How the fuck do I lose 20 lbs? I'm 150 5'11". I hate being skinny fat

How the fuck do I lose 20 lbs? I'm 150 5'11". I hate being skinny fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/ethnic-differences-in-bmi-and-disease-risk/
amazon.com/gp/product/B00HYQP72O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

L
EAT
S
S

How do I get over cravings senpai
My [spoiler]older sister[/spoiler] makes good food that's hard to resist

By having willpower you cunt. Or drink Lots of coffee and water

Will power.
Self control.
>things you learned as a teen, some people can't even do them as an adult years later.

what kind of coffee and how much/day

Black coffee and as much as it takes

my self-control is shit. i'm 18 by the way, so barely an adult. how do i get better self-control?
wouldn't that stain my teeth?

Do you not brush your teeth?

Twice a day. I don't drink coffee often, but have heard of staining issues

Coffee isn't going to stain if you're brushing twice a day every day.

just go to the self control store and buy some, and yes coffee can stain your teeth. Drinking a shit ton of water might help, mostly think about how much better off you are not eating and looking better than eating and being satisfied for a minute or two.

Dude idk how no one has pointed this out. Is this Veeky Forums, wtf? If you lose 20 lbs, you'll be an average height Skeletor.

Just eat a clean diet at a little over maintenance calories, lift, and quit being a massive faggot.

thanks. i was 130 a year ago but recently overate due to depression. trying to get back to my original weight

Lift weights faggot, 130 is too low for any male to ever want to be

I went on Veeky Forums to seek advice. I have no idea what you're on about.

Also, why would I eat over maintenance calories if I'm trying to LOSE weight?

Because you're going to be a skeleton if you drop to 130 with no muscle mass and will look worse than you currently do

Thats not really skinnyfat. You would be skinny to average according to normies. Landwhales would do that thing where they go "YOURE ON A DIET??? LOOK AT YOU!" and so on.

Dude, I looked amazing at 130, which is why I am currently taking the steps to get to that point again.
130 is not "skeleton"

second that. are you retarded or a troll? start fucking lifting and get some muscle, jesus

OP here. What do you mean? Lol? This is the definition of skinnyfat. Do you have pictures to illustrate what a skinnyfat person looks like, because I thought I was skinnyfat ever since I got this fat.

And yeah, I get that a lot. It's annoying, so I don't tell anyone I'm on a diet anymore, and just say I'm not hungry instead.

130 is skeleton for everyone not 5'4 or below. I guarantee you didn't look good at 130. Eat above maintenance and lift weights 3x a week

You'll be a fucking skelly

>Goal is 5'11 130

Are you a bottom?

I wore skinny jeans and looked like your average Veeky Forumsg @ 130. Now I'm a skinny fat mess and just want advice. I am also Asian, which is why my standards may be different from yours. My relatives have been calling me fat lately.

Should I do cardio instead of lifting?
nah, I'm not gay

Damn called you were a Veeky Forumsggot.

Gtfo this board if you're trying to be 5'11 130. It's not healthy and you'll look retarded. REEE

Thanks for the advice, I guess. Would cardio make the process faster, or would I just end up hungrier than before?

fuck that noise , eat everything you can get your hands on

wait I misread. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO LOSE 20LBS FROM 150??

Losing fat is not your solution. Gaining muscle is.

Sounds like you've just got shit relatives. You will not look good and did not look good.

>wait I misread. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO LOSE 20LBS FROM 150??
Because I like the skinny Asian aesthetic. Skinny jeans look good on skinny people.

>Sounds like you've just got shit relatives. You will not look good and did not look good.
Nah, just typical Asian relatives. Nearly everyone is thin in my family.

Fuck off and read the sticky. How are you this retarded that you don't know if doing cardio would help you lose weight?

Jesus.

Nah, I do know that. However, I'm asking because when I did cardio for an hour straight, I ended up eating much more than I used to.

Lmao you're a skeleton NOW mate. Go read the sticky, go to the gym, gain some muscle mass, and eat a vegetable.

The problem isn't that you're fat. The problem is that you don't have anything to show underneath the healthy amount of fat that you do have.

You want to leave skinny-fat mode? Then gain some mass

because everyone on here has 25% bf and wants you to join club rippetoe by GOINGMAD

Bad news man, I'm 5'11"™ too, I'm a complete skelly and weight 168. You're probably 5'9" or something. Are you an american by any chance?

>all these posts reccomending weight gain

Do Americans Really Do This?

D Y S M O R P H I A

t. fat ass who thinks everyone who works out is trying to be a twink

lol youre illiterate arent you?

Don't lose 20. That's too low. Lose 5-10, then start clean bulking to build muscle. You are skinny fat, but only by a tiny bit.

>do americans really try to gain weight?
no everyone who lifts tries to gain weight at some point, OP is at that point. Did you forget what your post said?

Dumb, and illiterate, sounds like you're the perfect republican candidate for president, do you happen to wear fake tan too?

Why bring politics into this? Are you a loser of some kind?

Then please elaborate on what exactly you are trying to say

I'm skinnyfat, though. Can someone post a picture of what skinnyfat actually looks like, because I have no idea what else I would be considered.
I'm Asian so I carry weight differently. I really am 5'11", though. The nurse measured me at 6', but I don't think that was accurate.

hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/ethnic-differences-in-bmi-and-disease-risk/
> One possible explanation is body fat. When compared to white Europeans of the same BMI, Asians have 3 to 5 percent higher total body fat.

pick up a drug habit like cigarettes. works wonders

I'm Asian. My parents would disown me if I picked up smoking. Sorry bro.

you just have no muscle, you dont necessarily need to gain weight, but certainly dont lose 20 lbs, lift and eat what you currently have been.

OP, 130 is way too low. Start working out and pay attention to your macros. People get impressed with arms the most and it's the most noticable through clothing.

As for a diet to lose the fat, just count calories. If you want to get picky, start the Keto diet. That's what worked for me.

Good luck man, but remember to do it for yourself - not others.

go with the gum/patches

seriously getting addicted to nicotine is awesome and curbs your appetite like nothing else. also great for focusing on math tests. if your parents ever find out just tell them you were doing it to get straight As and make them proud.

I guess my ideal body would be something like ottermode/lean? Not sure how to describe it. But basically low bf% and some muscles in the abs and the arms.
My calves are already large (ex-fat), so can I skip leg day?
What are patches? Send me an amazon link or something senpai. Do EC stacks work?

I'm 5'9" and incredibly skinny, with not too much muscle. It's bad that you're only 150 right now. If you don't like the way you look, then lift some damn weights. I would like to gain weight by lifting. You're doing things badly.

How much do you weigh? OP here. I used to be fat back in middle/high school, so that's probably why I like being thin. My lowest was like 130 lbs and I'd like to get to that point again.

Sorry, I meant to state my weight. I'm a little under 160. Seriously, you're too skinny. Just do stuff to look in shape. Pull-ups, go running, etc. It sounds like you've got a serious problem with the way you see your body, and it's unhealthy. Your goal should be to look like a badass muscled guy. That doesn't mean you have to go hardcore and have arms the size of your body, but you should want to look good when you go to the beach.

If the pic you opened the thread with is you, you don't look bad at all. You just need to workout to get more defined muscles. Not wanting to be fat is good, but being crazy skinny is just as bad as having some fat. As long as you have muscles and you workout, you're fine. Also, skinny jeans are awful don't ever wear those again.

>It sounds like you've got a serious problem with the way you see your body, and it's unhealthy.
Yeah, it seems so, based on all the replies I've gotten in this thread. Verbal abuse probably fucked me up mentally. How do I fix this?
>If the pic you opened the thread with is you
Yeah, that's me.
>skinny jeans
genuinely curious, but what else is there to wear? and why not wear skinny jeans?

you're looking at this the wrong way. you're not skinnyfat in terms of excess fat, you've got normal 15-20ish fat% here, but no muscle. just start working out while eating +300 at tdee maintenance point, and you'll start replacing those slight moobs with pecs.

>skinnyfat
what does skinnyfat even look like?

It's a really loose/broad term. Generally it's when you don't necesarily have a bulging stomach/"dadbod", but you're not exactly skinny either. Generally it's just from lack of exercise. at 160 lbs and at 5'11", I would suggest just working out regularly instead of trying to starve yourself further, it'll start changing the fat to muscle

Start liking yourself by working out. If you have the space for it in your house, you can get something like this:

>amazon.com/gp/product/B00HYQP72O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can do pullups, and can bench/squat with the j-clips. You'd have to buy a bench and weights/bar too. Or you can just go to the gym. But get in shape. It feels incredible. It's hard as hell to start, but nothing feels better than when you're making gains. I started recently and already feel way better. If you get in shape, not only will girls think you look good, but it gives you something to bond with other guys about.

Lifting isn't just for looks though. Men need to be physical. It's in our blood. Unfortunately, the world has gotten pussified. Being fat didn't used to be a thing. Working out is part of being a man, and mental health will come along with the physical. Doesn't mean it will solve everything, but it makes life so much more interesting. Personally, I've become more confident, more talkative, etc.

As for the skinny jeans, why not just wear normal jeans? Skinny jeans look fucking stupid. I personally hate them, and it's my assumption that most people don't think they look good. I flat out don't like people when they wear skinny jeans, even if that's the only thing I know about them. Get a nice pair of Levi's. Personally, I love bootcut jeans the most, but straight cut will do as well.

Do you have a picture of a skinnyfat person? It's hard to imagine one at the moment.
>you're not exactly skinny either
Yeah, I guess that's the point: I made this thread seeking advice on how to lose weight. But seeing how everyone is telling me to lift instead, I think I need to reevaluate my life choices. So, thanks Veeky Forums. That being said, wouldn't it make sense to lose fat first, and then lift afterwards? Or can I go straight to lifting, instead?
Yeah, I've been dealing with depression on and off so I've been lethargic (read: lazy) as shit lately. How often and how long should I lift per week? Any tips on coming up with a schedule for a beginner?

As for skinny jeans, I actually don't wear them too often these days since I started wearing joggers. Reason why I don't wear regular jeans is because they make my silhouette look odd.

There's a sticky with lots of info, but usually people recommend every other day (so your muscles have some time to heal). Lifting can definitely help with depression. Depression comes from feeling like you have a lack of options, like you have no control. Lifting helps with that. It really does change the way your mind works. You're meant to be physical, and unfortunately masculinity is being attacked from all sides. But once you start lifting, you'll be on your path to becoming the man you were always meant to be.

A lot of people here will give some great advice on how to start (I'm pretty new myself to lifting), but the sticky can also be great. Just slowly work up, and don't worry about starting with low weights. Everyone starts somewhere, and people seriously don't care what you're doing. As long as you're actually trying to better yourself, that's respectable.

holy fuck you look like a pussy op

im 6'0 @ 200 lbs and my abs are somewhat visible

> One possible explanation is body fat. When compared to white Europeans of the same BMI, Asians have 3 to 5 percent higher total body fat.

>Asians have 3 to 5 percent higher total body fat.

basically asians are a bunch of bitches with low test

something like that