Veeky Forums do you have any advice for pushups? I need to increase the number of pushups I can do

Veeky Forums do you have any advice for pushups? I need to increase the number of pushups I can do.

I'm a weak lanklet and right now I can maybe do about 10 and it's a struggle. I can feel my muscles shaking.

I need to increase my number fast. Would it be possible to get up to about 30 in one week? How would I do that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4x10 push ups once in the morning and once at night 2 minute rests

>Would it be possible to get up to about 30 in one week?

No you fucking idiot, there are no shortcuts.

GREASE THE GROOVE

Read Bronson's book for crazy inspo.

As said, grease the groove is a good option. When you can do some more, Stew Smith has a program for MORE PUSHUPS in 2 weeks. The Wim Hof method also supposedly increases shitty push up numbers but I haven't tried it yet. Could work.

>GREASE THE GROOVE
Huh ok. That's kind of what I've been doing. I didn't know it had a name.

Just do a ton of pushups. Like, every day first thing when you wake up do as many as you can. Then do half of that in the afternoon and half again in the evening. So 10 as soon as you wake up, 5 around lunch, and 5 in the evening. Do that M-F and rest on the weekends.

You won't get to 30 in a week but maybe in a month if you work hard.

I really need to do it in a week though

>Read Bronson's book for crazy inspo
Which one?

Why? Is this for a bet?

shipping off to basic

air force basic

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I FUCKING KNEW IT.

ENJOY BEING THE FUCKING WORST IN BASIC.

I HOPE YOUR DI MAKES A SWEET EXAMPLE OF YOU.

holy fuck

you didn't think about this beforehand?

If you're a female in her late twenties or older you might just pass with 10!

All you can do are lots of heavy negatives. You fucked up ding dong. Go up on two arms and down on one arm as much as you can. Bonus points if you decline it a little. Do this every hour for two days. Your arms will hurt. You can mitigate this a little with a cold af bath and chocolate milk after each set.

For the rest of the week excluding the 48 hours prior to shipping, do lots of sub maximal sets (i.e. not to failure), but do them every half hour or so. If you need to do them on knees and/or on an incline. If you do them on an incline, bonus points for leaving a gap for your chest to go into to increase ROM. Also planks.

I have no idea what number you'll end up with but it'll surely be more than 10.

Yes I did but they got me set up to go pretty fast. I wasn't in DEP for long. I'm trying but I haven't had much time.

No I'm a guy.

I'm starting to wonder if I should even go now. Is is too late to back out? I've been told the contract means nothing until you actually leave for basic.

I just don't know. If I back out, I will have nowhere to go. My parents won't support me anymore. I'm too autistic to get a normal job and not autistic enough to get NEETbux. I'm strongly considering just running away and going innawoods

The airforce only requires 30 pushups?

It's worse than I though. They should be pulled out of DoD and placed into DoT

33 is the minimum

Should I even go? I just don't know what to do.

Why not go, get kicked out and try again? It would at least shorten the amount of time you go homeless for.

Why the fuck did your recruiter send you to meps in the first place?

Do half your max for 4 sets. Rest as much as needed, but don't overdo it with the breaks. 2.-3x a week, Check new max every month.

So 4x5 for you.

t. went from 30 to 120 in like two months, got the program from a Chinese ex-national trainer in kickboxing.

Yes. Go. They'll make an example out of you, but go. In the mean time listen to this guy:

He gave you some solid advice.

You'll be happy to know you're not the first retard to do this. The army is used to your kind. All this means is you're in for a rough ride. I would also not try skipping out. Not sure how it works but you don't want a dishonorable discharge.

>I really need to do it in a week though
Americans are so stupid. A week before? Lol. Us suck and rightly so.

Forget In fact, i'll delete it as punishment for being a stupid Ami.

There are no "tips" to increase pushups besides doing them. You're an anemic because you don't eat or lift and if you want to change that then bodyweight excersice is not how u get there.

Would it really be a dishonorable discharge if I just don't show up to go to basic? I've been told that the contract and wearing in mean nothing until you actually step on the bus to go to basic.

I don't know user.

In my defense, why don't they do a better job of testing to see if you're physically ready at MEPS? It was a joke. All they have you do is a duck walk and stuff like that. Anyone could do it.

>Would it really be a dishonorable discharge if I just don't show up to go to basic? I've been told that the contract and wearing in mean nothing until you actually step on the bus to go to basic.
Amerikaner...

Why can't you just give me a straight answer

Why should I even go at this point. I'm just going to embarass myself.

It's hopeless. It's fucking hopeless.

military is good for your situation. but if you're have second thoughts already, life is going to suck a lot for you.

>military is good for your situation
But the other anons have said I won't stand a chance. I'm getting mixed messages.

i meant your situation of being kicked out of parents house and not having other options

physically, you can adapt to the military basic training. just don't give up. start jogging and doing pushups today. run as far as you can and do as many as you can. You won't be the weakest/slowest person in bootcamp, and you certainly won't be the strongest/fastest.

But if you're going to go, you really need to work on your mindset. You sound like a pathetic dweeb who has 0 faith in yourself.

seriously, people who cant even do 10 pushups. What are you doing with your life? how did you reach this state.

You won't even be close to the least physically capable person who shows up to boot camp.
>think private pyle from FMJ. There's going to be countless fatbodies there just trying to make it by the skin of their teeth.
However, you also seem like the kind of person who would give up easily and/or be at risk of killing themselves. These are the kinds of people the military sends home without second notice for obvious reasons.
>again, private pyle from FMJ

I just did 11 and it was a serious fucking struggle.

11 pushups. That was all I had in me.

Be honest. Do you guys really think I can do this? If I'm fucked then why even go

Look I came here for help not your judgement.

At least you've started.

there's this thing called progress. you'll do 12 tomorrow. 13 after that.

you have a terrible mindset that will make you very unpopular in the military.

Veeky Forums sometimes I can go above 20 pushups and sometimes it is hard to get to over 10.
both fully rested
WTF

I just tried again and I got like 11 and a half. I went down for the 12th one and I just couldn't take it anymore. My arms gave out.

do you think guys who can squat 1000lbs did that on their first try?

More warm up more mobility. If that doesn't help then something's still going on, but could be anything from a medical condition to psychology to weird eating habits etc

So within about 5 mins you did nearly 23 pushups.

Here's some more advice: you can usually squeeze out more reps if you take a longer gap between each one. Do one rep. Wait 20 seconds (one mississippi two mississippi etc, doesn't have to be stop watch exact). Do another rep. Mpre or less the basis of the 20 rep squat program.

But will I be ready in time for basic? I have one week. If I keep trying like this can I make it or am I going to get my ass kicked at boot camp

Only shortcut is greasing the groove. It means to do 50% of your max. You do it whenever you are not tired and have the time to do it. I gtg between 5 and 10 times a day. You should also make sure your form is perfect.
>squeezing butt (PPT)
>shoulders protracted at the top
>chest touches floor at the bottom
>elbows not flared out

gtg is something you add to your routine. Meaning you should have at least 2 days on which you are going 100% at pushups.

Pic related is a template to get you to 60 push ups. You can start at week 1, 5, or 9

It's mostly psychological. Vincit qui se vincit.

Here is a template to get you to 15 reps since you can't do 10. Also this video shows perfect form
youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4

Set a number for yourself for the number of push-ups you want to do a day (maybe 150-300 a day), and do that for a full calandar month. Do them in sets of however many reps you want, just make sure you do the full amount per day.

i really don't understand why you joined the military if you're only thinking of this a week before basic.

If you are really this mentally weak, do not show up for basic. You won't go to jail if you bail now, but you will be in a world of shit if you bail after going to basic. You signed your life away for 4-6 years and you are only just now realizing you're gonna have to do physical work?

yeah my mobility is garbage
my whole body cracks, fuck even my sternum
also i literally have all triple scolio lordo and kyphosis
my left arm is fucked like it is popped out from joint (?)

lel what a freak

the final pt test will be at the end of training, so you have more than one week
do pushups every day, as many as you fucking can

>air force basic

dude what a joke, if you get any shit from your instructor, just fill out a sexual harassment form and you should be gud m8

I guess dead hangs might help with all that in mind. Make sure to not let shoulders pop out.

You might find not having your hands level helps too.

I will keep that in mind.

You're making me have second thoughts again user. I just don't know. What if I go and I regret it

Yeah I know the final test is at the end, but I still would prefer not to embarrass myself when I get there. I would like to be ready.

I'm still getting mixed messages from you guys.

>I'm still getting mixed messages from you guys.
we are not one person you complete faggot.
>What if I go and I regret it
Then you will go AWOL and you will be put in jail, or you'll nut the fuck up and stop being a faggot.

here is pic if you are interested i look totaly normal
only kyphosis is noticeable when i layer shirts

i dont lift obviously

oh and my head tends to tilt

>AWOL
Isn't it really easy to get out of basic if you want out? I've heard you can just go to the doctor and tell them you feel depressed.

You're just baiting right?
I swear to god I've had crazy attention whoring girlfriends who've use the memephrase "mixed messages" less than you.

You asked a question and got excellent advice from multiple sources. Whether or not you listen to that advice instead of prattling on about how uncertain you are about your own shitty life choices is up to you. No one here is in charge of your salvageable self confidence but you.

As long as it's done early. The longer you wait, the more money the military has spent on you, and the less forgiving they will be.

If he quits right now and doesn't go to basic at all, the only person that will be pissed is his recruiter.

>the only person that will be pissed is his recruiter.
Well that and my parents but I will be living in the woods again if this happens so it won't matter.

I lived in the woods before for a few weeks and it was awful. But where else can I go

>his recruiter
Why would the recruiter care? Do they get paid by the number of people they recruit or something?

no but they spend a lot time and sometimes money on each recruit, doing all the paperwork and background stuff, having lots of talks with them, going to bat for them if there are problems that need to be waivered, etc. And if the recruit doesn't have transportation, the recruiter drives them around, feeds them, maybe buys them some things they'll need in training.

Your options right now are: Go to training and seek to improve your abilities everyday. The government will feed you and give you a place to sleep for the next 4 years.

OR, if you have 0 confidence in yourself, don't go to training. Live in the fucking woods. Eat squirrels or some shit. Go to a homeless shelter. Work the shittiest jobs ever for the next 4 years, and never be able to work for the government again.

This board is pretty mean.

OP sounds like he is not mentally stable judging by some of his posts. He needs help.

harboring this thread with my own pushups-related question. I want to do pic-related program to be able to do 100 pushups. Will this fuck with my bench press and my recovery? I'm currently doing phrak's Greyskull

That's a badly bastardized fighter pullup/pushup progression isn't it?

It's basically cardio at the higher reps, so probably not so much. I would also not do one straight after the other.

stop being such a pussy faggot and man up
if you strengthen your resolve and give it your all you will make it

>That's a badly bastardized fighter pullup/pushup progression isn't it?
No idea, I got it from another thread
>It's basically cardio at the higher reps, so probably not so much.
Thanks.
>I would also not do one straight after the other.
You mean not do both at the same day?

Hold on a minute guys. I think maybe I've been misunderstanding something this whole time.

When they say you have to do a certain amount of pushups, let's say 33 pushups, does that mean 33 straight in a row without stopping for even a second, or does it mean as long as you get 33 within a certain amount of time.

I'm pretty sure I can do a lot more than 10 if we're allowed to stop for a few seconds. I thought it meant 33 in a row absolutely no stopping.

It's 33 in a minute, you can do it dude. It's okay to rest for a sec

Are you touching your chest to the ground too? You don't have to go that deeply on your pushups for them to count, atleast that's how they do it at my wing

do you really want to live in the woods? just do some pushups breh.

Boy this is a relief. I thought I was so fucked because I could barely do 10 in a row.

I think I can get to 33 in a minute. Right now I'm at about 20 but that's after tiring myself out. I will keep working it at it. It seems a lot more manageable now.

Maybe call your recruiter and ask as opposed to trusting an user on a Mongolian basket weaving board.
He might be trolling or he might legitimately not know/be from a unit that has different standards.

For shit this serious do you really want to leave it up to chance?

I watched some PT videos and they say you can rest.

Cybex chest press machine and make sure to grip the outside and bring the bars in while you push out. Impossible to fuck up and it's great for pushups.

Wait until you do the run : ^ )

You can rest in the up position.

I'm not worried as much about the run. I'm a pretty good runner already. Maybe not good enough to pass PT yet but I will get there.

It's the pushups and situps that are more of a problem for me. But I will work on it. I think I can do it.

Yeah I've been trying that.

wieghted pushups feg. Get some pl8s if u work out @ a gym. if u don't, use the bones of your children.
put them on ur upper back.
i try to do sets of 15 w 45 pl8.
I can do 46 pushups unweighted now.
i used to be able to do 27

dumb mother fucker of course you can rest lol

you are /skinnyfat/ mode rn
you look terrible
start lifting
best goddamn decision ull ever make