Lifting shoes

Let's see what you guys lift in, they can be normal jogging shoes, lifting shoes with high heels or just barefeet.
Give opinions on what are the best for you.
Starting with my 20+ years old Adidas Power Perfects that I took from my dad, they feel very nice since they are so broken in and they look nice IMO.
Been considering the new Power Perfect II's but at the moment these do just fine.

Less expensive than Romaleos or Adipowers, and can run in them as well.

If nothing else, atleast they look sleek.
Nice

Some german made Ironwork II's. I imagine everyone is mirin' when I rep these fuckers even though no-one gives a fuck.

I lift in Adidas powerlift 3s (pic) for squats and bench. I got them for £45 on black friday amazon sale. They are brilliant for the price.

I deadlift and OHP in socks.

Power perfect 2's

Does it even really matter what shoes I use at the very beginning? I've been literally lifting and running for the first time in my life for two weeks now, and while I got some running shoes, I never even considered different ones for lifting.

Just get lifting shoes from the beginning if you're committed to it.

Have a pair of these, love them. I've had em for 4-5 years now.

I've thought about treating myself to a new pair, maybe adipowers or romaleos, but these things are still solid.

Wait for lifting shoes to go on sale.
They aren't vital, but they do make a nice difference and make it easier to squat comfortably.
Your strength being limited by mobility related issues is really demotivating.

Managed to cop a pair of these before they went out of stock completely

Love em

how much do I need to squat and deadlift before I can buy meme lifting shoes

Well for a start you need to deadlift enough to know that lifting shoes don't benefit your deadlift at all...

But really, just get them when you have enough disposable income to not risk buyer's remorse.

They are a good purchase and will last you years or decades if you don't wear them outside the gym.

Copped these for $129. I liked some of the other colours more but they weren't on sale. Also, after I started wearing them about 3 or 4 other people at the gym started wearing the exact same ones, not sure if they copied me or if they just saw they were on sale too.

>lifting shoes don't benefit your deadlift at all
This actually depends on the person and their proportions. Most of the time wl shoes will have 0 impact on your deadlift by for some, can either help or hurt.

No reason to get new ones when I already squat 325lbs and pull 415lbs, I doubt I have another 30lbs hidden in some adipowers.

Whats the point of the velcro strap over the shoelaces?

>3pl8 squat
>4pl8 dead
Lol how's your first 8 months of lifting?

OP here, these are the shoes im going to buy next, im in love with my power perfect 1s and i tried 2s at a store a while ago.

u can have em extra tight :)

There's no point there really, the power perfect 1's are superior shoe, wood sole and all.
Get the adipowers' if you adidas fit you best. Otherwise get Reebok Legacy lifters.

I just got into doing clean+jerk and snatches, I've really noticed a balance issue during these lifts. Oddly enough, never had an issue with squats in the past few years.
I've been looking at Adipower or the Reebok version of them, but what does Veeky Forums recommend?