Injury general

Anyone else have tendinitis? How are you guys dealing with it? Is the only cure time off?

Bump

Walk it off

A week ago had acl reconstruction. Now I can bend my knee maybe 25 degrees. Cant walk for a month.

Why does my lower left arm hurt when I release the grip on the bar after doing ez bar curls.

Week of bicep curls and never do forearm curls

If you have pain in that area, it may be tennis elbow. Consider reverse wrist curls, and rice bucket exercises if you wanna. I have the same thing from rock climbing and those help

>getting huge, biggest I've been in my life
>them gainz, friends miring
>go rock climbing with friends
>fall from bouldering wall
>snap, crackle, pop
>achilles tendon rupture
>can't exercise hard for up to 6 months

kill me

Someone plz awnser I have this too

Find a picture of an arm online and circle where it hurts.

wrist sprain so now i squat way heavy but anything to do with wrists is poverty

Ice it a lot for about 15 minutes at a time for speedy recovery

Cut down on meat and milk consumption.
If you're curling do hammer curls. It won't fuck up your wrists. Also if you did overhead presses don't grip the bar with your thumb.

Injured knee playing football.
Ligament and cartilage damage.(WTF is a patellofemoral flap?)
Feels kinda grindy when I bend my knee past 90 degrees.
Out for 4 months or so, just had hit that 225 squat.
>Feels bad man.

Probably weak forearms. Felt that and then got tennis elbow. Do reverse curls, wrist exercises and time off. I was cured after a couple weeks.

I did ultra-poverty hammer curls (10s or 15s) for lots of reps in between whatever sets.

Elbow aids went away after a week or so.

Front of the right shoulder is a bit fucked, tho I've been doing shit like arnold press and slowly working into OHP so it's no wonder really
Anything to do with shoulders besides rest?

Recently I've been able to hit depth with squats, since then I have minor pains in the circled area, sometimes is not that bad, but today I could not even squat without it hurting like a bitch. What did I fuck up and how do I fix it?

It's just on the right hip

Hey Bros.

Can someone give me some motivation. I just fell fucking around on some gymnast equipment and blew out my hamstring. I'm looking at a 2-3 week recovery, but maybe even longer to get back to weight training my legs.

I was making good progress Bros. The excitement for summer time has been muffled. I'm now training upper body only and feel like a schmuck.

Pic is my hammy.

I'm still recovering from bad elvow tendonitis and still going 4 months and on very close verge of full recovery. Basically
>ice 15-20 min a time
>rest your tendonitis as much as you can
>avoid lifting abviously
>start doing light stretches when pain goes away
>ease your way back into lifting with lighter weights so you don't immediately snap your shit again

what the fuck did you do man!?

WHERE MY IMPINGEMENT BROS AT?

Aw shit mate that sucks.

I was in the same kind of a situation last summer, completely ripped a few tendons in my right shoulder. Took me 5 months 'til I could bench again, couldn't put any pressure on shoulder for 3 months (aka no squatting or anything). Did close-grip rows and bi's for 3 months.

Sometimes you get fucked and there' nothing you can do about it, just keep your head up. My back exploded after all that focus on it though, so the bright side for you might be amazing upperbody gains?

Gl

Fractured my wrist or something not sure will find out this week. Might just start cutting now while I'm out hurt.

I was doing pic related on a thin cross member. I lost it over top and did a full front flip onto a thing metal plate with my hamstrings taking the full impact. I even lead with my legs thing I would land with my feet on the ground. Boy was I wrong. Previous pic is 5 days later btw.

Shoulder clicking for me. My shoulders have been holding me back from lifting heavier on bench because of the soreness

>be tired of running
>get a jumping rope
>fucking fun
>try to learn all the tricks

>get fucking shin splints

>take a week off
>do the stretches

>go for it again, very carefully and for 2 minutes or so
>shin splints

FUCK

Apparently I have some shit called EDS and my physio doesn't want me to lift. Any alternatives to lifting to help me bulk up?

>do the stretches
Nigga you need to learn how to research

Probably because you are an idiot.

What is this exercise for? it looks like it is training your arms? maybe shoulders

Do upper body bitch.

GET VOODOO FLOSS

Things that didn't work
>rest
>ice
>dynamic stretches
>massage
>heat
>anti-inflammatorys

Things that did work
>voodoo floss

shin splints just mean you have weak shins and you're doing something right

what kind of faggot question is that?
you take the pain and move on
TAKE. THE. PAIN.

Bullshit, a lot of people confuse tendonitis with tennis elbow that's a result of weak forearms. Literally do light hammer curls and reverse curls after you rest for like a week and a half. Mine went away right after that, no more elbow or forearm pain whatsoever.

sure I'll just take the word of some autistic sperglord over what 2 different PTs told me.

VOOODOO FLOSS OP!

I had this pain a lot last year

Don't ever sit with your legs crossed
Don't sit with your feet up on a cofffee table or ottoman
Do not ever ever grab your foot and stretch your quad by pulling your foot behind your back
Now fix it by doing these two stretches
> lie on back. Grab leg under your knee and bring it toward your chest
> lie on hands and knees. Slowly lower your butt sonit touches your heels. Your hip will go from being above your knee to being above your feet. This stretch will really feel good on your hips

But my forearms are disproportionately bigger/ stronger than any other part of my body from working labor. But you're correct on the possibility that I'm confusing tennis elbow with tendinitis.

Will look into this.

Oh and it only hurts when I do dumbell presses or any sort of flat press. Feels fine on ohp and dips.

Thanks! Does it still happen to you or did you completely fix that?

Once in a while I'll limp at work
The boots I was wearing were small and I would yank my leg out and really aggravate my hip. Switched to a larger size and now it's all gone
I always crossed my legs in chairs and now I don't

I get sharp pain on the outside of my right foot after few seconds of standing/walking around.

This started when I was running and did a sharp u-turn like an idiot. Hasn't gone away after 2 weeks or so.

Will I absolutely need to go to a doctor?

>get a legit excuse to skip leg day for 6 fucking months
>complain about it

?

>maybe even longer to get back to weight training my legs.

you look like you never weight trained your legs before, so no big loss there

I need to know some exercises I can do to tone my abs. I have a degenerative disc in my neck (c5) so can't do crunches right now. Female 5'5" 147lbs and need to get the flab under control

Massage therapist here.

figure out which muscle the painful tendon is connected to. Then massage the muscle with pressure strokes moving towards the heart.

pro tip: pushing fluid away from the heart (down the limbs) can cause swelling and even break the valves in your veins that help return blood to your heat.

fork putdowns

Nope. I damaged my knee while squatting and haven't been able to bend it much without pain since. As far as I know I hurt the cartilage under the bone and there is no cure.

Losing weight in general is going to help more than any abdominal exercises
If you want to generally build strength in your core while keeping strain off your neck and spinal column then look up yoga ab workouts and focus on the lying down exercises, especially twists that build up your obliques which keep your stomach from having a droopy look on the sides

what to do about post work out stiffness and soreness?

I'm a broken ex army fatty and want to lift again.

If you don't have pressure on your foot and you rotate your ankle with your leg just up in the air do you feel pain or when you press down on the top of your foot? If so, something is fucked
For your foot the only things you need to go to a doctor for is your ankle or if you break a bone, if you've just pulled a tendon or sprained it just keeping pressure off it will be fine and that's all the doctor will tell you to do anyway, maybe give you a splint

If it's dull pain then just taking your time warming up before lifting will remove it by the time you get to your working sets
Doing general stretching like yoga on your rest days will accelerate getting your body to the point where it won't get sore after every workout

At my heaviest I was 200 so I've come a long way but def still have more to lose. Thanks for the tips

My tendies are prone to inflamation/pain
I'm finding that slow eccentric reps helps a lot
>tendies

It is from the tendon in your quad. Do stetches for it specifically.

Also it just seems like I have sort of loose skin since I've lost so much weight. I'm wanting to tighten it up and I'm just guessing ab workouts are what I need. Still kinda new to fitness

You both disgust me.

Loose skin tightens up on its own over time to a certain degree, but building up the stabilizing musculature is always going to have everything over it look more solid as you continue to lose weight
If you want to keep your neck neutral then exercises on your back bringing your hips up or doing hanging leg raises are both great options to work your entire core

>Finally getting better
>called in for shift
>can't avoid aggrevating exercises
> back to where we started

>Injury from a fucking bouldering fall
Weak genetics.

It was a solid 10 feet from the bottom of my feet. I'm not new when it comes to rock climbing. It was just that one time when you fall wrong.

I get a tendinitis flareup from both work& gym. Pullups are my worst enemy on this, so those get a lot of lower rep volume, neutral grip only.

My latest flareup is from 2 weeks at work where I completely overworked my right forearm. My grip isn't really affected but endurance is. Basic overuse stuff; a slower week and it'll be mostly healed.

The worst is my right thumb. I abuse my right index finger & thumb, and I've developed the equivalent of gamekeeper's thumb. Arthritis stretches help some

i also think i have tedonitis
i noticed it when i was benching
i would feel this pain in my trcipes, nothing serious enough to hinder my workout, but a nuisance
did pull day, still felt it
went easy on push day, still felt it
taking some time off, hoping a week off will be enough
cant wait to go back to the gym

Did you have ACL only or did you have meniscus damage as well?

self massage, fish oil, more food.
That and your form wasn't robot perfect that day.

If I took time off using your standard, I'd never hit the gym. You're going to hate your 30s & after when your Vitamin I intake starts climbing

Ok so I've got what I think are forearm splints, like really fucking bad. I've been having to use machines because every time I pick up a weight, the inner thumb side bones in my forearms fucking kill me and I have to slowly put weights and bars down and hold them there for like 5 seconds before letting go to avoid an explosion of pain. Is there any way to heal this besides taking time off? Please help I don't want to lose gains

Reading threads like these always makes me glad that I don't have a physically demanding job.

You may have pinched or aggravated a nerve. Rest and ice for a few weeks and see a physical therapist if it doesn't get better.

I have tendonitis where my triceps connects to the elbow. I put on some slingshot cuffs and it was like nothing was ever wrong

this is because you have too much knee travel or caving knees during the squat.
learn to shove your knees out when you come out of the hole. and practice warming up sets with TUBOW.

meanwhile ice those painful hips parts.
you'll see it'll go away as long as you use good form.

how do i even fix this?
feels like im trolled by squat:

>squat holding the bar with thumbless grip
>excruciating pain in rear shoulder, no pain in elbow
>squat holding the bar with thumb-around grip
>no pain in shoulder, excruciating pain in elbow

wtf!??!

This is me. How do I fix this?

Will try this. Thanks in advance if it werks

Don't listen to this faggot. You can end up making the injury worse

I sprained my ankle a week ago, and now my foot turned compleatly blue
But I can still walk normal and it feels only warm when I walk
Is there anything I can beside resting?

You learn to deal with it, maybe the pain will get less worse later on.

If you can't improve your mobility, you could try getting your hands on a safety squat bar