About your idols

Is it true that Alan Thrall can bench only 275 lbs?

That's stronger than me, sounds like I'm right to listen to his advice.

My gymbro benches 300 lbs with his own weight 176 lbs and he does brosplit from the start of his training (5 years total). Should I listen to his advice?

My bench is 276 lbs. My advice is - do brosplit.

tbf he's not a powerlifter

3pl8 bench after 2-3 years is average on /plg/

fuck brosplits

But lets be honest, no one wants to look like a power lifter.

I think the sticky said it's less important what routine you have, more important that you DO have one and stick to it diligently.

>Train very tamed.

>powerlifting has a "look"

this is such a meme. PL is a weightclass >sport. 74-93kg lifters are stronger, leaner and more aesthetic than most brosplit faggots. look at twinkalex, kbooey, virtus, boardshorts etc from /plg/

this applies to beginners. youre not going to get a 3pl8+ bench doing whatever program lad

Either Brian Alsruhe or Silent Mike
I like Brian because he seems like an incredible all around athlete
I like Mike because he lifts the way I want to lift

And most importantly both are pretty hardworking guys

This is even funnier.
1) The guy from this post never aimed to do powerlifting, just "build gunz", never benched more often then once per week, never did any special program.
2) 3pl8 = 308 lbs.
3) Alan Thrall with 10 years of experience benches less then omegas from anonimous forum for anime lovers with less experience.

>Either Brian Alsruhe
What? His bench is 505 lbs

He's got a 500 squat.

Trip on twinklex.

virtus is the only one I'd put in the aesthetic category, but he's got enough to share. literally looks like a roman statue

not twinklex. just a friendly lad :)

fil is the most aesthetic and you cant tell me otherwise

If you don't know what you're doing then don't fuck about. Practical programming is recced regularly to help you understand how to program, but otherwise do a fucking program.

Nearly everyone has a weakness, and it being in bench is not the worst place to have it. 275 is decent enough.

why would you stick to a shitty program though when there are better ones' available? even as a novice?

Fil may be more thicc but Virtus is definitely more aesthetic.

no i saw him do something above 3pl8

he's roiding. there's no way you can naturally get to a 3pl8 bench with a program as god fucking awful as a brosplit. don't compare yourself to him cause you're only gonna be disappointed

I am currently in direct contact with the swedish government. they have been made aware of your bullying

I hope you enjoy your time in the gulag mystery fag :^)

>he's roiding
He's definatly not, I know him very well, we lived together. Also his squat is not very impressive.

He did a video a while ago on improving his 'poverty bench' so I assume he benches more now.

You're late to the party lad, my at large status as "Fil's Personnel Bully" is already known in the country of Sweden and throughout the international community.

You have done nothing to stem the tide.

>there's no way you can naturally get to a 3pl8 bench with a program as god fucking awful as a brosplit
What's wrong? With 5/3/1 people can bench 3pl8 and it has only one workout of bench press per week.

>implying Haack isn't aesthetic

jesus christ that beard needs some moisturizer

My bench is 277 lbs. My advice: don't do the brosplit.

>there's no way you can naturally get to a 3pl8 bench with a program as god fucking awful as a brosplit
>god fucking awful as a brosplit
I'l show you some magic.
Some basic upper lower split which is "good", definitely "legit":
A: squat, RDL

B: BB bench, DB bench, dips, rows

C: deadlift, front squat

D: BB OHP, DB OHP, DB lateral raises, pull ups

Move BB OHP, DB OHP, DB lateral raises to A from D, pull ups from D to C, rows from B to C, front squats from C to A. What will we have?

A: squat, front squat, RDL, BB OHP, DB OHP, DB lateral raises.

B: BB bench, DB bench, dips

C: deadlift, pull ups, rows

OH MY GOD! IT'S NOT GOOD PROGRAM ANYMORE!!!! IT'S A BROSPLIT!!!!!! YOU CAN'T GAIN STRENGTH AND MUSCLES ANYMORE USING IT!!!!

>inb4: program is not about list of exercises, it's about progression
I know, this is my point too.

upper/lower isnt a brosplit. brosplit is chest day/leg day/ arm day etc. U/L splits are fine

You are an idiot if you didn't understand what this post was about.

back to school and learn to read

I admit I didnt even read the full post t b h

anyway. the second routine isnt even a brosplit. A is full body B is upper and C is primarily back, but DLs are really a full body movement. this is really just shitty Squat day/Bench day/DL day split with OHP on squat day instead of its own day. similar to a TM spit but worse because nothing is split into a V day/I day

forgot to mention how most brosplits are primarily isolation exersises, not compounds like that routine. which is another negative

I hit a wall at 300 for bench at 180, but I have been trading it out for better muscular endurance. Being able to do countless bodyweight exercises makes me feel free, and my body still looks about the same. Does anyone else have issues with having a toned look despite having a low bf percentage? I see plenty of guys that look naturally shredded in the gym, but have weak lifts despite their looks.

>A is full body
it's legs + shoulders
>B is upper
it's chest
>C is primarily back, but DLs are really a full body movement
many brosplitters do DLs with back.

Bro split is Chest day/Back day/Legs+shoulders day.

yeah but does you boyfriend roid? be honest faggont don't like on an anonymous toy crafting swedish board

>forgot to mention how most brosplits are primarily isolation exersises
This is not true

*lie, fucking hell

>bumblebees fucked me in the eyes

a full body routine where you bench 3-4x squat 2x and DL 1-2x a week has much higher frequency and is just better in general

If you can do enough volume that recovery takes 7 days, why would a higher frequency be beneficial?

because a) regardless of what youre doing, you dont require 7 days recovery. and b) just doing a bunch of low weight high rep shit until you have too much lactic acid to go on isnt volume

working one muscle then taking the week off isnt the most efficient way to cause adaptation

do enough sets and you do require 7 days recovery. it's pretty obvious...

doesn't have to be low weight high rep, sets of 5 work too.
lactic acid is a meme.

so why's a higher frequency necessary?

it would be helpful if you just gave an example of your sets/reps. nothing youre doing can require a whole week recovery unless you are moving huge weight (eric lilybridge DLing 900 for instance). if youre just doing tons of sets one day a week, without any thought into fatigue accumulation etc, all youre doing is building lactic acid and depleting glycogen stores. not providing stimulus for growth

higher frequency allows you to move higher percentages of your 1RM more often, which is actual volume

Oh, I work each bodypart about twice a week.

Anyway, doing more than 16-20 sets per bodypart per week is more than most people's maximum recoverable volume.
I don't wanna have 4 hour gym sessions, so I don't do that, but it's definitely possible.

(reps per set depends on the exercise, but 65~77.5% 1RM is good for size gains)

Brian Alsruhe benches more than alans max squat.

He's a about to be SS Coach, that's all you need to learn about him
Right now Brian Alsruhe is in league way beyond both these guys could be in a foreseeable future. Mike is stronger than Alan and probably better at coaching/programming even though he promotes a highly conservative style of training.
Alan has fallen from grace.

>3pl8 = 308 lbs

What's wrong with SS? I've adapted the idea to my program and gone up 5 lbs every week on barbell movements even on a cut (Yes, I'm at ~15% bf so have some spare tire). SS has given me confidence to increase weight and not focus on hitting a particular rep range before going up in weight.

Is he the only natty youtuber

>thrall

literally descended from slaves lol

>Hurr durr gains are entirely dependent on your routine, not how much effort you put into each workout

Biggest fucking meme on Veeky Forums

and i have a 405 squat and im dyel

damn thrall is weak as fuck

275 is terrible, I'm at 290 after 9 months

Lol no faggot

You don't know what hard training is, in running Sheiko now and that's 10+ sets of bench three times a week whilst squatting twice; doesn't take 7 days to recover

go back to your containment general and shitpost there

Those are both god fucking awful jesus christ

hes a strongman and hes weak as fuck especially for like 20 years of lifting

Because there is no way you could possibly be doing that much volume. That requires literally absurd amounts of weight or reps.

>20 years
m8 I'm pretty sure he isn't even 30 yet.

Would I look to him for advanced techniques, programming and lifting advice in general past the novice stage? No. But I do think he's great for people just starting out to get a good general knowledge base and his mobility routines are pretty decent.

ok so 10 years? if you cant bench 3 plates in 10 years of even fucking around you should NOT be giving advice

Ya I made 3 plate after 3 years of fucking around, if I had a strict diet and a routine I could have done it sooner

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool i bet he thinks that he looks tough and sexy there but he looks like some neckbeard basement dwelling lardass. just imagine how bad his hair must stink.

also that face LOL thats got beta kv written all over it

will not make it

He was better before he became a SS shill.

most retarded shit i saw in a while, this tard must be trolling

Did you read the rest of my post? most of his info is solid I think he probably suffered from shit programming.

>all this salt

He'd look good if he cut but alas, he's a fat powerlifter trying to play the weight class game.

I honestly can't think why anyone would listen to this fucking goon

>shitty strongman
>shitty powerlifter
>average lifts
>a bench that your average gym bro gets in a year

Good fucking use all his knowledge of ancient powerlifting techniques are to him with his fucking 1400 total, think I had that senior year

it would be incredible if you could program so fucking badly that you can't bench 3 pl8s after a decade or even half of one

that may be an achievement and if he programs that badly himself then why would you ever take anything he says seriously?

I've browsed /plg/ for years and I'd say 5% of the people there have a 3 plate bench

Most of them are weak as absolute fuck

He was a 165lb skellyboi when he joined the marines

what the fuck, dude looks like a fucking tub of butter

>falling for the powerlifting meme

IT DOESNT MATTER ITS BEEN FUCKING FOREVER ALAN STOP REPLYING TO ME YOURE MAKING ME ANGRY

>hurr durr gains are entirely dependent on Your routine or workout not on your genes or total testosterone count.

>t. DYEL
That upper lower split is 5/3/1. If you think it's bad you are DYEL and Rippetoe's cocksucker

>farts

It's ripp off peaking strength routine for offseason football atheletes YEAH ABSOLUTELY IT'S OK FOR AVERAGE GUY WHO STARTS TRAINING IN GYM AND CAN DO 10 PUSH UPS!

>no one wants to look fucking huge

thats photoshopped and not rippetoe if youre not meming

The funniest thing, guy in this pick did bro split

Source? Never heard that before.

This is mostly true, but brosplits will get you to the same strength but MUCH slower

I get tired of seeing that being labeled as young Ripp, that is Roger Estep.

I can confirm it. Brosplits are inefective. An remember guys, train untamed! Ok, I should go to the gym to bench 100 kg for 6 reps.

never said they were ineffective, they definitely have a place but starting out you're better served doing a full body routine focusing on compound movements.

First time I thought he is an idiot when I saw his BEST PROGRAM EVER CREATED.
>one day of bench pressing

>doing bench
>at all
that's where the program is shit.

>275
I only bench 200 lbs
dont listen to me

well being into strongman shit bench isnt necessery.

Power lifters train movments that primatily recute muscle fibers in quads, pec and posterior chain

that's not rippetoe btw

The only negatives is that their is a lack of frequency.c
Would put a ss day two days after

I see you read the /r/fitness wiki as well. You are basically a trainer now.