Struggle with 85 kg bench for reps

>struggle with 85 kg bench for reps
>press 55 for reps
>take a break from lifting
>start doing close to a total of 1000 of various pushups (normal, diamond, handstand, raised feet, etc.) a day
>same with dips and chinups but with less total volume (~300-500)
>do this for 2.5 months every day apart from sunday
>go from 36 pushups to 92 in a single set
>23 bw dips to 64
>18 chinups to 52
>return to gym
>get up to 105 bench for 6
>75 press for 3
>+40 kg chinups for 4
>+60 kg dips for 5

bw exercises are underrated when done for insane volume

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DcdI_wwmJ10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Volume in general is under rated.
Doing a lot of volume is harder than a few sets of 5 a few times a week.

People here talk down higher volume work the same way they talk down cardio.
Its because lots of people are lazy and want easy results without too much effort input.

Its why theres good looking muscular guys who's routines look retarded, but they still make gains because they put a lot of effort into a lot of volume.

Also there's other issues like people moving from 5 rep sets to 12 rep sets and not realising that blasting out 12 reps as fast as possible defeats the entire reason of higher rep sets.

bait

>hurr durr nobody can get stronger unless they do 3x5 for everything.

You got those results from only doing pushups?
Please detail your routine more closely
And weight,heaight,stats?

What were stats on the 4 major lifts, the 1st time you went to gym using this routine?

Can find some more details on what kind of sets you did and stuff?
Thanks OP

try it before you knock it. i've read through tons of shit and in the end i found some old russian method that had lifters do tons of weighted pushups and dips. even sheiko PL routines have quite a few of dips and pushups in them. so i decided to give it a shot since i needed a break from lifting anyway and it worked wonders for me.

no routine really, just doing that amount of pushups, dips and chinups throughout the day.

like i said in first post i could easily do 30 pushups in a single set when i first started this so i did around 20 then rested a few minutes then 20 again and so on. sometimes i'd have a longer rest if i was busy but all it mattered to me was to get close to 1000 reps at the end of the day. i tried to keep all variations at in the same rep range and if some felt harder i just did those more like for example elevated feet diamond pushups instead of normal ones.

i usually combined both pushup and chinup sets then took the rest and then went again. did pushups and chinups in the morning/noon and dips in the evening. around 174 cm (5'8?) and around 75 kg (165 lbs).

first post for bench and press. squat was 120 for 5 and deadlift 145 for 3. chinups were +20 kg for 5 and dips were at +30 for 8 (probably could do them a bit heavier).

so my bench, press and chinups all went up by 20 kg. even when i did 105 for 6 on bench i didn't struggle as much as i did before my break at 85 so probably i could get to around 110 for at least 3 or maybe 4 reps. but what surprised me the most was the strict press weight jump. i'm pretty sure dips were the main cause of it. in addition to that the weight on them went up by 30 kg. haven't deadlifted yet but squat felt pretty easy at 120 for 5x5 but that's from being recovered.

did as many as i could but never to complete failure. when i started with pushups i could do around 30-35 before complete failure. so when i first started doing this for volume i would stop at around 20 to 25. basically i always had at least 3-5 more reps in me. found that this worked best for me since i could bang out way more sets.

for example i could do at least 10 or more sets of 20 with pretty low rest time between before i had to lower the reps or increase rest time between them. if i went very close to or to failure then i couldn't do as many and needed more rest time between them. but like i said, i didn't care how many i could do per set, all i cared was that i did close to 1000 at the end of the day.

for variations like i said i just tried to keep it all in the same ratio. basically i just went by RPE (rated perceived exertion scale). i'd start with a set of normal pushups to warm myself up then do a few sets of handstand pushups, then a few sets of normal ones again, then diamond, etc. i rotated the ones i found hard with the ones i found easy so i recovered for hard ones in between them.

for me personally it went like

elevated hands handstand pushups >> handstand pushups >> elevated feet diamond pushups > any other variation i've tried > normal pushups

Bump for interest.

Think I might try this myself as I'll be away from the gym for a month or so.

Manlet general?

post pics

elevated hands handstand pushups at 75 kg is already fucking spectacular , I think they're the one who gave you all the strength gainz

Wait, you could already do handstand pushups and elevated HS when you started?
Also you didnt squat in 2.5months and still didnt lose any squat gains?

*How did you maintain squat gains?
Bump, pics pls.

>>+60 kg dips for 5
enjoy your fucked up shoulders

some people..

How tf you were able to do 1000 push ups + 300 dips in a single day but was stuck at 85kg bench?

I'm currently stalled at 80kg bench and I'm able to do 200 push ups or so, not to mention dips which are way worse.

Any significant arm and growth?

Oh I get it now

i want to believe you user, i really do. but i highly doubt im going to put 45 lbs on my bench from doing pushups for 2.5 months. gonna try adding bodyweight stuff in addition to my normal weight training though. also pics wouldve been nice

OP
>I'll exaggerate just a few of these numbers
>well, a few more won't hurt
>hmm, my story doesn't sound quite good enough though to prove my argument, maybe just a few more exaggerations...

>fuck it we're going ALL THE WAY

This. Op is either lying, having shitform, king of the skeletons or using bad form. Actually sad that such shitty bait triggers me

i would believe him if he would have said he did it all in at least half a year, 2.5 months is just not enough time to add that gain that much absolute volume capacity

>insane volume
Who wants to spend all day exercising

Enjoy tearing your exausted muscles from the bone

I can barely bench 1pl8 for 10reps

I can also only do 20 consecutive pushups.
Can I just do a fuckton of pushups every day to get my bench up significantly?

6'4 210lbs

I'm coming off an injury and the main lifts I'm working on are dips, chins, push ups, and inverted rows. Used to bench just under 2 plates, when I restarted I could barely get 95 up. Assisted dips and push ups already got me back to 135, but I can still feel sore in my left pec, lat, and shoulder. Oddly enough it's my right pinky that's still numb.

6'6 235 btw.

OP what is your height?

Im sorry but I can't imagine what a elevated hands handstand push-up is. How do you elevate your hands from a handstand? Your feet are already perpendicular to your hands, elevating them would only raise your entire body, no? You wouldn't change the angle at all. What is an elevated hands handstand push-up ?

I guess you put the hands on separate objects/"stands" so you're able to lower your head beneath them (otherwise the floor would limit your ROM).

My friend and I were stalling like fuck on SS, so we did a hypertrophy/endurance/volume focused routine for a month and corrected form, too, then by the end of the routine we hit a new PR and have been making substantially faster gains for a bit and handling the form for our lifts much more easily.

I think for people with under a year of lifting, or returing after long absences, de loading and volume work when you first stall helps a trumendous amount in breaking the stall.
My reasoning is that things like tendons, joints, stabilizers, etc need more time to catch up with the big muscle groups in terms of strength. Volume with good form will help those things get stronger and get ready for more weight.

Basically train triceps and your bench goes up.

I had no idea, thanks op.

Welcome to nucleus overload son

Welcome to nucleus overload son

>23 bw dips to 64
>18 chinups to 52
>start doing close to a total of 1000 of various pushups (normal, diamond, handstand, raised feet, etc.) a day
>same with dips and chinups but with less total volume (~300-500)

Wow, it's like volume blocks build the base for strength realization.

Shocker.

to be fair, people do lower volume to go easy on joints, high volume is good, but too much volume and rip your joints, f@maland

How the ever loving fuck do you have the time to do 1000 pushups a day?

yes. pushups will help with strength until you get in the 50+ range, then it just turns to cardio at that point

when you can do around 30 in a set it goes pretty fast desu

what said. youtube.com/watch?v=DcdI_wwmJ10

ITT: I strengthened my tris and my heavily tri dependent lifts went up.