Brit thread

Brit thread.

Anyone a user of pure gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeemaps.com/map?group=2527599
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

alright chaps

nah I go to a little hole in the wall, bit of a scam for what I get as the equipment is all shit and the benches are more duct tape than leather at this point but it's literally 5 minutes away

it's on an industrial estate so it's just a big converted warehouse. This means it's just way too expensive to cool (because the owners are cheapskates)

in the winter it's fucking freezing, and in the summer you have sweat dripping down you just from opening your locker

I like it though, does the job

sounds like my gym

in the industrial estate as well 5 mins away from our council estate

west sussex?

Puregym cambridge here

Enjoying the sun chaps?

How to pick a gym?

I have two options:
>Pure gym
Fairly new machines
No pools
Cheap
Classes included
Within 20mins cycle (Birmingham broad Street)

>Local council gym
More expensive
Pool and sauna
Personal trainer included
20 minute walk away
Gym equipment packed in a bit more and older

Used to go until end of last year when they made upgrades and now you cant even do standing curls its so packed

any of you lads use The Gym Group 24 hour gyms

nah mate, south east essex

used to be run by a proper sound lot, they were proper encouraging to the people that went there, did monthly awards for most improved, it was proper family-like but they had to sell up and it's changed hands a few times since, same decor, different owners who don't really want to know - but it's alright because I'm at the stage where I just want to be left to it

only other option is forking out £50 a month to use the leisure centre which is 5 minutes away in the other direction. Means I can swim and use their climbing walls but their free weights section is diabolical

how much more expensive

seems like the council gym no question, but all depends on the price

>want to get into lifting
>live in London
>basically no gyms nearby that aren't absolutely tiny

This city sometimes...

£28 for the "one card" which is all access. It also gives access to other sandwell gyms, though they're a bit away from me and in the wrong direction for anything I do. So I'd only be going to the one.

Pure gym is £17.99 I think?

>living in london
Why do you hate yourself? Come on down to Brentwood, it's nice and comfy in here.

hmm

well depends on whether you think you'd be using the pool/sauna/PT

Is pure gym the best one lads? seems a bit pricey

Went to Fitspace which is now "Better" Gyms was very cheap
but just full of machines and the bench/barbell was always busy and the free weights section was tiny and disorganized.
Quit them and now im just getting fat. What do?

Also how long does it take you guys to get to your gym?

I go to uni here, don't have much choice unfortunately. I have to live an hour away by tube ONE WAY because the rent is so high

Puregym Broad Street is apparently a hellhole. I know people who forfeited their membership at a cost. Weights all over the place, and an awful atmosphere.

Nuffield Health is more expensive but might be a better choice, as it's next door. The new university gym in Selly Oak opens soon, though unsure of cost.

Do you know anything about the student central gym?

Pure Gym Manchester here.

So many southern cucks in this thread

Used to use one in Norwich, I was happy with it. Weight area was too small for peak time though, and the plates were hexagonal which is retarded.

I chose my current place based on proximity to the gym, so about one minute away.

C A M B R I D G E

You at uni there? I'm a local in the surrounding villages. In Durham atm for my uni.

>one minute away.
bloody hell this is the dream.
I've got one place which is a 40 min walk and one where I can take the tube which takes 30 min

Hello Ahmed

Ah yes, the shitty commuting days of uni. And in London no less. Well, let's hope you finish quick so you can move out.

Pool I would use. Never been in a sauna so no idea about that. PT would be useful for a few months I guess.

>student central gym
Never heard of this before, what's it all about?

Only one more year, then I can have the privilege of living in a place larger than a parking garage.

Hey fellow brum!

Problem with the uni gym is you don't pay monthly, you pay per term, so that's 3-4 months you've paid for in advance.

alri lads, any brighton people in?

>all these povvos ITT

*gets the bannatynes security guard to eject you*

>what's it all about?
It's the gym near SOAS,Birkbeck and UCL, inside the university of london group 's student union building.
basically shared between all universities. I only use the place for classes and some club events every now and then though.

>unironically going to bannatynes
>unironically being a poortherner
>calling anyone else a povvo
howling

Oxford, gonna be moving to Headington in September and there is no gym within walking distance REEEEEE

>poortherner

mate I'm from south and I'm poor as shit lmao

was only a joke mate, couldn't pay me to go there

they have Bannatynes in London and Brighton too you fucking spacker, chin yourself

don't you ever - EVER - call me a poortherner again

>in the industrial estate as well 5 mins away from our council estate
>west sussex?

LA?

>32/month
Ehh not bad I guess. The hours could be better though. Too bad Imperial isn't a part of University of London.

Puregym Wakefield reporting in.

I use a sports direct gym in Glasgow. £15 for a decent weights room, a small pool and sauna, and all the usual cardio shit. Only downside is barely any cardio bunnies with their wee cute bums. Bargin tho

That's pretty good for a pool and gym.

Uni Gym in Norwich, shit is tiny :'( But when everyone leaves after graduation is quiet AF

Is 'The Gym' better than PureGym? There's one of each, both 24hrs, near me, and the gym is a bit cheaper. A bit further away, but a walk would do me some good.

Homegym masterrace reporting in, u mad lads?

how do you bench without a spotter desu

Not him but the fear drives me to lift harder
Also if i drop it and die that's fine too.

My house mate spots me. Also if it gets really bad i just roll it down myself, avoid crushing my dick and then deadlift it back up onto the rack.

B E A R W O O D
E
A
R
W
O
O
D

Bournemouth? We got both here too. Pretty gym is a bit shite desu, but clean, The Gym is cheaper and even shiter.

Stick with pure m80.

>QT who I've been speaking to a lot just joined my gym
>She says I'm going to coach her and in return she's going to teach me how to not be so weird
I think I'm going to make it lads

I like that they've got the swimming baths right next to the Bristol Road.

>pretty
Pure ffs

Nah London. I think theres a pure gym literally a minute away now that I look closer, but from the reviews it apparently gets crowded fast. They probably only have 1 rack too

Ahh it's not even 24hr. Dropped.

>living in Oxford
>not having a bike
shiggy

Not him but Im in bournemouth too. You at uni?

Pure Gym Bayswater London here, who else?

How the fuck do you know where I live?!

I went to school there. Used to go to fitness first in that shopping centre

Fuck riding around in the shite weather we have here normally, been bloody lovely today though

Feels lucky lads, got a small mma focused gym with full set of Olympic weights/barbells that's always quiet as hell when I'm there.

Leeds Pure Gym here. I lift in all 3 of them around the city.

They're pretty chill, I usually go in the early mornings and it's never too busy. Altogether a pretty peaceful gym environment. I can see how they'd get out of hand depending on your area though

>I don't need a spotter, I need a life insurance policy

how do you guys manage not getting tied into fucky contracts?

be a man. what do you mean? in the modern day a rolling contract is pretty normal t b h. you should be able to cancel whenever you want unless you're living in a backwards ass town

You go to the fitness place just off the Hagley road there? 24/7 just next to like majestic wine and the jet petrol station?

The Gym Portsmouth. £100 for 10 months so comes as a tenner a month. Free weights area is decent unless you're going in the evening. Then again I am a dyel.

I think I'd go to a puregym if I didn't have my discount for my current gym but I do enjoy having pool/sauna/jacuzzi use.

Sheffield Nuffield/Greens

>
>>in the industrial estate as well 5 mins away from our council estate
>...
>LA?

That gym has awful opening hours...

>mam i'm off down't shops me christmas bonus has come in
>put down't stellar we're havin frosty jacks tonight!

You say that now. Within about three weeks of moving out from the middle of town I was riding around coatless in all weathers.

Sheffield Millhouses Pure Gym here. It's pretty good outside peak hours.

Weird. As far as I am aware the council gym in my area is cheaper than the pure gym.

Pretty sure anything in Millhouses is going to be good. Nuffield is just a 10min walk for me though, so days like today where it shuts at 9pm I can pop out now to still make a work out. Hopefully if I ever mover deeper into S7/S11 then puregym will be a nice, cheaper option. Not sure if the houses over there go for less than 250k tho.

>Post Man
>Walk 6/7 miles a day
>600cal or so burned each day
>Lanklet so already need to eat shit loads to gain

Life is hard sometimes. Put on 1lb every other week, slow progress but I'll get there soon lads.

Well it's Sandwell Council. Gives access to a range of things as well as the gym:
Council:
One Card membership provides all inclusive access for swimming, fitness classes and gyms at all Sandwell Leisure Centres.

One Card is the ultimate individual pass
for health and fitness in Sandwell.

Gods speed user

> tfw postman delivers my package and he's none the wiser to the dragon dildo inside

Any easy gym birmingham lads?

PUREGYM FUCKING NORTHAMPTON CHECKING IN

WHO THE FUCKS WITH ME

>easy gym
Do you go there now? I'm looking for a gym in Birmingham area.

>Loughborough not mentioned

WEW

Anyone else from Greenock here? No Pure Gym here, OP.

Who anytime fitness here

Calisthenics here with dumbbells at home. I wish I could afford to go to a gym but I'm a Northerner who's too self-conscious to go to a gym.

Leeds here too. How long have you been going user? I was at Leeds Uni but never went because I was too unfit (skinnyfat) to go, and I didn't know enough about fitness and nutrition to dive straight in (weak excuse, I know).

Let's get this shit organised.

Post on this map and give a review of your gym! Put your marker on your gym location

> post on this map
> provides no link

I know it's late user, but come on, lel.

user pls lol

Fucking hell, sorry mate. Here's the link;

zeemaps.com/map?group=2527599

Cheers man, I've added.

>not doing floor press with dumbbells
if it's good enough for scooby it's good enough for me

go to feelfit mate, depends on your halls tho....

Eh Cambridge, what time do you usually go?

not that I plan on meeting up with you or anything.