the choice of dl once a month on Bb -or- every week on Smith and once a month Bb I'm gonna choose the latter bc every month my Bb deadlift goes up

i'm arguing against the use of the term "natural," and also against the notion of something being "natural" as being "superior" (i've said this serveral times now, try reading)

squatting with proper form is the best way to do it, but it is far from natural and requires a lot of training to maintain a good form. compare that to the shit squat - the form is completely different and you're going to have a hard time squeezing your logs out if you use "proper form squats"

>>a single example proves something is natural

Are you suggesting that toddler has had extensive training in how to squat? I could find you a hundred pictures of young children squatting but it wouldn't be worth the aggravation of the FBI showing up at my door and you would refuse to accept the point anyway.

because it's a grip excercise also
also why do people bounce the bar with their chest up? it's like some meme crossfit thing, not a deadlift

>proving a single point wrong implies all points are wrong
don't forget to address:
>saying that kid has a "strong lumbar" and isn't rounding his lower back anyways
the kid is clearly rounding his lower back, you wouldn't last a week lifting any decent weight with that form before you had a hernia
nice going taking joke pictures seriously you asshat

back to my other point. WEIGHT TRAINING IN GENERAL ISNT NATURAL.
We have to take certain measures with regards to the weights were lifting to make sure were not injuring out posterior chain. That means a tight core and a straight back.

By your logic of natural, we shouldnt do anything except for calisthenics.

When people tell you to keep your back "straight" they don't mean to make your spine an iron rod. There is a curvature to the spine.

holy shit you absolute moron we are in agreement, i never said not to do squats with proper form, i even said they were the strongest way to do them
in particular "i'm arguing against... the notion of something being "natural" as being "superior""

how about instead of looking for someone to disagree with you read the fucking posts you reply to

uh, take another look at your picture kemosabe, and what is labeled "good" and "bad"
that kid falls in the "bad" category

ITT: misinformation, cluelessness, and autism.

>Deadlift on a Smith machine

Damn that is meme worthy

You can make the same argument about the barbell not a natural movement you're hands naturally pronate inwards. Try Romanian deadlifting with dumbbells see how more natural that feels compared to barbell