Stretching calves all day

Is it a bad idea to stretch my calves for the majority of the day?
Some background:
I was born with a short achilles tendon. Short to the point that I walked around on my toes all the time.
Due to embarrassment from this, over the years I've slowly begun to stretch these out, even if it was extremely difficult. I'd take great pains to make sure that I was fully stretching the tendon (as far as I could) when I walked.

The thing is that now, I seem to have hit the limit of how much just ensuring that my heels fully hit the floor can affect my walking and mobility. Due to the many years of walking on my toes and the "pop" in my step (bouncing up strangely high when I get to the toe part of a step), my calves are insanely overdeveloped and I still walk sort of strangely.

I've begun working at a standing desk and spending the majority of the day standing like this (although my heel doesn't touch the ground). Is this a good, or a bad idea? Is there any chance that by stretching, my calves will look less strangely bulbous? Is stretching for this length of time counterproductive?

Dude are you me?

I got bullied in middle school for this birth defect, though I have nice calves as a result

Show meaty calves

Just practice walking with a full heel-toe stride. Stretching your calves all day every day can be a bad idea though. The stretching won't necessarily decrease the size of the muscle either. If you really want to do that, just don't work your calves and work on changing the way you stride. Your calves will atrophy a little bit and then you can just maintain them.

As for mobility, stretch and smash your calves at most twice weekly, preferably spacing the days out as much as possible. For completeness' sake, you may as well work on your entire leg.

Post pics of calves

Pretty sure there was a kid with this condition in my elementary school. I always thought he was just physically retarded.

They're too big for me, it just makes me look really fucked up when I wear skirts and I can't get a lot of jeans on unless they're stretchy.

those arent even big
one coworker girl has calves bigger than i do that end basically on her ankles

she also has big feet like 45 or some shit while being 6'0 or something

Those look ok desu, hard to say from this pic tho, can you make just standing pic where we can see up to thigh

maybe try knee high socks with skirts? its super hot when girls wear that

I do wear knee high socks with skirts, but it doesn't work in the summer.

desu that's a flattering photo, it makes my legs look masculine as hell if you're looking at them from any other angle.

I'm not sure how I could take a photo like that without a mirror or a way to prop my phone desu

make a makeshift stand with somethinf

MAN FUCK YO BONE SPURS

Are you autistic?

I work with autistic kids and a lot of them walk on their toes. It's definitely an autistic thing

make your quads and hamstrings bigger and never work your calves

simple as that

>T-REX MODE
>ENGAGED

Is that something to do with autistic people having fucked up bowels and reflexology meme pressurr points linked to bowels on their feet triggering discomfort unless they walk on toes?

Just wear cowboy boots everywhere

Yeah, but I'm not autistic. I was just born with short achilles tendons.

I didn't feel the "need" to be on my toes, I was just physically incapable of not being on them.

I have shitty tendons too, also used to walk on my toes most of the time in elementary, but only at home because I couldn't in shoes. It's really frustrating that I can't squat correctly.

Feet are sensitive and they don't deal with that shit well.

Doing calve raises with full range of motion, multiple (6-10 sets) to failure will help lengthen the muscle and tendon. Also, stretching between sets, will assist. Holding a stretch constantly will damage your tendon and permanently weaken it, especially if you stretch it beyond 30% of it's range of motion for more than 30 seconds. Do these calf raises and stretches 3x/week with a rest weak where you do nothing but very light stretching and 20 or so bodyweight calve raise just to get blood flowing. Make sure you hydrate and eat properly.

Do the rest week every 4 weeks, 7 days of rest minimum.

Fascinating. It turns out I went to high school with someone that had the same issue. I had no idea, everyone just assumed he was retarded.

I went to school with a retarded kid who walked like that, we just assumed it was because he was retarded (he was)

I don't care about your birth defect, just walk like a proper human being, it's really not that difficult.

>calve raises
How would calf raises make the muscles leaner?

In some people's case (like mine) it's literally impossible without years of work.
Also
>Do the physically impossible
>It's easy dipshit just do it
asshat

FEEEEEET I WANT YOUR FEET ROASTIE!
GIVE. ME. YOUR. FEET.
POST FEET RIGHT NOW ROASTIE.
FEEEEEET!

Longer*

Research has shown that strength training is as if not more effective for improving flexibility Than conventional stretching. High sets and reps assure that micro tears take place especially when the group is pushed to its failure. Rest time every 4 weeks allows with light volume allows the muscles to heal properly with length added, muscles take 7-14 days to heal. The range of motion will improve with time, it's important to push to the full range of motion but not beyond what's acceptable.

be my gf and we'll make strong sons with big, powerful calves and they'll be olympic sprinters or highjumpers or something

this is your only chance don't waste it

has this ever worked for you

user I owe you my squats. After this I was finally able to squat heels on the ground. I'll keep at it for some time