Did he know what hell he would unleash Veeky Forums?

Did he know what hell he would unleash Veeky Forums?

I am pretty sure he did it on purpose.

Princip died in prison before the war's end, but his attitude toward war both before and after the assassination suggest that he thought it was a necessary evil to bring about a united and independent Serbian ethno-state.

Good drawing. The Inspector-General was wearing body armor, which included the collar. It would have stopped the bullet from penetrating, but would still have done damage of course.

He only died of tuberculosis in April 1918 surprisingly.

He was legally a minor (they were very strict about this; entirely a matter of birthdays), and so could not be executed, unlike some of the other assassins.

Probably not, but the masterminds almost certainly did

18 million deaths, chemical warfare, another world war, holocaust, nuclear bomb, etc. I doubt it.

It's what he wanted you brainlet.

This is now a hot historical figures thread.

YOU WANT A WAR GAV

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Nixon sorta looks like Obama.

Another general European conflict was inevitable; Princip just provided the excuse to get it underway.

Yup, the combination of nationalism, industrialization, and protection alliances made it inevitable.

This.
& no, he did not want ethno state serbian - he wanted united ilirya aka he was anarcho pan slavist.

No he doesn't.

He was visited by a psychiatrist called Martin Pappenheim while in prison. He felt absolutely terrible about Serbia's fate (this was in 1916), but comforted himself by reasoning that the World War would have happened even without the assassination.

If I were him, I would be overjoyed! By solely my own hand, beloved Serbia is free and germrats rot on the fields.

And the banks, of course.

He should have paid more attention to his Hoagie and less to the Archduke's vehicle

>shoots a guy to make serbia strong
>lives to see serbia being literally obliterated due to his actions
It's like poetry

>The Cossack pain train starts rolling

Whoever made that picture is hopefully somewhere stuck in a hellish limbo unable to escape and to be suffering for eternity.

There are dark forces at work.

>This is now a hot historical figures thread.

>Wearing crown
>Helping Slavic Jeremy Clarkson start the war that ended the era of kings.

I'll say... It's that actor who plays that bumbling fool of a Captain what's-his-name, a friend of David Suchet's Poirot!

>Slavic Jeremy Clarkson
I don't get it.

The goal of the assassination was to start a war with hope that it will eventually result with an enlarged Serbia.

>Princip
>wants Serbian ethno-state
>member of an organization comprised of Serbs, Muslims and Croats

kek

Does Soren count?

Serbia knew that Austria Hungary was a Paper Tiger, but still the 1v1 against them was pretty much a suicidal move. A victory at the cost of 2/3 of male population is something that is still not condemned properly in Serbian academic discourse (as little of it as it still exists).

Again, this is all muddled because of AH's presence on the Balkans. Romanticism came 50 years later and became all that much bloodier because of it. It boiled down to poor diplomacy from Karadjordjevic dynasty (dionysian to Obrenovic's apollonian if you will) that didn't see fit to rein in their deep state war dogs such as Apis (whom they got rid in Thessaloniki kangaroo court a few years later) and at the same time generals close to the AH emperor were all clamoring for war.

In the end, I think that Serbia was always too close to Byzantium and never able to properly integrate with catholicism; with proper diplomacy, Battle of Kumanovo should have remained the finest hour of a country that is now waiting to die off completely. I sometimes wish Napoleon was an idealist and sought to free Serbs and Greeks in the early 19th century.

underrated

Serbs are literally animals when it comes to
>muh nation
The entire Balkan war was just one huge Serbian chimpout. They have zero self-awareness and think everything from Belgrade to Tokyo is rightful Serbian land.

Why would someone draw this.

THE ENTIRE ASSASSINATION WA SA FUCKING MEME, THE WAR WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT YOU FUCKIN IDIOTS!!!!!

Prove it.

You just have to take a look at the state Europe was in prior to the assassination, when nobody knew it was even gonna happen, everybody was pumping up for something big

I wasn't talking about some grand scheme or some conspiracy bullshit, half of europe was desperate for was while the other half was scared shitless and getting ready for inevitable war

Nope. If Franz Ferdinand ascended to the throne (note that old crusty Franz Josef died only two years later), there would be no war, he was STRONGLY against attacking Serbia.
Some conflict between Germany, France and Britain might've still happened but not in the same configuration and with the same outcome.

Yeah of course it wouldn't have played out the same, but a fight between germany france and britain would have been enough to drag half of europe into conflict

Never realized he lived this long. For some reason I just assumed he died not too long after the assassination

Complete soyboy

Who was in the wrong? Though? Serbs wanted freedom and were sick of being oppressed. At the same time Franz and his lovely wife the sweet hearts of the empire didn't really deserve to die.

Stop posting these fucking threads every day

So he really was successful in the end. Yugoslavia was really a Serb- dominated mishmash of southern Slavs.

Blow it out your ass, Rexhep

YOU WANT A WAR GAV?

HAHAHAH

shit, I wouldn't have believed it was Princip if not for the crooked hairline.

The fuck is your problem?

>Jeremy Clarkson

literally how lol

keep dreaming about ever getting "your" lands back

That's how he normally looked. That famous picture in OP was taken after he got beaten and tortured like a motherfucker in jail.
Picrelated is him as a kid, second from the left.

We're not the ones annexing territories by immigrating to them and breeding like rats and starting incursions, if that's what you meant