What goes through your mind when you're working out?

I was wondering this earlier today at the gym. I'm aspiring to reach husbando/father mode eventually and what motivates me is to measure my weights in babies. The statistics I use are the average weight of newborns (3-5 kg) so a 60 kg weight would be equal to about 20 babies. I've found this to work very well for me, as it directly encourages to keep getting stronger. And as my goal is to become capable of supporting an entire family, it's correlates well with squatting.

What motivates you to go to the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WwMxH7a892A
youtube.com/watch?v=xdkLZNyEMVU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'appel_du_vide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like picking up heavy stuff, and I want to be able to pick up even heavier stuff.

I like to think about the upcoming race war.

i too, want to be a strong father figure, like i had. but i wont hit my kids

me too

I used to fuel my workouts with pure sexual frustration and hatred. For example I took half of my OHP resting time to mentally focus all my adrenaline and rage into the upcoming lift. Made me progress on OHP from like 45 to 57,5kg in 3 weeks. Nevertheless I must admit that I couldn't perform any sets without that hatred.

Nowadays I just lift, nothing passes my mind and I just do my routine while listening to my music. I assume I don't have to mention that my progress is horrible now.

>Pic related, mfw literally doing OHP

>plz dont drop it plz dont drop it plz dont drop it plz dont embarrass yourself

My sole desire to grow big and beefy tends to be enough motivation. Feeling and seeing my progress also helps.

her

This. Although lately my brain has been fucking with me and at the start of the rep I immediately think "why bother doing this shit?" And it sucks all my energy away

I Do It For Him

After I start I don't really think about much. I just count. So, wanting the number to be the right number maybe?

>going to the gym will make you a good soldier

>I assume I don't have to mention that my progress is horrible now.
It's called stalling/getting past the noob gains level of exponential progress

>What goes through your mind when you're working out?

>why do you bother lifting
>nobody cares about you
>your mother would be better off without you
>your dad made the right decision and left before you grew up
>the music sucks
>your existence is meaningless
>no girlfriend
>no friends
>no social skills
>you will never accomplish anything meaningful in your life
>your children won't grow up in a white country
>your lifts are shit
>you've fucked up your life already
>why do these people curl in the squat rack
>you're going to fail your exams
>remember that stupid thing you did 5 years ago that nobody else remembers

>why am I so weak
>this should be double the weight
That's pretty much my main motivation

>cleavage
>ass
>tight shorts
>I hope they don't notice me staring at them

>>your children won't grow up in a white country
>thinking this will make much of a difference to how they turn out when they've got such a shit pathetic father

>makes you more disciplined
>more fit
>faster, stronger, better, more attractive
>being more attractive makes you feel better about yourself
>feeling better makes you kill more easily
>owned sempai

That girls will find me attractive... I also do it just to be healthy and look good.

As a father of 3 I can say that children make great Dumbbells in a pinch.

>t. never been in the army or even done UOTC/ROTC if you're an anglo fag
You need to be fit to be a good soldier but being fit in no way means you're a good soldier
>>being more attractive makes you feel better about yourself
>>feeling better makes you kill more easily
>there are actually people who think like this
How old are you?

why would your brain force those kind of thoughts? Do you have other things to potentially cause stress?

the fact that i can always be better than what i am now drives me to achieve
also
>her

also
how do i this mode?

I lift so that i can become a god tier firefighter but also so that i can rescue babies, cats and doggos that fall into manholes and ponds.

Just taking a look around and realizing I'm the tallest one, giving small smug looks in the mirror.

You're right, shitposting is better

chemicals n sheeeeit

>jesus god I'm so out of shape
>how did I go this long without working out
>I'm weak and old compared to everyone
>that girl is stronger than me
>I'm so lonely I wonder if this sadness will ever end?
>I'm just going to be sore tomorrow and I won't want to work out again
>I'll be tired as fuck tomorrow and I can't get up early for work after this shit
>fuck me I've wasted my life
>It's too late for me
>it's hopeless I should an hero now
>my landlord will find my fat disgusting body
>the morgue comes to move me and I'm all jiggly 99% bodyfat percentage
these are the things I think. That's a nice barn Op is that your house or what

I lift because i want to be healthy, be able to do thinga and help in many ways as a christian and a polish person. You could say i want to be able to be an ok representation of a christian and polish person.

>tfw lifting for Jesus

>feels good
>improving myself to be the best I can be competing in the game that is life
>think about the structure of my life
>think about how glad I am I got the chance

I don't think about much other than the same few things that have been the core of my anger for years.

this

I hope nobody notices my gyno.

I want to be one of Ted Cruz's top skelegates in the grand quest for the fabled Galactigates

All of this

>One more set
>you can do it
>How many more seconds until my next set
>The 3 minute timer between sets goes too fast, but i have to man up and fucking lift
>etc..

>What goes through your mind when you're working out

That I need to get fit before my parents, especially my father, die so they can see my potential before leaving forever.

"I lift things up and then put them down, I lift things up and then put them down"

For her and to kick the ass of this douchebag that works with me

>i hope no one notices how big my hands are :(

>man I want to get this over with so I can look at my pump in the mirror

>remember that stupid thing you did 5 years ago that nobody else remembers
That one hits close to home

>>remember that stupid thing you did 5 years ago that nobody else remembers
Life is constant suffering

You're gonna be classic as a dad kek

>I hope no one notices me, talks to me or even looks this way
>you're not worthy of being protected >you're not worthy of existing
>I love this song
>nobody loves you, nor should they
>you're ugly and mannish, you will never be cute and ladylike; this is fine, accept it and lift more
>when shit hits the fan (race war, civil war, other crisis), you and your family will be the first ones to go if you can't protect them
>change or die

Mostly Cursewords

>I'm a creep
>I'm a weirdo
>what the hell am I doing here

>why do i even lift
>tfw no gf when i see all the girls around
>my life sucks
>i hope i get hit by car on the way home

pretty much

The only thing that goes through my mind is a sense of superiority as I outlift everyone with perfect form and athletic prowess.
Everyone is pathetic in my gym, fuckin normies.

My motivation is fear driven. I want to be ready If a civil war, terrorist attack, or invasion happens.

to defend myself against groups of tyrone / muhammed

My head is empty when I lift. I think about bracing and breathing, but there are no thoughts. Before a really heavy set or PR I sit on a bench or pace around the gym with a thousand yard stare with nothing going on in my head.
It's kinda therapeutic, because it's the only time except for when sleeping my brain shuts the hell up.

her

>i just count reps
>when resting i try to motivate myself on the next set
>also sometimes thinking about cumming on cardiobunny's tits

>I wonder if I have rested enough to make it through the next set
>How the fuck can't I progress by even 2 lbs at a time with my babby-tier sub 2pl8 squat?

Insecurity until I complete my first set of work squats. Then I don't give a fuck, even though I don't lift much more weight. If someone in the room is lifting more than me, I try to use it as inspiration to be better. I smile at people I incidentally make eye contact with, but for the most part keep to myself.

I try and rack all the weights I use to keep a feeling of goodwill, and I genuinely believe walking around the gym putting shit I use back is good exercise in itself.

The gym should be a positive place. You're with people looking to improve themselves. Much better there than some shithole politics debate.

go hard or go home
i do everything to keep myself from thinking i could do heavier and the next time it will be the heavier i can and it go on and on.

Some days I'm just chilling and nothing really is on my mind apart from the usual stuff that is going on in my life, I'm listening to chill music just doing my routine.

Other days I need loud music and just want to go crazy and rip that fucking bar off the floor even if it kills me. I wanna progress so bad that I dont even feel the pain anymore and if I miss a lift I feel like punching a hole in the wall.

But usually I am somewhere in between with a healthy focus, not really any big distractions just focused on what I have to do with nothing much on my mind apart from the next set I gotta do and maybe focusing on the music and pumping myself up a bit beforehand.

Recently I tried the George Leeman way of imagining you can bring back a beloved family member you lost if you just can get X reps on the Deadlift but I found that this sort of thinking can only lead to injury. He is right if you could get back a beloved family member or your lost love you could pull that shit even if it's slightly too heavy but honestly you are risking injury and if you do fail you feel like rolling on the gym floor and screaming in agony.

Gym is the only thing keeping me from offing myself. It's where I can feel happy. I usually talk to noone, just go through the motions, but it feels good. Then back to reality.

youtube.com/watch?v=WwMxH7a892A

It does work well as a motivation if you truly get it in your head but honestly I dont think it's worth going to such a dark place every time you do a heavy set I cant see myself ever being happy if I have to go through this shit multiple times a week.

>being fit in no way means you're a good soldier
yes it does, a fit person is less likely to die in combat than a tubolard fat ass

>s-someone please love me already

Holy shit you're retarded. What part of "you need to be fit to be a good soldier but being fit doesn't make you a good soldier" don't you understand? How can the fairly clear nuance of that statement go over your head?

superior taste

if i finish this set perfectly she will love me

>>i hope i get hit by car on the way home
That hit too close to home user. Some days I don't look sideways and cross the road in hope that some high speed truck hits me. I hold my breath and close my eyes as I reach the middle of the road and walk to the other side and release it.

youtube.com/watch?v=xdkLZNyEMVU

that or walking over a bridge and thinking of jumping from it or just stepping in front of a car.

there's actually a word for this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'appel_du_vide

only real way, lifting is meditation.

I don't really have time to think since I'm always counting reps, checking if I counted right, checking form etc.
How people manage to think or get bored while working out, I don't understand.

(You)