Have you ever gone cold turkey on sugar? How did it go?

Have you ever gone cold turkey on sugar? How did it go?

Few times in the past because diabetic- mostly got big carb cravings and went on binges after a couple days

Once more when starting keto. Problem solved, haven't had sugar in close to a year now

Money addiction became stronger than simple carb addiction and oats are cheap

It is very rare that I eat any sugar

It is similar to a smoking addiction. You will crave it, but that feeling will diminish with time.

Another interesting effect is that if you're using to eating sugar with a meal (say, a coke and desert with dinner), you will crave a massive amount of calories at that meal rather than sugar itself.

I might be somewhat addicted to sugar. I crave something sweet after every meal and if I eat something sweet before my meal I lose my appetite.
Never went cold turkey but severely restricted it to only honey in oats and 1 bar (17g) of dark chocolate once a day. I eat a lot more sugar now, because I can afford to. When you eat 3k calories and only about 100-150g of those need to be protein and you're eating your veggies every day, the rest can be whatever you want it to be.

I recently watched "That Sugar Film" and counted up the sugar i eat in a typical day. I get about 10g of total sugar from a little bit of fruit and fiber one cereal.

In general I just don't crave sugar like I used to. It's pretty bad stuff tbqh. And companies add it to fucking everything.

Why even use a pyramid if you're just going to slice the rows up into equal sizes anyway?

When I quit, I quit cold turkey, wasn't difficult at all since I was bulking anyway. A big thing for me was not going grocery shopping while hungry.

>I rarely eat any sugar!

Uh.. so you eat a diet of plain chicken, beef, and pork and no veggies? Are you aware of what a sugar is?

being this dense

The sugar Jew is very tricky. You must avoid at all costs to make gains. If you're a soda person (god help you) then switch to Zevia. The caffeine, sweet taste, and carbonation will help weane you off it. Plus none of the cancerous dyes or artificial sweeteners of diet soda.

Been sugar free for 2 weeks.

Trying to cut to 190/200, 235 currently.

I was a massive sugar addict even when I became lean. I would fast the whole week so I could eat a shit ton of chocolate and icecream on the weekend and stay lean.

I just went cold turkey and forced myself to eat healthy. If I craved sugar I had a massive plate of tomatoes, which have very little calories but filled me up to the point where I didn't want anything anymore.

Do you still crave sugar?

Caffeine addict here: I was a soda drinker and I had to lean myself off.
I went from a few sodas to one coffee a day that had very little sugar. I did that for about two weeks until I was able to drink nothing but black coffee.
I was already skinny but I lose about 10-15lbs

Is keto a meme or does it actually work for you? A lot of foods that I like seem to be keto, so I'm thinking of making the shift.

I think it took me a couple of weeks to get over cravings. Then I pretty much didn't care. But my Dr told me to get more fruit in my diet so I'm back to getting cravings again.

Yeah, but I think once you've had something as addicting and delicious as sugary junk food, you never stop craving it. You just get better at resisting it.

Fruit isn't bad. The "bad" sugar is the one from processed shit. Fruit is good and actually non-addicting because it has fiber and vitamins along with the sugar, whereas shit like chocolate and cake is high in both sugar AND fat AND chemicals that turn you into an addicted, fat slow mess.

> only 10 g from fruit or cereal

> When most cereal are 60% sugar by weight
>and fruit at least 15%

Would you couple a spoon of sugar with a multivitamin and a fiber supplement and call it healthy ?

Sugar is sugar , no matter the source .

I'm not an expert but I'd say no. It's best to get your sugar from food that also has fiber and vitamins (so fruit). Don't forget that oats and other carbs also have sugar in them as glucose. There's no need to add a spoon of sugar to anything or to take it plain like that, you'll just be feeding your addiction.

lads i eat 100g dark chocolate a week

resonable?

>that pic
>"whole grains"
Did you know? If you live in the U.S., eating WHEAT may slowly kill you. They LITERALLY drench it in Roundup (glyphosate-bearing weed killer) in a process called 'dessication', to improve crop yield; ALL modern farmed wheat is FULL Of glyphosate residue, which will cause a whole shitload of health problems including CANCERS.

What wrong with potatoes?

>retards not realizing that sugar is in almost anything, not only sweets

Cut out the sugary snacks / soda / ketchup and whatever is quite clearly sugary and that's it.

Every fucking day a new meme diet, it's insane.

That's the old food pyramid though:

>I rarely eat any sugar!
>Yes you do

>omg you are so dense how could you think that I meant I don't eat sugar?

A little rough at first but after that it feels great

>in the US

It's like that in most of the developed world now as well. Except in France it's hard to even buy organic foods outside of the boutique health stores.

I eat a pound of frozen blueberries, 3 bananas, half a pineapple, and then a little here and there from cliff / fig bars. Feelsgoodman

every day*

Yeah no shit, sugary things taste good.

Doesn't make it healthy. Which is the threads intention, incase you haven't noticed.

>CHEMICALS

Confirmed drop out

>organic food
>implying food is inorganic

please, show me this wonderful silicon-based food source.

Seriously, this 'organic' and 'health food' shit needs to die.

Fruits are healthy if you consume them very limited.
Vitamins you have to supplement anyways unless you are vegan and eat 2kg veggies a day.

Fruit is for the most part just as much a snack as a piece of chocolate. Slightly healthier.
Still way too much sugar.

'Organic' refers to the farming method, generally referring to not using pesticides and herbicides.

Do yourself a favor: Go google 'glyphosate' and look for the articles and studies done on how much of it persists in the food you eat and what it does to your body long-term. You're welcome.

"there is poison in everything, and everything is poison. the dose is the only significance" or some shit like that.

go cry over some other useless shit, while sitting in your sunless cave eating fucking lichen because 'muh toxins'

I've been cold turkey on sugary junk food for months (exception: had cake on my birthday, because family bought me one and it would have been rude as fuck not to have some). Cold turkey has been awesome, because I used to have a nasty sweet tooth but now I've completely stopped craving useless sugar disaster foods like donuts / ice cream / soda / whatever. The sugar in healthier stuff like fruit is sweet enough for me now, it's pretty dope. Frozen grapes are the shit

You literally eat sugary stuff - fruits. And at the same time you claim not to crave sugary things anymore.

What the fuck?

I mean, it's an improvement, for sure, but doesn't have much to do with the thread that was asking about litterally not eating sugary things at all.

I tried it for a while, the cravings were pretty crazy. You don't expect to be sitting there at 7pm thinking about cranberry juice but that's what happened to me.

Felt good though. Never got the Itis a single time while I was on that diet, eating always made me feel great.

Whenever I go for a hard bike ride for 2+ hours, I always get that hypoglycemic feeling.

Should I just ignore it?

No, sugar is good for you

Don't listen to these undercarbed fat unfit morons

>itt: retards spouting advice of what equals to "eat a healthy and well balanced diet"

Man, diabetes is not from carbs its from fat :\

Sadly doctors are really fucking badly educated when it comes to nutrition. Carbs are your friend not your enemy. Whole food plant based diet is something you really should look into for everyones sake!

ur dumb my dude

sugar from fibrous fruits does not act in the same way as refined sugar added to foods or dissolved in liquid

La Croix is good for kicking out soda too. Since then I don't really crave soda anymore

This is the least intelligent reply I have ever seen on fourchan. Kys

As a biologist, I wish you strangle you until death

Most shit i eat has no sugar. Rice, beans, meat, wraps, etc.

Most sugar i get is from milk and i dont drink much a day. I get about 30-50g a day maybe.

I cant go heavier om it because i get bad migraines.