Share your stories where you were in a confrontation with someone at the gym

Share your stories where you were in a confrontation with someone at the gym

First time i ever stepped foot into the gym I tried to bench 150 off the bat without even knowing how. I almost died and some trainer walked up to me and told me I'm a fucking idiot and need a spotter.

Well, it wasn't as mean as I am making it out to be, but i have not had any confrontations since hah.

I could bench in elementary school...

you're not an idiot... youre a weak bitch.

come fight me pussy lets see what you got big guy

city?

I was pretending to do do cheesy martial arts moves against my gym partner with a stick and I put it down after a few seconds, and some guy walked up to it and said something along the lines of "I need that". He then picked it up, practiced clean and jerks with it for less than a minute, and then did some bodyweight shit. Not a controntarion but he was clearly pissed off.

confrontation*

>need 25s
>ask guy at bench if hes using ones racked
>grunts and resumes bench
>grab 25s
>chad racks and gets up in face
>"DO YOU MIND"
>spergy fresh
>"jeez just say you need them..."
>put weights back and dredge elsewhere
>mfw couldnt lift well
>mfw left gym early

>walking in locker room
>about to put my music in
>some fat guy in sweats keeps lookin at me
>start walking out
>"oh well good morning to you too"
>I take out my headphones
>"I DONT KNOW YOU. STOP CRYIN YOU CRYBABY BITCH"

Mfw he complained to the gym staff and they had to talk to me

fuck that guy

every intermediate lifter and their mother get uppity when they can. as soon as another dude comes with a 3pl bench they shut up

>nigger: the post

>Fall in the manlet pt
>Immediately get attacked by a dozen spanish midgets
>They grab onto my body
>I begin desperately trying to climb out
>One rep away
>Spanish manlets begin violently shaking my body
>I take a deep breath
>TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>walk toward a machine
>big black guy using another machine shouts from across the gym
>"aye man i got more reps on that"
>o-oh okay...
>walk away

you forgot the part where you sucked his bbc

San Salvador

> all the benches being used
> walk up to a big guy
> 'How many sets you got left mate?'
> 'Just 2, I'll give you a shout when I'm done'
> 'Cheers fella'

It was tense but I got through it

Honest question at what point do you need a spotter for bench?

I'm going to join a 24 hour gym on Monday and I'm planning on doing my workouts in the middle of the night.

I'm starting with the bar so I'm not worried, but at what weight should I start thinking about needing a spotter?
Does it really matter as long as I can do the weight comfortably? Or will I stall on gains if I only wait for the weight to be "comfortable" before I progress?

lol

Once verbally bashed a manlet who was doing curls in the squat rack. He cried like a pussy and never returned the gym again. Gym management gave me a high five.

You don't need a spotter if don't go to failure. Progress slowly and don't go testing you 1RM alone and you will be fine

Use a spotter for when testing your 1 rep max or consciously attempting a weight that's heavy to the point you sit on the bench unsure about it.

Otherwise use common sense.

But can I still make gains if I'm not going to failure?

Depends user. If you're training for hypertrophy you don't want to train to failure.

Yeah absolutely. You don't need to go to failure on the bench ! Read up on the subject but you don't need to go to failure for hypertrophy (it's even a bad thing according to some people). What you need is progressive overload

I weigh like 135 so I want to gain weight but I don't want to be a power lifter or anything.
I'd like to get to a respectable working weight and then just rep it for hypertrophy.

Yes.
I do sets of nine so if I know I can't hit the last rep I at least know I did 8 and stayed in the hypertrophy range.
Also, I like patterns of three.

>I weigh like 135
>I don't want to be a power lifter or anything.

Honestly I think this is genetically out of the equation. Either way it doesn't really change anything. You can absolutely make gains without training to failure. At most you should be struggling on the final reps of your last set but not to the point you're about to fail.

I saw a couple fights in the gym but never been involved personally

Sounds like you need SS.

But in all serious I know exactly where you're coming from, but no, you don't need to work to failure to make gains, if you're working without a spotter/gym buddy then work in the 10-12 rep range for hypertrophy.

If you rep out all your sets for 12 easily, take the weight up slightly, you should ideally be struggling on the last 2-3 reps of your last set. The strength will come in time but you don't need to work an exclusively strength based working to failure system to make gains

Haven't had any gym confrontations yet but lately my gym has been noticeably worse with pajeets and DYEL's not re-racking their weights, so I make a point of catching their eye and making extreme eye contact as I put all their weights back when I hop on the equipment after them.

Some look away embarrassed, some keep my eye contact but clearly nervous, waiting for some little shit to try act tough about it

anyone else find the idea of a gym confrontation highly amusing

>lately my gym has been noticeably worse with pajeets and DYEL'

I think my gym changed their guest policy. The sign in book is LOADED on the daily and the overall conditions, like you described for example, have gone to shit. Saw a dude with 2 friends on a bench press doing concentration curls. 5 open benches in the free weights area. FFS

I'm at the gym, minding my own business doing stretches on the bench. Then,this dumbfuck roid jock who looks like he straight dropped out of fifth grade came up to me. He asked me if I could move saying I stole his bench. His bench! it's public property moron. He told me he was just changing dumbells acting like I still cared LOL, still acting like it's his bench. Eventually I just tried to ignore him cuz he sounded like a fucking orc in warcraft. ANNOYINGLY enough, he just stood near me the entire time sweating like a fucking monkey all over my new gi, so to get back at him I gave him a little kick in the shin when he was doing squats hoping he would just collapse and fucking die, the roids were gonna kill him anyways. He got pissed off and asked me if I wanted to go outside, so I accepted his challenge. Headed to the changing room to grab something first.This is a pic of me before I go out and slice this fucking monkey.

>last set of deadlifts
>bar slips from my hands on the final rep
>old skinnyfat man goes over to me and starts screaming in my face
>"Don't make all that noice" etc.
>tell him to calm down, it was not on purpose
>he shakes his head and walks away

>every time I see him now, he gives me dirty looks

> be me
> old cuck asks to work in with me
> say no
> "That's not polite! That's against the rules!"
> Tell him he asked a question and I responded
> He gets the staff
> They tell him to wait
> 30 minutes later the staff member finds me and tells me I handled the situation well and the other dude was being a fag

wtf is working "in"?

sharing the same machine/equipment by rotating sets

>dyel detected

Why would you say no though?

because this is /fit, people have autism.

>Be me, a former fatty that became a Chad
>See a natural Chad pull towel off some fatty's bench while he is obviously resting between a set
>Notice fatty is intimidated, but clearly looks a bit upset
>Have seen fatty working his off the past few weeks, feel bad
>Walk up and confront Chad
>"A towel on a bench means it is in use"
>"So what? I'm working in"
>"Did you ask?"
>"No"
>"Then fuck off"
>Sizes me up for a second, then walks away mumbling under his breath

I've seen him a few times, but I think he avoids me now. I only said "Fuck off" because his tone warranted it, I was hoping for a polite interaction.

the hero the gym needs

>want to do face pulls
>some guy is doing flys
>"How many sets you got left?"
>Guy slowly takes off his headphones
>"The fuck did you just say to me?"
>"I just asked how many sets you have left, man."
>"Oh shit, sorry man I thought you said something else"
>Guy's face goes red and lets me work in
>Apologizes again before he leaves

Would do again

All the time when I was smaller. But that's what you get for lifting in a 50% Muslim gym

> On military bench doing shoulder presses
> Gigantic guy, 2 inches shorter than me but at least 50lbs of more muscle obvious roider comes up to me
> Excuse me sir, how many more sets do you have left?
> Only 2, but you can work in if you'd like, I'm gonna be a second pretty winded from the last one
> Oh no that is okay, thank you very much sir I appreciate it
> No problem
Pretty fucking tense.

>fat as 'former pro kick boxer' friend comes to gym with me
>had to firmly explain to him that doing 50 rep sets with stupidly low weights and shit form is retarded
>"err I think I know what I'm doing user I'm a former athlete"
>just ignored him for the rest of my workout and refused to go to the gym with him again

About as tense as it's got for me

If you want to be safe, any time you increase in weight a reasonable amount. For example, 245 is my comfort zone for reps. I can go up to 265 without needing a spot. More than that is a little sketchy if I want to finish a 6 rep set.

Dutch?

>Be me
>5'8 180 lb shredded king of manlets
>In a power rack performing the glorious OHP with lmao1pl8
>Rack directly adjacent to corner bar
>Feeling stiff so pick up the corner bar and start pressing it
>3 reps in I hear some behemoth with a powerlifting bod shout intelligibly from across the gym
>"Hey! Iharbedonthestupfuckthing!"
>Lolwut?
>Keep pressing because the corner bar was empty, can't be talking to me
>Comes up behind me and grabs me on the shoulder and pulls me off
>Bar crashes onto the wooden platform with the noise of 1 million gainz goblins
>Pick up a 10lber ready to smash it over Goliaths hwas
>Backs off when he realizes I'm not a lil bitch

Apparently this guy had a history of being retarded so he was forcibly removed by like 6 people, police were called and hes barred from the gym. Fuck that guy. Still salty about it.

I like you, user

>DYEL polski guy literally curing in the power rack
>ask how many sets he's got left
>''no''
>can I work in?
>''no''
>gesture me squatting since he clearly dosen't understand
>back up into girl carrying 20kg plate
>she falls over and hits her head on the plate holder
>massive gash to her face
>everyone looking at me like I'm some sort of retard
>dont even bother trying to explain, just walk away
>turn up for my next session and my membership has been cancelled

ggwp all eastern euros must hang
>bump into girl behind me

it's really not retarded depending on what you're looking to get out of the gym, if you wanna get huge, do 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps, if you wanna lift as much as humanly possible, do 5 sets of 3-5 reps, if you want the endurance to beat the shit out of a dude several rounds then doing higher rep ranges makes sense
so unless he is literally doing 50 reps with pink neoprene dumbbells, he's not doing anything wrong

You just described my experience with every gym in Miami.

Because more often than not, the person working in is going to do something retarded, want to strip off all your weight, and/or take fucking forever.

You're doing Gods work mate

i've only ever had one minor annoying encounter in a gym.
>approaching stretch rack before workouts
>about to step up on it
>dindu dyel comes up behind me and motions for me to take out my earphones
>"ayo i was usin that"
>i back up, let him use it
>he does a few pullups while his fat mudshark takes a snapchat video
>there are several pullup bars in the gym
>stretch rack specifically says "do not use for pullups"

You're a big guy.

>Doing 2 sets of flys with 35 dumbbells.
>Weird pack of roided manlets is wandering around the gym in Monster clothing doing retarded shit like curling in the squat rack
>One manlet is taking each dumbbell weight set and doing a set of standing shoulder raises
>Walks over to me and says "You almost done there champ"
>Give him a Stone Cold Steve Austin WAT for the retarded fucking attempt at being a cool guy
>He stutters and asks me if how many more I have left like a normal person
>Manlets all glare at me the rest of the time they are there

They were all fucking faggots and I never saw them again after that. One of many reasons I just built a gym at home.

it was penis inspection day
I did not wash my foreskin
My personal trainer was really angry
and called my mom

Wait what happened? What's a corner bar?

>Confrontation
>at gym

Wtf are you doing at gym?

this made me happy

what the fuck did i just read

> tell roided manlet that if I hear him deadlift loudly one more time I will call a gym attendant and get him banned for lifetime
> manlet stops deadlifting loudly

>not washing it in the way to the gym
Its like you want your junk fondled by Mr.Stevenson

Guy sitting on next bench throws dumbbells down to his side and nearly fucking crushed by foot (20kg+). Told PT and he got a telling off hehe!

Guessing for T-bar rows

>on a full body session
>all supersetted (push & pull moves and all that shit)
>usually go to gym in morning since its empty and I can use all equipment
>runninglate.jpeg
>start my routine anyway
>doing barbell rows+ bench, these taking a rack and a bench
>fatass walks in, sit on my precious bench
>goes up to him
>tells him I'm using bench
>he stares at me like a retarded ape
>I keep staring at him till he gets up
>he walks away
>I have the biggest smile on my face as he does
>dude keeps staring at me the whole session
>later on that session, while doing some high pulls, user runs bar over cock
>user passes out
>fatass had the last laugh

you're a faggot

>a semi-buffed dude unracks my bench literally seconds after I finish my first rep
>"Ayoo bro, I'm using it"
>"I need the bench, go use something else"
>at this point i'm not sure if this guy has never been smacked in the face or what
>"are you fucking kidding me with that attitude?" I ask
>"what is it bro, you wanna take this outside ??" he cocks up
>"actually yeah, I would like you to leave this gym and never come back." I say, as I pull the badge from under my shirt which clearly says Personal Trainer/Co-founder @ user's Gym
> "whatever , this is a shit gym anyway bruv, if you were a real man you were gonna take it outside, not a pussy"
>"Fine, let's take this outside, in front of the camera. I'll give you a bonus first swing if you want, just so you can't sue me after I kick the living shit out of you"
>He got so angry and defeated by that comment that he felt it was necessary to start thrashing random eq on his way to the locker room.
>He dropped a 20kg plate really close to a clients head that was doing abs at the moment
>Literally, one punch was all it took to knock this cuck out.
>He sued both me and the gym
>Lost both cases

Some guy was going all UUUAAAA apeshit after a deadlift, quickly turned around and bumped into me.
He was all "GET OUTTA MY WAY" and I said sorry, he then apologized afterwards. He was a good lad.

Not him but you're a fucking faggot. Set the weight down you stupid nigger, stop dropping it. That pretty much alleviates 99% of the noise issues with a deadlift. Really you should be setting that shit down softly for anything under 4 pl8 barring an grip failure.

>on a full body session
>all supersetted

I do that on my volume days mane.

use a spotter for weights wherein you may drop it on yourself and get hurt

what shithole do you live where that is the norm for your gym?

HAHAHA what do you think he thought you said?

DB bench is the preferred bench of autismos

>how many sets do you have left?
>you never have sex do you? slav shet

i hope this is true

Dunno but during my first visit I overheard a story about some guy hurling a plate at another dude. Ever since then I've been paranoid not to piss someone off, because I imagine that could literally kill me to death, being such a manlet skeleton and all.

t. nigger

>hey are you working out?

>I haven't had anything serious happen at the gym.(I've been going to the same Y for years.
>About six years ago a former skelly version of myself was walking around looking for an attachment to do lat pulls.
>Step in front of older guys girlfriend as he is training her.
>He's a regular and very jacked, on roids.
>Looks at me. "Are you fucking kidding me.
>I stare him down the rest of the session between my sets.
>Years later we actually talk occasionally.
>Calls me brother whenever we talk.
>Gave me a nice pair of gym shoes.
>Obviously respects me and my gains. Although he is still fucking jacked.
Feels good.

>DYEL detected

I almost got thrown out of a gym.

I was hitting a heavy squat triple in the rack and when I was coming up out of the hole, the bar hit some jackass who was grabbing weights from the side. Ended up tipping and dropping the bar, I was PISSED.

I didn't end up getting kicked out because the staff knew he fucked up.

Art

>Be me
>Doing cardio at gym
>See Chads practicing cardio
>Decide to pick on smallish kid next to them
>One of the chads trips the kid on the treadmill
>Sends him flying
>I help him up..he is in tears
>Feelsbad
>Chads be giggling
>I tell buddy to sit around for a bit
>I pretend to go into bathroom
>Come back and the cardio room is filled with new women since theres a class soon and their warming up
>Chads are now trying to show off
>I pants them one by one
>One of them flys off treadmill
>One of them hops off and runs away
>The last one had his boxers sucked into the treadmill and was pant less

Moral of the story is don't let me catch you being a bully because I will pants you.

>benching
>guy asks me how many sets I have left
>I remove my earphones and explain I still have 3 sets, but he can work in
>he and his girlfriend leave the weight room and never return

What the fuck...?

I like this story but there is no fuck8ng way you surprise pants 3 people in a row

i dream of the day i can pants a bully. story sounds fake but the image had me lollin.

>things that never happened

ceraloulsy the fucks wrong with you,what you thinks gonna happen??? Fuckin pussy man up or kill yourself you goddamn geneticall dead end.
You are the reason why there will be no whites left in max 5 years

Where you train at NIqquaa??
If its the middle of the night, as you stated in the post of yours sir then just fuckin set up a bench in the squat rack and use the metalthingy´s as security.

I have a couple. Not going to write them out entirely but give you a quick rundown

>5 years ago
>kid I know is being douche
>ignore him but he keeps following me around gym talking shit
>He's on his 5th cycle so I figure roid rage
>After 30 mins finally gets to me
>He's doing triceps on a pullie
>Walk up and ask him if he wants to step outside
>He says "Ill fuck you up right here"
>Smack him so hard across the face (stiff hand dad smack) that an imprint is left immediately
>start yelling in my gym saying I'll beat him harder than his father ever has
>He gets teary eyed and screams "LEAVE ME ALONE"
>Literally runs away
>Left standing there in a fully packed gym at rush hour with people looking at me with disgust and horror.

>a month ago
>With a couple buddies at new gym
>Group of gangbanger Puerto Ricans in their middle age always hog machines and talk
>Notice them on a bench, behind them is a machine for your shoulders (don't know what its called)
>Walk over and sit down
>Immediately Puerto Rican who is at least 45 with neck tattoos starts yelling at me to get up
>I turn around and ask why
>He says because "I said so!" trying to act tough
>Ignore him
>He says hell rip me off the seat
>I tell him if he does I'll beat him to death with a weight and then have my SWAT buddies go to his house (I do actually have SWAT buddies).
>He doesn't say anything, leaves
>My friends think I'm some kind of badass.
>I say I'm not, just a grown man who won't take shit from people trying to bully me.

Those are my two confrontation stories. I'm not a badass. These happened just like I said. Stand up for yourselves and people will treat you with more respect. If you get into a fight, so what. It's just a fight.

rape his wrinkly ass in the showers.

SHOW DOMINACE

So what? Why the fuck should a chad have to commit an act of conversion to a beeing that is obviously beneath him? Your parents didnt raised your correct son. Next time i want you to share a glass of whisky with that chad who you insulted so brazent.

And if you cross roads with that fat son of a bitch make sure he learns his inferiority.

He was trying to build strength/muscle and was convinced pounding out as many reps as possible with 6kg Dumbbells was the way to go about it.

Next time, actually insult him while he´s wearing his headphones. He will smile and take them off because you re buddys by now.

For the bystanders it will look like you just ascerted some dominance.

From now on you can walk in to the girls locker and fuckem whenever you want, its cool buddy, they think you alpha, trust me.

>>Be me
'8

Pic related is the solution for your true mental strain.

Are you legitimately autistic?

fuck you faggot i would give you shit too. dont deadlift so much if that makes a bar slip from your hands.