What is wrong with my deadlift form?

What is wrong with my deadlift form?
I can squat 130 kg to depth but I can't even pull 3 plates. How do I fix my form?
Please explain as you would to an actual retard since reading SS and watching a dozen videos didn't seem to do the trick for me.
Here's part of a vid of me pulling 110x6.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try sumo

Try lifting the weight vertically

Try getting off SS. That is how you into t-Rex mode.

already did

I did sumo for 2 months but it only improved my deadlift by about 5kgs

Post programme, may be a programming issue

i meant as a main form. some people have weird proportions or just have much better form using sumo.

your form looks fine to me

>bar moving
Try not moving it before lifting, put it mid-foot, bring chins towards it, feel the tension on your hands, brace and explode up.
Practice with moderate weight.
For further explanation, watch Alan Thrall's last "how to preform the deadlif" vid, goes into greater details.

Canditos beginner upper/lower strength/technique

You need to get the slack out of the bar though

Something must be off, I'm a lanky fucker with long arms and I can squat 130kg, so I should be able to pull a lot more

Put your head down. You're cranking your neck up to look at yourself in the mirror and it fucks with the alignment of your spine. Neck should be neutral the whole time.

idk how this is happening but it looks like your arms are slanted backwards towards your body. Pretty sure they should be perpendicular to the ground so you're pulling the weight straight up and not at some weird angle

youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc

Watch that video. It's all you need

Whats your warm up before hitting your max? Also how long are you resting between sets?

You're pulling straight up, forcing your low back to take over instead of your hips at around mid way due to the leverages. As you can imagine, the low back is a lot smaller, and a lot weaker than your glutes/hams.

Think about leaning back (at the hips, not waist) and trying to fall over backwards as you're doing the lift as a cue and it should fix this. The bar should be in contact with your legs the entire way through the lift, if it isn't you're losing a lot of leverage and poundage.

Your form looks solid. You probably just are mentally not prepared for it. Just throw on 3pl8 and try lifting it.

You are too far over the bar, which almost certainly means that what you are doing is mechanically more like a clean deadlift.
Checklist to prove me wrong:
>is your hip internally rotated? ("knees are in" without actually being in)
>do you use your posterior chain more than your anterior chain (if your quads get tired more than your glutes, your hip hinge is bad)
>is your balance correct? (no, it's not. I can SEE that you are too far forward)

and especially I can see these, I'll try working on them, thanks a lot

So, would thinking of sitting down while pulling the bar into my shins be a good cue?

this

Your back is fucking parallel to the ground. It should be around 45 degrees.
Watch ANY deadlift video on youtube to confirm.
Either get your ass lower or the bar higher.

Sorry, but I'm not seeing what you're describing in the guy's webm. Maybe I'm still inexperienced and I'm missing something here, but the bar SHOULD move vertically, it shouldn't travel horizontally (forward/backward) at all. Can you point out to me what he does wrong in the video?

Sit back more. Engage lats

Your left arm is not straight. Arms are in tension, you should not be trying to curl the fucking thing.

This is good advice. I usually start by pushing the bar into the ground to start to get tight, then leaning back as if I were going to sit while holding onto the bar to prevent falling backwards/actually sitting down. Then it's all about lifting from a to b, straight up and focusing on that hip hinge (you're bringing your hips forward and almost incidentally that results in the bar coming up).