>be me
>be fat (227 lbs)
>down to 178 with keto
>stop keto, hit gym to maintain weight
>get ill for a long time, stop hitting gym
>back to 200 cause didnt go again after I was healthy again
>disappointed in myself
>gonna hit the gym tomorrow and start cardio + keto

last time I lost weight I did keto only, no workout/cardio. what kind of weight loss can I expect from cardio and keto together?

probably slightly faster, I'm not a big fan of keto though because I don't think it's very healthy and sustainable.

Depends how bad you want it, I went from 270 to 230 since January 22nd, I autistically track my macros and workout 7 days a week though. I have about 10-15 more to go to be cut the fuck up, for the first time I'm 10 years I can see my abs

I am open to suggestions. I did keto because I still enjoy the food, so it's quite sustainable for me. If it is healthy or not, I can't say as I am obviously no expert in the field and can just read what science says. What kind of diet would you suggest that is more sustainable/healthy?

Just don't eat garbage, iifym works, keto is cool but at the end of the day calories are what matter most. If you are eating whole foods, enough protein, and staying away from breads and such you are going to do well, calculate your macros though and log everything, I literally weigh all my food so I'm sure I'm doing it right

Sounds great, congrats on the loss user. What height are you? I am 1.79m / 5'9" (inb4 manlet meme) and was quite enormous at the weight at which you can see your abs. Just curious.

What's bad about bread? What else am I gonna eat for breakfast?

I mostly eat brown bread.

I see, I always wondered how iifym works though. You already said "don't eat garbage", but without being informed it sounds like "eat whatever the fuck you want, just don't surpass X calories/day", which in theory could work (?). How did your eating habits change on iifym, or how does a typical day look on iifym for you meal-wise?

Also, if you ignore all the science behind keto, I have an easier time eating less calories when mainly eating fatty foods, for the simple reason that a piece of meat just satiates me more than a plate of rice/noodles. I eat less automatically because I am full after a meal.

Carbs. Spikes insulin, promotes fat gain.

Keto is more about a unique state you achieve sans cars though.

I'm 6'1, I've been lifting for over 5 years though, I just got fat from being afraid of losing gainz coupled with a nasty back injury that's thankfully under control now. I wear a size 52 suit coat and a size 32 pants now for size reference if that helps, I'm wide as fuck so I will never get to much lighter

Yeah people usually do iifym with whatever, but just try and be clean about it I mean, at the end of the day if you hit your macros on McDonald your still gonna do well but you would feel a lot better if you did it on chicken avocados and quinoa

Tried keto, made me feel ill and didn't help me.

Literally impossible to รค eat keto without cooking super specific recipes with expensive shit like almond flour also.

I see, I actually wear size 32 pants too, so I'm even more confused now. Guess you really are wide as fuck then lmao. At 230 I was nowhere near abs, hell I wasn't even at 178. Even more of a reason to lose weight again.

Yeah I had a flat stomach even in size 36-38 to many deadlifts I guess Im wide every wear, my abs arnt as visible as I'd like but you can clearly see 4 of them and all six sometimes hence the continued cut

Honestly I think keto was pretty easy, and the recipe thing; it depends. I don't know what you eat on a regular basis, I'm from Germany so my daily meals might look a bit different and I had quite an easy time eating a lot of meat and replacing most of the high-carb garnishes with vegetables.

Instead of bread for breakfast I had bacon and eggs most of the time, sometimes low carb / high protein bread (~4g carbs per slice) or yoghurt.

Lunch was said dishes.

In the evening, depending on what I ate for breakfast and how much carbs/calories I had left for the day I would eat either a salad (with the good stuff, like tuna, cheese, eggs, oil dressing etc.), bacon/eggs, low carb bread, sometimes protein powder pancakes...
it's not stuff that is specific nor stuff that takes much time. Also never went to bed hungry. How long does it take you to chop up a salad? Or cook some eggs? 10 minutes max?

But yea, all of that stuff doesn't help of course if keto makes you feel sick. The diet just isn't for you then, there's plenty of other options.

>I autistically track my macros

Btw, does tracking macros really help a lot? Did you try losing weight without tracking them? I am quite lazy when it comes to that, but if it makes a big difference I might try tracking macros too.

No fiber. Turns into sugar as soon as you swallow it.

Yeah I lost weight without tracking them but it speed up considerably when I started tracking, it honestly just feels like part of eating now logging my macros, even when I'm done cutting I'm going to keep logging, I don't want to lose this hard work

OP, here's my progress. My keto habits are this: less than 25g carbs, nothing else matters. 2 weeks ago I started doing cardio, and the pounds lost per week doubled from ~1.1lbs to 2.2lbs.

This week I'm trying alternate-day fasting where I skip a day of eating. Will see the results of that this wednesday.

>"keto"
>tracking macros
>etc

Stop doing this shit. Just eat way the fuck less and exercise, that is all you need to fucking do. You are going to stress yourself out and fuck up your dieting if you are getting this detailed about it.

Buy 350g of soy protein, and a bottle of skim milk, these should last you a little over a month. Also buy a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and magnesium. Then go workout 4 days a week (make sure you have rest days, but don't do every other day). Do mostly isolation exercises at 20-75% of your 1 rep max, 5-9 EXTENDED reps, 3 sets each. Incorporate supersets. Bench press, squats, pullups (negative or otherwise), dips, and stretches are all vital as well. Do your stretches after your lifts. Do your running after your stretches.

If you follow these steps for 12 weeks, I promise you will make it. If you listen to the memes and the fat powerlifters that are ultimately going to call this post broscience, then you can enjoy looking like the pic in the OP.

Have a nice day.

>soy protein
stopped reading

Looking good, congrats on the loss! I did the same as you did, less than 20g of carbs a day, didn't measure anything at all. I just ate till I was satiated and my weight loss was similiar. So is jogging 6 times a week all you do cardio wise? Or do you hit the gym too for cardio, lifting, etc.?
I'm really unsure about what exercises make sense for weight loss, except for treadmill, jogging, cycling etc. of course.

I actually got pretty Veeky Forums with soy protein, my man chest used to get itchy and I started to develop man tit's though, please don't take soy protein, do it for me.

I started at the same weight, just a month after you, but I am 185 as of today. Do you have progress pics?

right now i'm not doing strength training, just pullups and some dumbbell stuff. in the past, i tried to do too much at once and wasn't making progress in anything. This time around I'm focusing purely on weight loss and stretching, and will get back to strength training after my target weight.

my cardio is just to jog for as long as possible. right now I can do 2 miles after a day of rest, 1-1.5 normally. i'll do this on a treadmill or at my local track. Maybe if it gets boring I'll look into other cardio, but it's working for now.

Idk if you ever were fat, or if you ever had bad eating habits. But eating "way the fuck less" may work, however it is not a sustainable diet and thus not effective in the long run. Also when you are fat/have bad eating habits and eat "way the fuck less" you will eventually feel hungry. And if you feel hungry all the time you will eventually give up on the diet like 98% of the fucking housewives who read exactly this kind of diet tip in their fucking magazines. Stop calling legitimate diets that are proven to work memes.

I was 245 lbs, currently 175. It is a diet towards achieving an end, it isn't a lifelong diet. I remember being you, I remember thinking that "feeling hungry" was an excuse to not practice self-control. The fact of the matter is, it is all about self-control and struggle. If you don't ever feel hungry, then you are never going to achieve any progress.

Honestly, the amount of people on this website 'that kinda know' human physiology is exhausting.

> Carbs -> Insulin -> Fat Gain.

Fuck me.

what's good about bread

rather not share pics yet. I definitely could be making faster progress but as long as I'm above 1lb per week, I'm happy.

What's your exercise routine? If I were doing cardio the entire time, I definitely would be under 185 by now.

I don't exactly know what thas has to do about me being me. I have lost weight on keto without ever feeling hungry, so I know for a fact that weight loss/progress is possible without starvation...

As I said, I understand that your hunger-diet is a way of achieving progress, however I think it is unnecessarily hard and the same progress can be achieved much easier with less struggle. I won't even start about health-hunger relations.

Not the guy you are asking about his exercise routine, but let me tell you something: don't bother about making progress faster unless you NEED to hit a certain weight at a certain time for whatever obscure reason. Slow and steady is always better, you will be surprised when you look at old pictures in a few months or even weeks. The progress is very subtle. Keep going, we're all gonna make it.

> If I were doing cardio the entire time, I definitely would be under 185 by now.

I was actually going to suggest the opposite. I would do a lot of walking generally (like a lot), and I would jog after my lifts but ended up injuring myself about 2 months ago so I haven't been doing any running at all.

My routine consists mostly of lifting and stretching. I do a lot of isolation exercises with dumbbells, bench press/squats, pullups (started with 0 pullups and just did negatives, now I can do 5 a set), dips, pushups throughout the day.

I feel like I would be quite a bit closer to my goal if I could run right now, but I try and compensate with lifting. However, I think I owe most of my progress to the lifting and stretching (some yoga stuff in there).

like I said i'm happy with the 1lb+ per week. I'm just more willing to take things more seriously lately. And thanks, we are all going to make it.

Sounds like a lot of what I do! being able to do my first pullup was a big milestone; felt impossible when I was heavier. Negatives definitely helped a ton.

>Sounds like a lot of what I do! being able to do my first pullup was a big milestone; felt impossible when I was heavier.

Yeah dude, that was like a watershed moment for me, it felt amazing. I wasn't able to do dips/pullups as regular parts of my routine until more recently, but they are now my favourite exercises.

>be thin framed fat manlet
>198lbs @ 26%bf
>lost weight
>am now 180lbs @ 17%
>goal is 165, then i'll test my bf% and reconsider whether or not i should stop my cut
i'd like to get down to 10-12% before bulking up

>gym has weight loss competition
>$1500 grand prize
>inquire with gym staff about past winners
>previous winners lost around 13% of their bodyfat percentage
>not 13% of their total weight, 13% of only their bodyfat

>order DNP
>weigh 205 at official weigh-in on the 24th
>196 now
>aiming for 190 by the 15th
>need to lose 6lbs in 9 days

also:

>mfw doing cardio on DNP 5 days a week

13% BF in what time?

262 down to 192. Working on getting Veeky Forumster and less /fat/

I want to reduce my waist so my hips look bigger

You're retarded I eat keto on $80 a month in expensive as fuck canadaland.

Eat plenty of eggs, avocados, coconut oil and butter. Some type of meat fish or chicken for dinner with green veggies. Whey shakes with berries and cream for extra calories and micros. easy peasy.
You don't need to be making every recipe on Pinterest you find to do keto.
Tons of snacks too if you need it, cheese, pepperoni sticks, nuts, and seeds. Honestly the only thing I eat the same of everyday is my brekky of eggs and bacon or eggs and a pork chop.

As for the feeling sick part, the best thing to do is drink a ton of water and eating more salt then usual and supplementing with magnesium. You should be peeing like every hour or two hours.

T. Ketofag for nearly a year