Creating a meme routine:

(did this thread yesterday but you burgers were sleeping or something)
Just read the Juggernaut method and the guy (world record holding powerlifter and strongman) seems to not give a fuck about what your big 3 are (he evens says you can do zercher squats instead of back squats lmao). As I'm pretty bored of doing the same shit every week when I'm never going to compete in PL, I though I'd try a routine based around different lifts I've never done. Anyone ever try that? What are some meme lifts that you think could/should be main lifts?
Also I'm gonna ask again, feel free to shop pepe punching pic related, a gif would be perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcmyYbKBJKo
youtube.com/watch?v=1tW9PieybQI
youtube.com/watch?v=2RHuN50ZbAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit is that some sort of manlet ritual

REEE WHY DON'T YOU LIKE MY THREAD YOU SS+GOMAD KUNTS

I have been doing zercher squats and holds for the past month and gotten pretty good gains from it.

Walking lunges and kettlebell swings are the favorite memelifts at my gym

I've always been curious, what's the standard weight you'd have to zercher to be considered strong? and how do you protect you tendons once you get to big boii weight?

unilateral leg work is god tier though. dunno about lunges but split squats are nice. what's the point of kettlebell swings?

No idea bruv, I do neither

romanian deadlifts

J E F F E R S O N L I F T B O I S

This is now an Eric thread. Make him proud, write your best eric routine.
Starting Eric beginner routine:

A:
>Behind the neck press (wide grip) 4x6
>Cheat barbell curl 3x12
>Zercher squat 3x5
>Jefferson Lift 2x5 (alternating legs)

B:
>Barbell Floor Press 4x6
>One arm Pullups 2xF (alternating arms)
>Front Rack Pistol Squats 2x8 (each leg)
>Zercher Deadlift 1xAMRAP

>scream for 2 minutes straight between each set. if you fail a set, scream at yourself that you've been too greedy for those fucking gains and deload by 1%

>natty
this. daily reminder that RDLs are superior if you don't compete.

Shit i didn't know Jefferson Deadlift and it looks really good !

>deload 1%
fucking lost it kek

4x6 is godtier mate

there is a whole world of lifts out there
>implying I don't know that
>implying that's not my actual routine
I'll post my gains soon user.

Aren't kettlebells pretty much a crossfit meme? Seems like their only argument is "le tough guy russian xD"

>what's the point of kettlebell swings?
Hip hinge. Similar to a deadlift but a power movement like an oly lift.

I am happy jeffersons are now getting love.

Does it actually do anything though? KBs are fucking light weight baby.

>wanting a barbell that's been all over dudes' backs up against your nuts

>wanting a bar thats been up against dudes' nuts on your back

you do them? get any sweet gainz from it? fuck, Veeky Forums needs to make a list/routine with all the lesser known GOAT lifts, I know I'd run it for giggles.

I find them useful enough, can help get everything warmed up and ready to lift. They are not a strength movement tho, no.

I use them in place of normal deadlifts in my warm ups. Really helps the lower back as (p)rehab. The form also helps a little for getting a good groove on normal deads.

It may have helped my hammie strength and size but unsure.

Front squat + RDL + OHP + weighted dips + rows & pull ups

>pull ups
any program that doesn't have chins/pullups as a main lift is just shit in my book. oddly enough I only know of one (defranco's). I mean it's so obvious that it's the best lift there is. Just goes to show you that all these "optimal" programs for "all around strength and hypertrophy" are really plcucks' attempt at dragging us down.

>oddly enough I only know of one
5/3/1 building the monolith has 50 total reps in monday and 5x5 weighted in friday

What are some good meme lifts to replace ohp? I forgot to do oho the other night and my shoulder workout was significantly better than previous ones, so I'm wondering if OHP isnt right for me.

behind the neck (snatch grip) is supposed to hit the delts much more evenly: less front delt, more side and rear but front are generally overdevelopped anyways. just do front raises if you want em. If you have the mobility they feel amazing and surprisingly natural.
That or steep incline. I also hear great things about landmine presses (either one or both hands). We need a lift wiki t b h

eh. the more you know. still, I don't understand how SS, GSLP etc. can have fucking CLEANS as a main yet no chins.

>his nuts touch the bar during jefferson
>he's a manlet and/or is old and/or has manlet arms
fuck off

I've long arms and legs and find Jefferson's really awful to set up. I do enjoy hack squats(isn't it the same thing as hack/behind the back deadlifts). 20 rep squats sets are fucking awesome, toss them on at the end of squats. Do rack pulls and even better wide grip block pulls for back gains. Split squats and deadliest are good to mix things up too

barbell flies
zeercher lunges
sumo rows
lat pull downs +55lbs in weight vest
decline leg raises

someone post that webm of the guy doing tsunami zercher lunges pls
also what the fuck would a barbell fly even look like?

Zercher Squats are manly, fun and a great core/quad lift. Go for it, desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcmyYbKBJKo

someone read fivefootdestiny's new book
in all seriousness though don't they hurt?

kek

>ctrl+f
>no reeves deadlifts
and you call yourselves a fitness board

what is the point of this lift

I feel like it brings out my upper back a lot more since I'm tall. Plus the forearm work is pretty good tbqh

>since I'm tall
figures. you'd need one hell of a wingspan to do that shit. looks crossfit tier but I can actually see the value, good on you for trying different things

>meme lifts
>nobody linking 61pwcc

All of you are scum

youtube.com/watch?v=1tW9PieybQI

what is even the point.

forgot bulgarian squats, bulgarian jeffersons, hack squats, mock car/tire deadlifts, and rip shirts 1xf

how is it superior. it's less ROM.

What about Zyzz's routine?
Is it just a meme or does it really work?

>bulgarian jeffersons
wtf does he actually do that?
also bulgarian squats are goat, thinking of doing it as my main legs exercise.

>deadlift 4xF
what a madman
everybody knows his actual routine was zumba + wiifit t b h
traps are not aesthetic btw

Well, it's a brosplit. I am not an experts but it seems a lot of people think PPL is better than brosplits if you are natty. Also if you have been training for many years, bro splits may be the only way to really bomb a muscle group and still be able to recover. So it's not really a meme unless you try it out as a natty beginner.

wider grip = larger rom

pretty sure it works grip like a fucker too because you have to pinch the plates to hold them

Fuck meme lifts, who here forbidden lifts?
> Behind the neck pressed 3x10 today

Conditioning, it's not meant to be a massively heavy strength movement.

They do but you can just put a towel/hoodie in your elbows. Part of the point of them is to build a pain tolerance.

Think an even more exaggerated snatch grip DL

It makes sense if you look at it
youtube.com/watch?v=2RHuN50ZbAA
0:25

I would recommend it to all lanklets who can't get by with just normal DL

You can get a standard bar like the ivanko ob-86 and adjust the internal collars.

It works grip if you do it like Reeves, but most people now do a bastardized version using those tri grip plates. Removes a lot of the grip aspect. A similar bastardization is the flat footed hack squat, what's even the point?

Tsatsouline use the Reeves dl in his deadlift workshops, firing up the grip allows you to get tighter and lift way more.