What is the best martial to get Veeky Forums or the best if you're already Veeky Forums?

What is the best martial to get Veeky Forums or the best if you're already Veeky Forums?
I'm thinking boxing and sambo lads.

Boxing
BJJ
Maybe karate if you can find a non mcdojo

BJJ classes are so expensive and I have no one to amateur practice with :(

Boxing and Judo

what the fuck, he's so intimidating even his opponent flinched

Yep, he isn't too big in MMA though.

he flinched because he threw a feint

shit I do not train any MA at all, but that looks so fucking shit

Eh, quick ass punches bro.

MMA, and wrestling is the best base for MMA.
Just train MMA and if you can't train wrestling.
It's not that hard to understand, you should know it considering that you're spamming MMA gifs

Boxers are the most well-conditioned because they have to be but I think BJJ and wrestling are the most complementary to weightlifting because they require the least mobility to be effective and are less impactful (less chance of concussion). You want to preserve your joints/brain. But any martial arts that have utility in MMA will serve you well.

shouldn't it be MIXED martial arts? punch punch kick?

> BJJ and wrestling are the most complementary to weightlifting because they require the least mobility

> Less mobility

Wut?

If you have to learn only 1 martial art. It's gotta be sambo.

BJJ is probably the most important at high level though

I really wonder if BJJ is worth picking up.

All I care about is self defense if it has to happen (aka can't run/bail).

The problem:
>immobile shit
>BJJ is probably quite useless in street self defense (no striking/defense against striking)

But boxing is out of the question, I don't want my head knocked on all day every day.

Look into judo or sambo

Judo is pretty good. Boxing great though for defense with slipping and footwork.

If you're doing Judo find a real dojo. Judo for points is pointless (kek). Make sure you always practice going from a throw to newaza.

Anyone done catch as catch can? It looks pretty fun.

Quality BJJ will cover range management and how to smother/control an opponenet. If you watch any BJJ streetfights you'll notice they often don't take much actual damage. It's also easier to defend yourself in court when your attacker isn't in a coma from head trauma.

Nothing will help, though, when you get sucker punched and soccer kicked in the head while you're down.

That wasn't even good form.

>at club
>chad confronts you in front of all the girls
>assume-defensive-bjj-position.jpg
>"What the fuck are you doing gaylord?"
>girls: "eeeeew"
>"Let's get out of here..."
>heh, I've surely scared him off with my superior jiujutsu knowledge!

Really nigga?

>Fuck, I wish I knew how to punch, but I've only been trained in BJJ so I'm not allowed to
>I've never ever tried a take down on the mat even once
>I've looked up what a kick is on wikipedia, but, since I do BJJ, I'm not sure they exist
>I would have won that street fight if I had done something besides going straight to the bottom of turtle! It sucks because I totally scored points using it in competition

When you go for boxing training, for a long time you will be focused on using your legs, instead of fists. It may not look like that, but modern boxing is more focused on not getting hit (and being able to counter or retaliate), instead of just hitting (as they say - who cares if you can land one good punch, if that won't probably knock out your enemy and then he can counter you and hit you in much more hurtful way? Cause you know, counters hurt much more.)

I'm not saying that you should go to boxing, but you said some not true shit, so I felt like I should correct you.

Boxing/Sambo/BJJ
Best combo prove me wrong.

I've been doing BJJ for about a year and yes it's expensive and yes they don't really teach striking (some gyms may offer mma/kickboxing classes in addition to BJJ) but it's not useless in the streets, just because you don't punch on the mats doesn't mean you wouldn't punch or kick if some cunt who won't let up. If it's just one on one most fights go to the ground and if you even know a little bit of BJJ you can end it in under a minute. But if it's more than one or they have weapons just suck their dicks op.

I'm too busy lifting and jerking off to big tit milfs to practice 3 fucking martial arts.

Leaves you vulnerable to all sorts of kicks and strikes yeah - a truely shitty position to be in.
That's what I meant when I said it doesn't help you with that.

What the fight is this?

muay thai is the best for street they teach you how to kick for distance and elbow/knees for close quarters they also teach good throws / clinch so its abit of upper body grappling to and their punches arnt super hard so you probably wont break your fingers/hands in a street fight... if you get knocked down in the street vs multi people no style will help

>he falls down
>you use your whole bodyweight to punch him in the face
shit like this triggers me

this.

Always hated seeing Dan do this shit.
Let the man sleep in peace.

In fairness, Bisping was talking so much shit as usual, Hendo just wanted to repay him in the form of a Nuclear H-Bomb that Bisping still feels to this day

I mean, I wouldn't want to support sport by watching that promotes shit like that, judging from webms posted on Veeky Forums over the years, it's pretty common.

I think this is the best combination I've ever seen.

t. Virgin

>BJJ is probably quite useless in street self defense (no striking/defense against striking)

Wut? Maybe not if you go to a gym that only focuses on sports BJJ i.e. competitions.
>be me
>bb in TKD (got when I was 17)
>bb in Judo
>brown belt in BJJ
>14 amateur KB bouts
>3 amateur boxing bouts
>7 amateur MMA bouts

I've been in plenty of street fights and I always end up going to my BJJ very quickly, and to say there's no training in striking defense is just horseshit. A blue belt in BJJ should be able to avoid getting struck, period.

If your BJJ gym doesn't teach takedowns, or only spends a couple of classes on them before a competition, find another gym. I'm super serious about this. I see a lot of guys at competitions who immediately try to pull guard and work from their back. That is not how you use BJJ in an actual fight, and my coach goes apeshit when people do it. A good takedown should end with you on top, KoS or in mount.
You could also supplement by doing some Judo classes, maybe a couple of times a month, just to work on your takedowns.

it ain't over till the ref pulls you out

Is the American achievable natty?

>a fucking leaf
I doubt Stefan Kesting has been in a single street fight in his life.